IMG_1041 (resized).jpg
IMG_1035 (resized).jpg
IMG_1024 (resized).jpg
IMG_1013 (resized).jpg
IMG_1012 (resized).jpg
IMG_1011 (resized).jpg
IMG_0941 (resized).PNG
mg7 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Bwahahahahahaha. I'm sorry. Woowhee. That was a good one. I needed that after the week I've had. *wipes a tear or two away*
Not a direct attack at you. I just dont begin to believe it.

It is funny that after all of this time people could continue to maintain blind faith in startup pinball companies who make big promises.

Since it relates to Magic Girl I'd have to say it qualifies as ironic.

#52 5 years ago

From what I was told no..it was retrieved from Johns studio before American Pinball got involved.

And the game does play and flip. You can play it not just look at it.

I can post a video later.

•Disclamier added for those not in the know.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

... I'd have to say it qualifies as ironic.

I got another word for it.

#54 5 years ago

I'm always interested to read the sale ads for this game, for what should be obvious reasons. "It works flips and plays" in what must be the loosest sense of those words imaginable. So disappointing that the best thing about this game is the backglass.
Issues aside, though, number 00 is certainly rare, and this game is worthy of note. Good luck with selling this.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is funny that after all of this time people could continue to maintain blind faith in startup pinball companies who make big promises.

Well, not blind faith in this case actually, it's just a concern that if it does get released it will reduce the value of this particular machine. Whether it will or now who knows, but it's certainly valuable information for anyone thinking about purchasing.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from joeraptor2003:

From what I was told no..it was retrieved from Johns studio before American Pinball got involved.

And worth noting that whomever buys this machine is buying a piece of pinball history, no question about it. Regardless of playability, really. Call it an unfulfilled dream!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Well, not blind faith in this case actually, it's just a concern that if it does get released it will reduce the value of this particular machine. Whether it will or now who knows, but it's certainly valuable information for anyone thinking about purchasing.

I'm not sure that's true. Even if it gets released and becomes the greatest game ever, shouldn't affect the value of this proto/oddity. Everybody knows what it is already.

If there was some oddball, barely-playing proto of AFM out there it would still be worth good money.

#58 5 years ago

Not interested but GLWTS

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure that's true. Even if it gets released and becomes the greatest game ever, shouldn't affect the value of this proto/oddity. Everybody knows what it is already.
If there was some oddball, barely-playing proto of AFM out there it would still be worth good money.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be prone to pay more for the game that.....works.

#60 5 years ago

Hi Joe,
I don’t think this is one that John did before American got involve. It looks like one American made. You can tell by the plastics and backglass and the serial number 00. I’m about 95% sure but the boards underneath will tell you for sure.
Very pretty looking game (thanks to Zombieyeti) best of luck on your sale.
Looking forward to chatting at Texas.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Anybody currently in the market for one of THESE Magic Girls (the ones that actually exist) obviously doesn't care about that.

If a "new" one gets released I don't see it affecting the value of these much. They've already taken their hit from the peak when people were paying 25K for them hoping they'd work, and they'll still be just as unique and rare if the DP scenario ever amounts to more than optimism.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Hi Joe,
I don’t think this is one that John did before American got involve. It looks like one American made. You can tell by the plastics and backglass and the serial number 00. I’m about 95% sure but the boards underneath will tell you for sure.
Very pretty looking game (thanks to Zombieyeti) best of luck on your sale.
Looking forward to chatting at Texas.

So it's been an interesting day.. I am getting lots of info as the day goes on..
For what its worth I am not the original buyer. But i am in touch with him
I will try to clairfy . Keep you guys posted.

#63 5 years ago

No idea why there is a 00 but there was a real prototype with a different playfield and backglass with a wheel.
Original prototype playfield had different white insert for Magic and a head on the right and different plastics.
At the end this version was far from finished (code wise at minimum) and mecanism too.

There is a new version which will be released in the next few month so this one is really for history.
This is piece of art by the way, too bad it was not finished. GLWTS

#64 5 years ago

I'll put my hands on this tonight, and make it play.

To be continued....

#65 5 years ago

a very pretty anchor.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

a very pretty anchor.

I don't think it will sink as well as you may think.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

The majority here is not interested in buying this "historic" game.

A much smaller number may believe this game is coveted so they'll pay a lot for bragging rights. Nothing to do with playing pinball.

It's this second smaller group the seller is hoping to exploit.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

someone will love to have this as a conversation piece in their gameroom.

most people that I know who are into pinball, want playable games in their gameroom, not crazy priced conversation pieces. My father always said, "There's an ass for every seat" ...though.

#69 5 years ago

Just for reference I found my other pics I took.

Looks like other machines have plates that say MGyyX yy being the number.

I thought the one I saw at flipout had the same numbered marker. I did take photos of it and I may have a pic of the plate in a photo backup somewhere.

Here is what I did take back in 2017. https://imgur.com/gallery/ib4rw

#70 5 years ago

00 are extras that were made.
There’s mg01-mg19 plus a few mg00 on top.

Rumor is there’s two prototype with a few differences but I only know of one for sure.

#71 5 years ago

Man did ZY knock it out of the park with the artwork.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

The majority here is not interested in buying this "historic" game.
A much smaller number may believe this game is coveted so they'll pay a lot for bragging rights. Nothing to do with playing pinball.
It's this second smaller group the seller is hoping to exploit.

I think it's pretty shitty to say that he is looking to "exploit" anyone. It implies something dishonest and greedy, neither of which describes Joe.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe I misheard but unlike the other Deeproot games this one they are required to make per legal action otherwise they will face legal consequences.

#74 5 years ago

$2500 cash

#75 5 years ago

My brother-in-law and I played it (well, tried to play it) at FlipOut 2018. The machine is eye poppingly beautiful & bloody tall. The sticker price on it was AU$30,000. Not sure if it got sold. Either way, it’s a unique piece with lots of history. GLWS

5DB81A0F-7443-41FA-961C-C56F73A31BEE (resized).jpeg5DB81A0F-7443-41FA-961C-C56F73A31BEE (resized).jpeg79374351-FC44-4FCB-AE53-2656ECCDDA0F (resized).png79374351-FC44-4FCB-AE53-2656ECCDDA0F (resized).png

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Maybe I misheard but unlike the other Deeproot games this one they are required to make per legal action otherwise they will face legal consequences.

Maybe I missed something here but...

What in the world does Deeproot have on the line if they don't produce the games? If I'm a startup, the last thing that I would want to do is create a legal obligation for my organization that requires me to make something or else face legal consequences.

Deeproot may be planning to make the game. As part of the deal to make the game, perhaps they worked with Jpop so he could actually deliver what he promised and sold to people because they believed the final product would be worth the price. But I can't imagine they would have assumed Jpop's legal liabilities to do so.

#77 5 years ago

The disclaimer is more than an understatement for those that have played this game. I don't disagree it is a pretty box of lights and artwork.

I honestly thought the hubbub was over, despite the aspirations of Deep Root.

Interested parties should understand there are actually three versions of this title already (Zidware, AP proto, and AP production) and even each of the AP "produced" games is different to small measure particularly based on completeness of mechanisms. Substantial effort has already been attempted to mitigate shortfalls, but the title is simply too far underdeveloped to be corrected for the ZW and AP versions.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from ausretrogamer:

My brother-in-law and I played it (well, tried to play it) at FlipOut 2018. The machine is eye poppingly beautiful & bloody tall. The sticker price on it was AU$30,000. Not sure if it got sold. Either way, it’s a unique piece with lots of history. GLWS
[quoted image][quoted image]

Lol, look at that last picture. Talk about disappointment all around. Mafia for an overpriced game with playfield features from the 60s, MG because - well - it's a box of lights that can't really even be played, and then Alien as the game everyone wants but no one can have unless you're willing to pay the price of a used 2010 to 2015 Camaro to afford one.

Couple of tough years for this "hobby" ....

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

If you have to ask, it's out of your budget.

My good man, I regularly shit out Gold coins during my "morning movements". I assure you I am of capable means (spoken in an uppity, thick English accent).

QSS

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think it's pretty shitty to say that he is looking to "exploit" anyone. It implies something dishonest and greedy, neither of which describes Joe.

Thanks for the backup Brent... I think "targeted audience" would have been a much better play on words.
Exploit...what is this ?? Human Trafficking??? geeze...

For those of you interested here is a small clip of the game being played by PINLEN

This game was picked up at American PInball so that is confirmed.

As for the disclaimer.. i can write pages upon pages..

I am selling the game..not going into the history

if you want to know the whole story..this web site should sum it all up for anyone.

http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

#81 5 years ago

I want to thank all of those who sent your offers over.
At this time we are going to start packing it up for the Texas Pinball festival. Anyone who is interested in seeing it in person , come down and check it out at our PinGraffix booth. It will available for sale and pickup.
Have a nice day!
Joe

#82 5 years ago

Not surprised to read the hate and drama on here, which unfortunately seems to become more prevalent on pinside. People that don't have any thing nice to say just can't help themselves. The game is a piece of history. Imagine if Ferrari produced a couple versions of a prototype model but it didn't drive because it was unfinished and never made it to production. The car would would still be worth a fortune simply based on collector status. This is the same. There are collectors out there, that god forbid have a different outlook on the hobby (play-ability vs. collect-ability). Their hard earned money, who is anyone to judge on how they spend it simply because it varies from the critics preference.....or envy?

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Anyone know the differences between "prototype" and the "production" ones AP built?

Yes. The AP ones have blue ' MAGIC ' color inserts. The 5 games before this one that John built had clear 'MAGIC' inserts. Then John also built a few, maybe 1-3, of MG's with an overlay (sticker) playfield.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Not surprised to read the hate and drama on here, which unfortunately seems to become more prevalent on pinside. People that don't have any thing nice to say just can't help themselves. The game is a piece of history. Imagine if Ferrari produced a couple versions of a prototype model but it didn't drive because it was unfinished and never made it to production. The car would would still be worth a fortune simply based on collector status. This is the same. There are collectors out there, that god forbid have a different outlook on the hobby (play-ability vs. collect-ability). Their hard earned money, who is anyone to judge on how they spend it simply because it varies from the critics preference.....or envy?

I don't know, this has been an interesting thread. People just trying to understand exactly what is being sold here. At this price, I'd want full detail. I wasn't aware of all the differences. I'm not a buyer so just observing.

#85 5 years ago

Whats the bidding up to?

John

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don't know, this has been an interesting thread. People just trying to understand exactly what is being sold here. At this price, I'd want full detail. I wasn't aware of all the differences. I'm not a buyer so just observing.

At WHAT price?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

At WHAT price?

Didn't realize price was removed. Thought I saw it at $25k somewhere at some point. Could be mistaken.

#88 5 years ago

I've still got my MG that Martin reviewed 2 years ago, including a gameplay video:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/03/08/magic-girl-first-look/

I've had it checked out by a pinball engineer to get it working as well as possible and sort out the plunger lane issue. If Deeproot produces MG I'd like to try to make mine into a fully working game using their mechs, and maybe buy a MG to go next to it. It's a definite curio. I've no plans to sell it, don't need the money and don't care what happens to the price. It was such a low probability odyssey to finally obtain, that I just look at it and sigh!

IMO it is a beautiful, siren warning to us pinball wayfarers

Damn good sound system on it. I may use it as a digital jukebox!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I've still got my MG that Martin reviewed 2 years ago, including a gameplay video:
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/03/08/magic-girl-first-look/
I've had it checked out by a pinball engineer to get it working as well as possible and sort out the plunger lane issue. If Deeproot produces MG I'd like to try to make mine into a fully working game using their mechs, and maybe buy a MG to go next to it. It's a definite curio. I've no plans to sell it, don't need the money and don't care what happens to the price. It was such a low probability odyssey to finally obtain, that I just look at it and sigh!
IMO it is a beautiful, siren warning to us pinball wayfarers
Damn good sound system on it. I may use it as a digital jukebox!

I understand. I would gladly work on the code if I could. It seems like all those pictures from Matt Andrews were supposed to be included in the software, there was also some backgrounds. All are visible here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-art-of-magic-girl/page/2

I’ve heard it was coded in Python. Anyway MG will be not be one of the first release so ... we have time to to imagine this new software. Maybe RAZA will be one to be available by DR and it could be interresting to see the new software/ animations and so on.

#90 5 years ago

The bidding is up to 18K. we are asking 25K.
I have offers from all over the world.
So we are close.

I am not going to get into the drama. Anyway you look at it..it is a collectors piece and yes it is a piece of pinball history.
Honestly though..all fo the MG girls have differences so really you cannot say they are all the same.

Bottom line I am selling a magic Girl Number 00. Out of the box.
An interesting observation to see that once I posted the video of the gameplay it got real quiet in here.
Kaneda even made a podcast about it.
And I am using his words here:
"it flips"

Thanks!

#91 5 years ago

The bidding is up to 18K. we are asking 25K.
I have offers from all over the world.
So we are close.
I am not going to get into the drama. Anyway you look at it..it is a collectors piece and yes it is a pinball history.
Honestly though..all fo the MG girls have differences so really you cannot say they are all the same.
Bottom line I am selling a magic Girl Number 00. Out of the box.
An interesting observation to see that once I posted the video of the gameplay it got real quiet in here.
Kaneda even made a podcast about it.
And I am using his words here
"it flips"
Thanks!

Ugh ..... Please don't use that guy as a reference!

#92 5 years ago

Market remains strong on Magic Girl!

#93 5 years ago

I'm actually impressed this is up to 18k. God bless this hobby.

#94 5 years ago

Line up those flippers!

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

If Deeproot produces MG I'd like to try to make mine into a fully working game using their mechs, and maybe buy a MG to go next to it.

Very clever. But you won’t be able to, nor would you want to.

—Robert, dT

#96 5 years ago

That doesn't surprise me, that probably at least what he paid for it.

Quoted from delt31:

I'm actually impressed this is up to 18k. God bless this hobby.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I think the anger you are seeing is fueled by the game's sordid history. A lot of people lost a lot of money because of this and other Zidware games, and when people see a Magic Girl commanding big dollars when they are still out all their money, it's pretty darn infuriating.

#98 5 years ago

This reminds me of the yacht owner. The happiest day of his life is when he buys a new yacht. The second happiest day of his life is when he sells said yacht.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

—Robert, dT

Please explain?

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

—Robert, dT

So MG Deeproot, will even be better than MG (and Deeproot is indeed releasing MG).

Good news, good news !

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-magic-girl-prototype-00/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.