(Topic ID: 171646)

For sale: Lord of the Rings Limited Edition (Stern, 2009)

By a_derelict

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pacman11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3612b5a2adf8aaea364d47ae8c12739332c1ff4f (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
price police (resized).jpeg
starbucks-final-copy-picture (resized).jpg
lotr_bg (resized).jpg
GLWS (resized).jpg
lotr_hair_dick (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
IMG_8348 (resized).JPG
images (resized).jpg
IMG_9119 (resized).png
Haha (resized).jpg
IMG_4986 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
10000 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#49 7 years ago

I never can figure out the price police. Who cares what the guy asks. The market is always right! Again the market it always right! If he sells it, someone wanted it. If he does not sell it he will have to lower until he does. Contrary to others I have seen this pin sell for $8500 if in perfect shape. A really great hou standard now can sell for over $6,000. Yes you can still find for under but it is hard. It is a stern top game. The non top games drop like bricks as the market is always right. People think these are investment which cracks me up. They are games and it is a hobby. Supply and demand. Yes they do go down and up in a Bubble. Tron LE sells way north of $10,000 and so does Cactus Canyon. While Lotr LE has not it is one of 500 which may some day. A TZ sold locally for $8900. I thought nuts! The guy who bought it as his first pin and wanted a HOU one as it was pin he played when in college. The seller sold on Craigslist in less than 24hrs. I think it is crazy but the buyer and seller were happy. The free market always wins. The price police cracks me up as when they sell they try to get the most but when they buy they want least. They love to call people trolls when in fact they are. While, that is good business it is not always reality.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

People Are trying to get $1,200 for $1,000 games all day long on here, but if you mark up a LOTR 20% it's insane. The same people trying to get $2,400 for their $2,000 games are bashing this guy for trying to get $10,000 for this game that is marked up about the same percentage.
It's Pinside, 20% above value is asked for games all day every day. So what's so wrong with this guy? It's just a bullshit pile on.

Well said and exactly my point. That said some games on pinside are lower than the local market. Supply and demand based on your area.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Your example is only one of the free market winning if the buyer was aware that they were over paying for that TZ. Otherwise it's an example of the seller capitalizing on the buyer's ignorance.
Helping buyers make informed decisions is exactly what responsible friendly pinheads do. A new buyer is more likely to be ignorant of market conditions and potentially get screwed by someone.

Nope he new the price as was a pinside member but wanted the best was his point. I would not have paid that price but he was happy too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
$ 25.00
$ 18.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider onwallst.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-limited-edition-stern-2009-2012?tu=onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.