DSCF0324 (resized).JPG
DSCF0323 (resized).JPG
DSCF0322 (resized).JPG
DSCF0316 (resized).JPG
DSCF0315 (resized).JPG
DSCF0317 (resized).JPG
DSCF0318 (resized).JPG
DSCF0319 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Machine: Bride of Pinbot, The

Added: 2016-12-01 16:36:48 UTC • Ended: December 10th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 5,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Ground up restoration in August. New Diamond Plate playfield with 3 coats of wax, plastics, ramps, mini playfield, rubbers, etc. All assemblies cleaned and re-built. Playfield ball guides were cleaned and polished. Harness and board set were cleaned. 100% working with no damage or hacks. Cabinet was stripped, painted and re-decaled. Playfield inserts are all LED's. Head motor was cleaned and re-lubed, Cabinet door was cleaned and painted. Legs, lockbar and side rails were cleaned and polished with new levelers. Cabinet protectors installed under the legs with new leg bolts. The pin looks better than new and plays very fast. Thousands less that what is selling new now but as good if not better than when it was built. Local pickup or I will wrap the game and have it ready for the shipper of your choice. Any of the old timers still around can vouch for me and the quality of my pins. If you want a nice pin that's had all the work done this might be the one .If you bought this game because you like it you would need to spend just as much as I did to make it like this. I have 60 hours in labor alone and this wasn't my first swap. I made this as nice as I could for myself to play not look at. My hobby now is cars and shows. I honestly prefer restoring them to playing. Thanks for looking.
Jan Svach

Item photos

DSCF0249 (resized).JPG
DSCF0256 (resized).JPG
DSCF0257 (resized).JPG
DSCF0255 (resized).JPG
DSCF0250 (resized).JPG
DSCF0251 (resized).JPG
DSCF0252 (resized).JPG
DSCF0253 (resized).JPG
DSCF0280 (resized).JPG
DSCF0301 (resized).JPG
DSCF0311 (resized).JPG
DSCF0321 (resized).JPG
DSCF0320 (resized).JPG
DSCF0319 (resized).JPG
DSCF0318 (resized).JPG
DSCF0317 (resized).JPG
DSCF0315 (resized).JPG
DSCF0316 (resized).JPG
DSCF0322 (resized).JPG
DSCF0323 (resized).JPG
DSCF0324 (resized).JPG
DSCF0313 (resized).JPG
DSCF0314 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JanS's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to JanS's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Lower Burrell, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 9.95
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 9.99
$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 27.95

#10 7 years ago

In all honestly what's it worth? The playfield was close to a thousand. Are you talking about the mini playfield rubbers?

#26 7 years ago

Boy and I thought I was anal. You know there are some pretty scary geeks in this hobby that give us all a bad name. The first Expo I went to I saw people that looked like they were never out in public before. Some of these comments on my work prove the point that some people need to get a life and the world doesn't revolve around pinball. Rust, reds that look pink come on. Clean your glasses or buy a better monitor. I will make one more comment on the topic of geeks and will comment no longer. Back in the day I had all of the A title games as maybe someone can vouch for. People came from far and wide to buy them. Most bought site unseen based on my reputation. I had a guy come here ( maybe one of you ) to look at a game I was selling. He told me he only bought NOS pins took them out of the boxes and never played them. He would just turn them on and look at them. He was here for 2 hours running his hands all over this game I was selling. Never played it just touching and rubbing it. I told him it was time to leave. God forbid I'd have had the wrong sized rubber on a mini playfield that the manuals always have wrong. He might have snapped! This hobby has become a rich mans game with some having more money than brains. Make your mothers proud. Don't be a hater!

#32 7 years ago

Hey Professor Pinball I have friends in Tucson on Old Pecos Place. They live there October to April and here May till September. He's not a pin guy tough. A car guy like myself.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not sure how you can call it a "ground up" restoration and claim the cabinet has been stripped, painted, and redecaled.
OP, you did a beautiful job on this machine--the parts you did--but it drives me nuts when people claim a complete restoration, then completely ignore the inside of the cabinet.
I'll go back to shutting up now.

I cleaned the inside of the cabinet and filled and sprayed the inside sides just like they did new. That's not dirt. Maybe I should have sanded the particle board bottom and put down a guide coat of primer to level out the low spots. Thanks for the compliment though. How's that red looking on the new pictures? It is red. Maybe it's the UV ink reflecting the light?

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

You're asking $5500 for a game worth, on average, under half that ... yet you come here and insult people.
Since you choose to be insulting, I'll fire off my own scary, geeky insults (though I have to admit watching someone feel a pin up for hours would terrify me) ...
I know *exactly* who you are. Your pins, while nice, don't command silly money prices like "$5500 for a restored BoP complete with insults from the seller" ... you're a B level restoration guy in a hobby that has people these days that, quite frankly, blow you away. Brag about yourself all you want ... your skills are outdated and lame by today's standards. You were able to command high prices 10 or 15 years ago. However, better, more professional, more adept restoration experts are out there these days that make your work look rather common vs. exceptional by comparison.
I'd be thrilled to get $4K for your machine. I'm sure you'll find a sucker to pay your $5500 with the way pins sell these days. I don't think any collector would spend north of $3500. It's just not *that* nice.
At any rate, best of luck to you ... hopefully you stick to cars and the profit margins they command.
Note to other Pinsiders : I am not a price Nazi. I wish anyone (with the exception of this insult lobbing egotist with a rather inflated view of his talents) the best of luck getting top dollar for their pins . I'd just advise people to shop around for a nice BoP or look for one with the 2.0 kit at this price point ... its ridiculously out of line.

Hey Ed you have never been to my house let alone see a single pin that I had for sale. Your downfall was your avatar with your name on the DMD. I know you too and have witnessed in person some of your work. Should I call you Mr. electrical tape? I'm not the one insulting if you take the time to read the posts. Grow a pair and don't hide behind your Megadeath persona you troll!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

It's a nice game, and would be priced right around $3500 I think. For reference, a pinside member/restorer had a TAXI he did soup to nuts on a couple years back. Real backglass, cpr playfield, tumbled and polished everything and the cabinet was decaled and painted to be better than new, it was a super nice game. When he went to sell it on ebay, it went for around $3500 I believe, and this was still during the buying fever within the hobby.
Again, looks like a nice game I just think $5500 is too high for the bride.

Thanks for the compliment! You know what they say you can always come down but never go up. Christmas is coming so who knows. The bottom line is that if someone wanted to do their BOP up like this and didn't have the skill or time to do it they would have every bit of the price of it and maybe even more into it.

#76 7 years ago

No, Mr. Jump To Conclusions. I never use electrical tape when making permanent repairs on machines. NEVER. And it appears you haven't changed a bit with your false, lying accusations about people.

Not that I know or knows me. Sad thing is the few times you called me for a part you needed I was more than glad to help you out. You know karma is a bitch.

#77 7 years ago

I thought this was the reason people left rec.games.pinball?

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I started out reading this thinking " wow, that's a lot of posts, something funny must be going on." Then the further in I got, I actually started feeling embarrassed to be here, then I thought " well, everyone else is posting nonsense", so I will too. Nice lookin' game. I played one with 2.0 in it at expo and it was friggin' awesome.

Watch what you say. Comments like "nice lookin' game" will only get you in trouble here.

#84 7 years ago

Wanna see something cool. Blow up volcanodiver's picture he just posted and look at the reflection in the DMD glass. You can see him sitting there with a Attack From Mars in the background.

#94 7 years ago

In 2000 I wasn't living in Pittsburgh? We moved here in February of 2000. I had 16 pins at the time and moved them all here. Your description of my pins is spot on. The only problem though is never in my entire life be it cars , now antique cars, motorcycles or pins that I've sold have I ever wanted one back. I've never felt remorse for something I've sold to wish I had it back. I've always been like this. I'd love to see where I trashed you on RGP. I honestly have no memory of this. The only problem I had with a HS2 was one of the magnets on the super ramp was out and the fuse was blown. I put in another fuse and it still didn't work. Turned out that the new fuse out of the box was bad too. I can remember that but couldn't tell you where the HS2 came from. Back in the day my A title games did command elite prices. I had people all over the country buying them. All I did was post a pin for sale here and then the insults started. If I didn't want to buy back the BOP then why would I even care who you sold it to? This I can't understand??? Plus I never have owned a Monster Bash? CV, SS and AFM I bought when we were living here? Are you sure you got the right guy? Where was I living when you came to my house?

#100 7 years ago

It still is and always has been best offer! I think at 4 to 4.5 there would still be the same critics. I will agree with Ed that there are far better restorers out there. I never claimed to be the best. I do the best that I can do with what skills I have. It's up to my standards but maybe not yours. When I'm looking for a new antique car now the joke with my friends is is it Jan worthy because they all know how anal I am. I want things to my standards. Maybe they are too high or not high enough in others eyes. Maybe my friends are too low. We are all different.The world is going to hell and we are arguing about a pinball machine.

#103 7 years ago

Who wants to buy it then for that? I think people will say it's still too much. Maybe I'll list it as a pinball machine kit. Some assembly , sanding and painting required. Hope no one lost sleep last night over the helmet or cabinet bottom.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Is a 'Jan Worthy' car one that has been restored, except the floorboards and trunk are rusted out and not touched?
The game looks very nice, I just can't get over the fact the bottom of the cab wasn't even sanded. It takes maybe an hour or two to strip out, sand, and put everything back.

Yes, they are called rat rods.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

TAKE A CHANCE! What have you got to loose people? $5500! That's a mere bag of shells! Chump Change! So you get CHOGGARD by some buff00n who overcharges you by $4k vs what it's actually worth. WHERE CAN YOU GET THIS KIND OF ABUSE? The experience alone is worth at least $10k so think of the positives you are up $4500 after the purchase.

A man with a collection of turds criticizing me!

#118 7 years ago

That looks really bad. Did you paint that yellow and black cabinet with a roller? I'm serious and not trying to bust your balls. That edge between the black and yellow is all wavy like latex paint bleeding through masking tape.

#125 7 years ago

HS2 is a good game. That's about it as far as what I'd own or have owned would go. That's my preferences though. Did you not see OBO!!! There is interest here. Someone in Ohio wants to come and see it and a local guy has made me an offer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 27.95
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jans.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-machine-bride-of-pinbot-the-1?tu=jans and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.