DSCF0324 (resized).JPG
DSCF0323 (resized).JPG
DSCF0322 (resized).JPG
DSCF0316 (resized).JPG
DSCF0315 (resized).JPG
DSCF0317 (resized).JPG
DSCF0318 (resized).JPG
DSCF0319 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Machine: Bride of Pinbot, The

Added: 2016-12-01 16:36:48 UTC • Ended: December 10th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 5,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Ground up restoration in August. New Diamond Plate playfield with 3 coats of wax, plastics, ramps, mini playfield, rubbers, etc. All assemblies cleaned and re-built. Playfield ball guides were cleaned and polished. Harness and board set were cleaned. 100% working with no damage or hacks. Cabinet was stripped, painted and re-decaled. Playfield inserts are all LED's. Head motor was cleaned and re-lubed, Cabinet door was cleaned and painted. Legs, lockbar and side rails were cleaned and polished with new levelers. Cabinet protectors installed under the legs with new leg bolts. The pin looks better than new and plays very fast. Thousands less that what is selling new now but as good if not better than when it was built. Local pickup or I will wrap the game and have it ready for the shipper of your choice. Any of the old timers still around can vouch for me and the quality of my pins. If you want a nice pin that's had all the work done this might be the one .If you bought this game because you like it you would need to spend just as much as I did to make it like this. I have 60 hours in labor alone and this wasn't my first swap. I made this as nice as I could for myself to play not look at. My hobby now is cars and shows. I honestly prefer restoring them to playing. Thanks for looking.
Jan Svach

Item photos

DSCF0249 (resized).JPG
DSCF0256 (resized).JPG
DSCF0257 (resized).JPG
DSCF0255 (resized).JPG
DSCF0250 (resized).JPG
DSCF0251 (resized).JPG
DSCF0252 (resized).JPG
DSCF0253 (resized).JPG
DSCF0280 (resized).JPG
DSCF0301 (resized).JPG
DSCF0311 (resized).JPG
DSCF0321 (resized).JPG
DSCF0320 (resized).JPG
DSCF0319 (resized).JPG
DSCF0318 (resized).JPG
DSCF0317 (resized).JPG
DSCF0315 (resized).JPG
DSCF0316 (resized).JPG
DSCF0322 (resized).JPG
DSCF0323 (resized).JPG
DSCF0324 (resized).JPG
DSCF0313 (resized).JPG
DSCF0314 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JanS's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to JanS's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Lower Burrell, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 9.99
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

#2 7 years ago

Is that metal casing surrounding the rotating face rusted, or is that by design?

#3 7 years ago

If this had the 2.0 installed I'd be tempted

#4 7 years ago

its only $1000 per coat of wax!
whats wrong with the helmet and who repainted the reds on the cab front, they look pink.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Is that metal casing surrounding the rotating face rusted, or is that by design?

LOL!

Great Price! GLWTS!

#6 7 years ago

Are those the right size rubbers??

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.34.29 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.34.29 PM (resized).png

#7 7 years ago

You painted the girls head but have no pictures of it. I'd love to see what the paint looks like.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Great looking restoration. If this had the 2.0 installed I'd be all over it.

Yep for that price it should have the 2.0 in it already. I understand that the OP is trying to get out of it what he put into it...I get that. But it typically doesn't work that way. Once you buy a new playfield and ramps and plastics and decals and...it typically means you're upside down on the game. I've done two of them just like this (minus cabinet decals) and know I'd never sell them for what I have into them. Good luck to the seller though, regardless.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Are those the right size rubbers??

#10 7 years ago

In all honestly what's it worth? The playfield was close to a thousand. Are you talking about the mini playfield rubbers?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

In all honestly what's it worth?

Whatever it is, the answer is seldomly "the sum of the aftermarket parts I put into it". Many want to recoup their investment, and I get that, but going all out on a game almost always puts the cost over the market price. Either way GLWS.

#12 7 years ago

Those of you thinking 2.0 should be installed for the price are crazy. It's nearly $2K for the kit.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

In all honestly what's it worth? The playfield was close to a thousand. Are you talking about the mini playfield rubbers?

Honestly? I think you need a lot more pictures to gauge because we are seeing a mixed bag. The cabinet decals look OK, and there is a new playfield, but we also see a pretty pitted helmet plastic so it makes people wonder why you dumped a grand into a playfield but not the $75 on a helmet plastic.

Without seeing pictures of everything (inside the cabinet, bottom of playfield, etc) who knows.

I will say that the last two I restored (including one with similar work to yours, but with a brand new boards and stuff) got a few grand less than you're asking.

But that's just my experience. As people say..it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

IMHO, not enough info here to know if it's a $2500 game or a $4k game.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

what you put into it, is irrelevant to its worth. Its very easy to put more into something that whats its value is.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Those of you thinking 2.0 should be installed for the price are crazy. It's nearly $2K for the kit.

yeah with the kit its only 2K overpriced.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

yeah with the kit its only 2K overpriced.

LOL! Gotta love the pinside forum!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

but we also see a pretty pitted helmet plastic

I think he splattered the helmet with purple paint and also painted the slots of the gears yellow.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

For "Better than new" the description and pics don't match up, and rubber is the easy part.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from BriPin:

I think he splattered the helmet with purple paint and also painted the slots of the gears yellow.

But without clear pictures of everything we don't know.

Quoted from volcanodiver:

what you put into it, is irrelevant to its worth. Its very easy to put more into something that whats its value is.

That's words that can't be emphasized enough. Restorations can wind up getting upside-down in parts alone, and as a hobbyist, you really can't count for your hours.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

That's words that can't be emphasized enough. Restorations can wind up getting upside-down in parts alone, and as a hobbyist, you really can't count for your hours.

IMO, the only part that is dollar for dollar in a game is PDI Glass.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

In all honestly what's it worth? The playfield was close to a thousand.

I would say $2500 for a nice one. Even if you did a museum quality restore it's still a Bride of Pinbot. They are just not an extremely valuable table. But if you have patience maybe the right person will come along. Good luck.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

But that's just my experience. As people say..it's worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

I'd guess $3500 assuming the work is above average quality (cabinet appears to be *that* good in the pics, but pics vs. real life is always a crap shoot). $4000 if you're willing to wait. The game seems to go through periods where demand is ridiculous, then dries up (this was before boP 2.0 too). The (excellent) repro playfields drove the value of "nice original" PFs down (though over the long haul, original diamondplate ones should be more valuable if they're that nice).

Didn't a Bride with almost everything new + BoP 2.0 sell recently for $5500? I think it had those black repro decals vs. the purple ones (I prefer the purple, but some people love those black ones). It might not have been on Pinside ... or maybe I dreamed it or something .

#23 7 years ago

I don't know..can't touch an average one for less than $2500 , so new pf and new cab decals. I say $4K all day, maybe a few hundred ($500?) more for new Ramps, coindoor and stuff. GLWTS.

#24 7 years ago

I think you put too much money into the machine to recover it in a sale. What you did would make it a keeper for yourself.
Mike

#25 7 years ago

It would not be a price police thread without the all knowing expert from MD chiming in.

#26 7 years ago

Boy and I thought I was anal. You know there are some pretty scary geeks in this hobby that give us all a bad name. The first Expo I went to I saw people that looked like they were never out in public before. Some of these comments on my work prove the point that some people need to get a life and the world doesn't revolve around pinball. Rust, reds that look pink come on. Clean your glasses or buy a better monitor. I will make one more comment on the topic of geeks and will comment no longer. Back in the day I had all of the A title games as maybe someone can vouch for. People came from far and wide to buy them. Most bought site unseen based on my reputation. I had a guy come here ( maybe one of you ) to look at a game I was selling. He told me he only bought NOS pins took them out of the boxes and never played them. He would just turn them on and look at them. He was here for 2 hours running his hands all over this game I was selling. Never played it just touching and rubbing it. I told him it was time to leave. God forbid I'd have had the wrong sized rubber on a mini playfield that the manuals always have wrong. He might have snapped! This hobby has become a rich mans game with some having more money than brains. Make your mothers proud. Don't be a hater!

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

Boy and I thought I was anal.

Quoted from JanS:

Rust, reds that look pink come on

To be honest from your pictures both of those seem to be true on my "crappy" monitor and unclean glasses.

The front of your machine looks a different color than the side. The heart on the front is pink and so is the rocket ship from the pictures. That would be the reds that look pink. Thats called fade and is a pretty big deal when trying to sell a pin for over double what it normally goes for. Boston pinball average from this past year is $2615.

Also the surround of the face looks to be rusted in the pictures. As others have said this may be your "custom" paint job but from the crappy pics you provide it really does look like rust and that is a big deal when trying to sell a pin for a premium.

#28 7 years ago

Everyone has an opinion. Don't value theirs more than your own. I did a BoP awhile back, did as nice a job as I could, incl pf, cab, paint, plastics, etc. Came out looking like new. I got more than you are asking within 3 hrs. of putting it for sale. And he is very happy with the machine, as it was a special machine to him, and he wanted a nice example. Don't sell yourself short because of someone you don't know telling you what you should do. I don't care what machine it is, there are people out there who want the best example they can find.

#29 7 years ago

I'd say 3 to 4k based on the quality of work. Post some more pics so people can see everything.

#30 7 years ago

The other key thing to think about is the other games that in competition for this price. $5500 can buy a lot of different games (I recently sold an HUO LoTR for that). Not to say that this BoP isn't worth it (I have more invested in mine), but it may take time for the right person to come along to buy it.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

IMO, the only part that is dollar for dollar in a game is PDI Glass.

ColorDMD is dollar for dollar as well.

#32 7 years ago

Hey Professor Pinball I have friends in Tucson on Old Pecos Place. They live there October to April and here May till September. He's not a pin guy tough. A car guy like myself.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I would say $2500 for a nice one. Even if you did a museum quality restore it's still a Bride of Pinbot. They are just not an extremely valuable table. But if you have patience maybe the right person will come along. Good luck.

Better call hep...Hes doing a friggin 4 Million BC....Stop him before he gets too deep...What do you decree that machine to be worth?

#34 7 years ago

Front decal looks pink to me to the heart and rocket. Might be the flash but don't know.

Quoted from JanS:

This hobby has become a rich mans game with some having more money than brains

Says the guy asking top dollar.

Quoted from JanS:

Boy and I thought I was anal.

If you were, you would take better pics and show off your work.

#35 7 years ago

This game has been on CL for a good while so I would have expected the big hitters in Pittsburgh to have grabbed it if it were truly worth the price so I am going to say $3500. For $5500 it needed to be a 2.0!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from JanS:

This hobby has become a rich mans game with some having more money than brains. Make your mothers proud. Don't be a hater!

I don't understand, so you are hoping to rope one of these stupid rich buyers with this ad?

Most of the feedback is just that if you wanna sell a game at a super premium price to what it normally sells for, you should expect people to scrutinize the game, and provide good pictures.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I forgot about that one.

All my games have PDI Glass, but none of them have ColorDMD...guess that's why I forgot.

#38 7 years ago

Ask what you want. It's amazing people have this much time to make so many comments. Do I think it's work what your asking? Who the fuck cares. If it sells, it was worth what you're asking. If not, maybe not. Whatever. Good luck. Hope you sell it for what you're asking.

#39 7 years ago

Haven't seen Jan's games in a while but I can say I bought his beautiful RCT a few years ago and saw the BH he restored which was incredible. Again, I can't vouch for the BoP but for a game of this cost, I would expect a buyer to want to inspect in person.

#40 7 years ago

The heart on the front of the machine is clear not red, the start button it surrounds it is, and the heart is not the same color. If your are as experienced as your claim you wouldn't be asking what this is worth, you'd already know. You might get your price, that does not mean it's not overpriced. I've overpaid for machines that I wanted most people have. But the market of people willing to overpay is small. The market of those willing to get bent over and reamed is even smaller.

#41 7 years ago

Just a note to the OP...and some advice.

This started as a for sale thread, but you kind of opened up the flood gates when you said you just wanted to know what it was worth.

But seriously, it's maybe a nice machine, but you're asking a price that's well beyond premium, so unfortunately people are going to nit pick. And you haven't given a lot of pictures to base things on.

It's like asking $20,000 for a ten year old ford focus, saying it's had a lot of great stuff done, posting a picture of the hood and front seat, then asking what it's worth.

Just selling tips...if you aren't sure of the value, don't put something up for sale. If you put it up for sale, be detailed about what you did and provide plenty of clear pictures.

#42 7 years ago

My 2 cents. Just sold one similarly redone but with more new parts for over 2 grand less. I thought I got a fair price, but lost money. I agree the only way to get north of 5 grand is with 2.0.

#43 7 years ago

Does the game have a tl or a new mirrored bg?

#44 7 years ago

Geez..new pf and redone cab, new plastics and new ramps, newish coin door, Leds and bunch of other stuff is not going to be $3k people. He does have OBO in the price.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Geez..new pf and redone cab, new plastics and new ramps, newish coin door, Leds and bunch of other stuff is not going to be $3k people. He does have OBO in the price.

We know that, it should be maybe 2500. And that would be with a well done cab, not that one.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Better call hep...Hes doing a friggin 4 Million BC....Stop him before he gets too deep...What do you decree that machine to be worth?

I'm sure it's worth a lot of money. To literally ONE person in the world.

#47 7 years ago

Digital pictures are free. Why isn't there 50 high resolution pictures of your work?

You basically asking almost three times the normal price for a BoP and have a handful of crappy pics.

Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Everyone has an opinion. Don't value theirs more than your own. I did a BoP awhile back, did as nice a job as I could, incl pf, cab, paint, plastics, etc. Came out looking like new. I got more than you are asking within 3 hrs. of putting it for sale. And he is very happy with the machine, as it was a special machine to him, and he wanted a nice example. Don't sell yourself short because of someone you don't know telling you what you should do. I don't care what machine it is, there are people out there who want the best example they can find.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

So a regular working DMD has no worth? I don't understand that. Same with a brand new standard piece of glass?

#49 7 years ago

Looks like a nice restore to me.. Hey considering the price on new sterns this is a deal.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I forgot about that one.
All my games have PDI Glass, but none of them have ColorDMD...guess that's why I forgot.

A used colorDMD is work less than a new one. They do fade over time, just like your computer monitor. I'd pay a premium for a game with one but not full price over a similair game w/o one. Id just get a game w/o it and buy a new one. I wouldn't pay $1 more for PDI/invisiglass. I have 2 games, one with each, they came that way. I knew what I'd pay for each game. if the glass put it over that price I wasn't buying. The stuff is great. but no glass is worth $300 a sheet on a pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 9.99
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 126 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-machine-bride-of-pinbot-the-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.