New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 174902)

For sale: Machine: Bride of Pinbot, The

By JanS

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 126 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20161202_191159 (resized).jpg
DSCF0314 (resized).JPG
DSCF0313 (resized).JPG
DSCF0324 (resized).JPG
DSCF0323 (resized).JPG
DSCF0322 (resized).JPG
DSCF0316 (resized).JPG
DSCF0315 (resized).JPG
DSCF0317 (resized).JPG
DSCF0318 (resized).JPG
DSCF0319 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Is a 'Jan Worthy' car one that has been restored, except the floorboards and trunk are rusted out and not touched?

The game looks very nice, I just can't get over the fact the bottom of the cab wasn't even sanded. It takes maybe an hour or two to strip out, sand, and put everything back.

#102 3 years ago

4.5 k is a very fair offer on this game

#103 3 years ago

Who wants to buy it then for that? I think people will say it's still too much. Maybe I'll list it as a pinball machine kit. Some assembly , sanding and painting required. Hope no one lost sleep last night over the helmet or cabinet bottom.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Is a 'Jan Worthy' car one that has been restored, except the floorboards and trunk are rusted out and not touched?
The game looks very nice, I just can't get over the fact the bottom of the cab wasn't even sanded. It takes maybe an hour or two to strip out, sand, and put everything back.

Yes, they are called rat rods.

#105 3 years ago

I want to a Halloween pinball costume party this year. Everyone wore some kind of costume, but those who dressed as a pinball character really made it special. Anyway, the best costume hands down was the chick who dressed up as Bride of Pinbot. The guy who dressed as Austin Powers was pretty good as well. I wish I had some pics to share.

#106 3 years ago

Almost eight hours without any discussion on this BoP. Guess others got stuff to do Saturday night!!

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

I said a nice bop is 2500 on the crazy high end. Add a 2.0, 3500 tops. Are there crazy people who will pay beyond its value, of course. But mine's not for sale. The fact I didn't overpay for the original just means I made a good deal. I got it a good 350 under average when I got it.

Good luck with that. You won't touch a nice 2.0 for 3500. A worn out PF with a junk cab maybe...

Robin, going to apologize in advance. Thinking of posting mine for sale and it will be more than this. If i do post it for sale I think that may finally crash your servers.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Good luck with that. You won't touch a nice 2.0 for 3500. A worn out PF with a junk cab maybe...
Robin, going to apologize in advance. Thinking of posting mine for sale and it will be more than this. If i do post it for sale I think that may finally crash your servers.

Come on. You've got skin in the game... you can't unbiasedly assess a sale price.

Everyone that owns a game (a) rates it super high and (b) thinks its worth a lot.

OP... your game is worth what it sells for. As others have pointed out, it's tough to post a game and then openly ask what its true value is. Much better to get that side of the research done first, then post the game.

I wish you luck on selling the game. I think your price will settle in lower than asking, but as you've repeatedly said: OBO.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Come on. You've got skin in the game... you can't unbiasedly assess a sale price.
Everyone that owns a game (a) rates it super high and (b) thinks its worth a lot.
OP... your game is worth what it sells for. As others have pointed out, it's tough to post a game and then openly ask what its true value is. Much better to get that side of the research done first, then post the game.
I wish you luck on selling the game. I think your price will settle in lower than asking, but as you've repeatedly said: OBO.

Yes, but I'm only adressing (thus the quotes) the comment that you can get a nice 2.0 for 3.5k. Anyone that thinks that's the market for a nice 2.0 has lost there marbles. Maybe someone got lucky but that's not the norm. I've constantly seen nice BOP sell for 2500 to 3k alone. Only ones less than that had PF wear and faded cabs.

By the way. You apparently know nothing about me or my game. Obvious by your post. As I'm probably the only owner of a 2.0 that vocally states they don't enjoy the game.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes, but I'm only adressing (thus the quotes) the comment that you can get a nice 2.0 for 3.5k. Anyone that thinks that's the market for a nice 2.0 has lost there marbles. Maybe someone got lucky but that's not the norm. I've constantly seen nice BOP sell for 2500 to 3k alone. Only ones less than that had PF wear and faded cabs.
By the way. You apparently know nothing about me or my game. Obvious by your post. As I'm probably the only owner of a 2.0 that vocally states they don't enjoy the game.

You're right, I know nothing about you or your game. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt!

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I said it's worth 3500, but there are people dumb enough to pay more, but not that many people. There are people who will over pay for a machine, as I've said, I have done it.

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I enjoy it, I have it and I'm the only one talking down the numbers.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

As I'm probably the only owner of a 2.0 that vocally states they don't enjoy the game.

you sure are man ! 2.0 is simply amazing !

#114 3 years ago

TAKE A CHANCE! What have you got to loose people? $5500! That's a mere bag of shells! Chump Change! So you get CHOGGARD by some buff00n who overcharges you by $4k vs what it's actually worth. WHERE CAN YOU GET THIS KIND OF ABUSE? The experience alone is worth at least $10k so think of the positives you are up $4500 after the purchase.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

TAKE A CHANCE! What have you got to loose people? $5500! That's a mere bag of shells! Chump Change! So you get CHOGGARD by some buff00n who overcharges you by $4k vs what it's actually worth. WHERE CAN YOU GET THIS KIND OF ABUSE? The experience alone is worth at least $10k so think of the positives you are up $4500 after the purchase.

A man with a collection of turds criticizing me!

#116 3 years ago

Look at that a $1300 bop in the other thread, actually a bit under what I said I think one is worth and everyone said that's impossible to find!

#117 3 years ago

Inside of the game is a must, even on games not 5500.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#118 3 years ago

That looks really bad. Did you paint that yellow and black cabinet with a roller? I'm serious and not trying to bust your balls. That edge between the black and yellow is all wavy like latex paint bleeding through masking tape.

#119 3 years ago

This thread is a great example of how meticulous this hobby has become. Everyone wants perfect games these days. I realize that it's being discussed because of the price of the OP's game, but does a sanded interior of a cabinet really matter that much to most people? Sure it looks nice, its a good finishing touch, but it has nothing to do with the outside looks of the game or how it plays. The only person that will likely ever know it is even sanded is the current owner.

#120 3 years ago

I think the criticism come from the price...
If you want tip top dollar expect some snide remarks if the machine has any cons

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I think the criticism come from the price...
If you want tip top dollar expect some snide remarks if the machine has any cons

There it is.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

That looks really bad. Did you paint that yellow and black cabinet with a roller? I'm serious and not trying to bust your balls. That edge between the black and yellow is all wavy like latex paint bleeding through masking tape.

The yellow is super nice and was sprayed on incase you cant tell by the first photo. And the flat black is rolled and bleed through and is being corrected. And as i said, this isnt a 5500.00 game, Just trying to give you some idea that if you want good price, you have to spend the time. Plus, this cabinet is still getting stenciled. SO i spent more time and money on cabinet work just to hide it, on a cheap game The only yellow that will be seen is the front of the backbox, and the support for the backbox

#123 3 years ago

The BOP that Burningman brought to Expo is the BOP that all other BOP's aspire to be.
Jaw dropping.

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

A man with a collection of turds criticizing me!

Excuse you. HS2 is not a turd, nor is T2. The price is high for what you have. At least he has his games on public view and has the balls to be transparent about his collection. It is a nice game you have but way too high. You are making the guy selling TZ look good right now.

#125 3 years ago

HS2 is a good game. That's about it as far as what I'd own or have owned would go. That's my preferences though. Did you not see OBO!!! There is interest here. Someone in Ohio wants to come and see it and a local guy has made me an offer.

#126 3 years ago

Guess this sold? Can't wait to see what mine goes for. Enjoyed the thread!

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside