IMG_1041 (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpg
IMG_1011 (resized).jpg
IMG_0941 (resized).PNG
mg7 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

Thanks for the backup Brent... I think "targeted audience" would have been a much better play on words.
Exploit...what is this ?? Human Trafficking??? geeze...
For those of you interested here is a small clip of the game being played by PINLEN

This game was picked up at American PInball so that is confirmed.
As for the disclaimer.. i can write pages upon pages..
I am selling the game..not going into the history
if you want to know the whole story..this web site should sum it all up for anyone.
http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

A bit late to post: I had a blast flipping this. As incomplete, and broken (unfinished) as it is, this game has been in my sights every since it's inception. Irrespective of it's history, I can say in person, what a sight to behold! Looking around the play field, one can almost see where John completely lost track of what he had in mind, going off in some wild tangents. I posted a small clip on facebook, as expected, I got bashed. Yes, it sucks...people did not get what they paid for. Also, understand, you (pre-purchasers) bought into a machine not only sight unseen, Zidware had not even produced a final product! What did anyone think was going to happen? Same thing goes for those who pre-purchased Alien. You were, in essence, crowd funding their start-up pinball companies. At the end of the day, if anyone makes a promise to build you something without having a solid foundation on which to base that promise, you're already being set-up for failure. I'm a huge proponent of personal & fiscal responsibility. Even after all of those failed attempts at pre-orders paid in full, people STILL put up non-refundable deposits (ala Spooky). In fairness, the outcome of giving Charlie money VS, a start-up with no set production/final product in place is that even though it may take a while, YOU WILL get a machine from Spooky. Still, you see people regretfully giving up by selling their spots for several hundred less than their initial $1000. Why? Why would you even pull the trigger on a commitment like that until you've had a chance to see what you're buying? I'll never understand it....

My opinions may very well be unpopular, but I don't care. To sit here and say Joe is exploiting anyone is flat out absurd. The man has a heart of gold, and will give you the shirt off his back without asking for a thing in return.

#102 5 years ago

i Don’t know if it was accidental, but it’s not fair for you out of all people to make a comment that’s poisonous in this for sale thread.

Quoted from deeproot:

Very clever. But you won’t be able to, nor would you want to.
—Robert, dT

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

i Don’t know if it was accidental, but it’s not fair for you out of all people to make a comment that’s poisonous in this for sale thread.

I strongly disagree with that, making a buyer knowledgeable is exactly what a forum is about. Outside of the collector value I would be pissed to spend 25 or 30k on a pinball machine to see one finished and brand new coming right after for 10k.

#104 5 years ago

Then maybe deeproot should announce in this thread when and how much since you feel they’re so helpful, but they won’t . I’ve never seen a price listed, but I would be surprised if it was any less than 15,000. I feel it’s very unprofessional to comment at all in a for sale thread, especially when a comment like that is clearly going to cause drama.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

I feel it’s very unprofessional to comment at all in a for sale thread

Seller's choice to create a thread. If you want zero discussion, make a stand-alone ad. Rare expensive games with troubled history will always generate drama. Look on the bright side, this ad remains at the top of the forum.

#106 5 years ago

I would love to know the price and timing of the deepoot magic girl. For now, anyone that wants to form an opinion should come to TPF where this actual game will be set up at the Pingraffix booth. Can’t wait to see all of our friends, looking forward to making new ones. See you in Texas!

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Then maybe deeproot should announce in this thread when and how much since you feel they’re so helpful, but they won’t

Robert Mueller from Deeproot already confirmed that Magic Girl will not be released in 2019. Price is TBD, but they were targeting to be competitive with Stern in the premium range, whether that happens to remain in the ballpark based on BoM/design/tooling/production is unknown, as few have seen the planning/execution for the game construction facilities. They wanted to go even lower based on the game's "profile", but I see this as a huge challenge, if they wanted to retain the proposed features of the JP's original concept. This should be not relevant anyway, because I would suspect that Deeproot's MG would actually work (unless they want to fail as a company), as it absolutely cannot be the same game based on physics and playfield geometry to correctly function.

People are not buying this particular game to work, but as a "creative prototype art project".
The world of art has always been subjective, including value.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

To sit here and say Joe is exploiting anyone is flat out absurd. The man has a heart of gold, and will give you the shirt off his back without asking for a thing in return.

As I indicated above, the underlying anger that is fueling many of these posts is towards Jpop, not Joe. Joe just happens to be in the line of fire at the moment.

#109 5 years ago

Looking forward to see what Deeproot brings to Pinball. For now, MG00 will be at TPF next week. Shippers picked it up and it’s on its way.

#110 5 years ago

Joe is a hell of a guy and actually gave me one of his shirts off his back! I hope someone gets this rare game and enjoys it for what it is.
Joe

#111 5 years ago

Anyone who considers Magic Girl as an American Pinball produced game is way off base. AP employees helped John build those games and then showed him the door. That is much different than an AP produced game.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Very clever. But you won’t be able to, nor would you want to.
—Robert, dT

Quoted from Pinballs:

Please explain?

My guess is, and has been for some time now, that Deeproot's Magic Girl will be a completely redesigned machine. It will retain only the name, artwork and some miscellaneous from the original. Few, if any of the ramps or mechanics will be transferable to existing MG's and probably none. It would be like robbing unique parts from a Cactus Canyon to replace in a Medieval Madness.

And if my guess is correct, you can watch for this to back-fire with the community.

I always welcome any input or correction to my speculations.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is, and has been for some time now, that Deeproot's Magic Girl will be a completely redesigned machine. It will retain only the name, artwork and some miscellaneous from the original. Few, if any of the ramps or mechanics will be transferable to existing MG's and probably none. It would be like robbing unique parts from a Cactus Canyon to replace in a Medieval Madness.
And if my guess is correct, you can watch for this to back-fire with the community.

It was my understanding too. I think it was mentioned at some point stating that main of the old mecanisms were not meant to stay probably because of reliability, cost or the new overall design couln’d keep them.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Colehvac1:

Looking forward to see what Deeproot brings to Pinball. For now, MG00 will be at TPF next week. Shippers picked it up and it’s on its way.

Kudos to Joe for sharing this game with the masses. Yes he gets more exposure but I'm sure many of us wouldn't bring our museum quality unicorn to a show. With something that rare I'd want it in a glass case behind velvet ropes before the buyer came to inspect.

#115 5 years ago

In some ways, MG is the work of madness (impossible shots, ramps that go nowhere, missing mechs), a fascinating insight into Jpop's discombobulating genius and business ineptitude, but it would be cool to finesse the Frankenstein and get the bugger to work a bit better. I'm puzzled by the DR response, but also incredibly intrigued! One thing is for sure- MG is still on their radar.

#116 5 years ago

Some people just don't know what to do with extra money, do they ? Tough to understand sometimes...

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My speculation Kim is that I don’t want it no matter what flavor it comes in

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My speculation Kim is that I don’t want it no matter what flavor it comes in

Right, no matter what it comes out as it's still gonna have the stench of shit........ Jpoop kinda stench.

QSS

#119 5 years ago

You guys are making me blush... but THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart..

MG OO is enroute to Texas.. hope to see you all there...

#120 5 years ago

Come on down to the show! We have it set up at our PinGraffix Booth...
See it in person

FF728A22-B968-41A5-8667-21238EF1242A (resized).jpegFF728A22-B968-41A5-8667-21238EF1242A (resized).jpegDB28719A-C071-4089-9997-2DE588BCC039 (resized).jpegDB28719A-C071-4089-9997-2DE588BCC039 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-magic-girl-prototype-00/page/3?hl=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.