(Topic ID: 160942)

For sale: NIB Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)

By pinballisfun

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mufcmufc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SANY1207_(resized).JPG
20160530_135037_(resized).jpg
SANY1206_(resized).JPG
SANY1205_(resized).JPG
SANY1203_(resized).JPG
SANY1204_(resized).JPG
SANY1202_(resized).JPG
SANY1200_(resized).JPG
SANY1199_(resized).JPG
SANY1198_(resized).JPG
SANY1197_(resized).JPG
SANY1196_(resized).JPG
tspp.JPG
tspp_(resized).JPG
tspp_(resized).JPG
Screen_Shot_2016-05-30_at_12.29.30_(resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: NIB Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)

Added: 2016-05-29 16:42:04 UTC • Ended: June 3rd, 2016
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Price

$ 6,500 (Firm)

Price is firm

Can ship, but I STRONGLY prefer you come and check out the game in person. Brand new in open box, never played and never set up. Canadian export. With paid receipt. Cash and carry, or escrow.com if I have to ship. Buyer pays shipping + escrow fee. Located near DFW Int'l Airport. NO TRADES. Thanks

Item photos

Picture_006_(resized).jpg
SANY1196_(resized).JPG
SANY1197_(resized).JPG
SANY1198_(resized).JPG
SANY1199_(resized).JPG
SANY1200_(resized).JPG
SANY1202_(resized).JPG
SANY1204_(resized).JPG
SANY1203_(resized).JPG
SANY1205_(resized).JPG
SANY1206_(resized).JPG
SANY1207_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are pinballisfun's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to pinballisfun's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Euless, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

#2 7 years ago

PM Sent.

#3 7 years ago

Excellent!!!

#4 7 years ago

Please be careful. Brand new member, price is too cheap!

#5 7 years ago

VE coming??

#6 7 years ago

If it was a 2006 LOTR it would be worth it.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Please be careful. Brand new member, price is too cheap!

He has been a member here for a year.....

#8 7 years ago

How much just to lick it?

#9 7 years ago

OP has been trying to sell all these games for ages. Id guess 5-7 years now? Suprised no one has mentioned this.

#10 7 years ago

interesting. I think a lot of us want to know the obvious- the back story on this. IE, who buys a pin NIB and lets it sit? For me, it would get opened and played or Sold, especially in this amount of time.

Otherwise, it just looks a little fishy, and rightfully so.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

He has been a member here for a year.....

All activity is in the last 2 days. Only positive feedback from a noob I tx 2 days ago. I'd be totally sceptical.

#12 7 years ago

These were for sale NIB, for more, years ago. Now they are less and boxes have been opened. Good price, but use caution.

#13 7 years ago

It's a con ?

#14 7 years ago

seems legit. how can it be a con if he wants to you look at them first before buying? If I were in TX, I would be making an appointment to go look at a few.

#15 7 years ago

I am curious about the background on all this too.So if anyone jumps into any of these please keep us updated.
Mike

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

seems legit. how can it be a con if he wants to you look at them first before buying? If I were in TX, I would be making an appointment to go look at a few.

Probably only 'sells' to people who want it bad enough to ship. Then it's bye bye $$.

#17 7 years ago

Where do you get all the good NiB from ?

Screen_Shot_2016-05-30_at_12.29.30_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-05-30_at_12.29.30_(resized).png

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Probably only 'sells' to people who want it bad enough to ship. Then it's bye bye $$.

Nah other way around. wants you to come over to steal all the cash you have.

#19 7 years ago

So many red flags. Protect yourselves if you're considering buying in this type of situation.

I would start by checking the geolocation data on the pictures the seller sends you, followed by some local references. Lots of pinheads near Dallas, surely one of them knows the seller.

#20 7 years ago

This is legit. If you're local and interested in one (or more) of the games, come on over. TSPP is gone, and you can see from the buyer's feedback that he is thrilled with it. Pics coming for all the rest of the games that don't have a lot of pics right now. Thanks.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballisfun:

This is legit. If you're local and interested in one (or more) of the games, come on over. TSPP is gone, and you can see from the buyer's feedback that he is thrilled with it. Pics coming for all the rest of the games that don't have a lot of pics right now. Thanks.

Something is not right here.

Seller ( pinballisfun ) put the TSPP he mentions up for sale on May 28th and marks it as sold on May 29th. He then receives feedback on the great condition of the game on May 29th.

Buyer (TCTX02) signs up just a few days ago (May 23rd) and the next day ( May 24th ) adds TSPP to his collection according to pinside pulse. This is before the TSPP ad was supposedly posted ( May 28th) so how is this possible?tspp_(resized).JPGtspp_(resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago

The purchaser of tspp has been confirmed as legitimate in the other thread.

#23 7 years ago

Which one? I haven't seen that.

#24 7 years ago

His STTNG thread

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

The purchaser of tspp has been confirmed as legitimate in the other thread.

Where? please post link. Has buyers conformation been confirmed? Or just buyer confirming he bought it?

Quoted from Joker2Wild:

Something is not right here.
Seller ( pinballisfun ) put the TSPP he mentions up for sale on May 28th and marks it as sold on May 29th. He then receives feedback on the great condition of the game on May 29th.
Buyer (TCTX02) signs up just a few days ago (May 23rd) and the next day ( May 24th ) adds TSPP to his collection according to pinside pulse. This is before the TSPP ad was supposedly posted ( May 28th) so how is this possible?

Agree, big red flag.

#28 7 years ago

Sheesh. Such negativity. The seller is encouraging you to inspect the pins, so do it.

Who wouldn't spend $400 on a plane ticket to DFW to look at one of these games prior to shelling out big bucks?

My point is simply that our hobby is a cash and carry culture, this isn't amazon. Worst case, if you can't go see the pin, ask a friend nearby to do it for you.

Seller, GLWTS.

#29 7 years ago

Sorry guys. This is legit. The noob referred to in this thead is a good friend of mine for over 20 years. He's the proud new owner of his first pin, a minty fresh TSPP. I was skeptical at first also. Another pinsider and I walked him through all the questions to ask, the additional pictures to get, etc.

He's got it in his home now. Came with only 1 ball but another pinsider in DFW hooked him up with the rest.

#30 7 years ago

R U kidding??IMHO,con!! This seller has your dream pin nib,just send cash,a lot!!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

R U kidding??IMHO,con!! This seller has your dream pin nib,just send cash,a lot!!

Please explain the con. Are you claiming he doesn't have the machine? Are you claiming he is misrepresenting the condition?

What exactly are you saying and what backs it up?

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I think you're wrong hawkmoon. We're right to be skeptical but we also need to perform due diligence before claiming con. If you have evidence it's a con please share it.

#33 7 years ago

Time to send in the PIU(pinside investigation unit) and a drone. Really? No. Either you're in Dallas with a fist full of dollars ready to draw, or you're not.

#34 7 years ago

He saying he will take a escrow which means if it is a scam the money would never release to him. I don't think he is scamming anyone. I am think about buying a game he has but his area is my old stopping grounds and I know a ton of people there so I would send someone over before I paid. He is firm on his prices and will not budge 1 penny. So, I would need to see it before I did the deal. If I pulled the trigger I tell you how it goes down. However I still think it's legit.

#35 7 years ago

New pics added to the gallery!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

Sheesh. Such negativity. The seller is encouraging you to inspect the pins, so do it.
Who wouldn't spend $400 on a plane ticket to DFW to look at one of these games prior to shelling out big bucks?
My point is simply that our hobby is a cash and carry culture, this isn't amazon. Worst case, if you can't go see the pin, ask a friend nearby to do it for you.
Seller, GLWTS.

Hey...hey...hey!!! Would you stop all that "making sense" crap? Sheesh. Someone somewhere might catch on.

Remember, we are buying $8000 toys sight unseen before they even hit the market. We don't have time for plane trips and looking at stuff, and "trying before you buy"ing. We got to have it right here, right now, before we can even touch the game.

#37 7 years ago

What's up with the cab in pic #10?

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Yeah that dont look right at all! Heres a pic of one at my house, sorta covered by the LE armor guy stuck on it but its a 2003 and you can see its not all touched up looking like pic #10

20160530_135037_(resized).jpg20160530_135037_(resized).jpg

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Looks like a factory touchup to me. I had a minty HUO LOTR with the same thing.

#40 7 years ago

Was this going to be exported, i just dont remember the 2 i owned having 3 coin slots.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Was this going to be exported, i just dont remember the 2 i owned having 3 coin slots.

Canadian

#42 7 years ago

Well, on behalf of pinside, I'd like to apologize to the OP for all the negative nellies in your for sale threads. Lets just consider them shell shocked. You see, not everyome listens to Kanedas pinball podcast and learns to over inflate their pin prices. The new norm around pinside is that if you're not selling your pins for above market value, you're not doing it right.

Prices seem legit, threads seem legit with it being local. Good luck with sale(s). I'd definitely consider that NGG if it were local and I can flex the budget.

#43 7 years ago

I spoke with the seller yesterday for some time. He seems like a genuine and straight shooter kind of guy.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

Factory touch up, they used to damage the cabs pretty regularly and touch them up (poorly)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.95
Pinball Life

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 7.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 25.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-stern-2003-2023 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.