(Topic ID: 171646)

For sale: Lord of the Rings Limited Edition (Stern, 2009)

By a_derelict

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pacman11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3612b5a2adf8aaea364d47ae8c12739332c1ff4f (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
price police (resized).jpeg
starbucks-final-copy-picture (resized).jpg
lotr_bg (resized).jpg
GLWS (resized).jpg
lotr_hair_dick (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
IMG_8348 (resized).JPG
images (resized).jpg
IMG_9119 (resized).png
Haha (resized).jpg
IMG_4986 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
10000 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Lord of the Rings Limited Edition (Stern, 2009)

Added: 2016-10-21 19:46:33 UTC • Ended: December 25th, 2016
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 10,000

The perfect Christmas gift. Its shiny, gold, and unblemished, my precious.

Excellent condition, low plays, 1 owner. 1 of 500 Limited Edition run. LEDs throughtout, custom colorchanging backbox light, ColorDMD, Flipper Fidelity speakers, Cliffy and other protectors installed, shaker motor, undercab led flasher tape, upgraded flipper coils.

Local pickup only. Cash only. 93245

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are a_derelict's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to a_derelict's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lemoore, CA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

€ 7.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 179.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 7 years ago

10k by christmas... err i mean now?

#3 7 years ago

cash only, wow that is alot of cash...

#4 7 years ago

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#5 7 years ago

10000 (resized).jpg10000 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

perfect user name

#7 7 years ago

You're probably around $3,000-3,500 too high that's why the hate is coming in this thread.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

You're probably around $2,500 too high that's why the hate is coming in this thread.

More like 4k too high, huh?

#9 7 years ago

This is a troll post. No other explanation for that asking price.

#10 7 years ago

A lot of estrogen in this thread. I recommend sunlight and b vitamins. Ads sticking around through Christmas so get used to it.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

A lot of estrogen in this thread. I recommend sunlight and b vitamins. Ads sticking around through Christmas so get used to it.

And the next one too

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Will you be lobbing up any more softballs in this thread? Flashinstinct got to the last one before I could, and he knocked it out of the park.

#14 7 years ago

Asking for $10k and no pictures? In that case, I'll take two.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Asking for $10k and no pictures?

Stern did that with BM66LE.

#16 7 years ago

I've been looking for one in the 10K price range

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Stern did that with BM66LE.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#18 7 years ago

The prices on these LE games have always been high, and the games have usually sold fast. It would be interesting to know what the final selling price on it is.

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

The prices on these LE games have always been high, and the games have usually sold fast. It would be interesting to know what the final selling price on it is.

Not 10k

#20 7 years ago

10k NOT but 7/8k I could see if its perfect

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Ads sticking around through Christmas so get used to it.

Christmas 2042? Cuz you'll still have it

#22 7 years ago

In August it was listed at $8,500...now thats some fast appreciation.

#23 7 years ago

IMG_4986 (resized).JPGIMG_4986 (resized).JPG

#24 7 years ago

Haha (resized).jpgHaha (resized).jpg

#25 7 years ago

10k....why I'd love to buuuu......

IMG_9119 (resized).pngIMG_9119 (resized).png

#26 7 years ago

everything is more expensive in California even LOTRs

#27 7 years ago

Mike

#28 7 years ago

I had thought the price of this listing was a commentary on the absurdity of the increase in pricing by manufacturers. As such, it would have been spot on. However, as an actual ad... Wow, that's an overpriced LOTR.

#29 7 years ago

Gots to love the price police...

#30 7 years ago

I'll take it, but I won't pay a penny less than 15k. This man needs congratulated for finally trying to bring the prices back down. Congrats to you and your family.

#31 7 years ago

Someone over here in NZ tried to sell a TFTC for $7K NZD (approx $5K USD) on our NZ eBay. He was trolled hard

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Gots to love the apologists who think that absurd asking prices shouldn't be called out for what they are.

#33 7 years ago

Yeah there are times when the price deserves a lambasting and call out. This is one of those times. What a joke OP.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

LOL, guess who has a LOTRLE in his collection?

#35 7 years ago

As mentioned before, $10K and no pictures? What cajones!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

This one was too hot for the Price Police. They called in the Financial FBI.

#37 7 years ago

Yah, his price is high. But it's not THAT high. It's funny to see the same people in here bitching that are posting over priced shit themselves and bitching about anyone who comments on their price.

#38 7 years ago

Guys! This is in pesos. (Plus a zero at the end after conversion)

There's no way this is in USD

#39 7 years ago

OP quick, put the ring on.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Yah, his price is high. But it's not THAT high.

The last 20ish of these I saw for sale were 7k or less , how is 3 to 4K "not THAT high"?

#41 7 years ago

You've never seen a LOTR LE posted for more than $7K? Whatever.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

The last 20ish of these I saw for sale were 7k or less , how is 3 to 4K "not THAT high"?

#42 7 years ago

Again, another perfect example of "start high" on the asking price.....

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago

In a roundabout way, the OP is making a point with his price whether or not those were his intentions. Many ding bats here are willing to plunk that kind of money down on Stern and JJP's latest unproven offerings. So why not try to get that kind of money on one of Stern's finest ever game?

If you think his price his too high (which it is), accept that Stern and JJP are bending you over and you like it. Don't blame the op for your own guilty conscience.

#44 7 years ago

I would say that $10,000 might be a reasonable price for one of Sterns best pins ever. This is in light of the fact that JJP's unproven Dialed In pin is going for $12,000. I might be a little biased but there is some logic to the price if you look at the market.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Have you ever seen a JJP pin for $12,000? Not until recently. The market is changing. People are paying large sums for pinball machines. The days of great modern pins going for $4,000 or $5,000 are over. THe market will keep moving up as long as people are buying.

#46 7 years ago

This ad has done exactly what it has intended to do: call out the price police! STEP INTO THE LiIGHT! Smile your on candid camera! Bump

#47 7 years ago

Not sure if this was mentioned but that's Rob Ford, funny guy and one of the best Crack smoking Mayor's Canada has ever seen. Sadly though he passed away, miss him in the news.

On a lighter note some dumb Stern loving white guy will probably pay 10k by Christmas. Poor sucker! Glws!

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Well yeah, $8500 the last time the OP put it up for sale, which didn't sell. So why not jack the price up another $1500

#49 7 years ago

I never can figure out the price police. Who cares what the guy asks. The market is always right! Again the market it always right! If he sells it, someone wanted it. If he does not sell it he will have to lower until he does. Contrary to others I have seen this pin sell for $8500 if in perfect shape. A really great hou standard now can sell for over $6,000. Yes you can still find for under but it is hard. It is a stern top game. The non top games drop like bricks as the market is always right. People think these are investment which cracks me up. They are games and it is a hobby. Supply and demand. Yes they do go down and up in a Bubble. Tron LE sells way north of $10,000 and so does Cactus Canyon. While Lotr LE has not it is one of 500 which may some day. A TZ sold locally for $8900. I thought nuts! The guy who bought it as his first pin and wanted a HOU one as it was pin he played when in college. The seller sold on Craigslist in less than 24hrs. I think it is crazy but the buyer and seller were happy. The free market always wins. The price police cracks me up as when they sell they try to get the most but when they buy they want least. They love to call people trolls when in fact they are. While, that is good business it is not always reality.

#50 7 years ago

People Are trying to get $1,200 for $1,000 games all day long on here, but if you mark up a LOTR 20% it's insane. The same people trying to get $2,400 for their $2,000 games are bashing this guy for trying to get $10,000 for this game that is marked up about the same percentage.

It's Pinside, 20% above value is asked for games all day every day. So what's so wrong with this guy? It's just a bullshit pile on.

Quoted from Onwallst:

I never can figure out the price police. Who cares what the guy asks. The market is always right! Again the market it always right! If he sells it, someone wanted it. If he does not sell it he will have to lower until he does. Contrary to others I have seen this pin sell for $8500 if in perfect shape. A really great hou standard now can sell for over $6,000. Yes you can still find for under but it is hard. It is a stern top game. The non top games drop like bricks as the market is always right. People think these are investment which cracks me up. They are games and it is a hobby. Supply and demand. Yes they do go down and up in a Bubble. Tron LE sells way north of $10,000 and so does Cactus Canyon. While Lotr LE has not it is one of 500 which may some day. A TZ sold locally for $8900. I thought nuts! The guy who bought it as his first pin and wanted a HOU one as it was pin he played when in college. The seller sold on Craigslist in less than 24hrs. I think it is crazy but the buyer and seller were happy. The free market always wins. The price police cracks me up as when they sell they try to get the most but when they buy they want least. They love to call people trolls when in fact they are. While, that is good business it is not always reality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.50
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-limited-edition-stern-2009-2012?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.