New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 178034)

For sale: Machine: Bride of Pinbot

By rustyl

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by tilted81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 20 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20161216_185436 (resized).jpg
IMG_0362 (resized).jpg
IMG_0354 (resized).jpg
IMG_0364 (resized).jpg
IMG_0358 (resized).jpg
IMG_0896 (resized).jpg
IMG_0363 (resized).jpg
IMG_0356 (resized).jpg
IMG_0348 (resized).jpg
IMG_0352 (resized).jpg
IMG_0897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0361 (resized).jpg
IMG_0347 (resized).jpg
IMG_0359 (resized).jpg
IMG_0350 (resized).jpg
IMG_0357 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 2,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Machine: Bride of Pinbot

Added: January 10th, 2017 Ended: January 14th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

1991 Bride of Pinbot pinball machine for sale for $2,500.
It is in good, working condition, including lights and sound.

As much as I would love to keep this machine, the reality is that it takes up a lot of room and since my daughter has grown up and started her own life in the midwest, the machine just sits unused.

The pinball machine comes with the original owners manual and operators handbook. The buyer must provide their own transport.

Item photos

IMG_0350 (resized).jpg
IMG_0355 (resized).jpg
IMG_0349 (resized).jpg
IMG_0351 (resized).jpg
IMG_0360 (resized).jpg
IMG_0357 (resized).jpg
IMG_0359 (resized).jpg
IMG_0347 (resized).jpg
IMG_0361 (resized).jpg
IMG_0897 (resized).JPG
IMG_0352 (resized).jpg
IMG_0348 (resized).jpg
IMG_0356 (resized).jpg
IMG_0363 (resized).jpg
IMG_0896 (resized).jpg
IMG_0358 (resized).jpg
IMG_0364 (resized).jpg
IMG_0354 (resized).jpg
IMG_0362 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Beaverton, OR, US

Seller insights

These are rustyl's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to rustyl's stats page

#2 3 years ago

Dude, this is Pinside, a place where people know pinball! No offense but your machine is a turd, one of the worst condition BOP's i've ever seen. Asking above average price for a game in this condition here will be a waste of time. If you want to be firm at $2500, you need to find a clueless local chump via craigslist or something. If you want it to sell a game in this poor condition here, you'll need to drop the price by at least a grand!!

#3 3 years ago

p.s. welcome to Pinside.

#4 3 years ago

Yeah..that was uncalled for. No need to bully the man.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Dude, this is Pinside, a place where people know pinball! No offense but your machine is a turd, one of the worst condition BOP's i've ever seen. Asking above average price for a game in this condition here will be a waste of time. If you want to be firm at $2500, you need to find a clueless local chump via craigslist or something. If you want it to sell a game in this poor condition here, you'll need to drop the price by at least a grand!!

While you're correct about the price and condition, this is the perfect place to offer it, this place is full of happy to overpay morons who will tell you about the "great deal" they just got. the only thing it's missing is unicorn vomit lighting.

#8 3 years ago

For $2600, you can have my "do-it-yourself" game and add your own dirt and chip your own inserts....

20161216_185436 (resized).jpg

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

For $2600, you can have my "do-it-yourself" game and add your own dirt and chip your own inserts....

Now that's a $2600 game all day long! Helluva nice game bro... & GO WINGS! Please?

PS. sorry if I was I little harsh on the OP, i'm a bit of a "straight shooter". Altho not one of my faves, this game holds a special place with me, it was Williams current release when I went through the Williams tech certification program way back then... I have worked on TONS of them! When I see one this badly neglected and void of maintainance, I guess I get a bit hostile.

#10 3 years ago

Someone had to say it!

#11 3 years ago

They sure did.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Wouldn't it have been maybe a "tad" bit nicer to say something like "I see you're a new member. Glad to see you joined the community. This is a great place to sell your machine, but the condition of yours looks like it may be priced a bit high. A more realistic price from recent sales might be closer to XXX"

As opposed to jumping all over the guy on his first post ever.

#13 3 years ago

In my day, if you didn't like the price, you just didn't respond the the ad

#14 3 years ago

Dude, the guy that blasted you really wants this pinball machine. He's probably just trying to steal it at a lower price. We all know these go for $3500 on Ebay. Yes, it has some insert wear, hasn't been cleaned in years (maybe even decades), has a few extra drill holes & coin door defects. There is no photo of the boards, but there probably isn't any battery leakage. Even if it does have some damage, you know how pinball owners love to tinker on there machines.

I say pull the ad on Pinside and go straight to Ebay. Why leave money on the table? List it at $1 with no reserve and watch the bidding war take place. It wouldn't surprise me to see it reach $4K.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Wouldn't it have been maybe a "tad" bit nicer to say something like "I see you're a new member. Glad to see you joined the community. This is a great place to sell your machine, but the condition of yours looks like it may be priced a bit high. A more realistic price from recent sales might be closer to XXX"

Hey now, you stop that crazy talk ...!

#16 3 years ago

This machine a turd? No. I have seen some machines for sale in my day that are turds and this one does not qualify. Apparently trolling is one of Pinside's most popular pastimes!

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

I thought we were all are past this. You can just create the ad WITHOUT a topic if you don't want comments. People choose to create "topics" for their Pinside ads (whether intentional or not) and those users are allowing all comments. They do not have to create a topic along with the ad, just uncheck that box. Simple!

If you want the ability to "bump" your ad connected to the forums, potential pricing comments and opinions are the consequence.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from ovfdfireman:

That doesn't mean it's an open invitation for trolling or hostility....

In any case, if rustyl was accepting offers, he could probably get a fair market price for it based on its condition.

#19 3 years ago

Guy was a tad harsh and tried to apologize. I personally don't know why people even care strongly about pricing opinions. I've been buying and selling arcades and pins for years and just learned to look the other way when it happens. NOTE: I am NOT trying to defend the attack above! But, no one single Pinsider's opinion on price is going to sway a potential buyer. Certainly, we have all learned this by now.

Back on topic, I nearly purchased a BOP in very similar condition for a 2K last year... so I don't think it's a crazy asking price.

#20 3 years ago

Seriously?! "jumping all over the guy"... "the guy that blasted you"??!!
I'd hate to see what your analysis would be if I actually DID lay into the OP! Hell, I even apologized! Clearly its not ME who's the dramatic one around here! lol

#21 3 years ago

Knowledge would be a good point of discussion and debate.
PinSide is a location of many enthusiasts, but the number of people that really know their games is quite small.
I doubt most people here in full scope of this website have ever actually taken the head assembly apart on a BoP, even if they own the game.
It is extremely lopsided when it comes to technical aspects, history, and design.
Many of the most influential people in the pinball industry, rarely post, but do have accounts.
I could post other locations I could point to overall for education.

As far as this particular game is concerned, people need to know their regional markets.
I would not buy it at this price, based on condition (and I already own one), but drop the price by $500, and somebody here where I live, might pull the trigger. The game is not entirely roached, and the playfield is about average now for this very heavily played title.
At least when the game was routed, the operator did not slap the factory D1M piece on top of the PF wear like many machines as it makes the situation 10X worse.
Prices in the PNW are higher than NV and even parts of CA.

GLWS, OP, I have seen the ad on CL as well.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Well at least yours come with the spinner too... Or was that an le option?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside