(Topic ID: 125224)

For sale: Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)

By ralphwiggum

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by ralphwiggum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

PDR_1803.JPG
PDR_1807.JPG
PDR_1800.JPG
PDR_1806.JPG
PDR_1805.JPG
PDR_1804.JPG
PDR_1802.JPG
PDR_1798.JPG
PDR_1801.JPG
PDR_1799.JPG
PDR_1788.JPG
PDR_1797.JPG
PDR_1787.JPG
PDR_1796.JPG
PDR_1795.JPG
PDR_1794.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Make offer

for sale

Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)

Added: April 21st, 2015 Ended: April 26th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Looking to trade down Lord of the Rings. I am looking for another DMD I haven't owned before (see my previously owned list for games I have owned). I am not 100% sure I am trading this down yet, but am about 90% sure. I want to see what offers are out there, as this is my 7 year old sons game, and he told me he would like to move it along now after a few years.

Quick Description- Fully shopped, and I have installed non ghosting leds in the inserts. Everything is working as it should. Clean and fast player that received a full topside teardown and flipper rebuilds. A lot of the figures were missing, so I added most of them back in, but have substituted a couple of figures where I couldn't find the specific replacement. there was wear at the flipper buttons, and the lollipop rails have been added, overall the game is very nice with no playfield wear.

I will add pics later tonight.

DMDs I am looking for that I haven't owned- Monopoly comes to the top of my mind, anything else, just shoot it my way.

DMDs I have owned, but would be interested in owning again- Jurassic Park, World Cup Soccer- come to the top of the list.

Value wise- I am thinking 2k plus your DMD, depending on the title.... I value LOTR somewhere between [phone number removed]

Any questions, fire away... Thanks

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Helenville, WI, US

Seller insights

These are ralphwiggum's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ralphwiggum's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Sounds like a solid LOTR. Great price valuation!

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Sounds like a solid LOTR. Great price valuation!

Ditto. GLWTTorS.

#4 4 years ago

GLWS - I am ready to buy if you're ready to sell per our PM's already!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

GLWS - I am ready to buy if you're ready to sell per our PM's already!

Whatever Nicoga offered you, I'm in for $1 more!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Whatever Nicoga offered you, I'm in for $1 more!

You're in luck - I haven't offered anything yet! So that's LOTR for $1!

I'm waiting to see if he's interested in selling first. I know he wants to trade, so I'm going to wait that out and let him try and get his trade on first.

#7 4 years ago

Oy, why can't you be closer, I'd trade DW.

#8 4 years ago

dang i have a jurassic park but just spent my spare game $$ on a Street Fighter II pin, oh the humanity

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

You're in luck - I haven't offered anything yet! So that's LOTR for $1!

Damn! Well, I don't want to rip him off, so I'll give him $2. for it then.

#10 4 years ago

Dang, traded away my Monopoly a few months back, wish I had it so I could work it into an offer on this. GLWS/T!

#11 4 years ago

Fair evaluation

Glws

#12 4 years ago

Holy Hell.... I got bombarded with emails on this. Sorry if I havent got back to everyone yet, I posted that at lunch time to see if there was interest, and apparently there is quite a bit. Pics will be forthcoming. AT THIS POINT, I am not looking to sell outright. I have had plenty of offers to purchase outright, and I am not looking to sell right now.

On the flip side, if someone has a Metallica Pro that I could replace this with, you have my attention.

#13 4 years ago

I thought you were not allowed to get rid of this game?

#14 4 years ago

Bummer about not selling, but hopefully you get what you want! GLWT!

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I thought you were not allowed to get rid of this game?

I wasn't... It's my 7 year olds... He is moving out of his lord of the rings phase and is big time into back to the future and ghostbusters now. He told me he thinks he is ready to let it go.

#16 4 years ago

Back to the future pin coming...???...............Joey

#17 4 years ago

Ralph

If you sold it to the "LOTR WTB Spongebob" fella you could prolly buy a NIB MET Pro w/just a lil scratch

NIB!

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ralph
If you sold it to the "LOTR WTB Spongebob" fella you could prolly buy a NIB MET Pro w/just a lil scratch
NIB!

I know myself too well... I would just buy another fun car to drive for the summer. I am not very practical with my "fun money"

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ralph
NIB!

I don't quite know if this was a dig?

But it's true! Haha However we have already chat. He prefers to trade it, which I totally get! I hope he gets what he wants and/or a MET!

#20 4 years ago

44% Thinks Andre3000 should buy a MET Pro, play it for a few months & then trade it for a LOTR to the Chuck E Cheese TSPP gatekeeper. Maybe a few dollars trade hands? Maybe it's an even trade? Maybe a Shasta will lube up the deal?

I will be back in 2 & 2

image.jpg
#21 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I wasn't... It's my 7 year olds... He is moving out of his Lord of the Rings phase and is big time into Back to the Future and ghostbusters now. He told me he thinks he is ready to let it go.

Dang. All I have is a Data East Star Wars that would be worth anything you might be interested in. I'd so love to get an LOTR.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

44% Thinks Andre3000 should buy a MET Pro, play it for a few months & then trade it for a LOTR to the Chuck E Cheese TSPP gatekeeper. Maybe a few dollars trade hands? Maybe it's an even trade? Maybe a Shasta will lube up the deal?
I will be back in 2 & 2

image.jpg

You are killing me smalls.... Well chuck, everything went fine on the date until he asked me to meet his wives.

#23 4 years ago

Dude im so impressed wih your previous owned list. Holy cow. Is there any pin you havent had. Haha

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Dude im so impressed wih your previous owned list. Holy cow. Is there any pin you havent had. Haha

Been doing this awhile, plus I have ADD and a walkout basement.... Definitely a bad combination for the longevity of machines. I typically play them for a few months (true), master them like no other(false), and send them out the door crying (also not true).

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Chuck E Cheese TSPP gatekeeper

Say what?
PDR_1808.JPG

#26 4 years ago

Alright lets photobomb this mother.... Couple of other quick tidbits.... I am not exaggerating when I say I dont like this game at all, so my memory isnt as good as I thought it was.... I think I have played this like 10 times in 1.5 years....

So after dragging it out from the wall, take a look at the cab, there is some wear (not chunks) on the head, start button, and flipper buttons (already mentioned). Also, the regular GI is normal bulbs, the inserts are non ghosting leds, and the back of the playfield GIs are frosted leds....

Some interesting trade offers so far.... Keep them coming.

PDR_1807.JPGPDR_1806.JPGPDR_1805.JPGPDR_1804.JPGPDR_1803.JPGPDR_1802.JPGPDR_1801.JPGPDR_1800.JPGPDR_1799.JPGPDR_1798.JPGPDR_1797.JPGPDR_1796.JPGPDR_1795.JPGPDR_1794.JPGPDR_1793.JPGPDR_1792.JPGPDR_1791.JPGPDR_1790.JPGPDR_1789.JPGPDR_1788.JPGPDR_1787.JPG

#27 4 years ago

Also, expanding my list a bit more.... I am interested in a Transformers Pro, and all the machines I have interest in, I dont care if they are route dogs, or immaculate condition as long as trade value reflects condition. Thanks again....

#28 4 years ago

I think you should shoot for a TF LE. I like the right ramp shots better. Little more open and smoother playing than the Pro. Price should be spot on for what that LOTR is worth as well. Shouldn't be hard to get an even up trade.

Lets get this man a TF or MET

#29 4 years ago

To bad your not closer i have a few pins id trade towards this

#30 4 years ago

I considered offering a trade on my tfle, but tfle is in his already owned list.

#31 4 years ago

I think you would like Monopoly. Its seems much improved watching the new colordmd when I have friend over. We have all been playing it. I took one in trade but sold it to The Banker who will also vouch its a solid pin especially from that Stern era.

#32 4 years ago

if he has an LE, why would he be asking for a Pro?

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if he has an LE, why would he be asking for a Pro?

I had an LE... I am interested in a pro. I 3300 like tf, not 4400...

#35 4 years ago

Too bad your not selling : ( Although this might be a good thing as my wife would never understand that a pinball machine would be $4,000. For anyone interested, Tim knows his stuff, and my son and I had a blast playing his machines not long ago.

#36 4 years ago

Want to add some $$$$$ for an AC/DC Premium trade?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I will be back in 2 & 2 image.jpg

I don't know why, but used to love that show.

"Nice mullet" bump.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Holy Hell.... I got bombarded with emails on this. Sorry if I havent got back to everyone yet, I posted that at lunch time to see if there was interest, and apparently there is quite a bit. Pics will be forthcoming. AT THIS POINT, I am not looking to sell outright. I have had plenty of offers to purchase outright, and I am not looking to sell right now.

$4k is an attractive price for LOTR - even if it was routed (I'm assuming that). When I put my BDK for sale, I posted a brief ad in the marketplace at 11pm or so EST - no pictures or anything. My email exploded and I had 70 pinside messages by the next morning. I sold it to the very first guy who responded and his email came within the first 15 seconds of the ad being up.

So I totally understand this bombarded thing. Sometimes us pinball people even get angry when someone doesn't take our wads and wads of $100 bills. I hope that isn't happening to you now.

#39 4 years ago

Thinking about MAYBE...MAYBE...putting up my Congo as trade bait for a LOTR or TSPP. Really gotta think about it though. My wife and I want a LOTR back, and my younger kid and I want TSPP (apparently he really liked it at TPF, enough to describe the custom plunger to me!). Shipping is the sux, but it's better than paying 4k+shipping or whatever outright for a game..

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thinking about MAYBE...MAYBE...putting up my Congo as trade bait for a LOTR or TSPP.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#41 4 years ago

Alright... lunchbreak update... Looks like this machine has a new home. A local buddy had interest in this title (and I didn't realize it), so it looks like this one is traded. I want to thank everyone for their interest in this one, I think I had about 60PMs on this one, which is pretty crazy.

Quoted from Stack15:

I hope that isn't happening to you now

People have been very understanding of my desire to trade, so it is cool. After I posted pics of the machine, the cash offers really came out of the woodwork above and beyond the range I feel LOTR is worth (to me). As hard as it is to turn down easy money, this isn't about the money for me, so it is cool, and thank you to those who did make offers, nothing personal.

Quoted from lowepg:

Want to add some $$$$$ for an AC/DC Premium trade

Man, I actually thought about this one a bit.... Love that game.... Luckily I have access to quite a few of them locally and location if I choose to make the long drive.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside