IMG_8740.PNG
MG BM66 (resized).jpg
BC960DCA-F475-43BF-A7CC-05756E90E26C-1570-00000275266E59E0 (resized).jpg
68401652 (resized).jpg
popcorn (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-03-01-19-40-40 (resized).png
IMG_8860 (resized).JPG
IMG_8861 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

That's because this hobby is full of suckers who have to have that "special snowflake" machine in their collection to be "different" ...

Completely disagree.

I'm in the market for a MG. I'm hardly a "sucker."

There are people in, literally, every hobby that exists who want to collect what just does it for them. Cars, watches, wine, fountain pens, antique furniture, cigarette lighters, fishing flys, etc, etc, etc... Every single hobby has rare or unusual items that enthusiasts in that hobby are drawn to.

I'm from South Philly. I got a great condition Rocky pin from a fellow Pinsider, re-stenciled the cab, got the last known NOS play field, etc, etc. Its NOT a fun game. game play stinks! But it's the theme that's been part of my life since I was a little kid and I'd humbly say it's the nicest Rocky pin in the hobby. I spent way more than the end value of the game (just like guys spend $45k to restore an old Camaro that'd worth $35k after the restoration). I did it because that's what I wanted. Doesn't make me a sucker.

I talk to guys all the time who have been on the hunt for the perfect Mario Andretti pin or the nicest Waterworld. It's what speaks to them, or brings up good memories, or was the game they played as a kid on the boardwalk or whatever.

Just because someone wants something different then you, or is willing to spend more for something, doesn't make them a sucker.

It's so damn insulting to continually read insults and crap like this on Pinside.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It does say best offer next to the $33k

I'll give you 12k since it's Tom bradys number

#53 7 years ago

The art is spectacular! I want a translight just to hang on my wall. I just watched some videos on Youtube with un boxing. Ah Good ol' Kaneda in his best form.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

the fact that I have zero desire to spend 275K on a 1959 Goldtop Les Paul does not effect the price of a 1959 Goldtop Les Paul. Sorry, didn't mean to add a guitargument...

Guitarguments rule!

rd

#55 7 years ago

Just saw that the LCD screen at the back of the playfield looks like it was just thrown in there. They made no attempt to hide the silver frame around the screen. It literally looks like it was just thrown back there out of the vendor's box. You'd think they could have made a nifty frame to hide the edges.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Completely disagree.
Just because someone wants something different then you, or is willing to spend more for something, doesn't make them a sucker.
It's so damn insulting to continually read insults and crap like this on Pinside.

Being a sucker can be somewhat subjective. What one person calls a sucker, another might view as just an idiot with more money than sense.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Completely disagree.
There are people in, literally, every hobby that exists who want to collect what just does it for them. Cars, watches, wine, fountain pens, antique furniture, cigarette lighters, fishing flys, etc, etc, etc... Every single hobby has rare or unusual items that enthusiasts in that hobby are drawn to.
I'm from South Philly. I got a great condition Rocky pin from a fellow Pinsider, re-stenciled the cab, got the last known NOS play field, etc, etc. Its NOT a fun game. game play stinks! But it's the theme that's been part of my life since I was a little kid and I'd humbly say it's the nicest Rocky pin in the hobby. I spent way more than the end value of the game (just like guys spend $45k to restore an old Camaro that'd worth $35k after the restoration). I did it because that's what I wanted. Doesn't make me a sucker.
I talk to guys all the time who have been on the hunt for the perfect Mario Andretti pin or the nicest Waterworld. It's what speaks to them, or brings up good memories, or was the game they played as a kid on the boardwalk or whatever.

I am just trying to explain why some people could care less about MG.

I think the rationale is that when you talk about cars, watches, fountain pens (etc..) several things are probably present not just rarity.

An expensive watch is probable a very fine piece of jewelry and probably was significant in some way in quality and design. If I made a watch and it was the only one that would ever be made it would be rare but it would not be significant.

Many people think of something is desirable and sought after because it's positive or significant not like BM66 SLE which is a marketing gimmick.

Example if Action Comics 1 is the first appearance of Superman and then Superman goes on to be one of the most popular super heros of all time therefore that comic is both rare and significant.

If instead there was another comic of that same time was the first appearance of Body Odor Man and that character never did anything after. Obviously there would be very low interest in that example. I am not saying BO comic issue would not be collectable as it was rare and old but it would be kind of like who cares.

If a comic book company said it was just producing an issue that was limited only so they could jack up the price that's not the same as a legitimate comic that was the first appearance of Superman. It's just marketing fluff.

Another example would be someone who collected let's say a guitar that belonged to Charles Manson. It historic and 'collectible' but a lot of people would see this as somehow a dubious thing to fawn over.

Finally just buying everything in sight just because it's rare and you have a ton of money is different than buying significant pieces of history or actually good.

#58 7 years ago

Jpop would be Body Odor Man.

QSS

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Being a sucker can be somewhat subjective. What one person calls a sucker, another might view as just an idiot with more money than sense.

I'm going to buy Matt Ryan's Super Bowl jersey because I have a ton of money and it's rare and no one else will have it.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Completely disagree.

You have your opinion and I have mine. I respected your train of thought until your last line. My opinion is not crap just as yours isn't. It is my perception of reality, just as you have your perception.

That being said, given the story and debacle of this machine, I could not throw enough gasoline on them to obliterate them from existence. JPops creation of these games was a major black eye to our community as a whole, and I don't see any redeemable factors on this game. Millions of dollars were lost, people faced ramifications they did not expect, legal implications have been lingering for years - it has NOT been a good story.

Yet, people want it as that "Special Snowflake" machine, and to me, this machine represents nearly everything wrong with the hobby - he took advantage of people, he lured them in with a massive bait and switch, and then he squandered $1M+ dollars to play "arts and crafts" for 5 years.

All your examples have time and character on their side - Rocky, watches, cars, etc. This game has nothing but bad memories, incomplete code, and broken promises. There is , IMHO, nothing redeemable of it.

To many people, me putting in $10k into my AFM would make me a sucker. I take your approach, a childhood dream theme of 21 years ago. You're right. MG has nothing going for it.

You and I can agree on some things, but MG being a desirable machine - no way.

#61 7 years ago

Ok conversation is fine. Please leave your opinions of the manufacturing company in the jpop thread

#63 7 years ago

lol now I remember that. I did that as a joke the before it was in hand. I left it up for five minutes to mess with a buddy picking his up first

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

lol now I remember that. I did that as a joke the before it was in hand. I left it up for five minutes to mess with a buddy picking his up first

Gotcha. I just saw it in archived ads for Magic Girl, no idea how long it was left up for. I actually feel like you can ask whatever you want for it. People will only pay what it is worth to them and hopefully you can find someone that feels like it is worth a lot to them.

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Like NPO said, we can certainly consider you a "sucker" for spending tens of thousands of dollars on a broken, mostly unplayable game with extremely bad karma associated with it. We're entitled to our opinions just as much as you. I would not want a MG in my collection, knowing how many people got f**ked by Popadiuk in the process of its creation. You obviously feel differently

#66 7 years ago

Raza and Aiw people paid to fund MG

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Surrrrre

#68 7 years ago

If someone is ready to buy 33k an unplayable pin, why other manufacturers would built a playable pin for 6k~10? I think it leaves very promising prospects for the manufacturers

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Raza and Aiw people paid to fund MG

Just about every mg buyer had money on raza like this person did too

#70 7 years ago

Does a sucker even know if they are a sucker?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This game is not for me but there are rare game collectors with plenty of money that will buy this machine and will be very pleased with their purchase. Who are we to judge.

BC960DCA-F475-43BF-A7CC-05756E90E26C-1570-00000275266E59E0 (resized).jpgBC960DCA-F475-43BF-A7CC-05756E90E26C-1570-00000275266E59E0 (resized).jpg

#72 7 years ago

Raise the bar again.
Join the "gotta hype the hype" crowd, it's hilarious entertainment for you, and it's free.
Sit back and watch people duke it out, it's fun.
MG will go down as an albatross of pinball, and some people will make a decent profit.
GLWS.

"Strike when the iron is HOT!"
- TBK

ebay.com link: Magic Girl Pinball Machine Very Rare

#73 7 years ago

as the saying goes "one man's trash is another man's treasure"

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Raise the bar again.
Join the "gotta hype the hype" crowd, it's hilarious entertainment for you, and it's free.
Sit back and watch people duke it out, it's fun.
MG will go down as an albatross of pinball, and some people will make a decent profit.
GLWS.
"Strike when the iron is HOT!"
- TBK
ebay.com link » Magic Girl Pinball Machine Very Rare

Is it really nessisary to post someone else's sale in my sale thread?

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Why are you complaining? The ebay ad is asking 11K higher, and more importantly, has some pictures of the game. Folks can look at it to see what's in the box, then come back buy your cheaper game

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Actually, if you consider the situation, it will help you potentially make an immediate sale.
Think of it as a fellow collector helping hand.
You can use the profit to take an amazing world vacation, a new car, new commercial products, or another 5-8 collector quality pinball games that actually work.
The sky is the limit.

"Je vois tout."

#77 7 years ago

What... This hasn't sold yet ??!!!!

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Completely disagree.

Rocky is a fun game with a unique layout, it's too bad you don't appreciate it for that.

#79 7 years ago

I watched some of the unboxing video- WTF it has features that are literally not physically in the machine to make them work?-- wow. My MMR coin mechs that were missing only cost me $19.99.

#80 7 years ago

Anyone in New England who collects pinball has probably bought a game from this seller, Lorenzo. He's a good dude, fair dealer. I don't want an MG but hey if you really want one Lorenzo is as good a guy to buy from as any.

#81 7 years ago

33k Magic Girl better do her job for that kind of coin!!!

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just saw that the LCD screen at the back of the playfield looks like it was just thrown in there. They made no attempt to hide the silver frame around the screen. It literally looks like it was just thrown back there out of the vendor's box. You'd think they could have made a nifty frame to hide the edges.

Details Matter.

#83 7 years ago

$23k Michael Jordan must be the magic number. Or not.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Details Matter.

Sounds like beezelboob wants his money back.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like beezelboob wants his money back.

God, no, O-dung...I don't get with Jpoop games.

Just making a casual observation, and sorry I rubbed the OP the wrong way, who is a great guy and a great seller. Sorry Lorenzo!

#86 7 years ago

You want to know what's hilarious?

First we had boutique (excuse the word) companies selling games that may never exist, and now the marketplace is flooded with pinsiders selling those same games that still may never exist. lol!

Except this one of course.

#87 7 years ago

Why would they produce a game that doesn't work?
I'm confused, what's wrong with magic girl?

non-functional ramps?

#88 7 years ago

I'm thinking Odiner is going to sell his piece of shit BM66LE for chump change and add another $20K on top for this fabulous beauty!

#89 7 years ago

I hate the price policing, and the negative comments in a for sale thread. It's rude.

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Odiner is going to sell his piece of shit BM66LE for chump change and add another $20K on top for this fabulous beauty!

Not on your life! I want something I can play... TONIGHT!!!!

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I hate the price policing, and the negative comments in a for sale thread. It's rude.

I disagree. It is what makes Pinside the best place to purchase a pin. The deals will always be more fair here. The seller is always welcome to place the ad without the forum post or to avoid Pinside entirely. They will have less exposure and be less likely to sell their pin but they will have a better chance of ripping someone off elsewhere. The community watches out for each other here and I think that is overall better for the future of collecting. There is a for sale thread for a Hobbit SE for $7500 and I have posted twice there about what a good deal it is. The more Pinside is known as a place for fair deals, not rip-offs, the better.

#92 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

You have to be kidding me right?

The "collectors" will jump all over this regardless of what anybody else thinks.

They don't need a pump and dump to know true value.

#93 7 years ago

For all the frustration, expenses and anger J-Pop created within Pinside and the rest of the community, the prices on these Magic Girl games must be a huge boost to his ego. Coupled with actually delivering a few games, he's probably feeling a great sense of pride and accomplishment. The pinball world never ceases to amaze me, in so many ways.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

If it's a bad price, by a lot, I don't mind pointing it out. And vice versa when it's a good deal.

#95 7 years ago

$13k premium for the pain and mental anguish of riding jpops emotion roller coaster?

Seems fair.

For him at least. Not fair for the trail of bodies jpop left of the other pre-order victims.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

There is a for sale thread for a Hobbit SE for $7500 and I have posted twice there about what a good deal it is.

If it was such a great deal it would have sold already without your price pumping. Game is ehhhh and I have been offered the SE for less and am not motivated.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

This pricing is insane and SOMEONE needs to be called out for that. Price policing is good for the hobby as it keeps newbs from making overpriced impulse purchases and prevents sellers from dangling their collection out there hoping for a sucker sell. You think prices are crazy now? They'd be double if there weren't collectors calling bullshit every now and then.

#98 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

If it was such a great deal it would have sold already without your price pumping. Game is ehhhh and I have been offered the SE for less and am not motivated.

NIB Smaug 8K pick up all day!

#99 7 years ago

I just clicked on that Ebay listing for MG from Kaneda for $45,000. I find it interesting that he is using a reputable pinsider name as his ebay identity. Fattrain11? Lame

#100 7 years ago

This is a for sale post. People that are considering spending $33k for a Magic Girl don't need the fake "price policing" that is being offered.

The posts here saying the price is insane or I wouldn't pay that much are posting opinions... Are these posts citing market value based on previous pinside sales and current trends? That would be No

GLWS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 237 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-magic-girl/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.