For sale: Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)

By NonStopSwagger

1 year ago

Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20160508_212043_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212053_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212101_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211344_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211350_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211356_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211303_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212136_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212129_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212443_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212613_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212238_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)

Added: May 9th, 2016 Ended: June 8th, 2016
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Item description

Nice game, not HUO

Backbox eye flasher mod
Upgraded pinball life flipper coils (have originals too)
Mostly LEDs
a few extra figures installed (sword hilt, left slingshot)
Cliffy's throughout
Lollipop side armor rails
V10 ROMs
Target Decals
New rubber
Some plastic protectors (not installed)

Item photos

IMG_20160508_212043_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212053_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212101_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211344_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211350_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211356_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_211303_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212136_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212129_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212443_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212613_(resized).jpg
IMG_20160508_212238_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Merrimack, NH, United States

Seller insights

These are NonStopSwagger's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to NonStopSwagger's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Nice machine. GLWS.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Nice machine. GLWS.

Thanks Bud. Its been in my collection 6 years, newer sterns seem bulletproof. Only repair I ever had to do was for a broken coil lug.

#4 1 year ago

Wish you were closer to me. I want a LOTR but not into driving far. GLWS!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wish you were closer to me. I want a LOTR but not into driving far. GLWS!

Thanks bud, yeah you are almost 7 hours from me, I wouldn't drive it either.

#6 1 year ago

A couple of folks have asked about trades. No trades please - I'm looking to sell the game outright. Need space, cash, etc. Also the price is firm and I feel is more than fair. Finally, I will not ship the game.

#7 1 year ago

Price seems very fair. GLWS!

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from NonStopSwagger:

Finally, I will not ship the game.

This will be your deal breaker. If it's local pick up only then you are probably better off in craigslist rather than trying to find the 5-10 people in your area reading this forum.

I'm not surely anyone has such a policy anyway. Navl comes in and takes the game just like a local pick up would work. You don't every actually have to "ship" the game. You do have to open the door for Navl to come in.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from markmon:

This will be your deal breaker. If it's local pick up only then you are probably better off in craigslist rather than trying to find the 5-10 people in your area reading this forum.
I'm not surely anyone has such a policy anyway. Navl comes in and takes the game just like a local pick up would work. You don't every actually have to "ship" the game. You do have to open the door for Navl to come in.

Thanks Mark, you are probably right. That said, I'm in no rush to sell right now. If it doesn't go before the fall, I'll re-list and include Craigslist and take the "no shipping" clause off.

Pinsiders can be picky, is it wrong of me to want a prospective buyer to see and play the game before buying it? The MMR bashing about inserts has amazed me, I own one, think the playfield is great.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from markmon:

Au contraire mon frere, I had the fabled Michelle ship 2 machines from Minnesota. My first 2 machines. I even paid for the extra insurance.

The person who shipped them thankfully took detailed pictures of both machines being wrapped, palletized and loaded. Because they opened the door to the truck bed and looked nothing like they did when they started. And I had to use the before pictures in my insurance claim.

One machine was on its side on the floor of the truck, sliding around. The other was half on and half off the pallet, both unwrapped and unstrapped.

They must've unpalletized them and tried to put both on one pallet, and not strap them to the pallet either.

3 sleepless months of my life and a 12 page detailed report with pictures and itemized costs later, I received half of my insured amount. So I was left with 2 broken games and half the money to fix them. The poor person selling was also involved, walking me through what to do, how to fix them, etc. (Even though it wasn't his fault at all, but he still felt terrible).

People say shipping is painless. Which it is, when everything goes smoothly. But don't knock someone for not wanting to ship. It's a headache, and there is absolutely a ton of risk involved.

GLWTS OP!

#11 1 year ago

Thanks Jake. I agree with you on the shipping risks, I shipped a game 5 years ago across the country.
I Didn't sleep much until the buyer gave me the news it arrived safely. Felt almost like I was playing Russian roulette with an automatic, while I was waiting for that email.

#12 1 year ago

Sight unseen this seems like a really good price given LOTR market values. I sold my 2004 history unknown LOTR last month for $5200 and it had no mods at all other than a Pinnovators.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakenjoi:

Au contraire mon frere, I had the fabled Michelle ship 2 machines from Minnesota. My first 2 machines. I even paid for the extra insurance.
The person who shipped them thankfully took detailed pictures of both machines being wrapped, palletized and loaded. Because they opened the door to the truck bed and looked nothing like they did when they started. And I had to use the before pictures in my insurance claim.
One machine was on its side on the floor of the truck, sliding around. The other was half on and half off the pallet, both unwrapped and unstrapped.
They must've unpalletized them and tried to put both on one pallet, and not strap them to the pallet either.
3 sleepless months of my life and a 12 page detailed report with pictures and itemized costs later, I received half of my insured amount. So I was left with 2 broken games and half the money to fix them. The poor person selling was also involved, walking me through what to do, how to fix them, etc. (Even though it wasn't his fault at all, but he still felt terrible).
People say shipping is painless. Which it is, when everything goes smoothly. But don't knock someone for not wanting to ship. It's a headache, and there is absolutely a ton of risk involved.
GLWTS OP!

I've heard more bad things about palleted machines than those that ship with legs on. I've always shipped and received with legs on and haven't had an issue. I know of course there are some bad stories out there for everything, but it seems most of the bad experiences with NAVL come from palleted machines.

#14 1 year ago

I just received two games shipped from CA to NJ on their legs and sent a game from NJ to ca on its legs with sti/navl with zero issues. Wasn't cheap, but no issues and Id do it again.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside