IMG_1041 (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpg
IMG_1011 (resized).jpg
IMG_0941 (resized).PNG
mg7 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Magic Girl #00

Featured Ad

Added: 2019-03-08 07:18:35 UTC • Ended: December 4th, 2019
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

If you are looking for Ultra-rare then look no further.
Probably one of the rarest games in existence today.
Here is a True Pinball Collectors item. Number 00. Magic Girl.
Absolutely stunning work of art. Just took out of box to take pictures.
The pictures do not do any justice to how truly beautiful this game really is..
Should be in a Museum.
Come see it in person on display at the PinGraffix Booth March 21st to the 24th at the Texas PinBall festival. Truly stunning piece.
If you are looking at this you know what it is.... Please not interested in Trades. Can be picked up directly from the Texas PinBall show. Or we can deliver and set up to within two hours driving distance of NYC area. Shipping can be arranged at buyers expense. Mainland USA

Comes with some extra plastics.. Manual and goodie bag and Topper.
PinGraffix PinBlades as well (not installed)
Game is sold as is.

•DISCLAIMER. It does flip and play but it is not 100 percent completed due to software and mechanical issues that were intended by the designer to be completed yet was unable to because of various reasons.

This is more of an art/collectors piece rather than a fully playable game

Item photos

Mg1 (resized).jpg
Mg4 (resized).jpg
Mg5 (resized).jpg
mg7 (resized).jpg
mg8 (resized).jpg
IMG_0941 (resized).PNG
IMG_1011 (resized).jpg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpg
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_1041 (resized).jpg
IMG_1040 (resized).jpg
IMG_1046 (resized).jpg
IMG_1042 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 2.35.24 AM (resized).png

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are joeraptor2003's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to joeraptor2003's stats page

Listing result

This was a distributor ad (NIB sales).

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Valley Stream, NY, US

#2 5 years ago

I thought this thing still needed like 90% more code, no?

#3 5 years ago

Still pretty awesome.
-Mike

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I dont think this piece is about gameplay.

GLWS Joe

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I dont think this piece is about gameplay.

GLWS Joe

#6 5 years ago

What’s going on in picture #11 where it looks like broken plastic? Or is it just rough edges?

#7 5 years ago

Man that’s pretty, not very practical, but pretty as hell

#8 5 years ago

This game really is gorgeous

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

What’s going on in picture #11 where it looks like broken plastic? Or is it just rough edges?

Looks like saw blade plastic to me.

#10 5 years ago

Can’t wait to see this at tpf

#11 5 years ago

Wow just beautiful! Good luck with the sale Joe!

#12 5 years ago

$10K by Christmas
Immaculate!

#13 5 years ago

What does/(supposed to do) that whole mystic ring contraption do? It's so much stuff stacked, I can't make out what's going on.

#14 5 years ago

What makes this game any different than a home brew game? Because it was a bad jpop design?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

What makes this game any different than a home brew game? Because it was a bad jpop design?

It was intended to be a commercial, production game.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

the budget and expectations for the project were significantly higher than your average homebrew game, and unlike your average homebrew game, hundreds of people here footed the bill.

So love it or hate it, it's a very unique piece.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It was intended to be a commercial, production game.

Wasn’t it supposed to be a 15 run? What makes that commercial operator available? It’s a home brew.

#18 5 years ago

Ok everybody...Msch says/thinks it’s a home brew...OK Msch we know your stance on the pin...OK the rest of pinside can carry on.............Joey

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

Ok everybody...Msch says/thinks it’s a home brew...OK Msch we know your stance on the pin...OK the rest of pinside can carry on.............Joey

Not sure why anybody cares what anybody calls it.

I'd consider it a homebrew, except that's being kind of unfair to all of the homebrewers who produced actual functioning pinball machines.

#20 5 years ago

How much?

QSS

#21 5 years ago

If you have to ask, it's out of your budget.

#22 5 years ago

Great price, glws!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why anybody cares what anybody calls it.
I'd consider it a homebrew, except that's being kind of unfair to all of the homebrewers who produced actual functioning pinball machines.

LOL. This.

#24 5 years ago

I'd consider this a prototype as it is labelled in the Ad. Jim was unable to complete the project since JPOP stopped paying him so several of the things planned don't work.

GLTS someone will love to have this as a conversation piece in their gameroom. There were some innovative things in the game at the time it was developed.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'd consider this a prototype as it is labelled in the Ad. Jim was unable to complete the project since JPOP stopped paying him so several of the things planned don't work.
GLTS someone will love to have this as a conversation piece in their gameroom. There were some innovative things in the game at the time it was developed.

I can imagine the great conversations...

Cool looking game, can I play it?

No.

#26 5 years ago

If all the hardware is there is it salvageable for someone who codes?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

If all the hardware is there is it salvageable for someone who codes?

Everything is "salvageable" but it's a question of time, effort, and money. If someone stepped up with a full budget and paid someone, sure you could "finish it" whatever that means.

The huge problem beyond that is not only the code is unfinished, the game is mechanically unfinished and untested. So how do you code a game with several key mechs that don't yet work and haven't been proven to be feasible, and could well require complete re-engineering? I honestly believe the money and effort required to "finish" this game would exceed that of just doing a new game ground up.

#28 5 years ago

There are videos on youtube showing the game plays and I'm sure the OP would let the buyer play it before purchasing. Haven't you seen the videos?
Its not dysfunctional, just incomplete

Quoted from gliebig:

I can imagine the great conversations...
Cool looking game, can I play it?
No.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I honestly believe the money and effort required to "finish" this game would exceed that of just doing a new game ground up.

Too bad, what a shame because it looks freakin amazing!

#30 5 years ago

what about the fact this game is actually being finished by Deep Root and expected to be available for sale this year? Yes DR has delayed before but I think this game is tied to a legal agreement made to previous buyers so it needs to come out or legal actions will be pursued.

Either way - game is a looker.

#31 5 years ago

How many are there out there?

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what about the fact this game is actually being finished by Deep Root and expected to be available for sale this year?

You use the word "fact" so confidently!

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You use the word "fact" so confidently!

well court's will decide if that's not true I guess. Of all the games DR is working on - I would think MG has the best chance of actually being released due to the legal implications if not.

#34 5 years ago

I don't get this one. It does seem to belong in a museum to be looked at and not in some arcade being played by kids. Takes all the fun out of pinball imo. Seems like there are cheaper ways to get some nice artwork and blinking lights. That said, I'm sure there is some high end collector out there that would love to have this.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

What your argument of it not being a home brew pos?

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

What’s going on in picture #11 where it looks like broken plastic?

Broken plastic is in picture #14.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Why would it be broken if this just came out of the box for pictures?

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's not broken. It's a clear plastic cut in the shape of a saw blade.

#39 5 years ago

Anyone know the differences between "prototype" and the "production" ones AP built?

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not broken. It's a clear plastic cut in the shape of a saw blade.

It is broken the rabbit on the left is missing.

Could be broken because it is a prototype

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Why would it be broken if this just came out of the box for pictures?

Prototypes don't come out of boxes shiny and new. This thing was tinkered with and played at shows. Stuff happens.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Prototypes don't come out of boxes shiny and new. This thing was tinkered with and played at shows. Stuff happens.

Got it, I guess "Just took out of box to take pictures. " isn't relevant in that case. Either way if you're paying 20-30k for this machine it would be peanuts to have a new plastic made.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from jp1985:

Got it, I guess "Just took out of box to take pictures. " isn't relevant in that case.

I could be wrong. I was assuming this is the proto that made the rounds a few years ago.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what about the fact this game is actually being finished by Deep Root and expected to be available for sale this year? Yes DR has delayed before but I think this game is tied to a legal agreement made to previous buyers so it needs to come out or legal actions will be pursued.
Either way - game is a looker.

LOL. Personally, I’ll believe it when DP rolls uh, anything off the lines. But even so, it will not be the same game - as noted they will need to (re)write code, reengineer mechs and get the game shootable. This game has several shots which aren’t makeable. The ball physically can’t get there.

That said, it is incredibly rare and a possibly one of a kind museum piece.

#45 5 years ago

got change for $100?

#46 5 years ago

Hhhm, no asking price? Sticker-shock avoidance maybe: I guess high-rollers only need apply...

Last MG that traded hands that I know of went for $14000. Another one has been sitting for a while at $20K. Wondering how this one should fit in.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It is broken the rabbit on the left is missing.
Could be broken because it is a prototype

Oh, on the slingshot--I missed that one. I was looking at something else in image 11.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what about the fact this game is actually being finished by Deep Root and expected to be available for sale this year?.

Bwahahahahahaha. I'm sorry. Woowhee. That was a good one. I needed that after the week I've had. *wipes a tear or two away*

Not a direct attack at you. I just dont begin to believe it.

#49 5 years ago

Hello all.
Just want to make a correction. This is not a Prototype but rather 1st one off the line.
Thank you
Joe

P.S. Yes the Rabbit plastic is broken but I have a replacement that I havent installed yet.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Just want to make a correction. This is not a Prototype but rather 1st one off the line.

So this was the first one built by American Pinball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-magic-girl-prototype-00?hl=rozeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.