DSCN1136 (resized).JPG
DSCN1130 (resized).JPG
DSCN1132 (resized).JPG
DSCN1131 (resized).JPG
DSCN1129 (resized).JPG
DSCN1128 (resized).JPG
DSCN1127 (resized).JPG
DSCN1126 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Machine: Bride of Pinbot, The

Added: 2021-08-03 22:17:01 UTC • Ended: August 21st, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 7,995 (OBO)

Open for offers

Over the top restoration on this one - friend has decided to let it go. Cabinet completely restored - new decals, metal leg protectors and auto clear over paint and re-stencil on back. New playfield, cube set, plastics, plastic protectors, helmet, mini pf, targets, coin door, NOS translite, led display, full leds except flashers, new apron, new legs - All armor and wireforms powdercoated a killer metallic purple. Exceptional game. Only flaw I've found is a stress crack in the back of the head that can only be seen with it folded. I'll see if I can get it touched up and sealed. Will work with any shipper you arrange. Don't expect this one to last long.

Item photos

DSCN1103 (resized).JPG
DSCN1105 (resized).JPG
DSCN1106 (resized).JPG
DSCN1107 (resized).JPG
DSCN1108 (resized).JPG
DSCN1109 (resized).JPG
DSCN1110 (resized).JPG
DSCN1111 (resized).JPG
DSCN1112 (resized).JPG
DSCN1113 (resized).JPG
DSCN1114 (resized).JPG
DSCN1115 (resized).JPG
DSCN1116 (resized).JPG
DSCN1117 (resized).JPG
DSCN1118 (resized).JPG
DSCN1119 (resized).JPG
DSCN1120 (resized).JPG
DSCN1121 (resized).JPG
DSCN1122 (resized).JPG
DSCN1124 (resized).JPG
DSCN1125 (resized).JPG
DSCN1126 (resized).JPG
DSCN1127 (resized).JPG
DSCN1128 (resized).JPG
DSCN1129 (resized).JPG
DSCN1130 (resized).JPG
DSCN1131 (resized).JPG
DSCN1132 (resized).JPG
DSCN1134 (resized).JPG
DSCN1136 (resized).JPG
DSCN1137 (resized).JPG
DSCN1141 (resized).JPG
DSCN1142 (resized).JPG
DSCN1144 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are WeirPinball's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to WeirPinball's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Middletown, OH, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 9.99

#2 2 years ago
u0fkm (resized).jpgu0fkm (resized).jpg
#3 2 years ago

Doctor6 you lost on the Hot Wheels, going 0 for 2 now? Get a life dude

#4 2 years ago

I know it says OBO but it should include the 2.0 kit at this price point.
Looks like you forgot to take the film off the face ball guides as they are supposed to be clear . Also courious why you didn't reinstall the factory metal ball catch
( forgot what they are called) on the first face ( mouth) and I assume the eyes? The ball will not sit correctly without these.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I know it says OBO but it should include the 2.0 kit at this price point.
Looks like you forgot to take the film off the face ball guides as they are supposed to be clear . Also courious why you didn't reinstall the factory metal ball catch
( forgot what they are called) on the first face ( mouth) and I assume the eyes? The ball will not sit correctly without these.

The replacement faces are different than the originals. The balls sit fine. good catch on the guides. Problem I have is trying to guage the market - haven't seen one like this is quite a while.

#6 2 years ago

No offense, but you forgot the under-the-top part of the restore... The black inside of the lower cab looks awful, instant turn-off at this price point.

#7 2 years ago

Not bad considering all the work..GL I'm going to the same with the exception of a new pf.

#8 2 years ago

Looks to be a reimport, With new usa stickers installed. That's no over the top restoration that's for sure. The inside cabinet looks like crap. Wrong era coin door too. Sanded the bottom of the cabinet but forgot to get in the corners. The shooter rod rubber, is that down to metal? One thing, what does that purple trim match (bad color match)? I could go on.
bopb (resized).jpgbopb (resized).jpg

#9 2 years ago

Sad to see people not even interested in buying the machine pick it apart - Just a good reminder of why my time on pinside is limited these days. Has run it's course and become a place of negativity.

Anyone who wants to come out and see the machine in person instead of picking apart the pictures - I'm here. BTW - nobody mentions stuff like probably one of the last NOS translites that exists - came from Mike Chestnut years ago or all the parts that were replated.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Sad to see people not even interested in buying the machine pick it apart - Just a good reminder of why my time on pinside is limited these days. Has run it's course and become a place of negativity.

I mean this very sincerely. You're over charging on a machine that even in the most pristine of condition would fetch possibly 6k (and to even say that blows my mind in this runaway market).

I know I come across as a jerk on here, and in many ways I am, but what brings that out in me is seeing people bleeding hobbyists dry. The prices are getting out of hand, and this one is of little exception. So this isn't all on us. You must take some responsibility, as well, and not try to take advantage of your fellow men on here.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anyone who wants to come out and see the machine in person instead of picking apart the pictures - I'm here. BTW - nobody mentions stuff like probably one of the last NOS translites that exists - came from Mike Chestnut years ago or all the parts that were replated.

It's one thing to price police normal pins, but restorations are tough to price.

Had this same crap with my bad cats i sold.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I mean this very sincerely. You're over charging on a machine that even in the most pristine of condition would fetch possibly 6k (and to even say that blows my mind in this runaway market).
I know I come across as a jerk on here, and in many ways I am, but what brings that out in me is seeing people bleeding hobbyists dry. The prices are getting out of hand, and this one is of little exception. So this isn't all on us. You must take some responsibility, as well, and not try to take advantage of your fellow men on here.

I agree on not taking advantage - never my intent but there is also market price which is set when someone pays an amount. You may think this is overpriced, but when I see whitewater going for 10k and others fetching prices I could have never dreamed it is a good strategy to start high and see where it settles out. I take the responsibility that if it doesn't sell I have priced it too high and will adjust it. As far as it being worth 6k - I don't know and neither does anyone else. The market will set the price in the end. The hardest part is when you restore a non-A list game of where to price it. Did you spend less time or money in the restoration? Probably not.

Rant off..

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It's one thing to price police normal pins, but restorations are tough to price.

The price police have never restored a pin. It takes several hundred hours... and they still want the going rate for unrestored machines that are shown in the sold archives from 5 years ago, as if this asset bubble in everything shouldn't exist in pinball. Pinside's price police really are a dumb small group of peasants.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

The price police have never restored a pin. It takes several hundred hours... and they still want the going rate for the machine that is shown in the sold archives from 5 years ago, as if this asset bubble in everything shouldn't exist in pinball. Pinside's price police really are a dumb small group of peasants.

Funniest, most uninformed, newbie post in a long time.

Thanks for the laugh.

Signed:
Blackbeard, Retired Chief Price Police and former pin restorer.

Weir: GLWTS. Nice job on that BOP.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Funniest, most uninformed, newbie post in a long time.
Thanks for the laugh.
Signed:
Blackbeard, Chief Price Police and also pin restorer of sorts.

Who cares if I'm a newbie here. Ive been using online forums probably longer than you have, I know how this stupid game works. The newbie with a low post count never knows anything... as if they never lurk.

11,211 posts... i can only imagine how much of that is useless drivel.

#16 2 years ago

The price police have never restored a pin.

That's where you're wrong. I do tons of work on my machines to restore them. It can be costly. But just because you put too much money into a game doesn't automatically make that game worth a million dollars.

#17 2 years ago

Just as an observer, I have to agree that the armor plating color doesn't work against the cabinet color - at all.
and if you went that far in the restore (swapping the pf), I can understand not wanting to pull EVERYTHING out of the cab, but why not at least cover a few things up and spray the top inside half a nice glossy black - especially since you did the cab decals too -

As for the wrong coin door/new stickers, was that done to cover it up as being a re-import? Not cool, if it was............

Lotta time invested here, I'll give you that. Just a little further........

#18 2 years ago

Why mask if it was a re-import - I am in the camp a game is a game regardless - condition tells it all. And like I said the camera can make things look worse than you think. The inside was sprayed - that side absorbed the paint more than anywhere else. Wrong coin door? Ok, then it is has wrong everything on it because it isn't original. This is not an early harley where everything has to be original. On my own games I do not spend 60 hours on the inside of a cab or buy a new cab. It is what is is. Again - if you are not interested in buying - what is your motivation here? This is my last reply - if the thread gets too diluted, I'll just pull it and relist where none can comment.

#19 2 years ago

Pinside's price police really are a dumb small group of peasants.

That's a really mean thing to say to Blackbeard, and all of the other brave officers in the force who keep Pinside's buyers safe! Pricing Blue Lives matter bro.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

The inside was sprayed - that side absorbed the paint more than anywhere else.

I think this is the area of concern...

20210804_134503 (resized).jpg20210804_134503 (resized).jpg
#21 2 years ago

The price police have never restored a pin.

Statements like this are why we cant take anything you say seriously...

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

What I’ve always appreciated about Doctor6 is that he knows his input is so bad and irrelevant that his own avatar wears a bag on his head. It’s a perfect look for him and I’m glad he keeps it. Nice job @jorant.

WeirPinball you don’t even need a thread to sell this. The reality is that in this great country of ours, market will ALWAYS dictate price. The price police, like Doctor6 will continue to harass 24/7, be ignored and then be proven wrong and wrong again. At the end of the day, the market speaks for itself and ultimately decides what sells and what doesn’t. GLWS

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

have to agree that the armor plating color doesn't work against the cabinet color - at all.

This is an opinion. What law or proverb dictates that the armor color has to match the cabinet art.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Statements like this are why we cant take anything you say seriously...

I have already been awarded the prestigious award for stupidest post of the year by you, so I don't think you'll be changing your mind about me anytime soon.

#25 2 years ago

Why does the cabinet look so blue? I remember selling mine two years ago and it was a stock cabinet, no faded colors, very minor bumps here and there which wasn't bad at all for its age. Pretty much a really nice stock cabinet and I remember it being purple.

#26 2 years ago

Ridiculous

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Why does the cabinet look so blue? I remember selling mine two years ago and it was a stock cabinet, no faded colors, very minor bumps here and there which wasn't bad at all for its age. Pretty much a really nice stock cabinet and I remember it being purple.

It looks purple on my phone.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:It looks purple on my phone.

I was thinking it might be my crappy toy of a laptop I am on but the powder coated rails look very purple. I wasn't sure if there were decals that were more blue than purple.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I was thinking it might be my crappy toy of a laptop I am on but the powder coated rails look very purple. I wasn't sure if there were decals that were more blue than purple.

It could be my Samsung screen as they tend to add some saturation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-machine-bride-of-pinbot-the-53?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.