(Topic ID: 171646)

For sale: Lord of the Rings Limited Edition (Stern, 2009)

By a_derelict

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 136 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pacman11
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3612b5a2adf8aaea364d47ae8c12739332c1ff4f (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
price police (resized).jpeg
starbucks-final-copy-picture (resized).jpg
lotr_bg (resized).jpg
GLWS (resized).jpg
lotr_hair_dick (resized).jpg
200_s (resized).png
IMG_8348 (resized).JPG
images (resized).jpg
IMG_9119 (resized).png
Haha (resized).jpg
IMG_4986 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
10000 (resized).jpg
image (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

That is no where near as bad as LOTR-HD (Hair Dick).
And in person with that mirror outline once you see it you can't un-see it

It is pretty much the same thing, but people see what they want to see like looking at a cloud formation. The people that already had LOTRs pre-LE announcement were upset that they came out with an LE after the original and were/are overly critical. It happens with every later announced LE, Vault Edition, later announced Premium such as TWD, or later announced special edition such as TH Black Arrow.

#102 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It is pretty much the same thing, but people see what they want to see like looking at a cloud formation. The people that already had LOTRs pre-LE announcement were upset that they came out with an LE after the original and were/are overly critical. It happens with every later announced LE, Vault Edition, later announced Premium such as TWD, or later announced special edition such as TH Black Arrow.

Ridiculous.

It looks terrible on the LE and isn't even noticeable on the standard.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Upset when they came out? Why? Because I would not have picked one up if I liked it? I went right down to Automated services psyched about it. Then I saw the Fugly as hell backglass. I did not see the HD at first just this too-wide mirroring trim looking gaudy as all heck. Then the playfield looked bare without the figures. I am not big on shakers and am not impressed by signatures.

I have loved the books for decades. The movies are great and this game ties them together to make it a top notch game. If I loved the SE (they called it Special Edition when it first came out) I would have plunked down the cash right there for a NIB one. No way is this a case of envy. Oh, I think they were $5K. The regular was $4K but that was about 5 years before.

#104 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Upset when they came out? Why? Because I would not have picked one up if I liked it? I went right down to Automated services psyched about it. Then I saw the Fugly as hell backglass. I did not see the HD at first just this too-wide mirroring trim looking gaudy as all heck. Then the playfield looked bare without the figures. I am not big on shakers and am not impressed by signatures.
I have loved the books for decades. The movies are great and this game ties them together to make it a top notch game. If I loved the SE (they called it Special Edition when it first came out) I would have plunked down the cash right there for a NIB one. No way is this a case of envy. Oh, I think they were $5K. The regular was $4K but that was about 5 years before.

I bought a NIB LOTRLE in 2010 or 11 for 6K from a distributor. Sold it 2 years ago for same.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

I bought a NIB LOTRLE in 2010 or 11 for 6K from a distributor. Sold it 2 years ago for same.

Should have held on. Worth 10K today!!

#106 7 years ago

Maybe the ad should read: "Lord of the 'Tiffany Diamond' Rings?"

#107 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You have the same thing on the regular LOTR:

Agreed but it is not traced in gold. It's a big flaccid difference.

#108 7 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

The prices on these LE games have always been high, and the games have usually sold fast. It would be interesting to know what the final selling price on it is.

Were any of the LOTR games signed or anything else unique that could price bump them to another level? Just curious in general.

#109 7 years ago

I owned both LOTR versions and will gladly take a real backglass with a gold traced HD any day over a plastic transilte.

#110 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You have the same thing on the regular LOTR:

Yep but standard owners didn't pay extra for it to be outlined.

#111 7 years ago

So, in explanation... this was the last NIB LOTRLE in existence as far I as know and I paid a handsome sum for it from Automated Services maybe 4ish years ago. I want to say I dropped 9k on it, with no regrets... plus the upgrades. I'm not actually turning a profit here from that perspective.

That being said, I am aware what these machines sell for normally and I am in no hurry to sell.

Realistically, its not a very absurd price.. depending on how many other mint LEs are availiable at the time a buyer is wanting it. If somebody really wants it they will drop 10 on it. If not, oh well!

Funny to watch folks get their panties in a bunch over the nickels and dimes of a theoretic transaction of which they have no stake in. Be well and bash away, it's quite entertaining.

#112 7 years ago

But it's a stern, minimal thought on detail, NIB means it's code is lacking, nothing special about it so you got ripped off so face facts and take the loss it's a 500 dollar game now

#113 7 years ago

Why is it that people sell machines but are in no hurry to sell them haha. And if it doesn't sell OH WELL than

Ya ok.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Why is it that people sell machines but are in no hurry to sell them haha. And if it doesn't sell OH WELL than
Ya ok.

Because people are full of sh*t.

#115 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

So, in explanation... this was the last NIB LOTRLE in existence as far I as know and I paid a handsome sum for it from Automated Services maybe 4ish years ago. I want to say I dropped 9k on it, with no regrets... plus the upgrades. I'm not actually turning a profit here from that perspective.

Then you opened it and it became just like every other LOTR LE on earth... one of the pains of collecting pinball is realizing you (a) over paid or (b) the market for a pin has decreased.

I guarantee if you price this pin fair, you'll get zero comments and will have a sale.

#116 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Ya ok.

Because they are full of crap. I have had a few sellers like that in the last few months. They are too high, it sits and sits, and finally they come down.

#117 7 years ago

You over paying does not increase the value of a pin (or anything). As 27dnast mentioned, as soon as you opened the box you lost a lot of money.

Sounds like this will be in your collection for a long time.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

You over paying does not increase the value of a pin (or anything). As 27dnast mentioned, as soon as you opened the box you lost a lot of money.
Sounds like this will be in your collection for a long time.

I can't fault him when all I hear people say on Pinside is "I have this much into the machine so need to get that back". It drives me nuts but I have come to accept that is just the mentality of the collectors anymore because they always expect to make money our break even on anything they buy regardless if they overpaid.

#119 7 years ago

Not every sales ad is posted out of desperation gentleman. Market testing is allowed and has proved fruitful in similar circumstances. To some 10k is a fortune, but to others its just a few bucks..

#120 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Because people are full of sh*t.

Quoted from dung:

Because they are full of crap. I have had a few sellers like that in the last few months. They are too high, it sits and sits, and finally they come down.

KUDOS to you guys! I'm glad someone said it....I couldn't quite bring myself to.

#121 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Not every sales ad is posted out of desperation gentleman. Market testing is allowed and has proved fruitful in similar circumstances.

Pro-tip: Comments like the ones below can turn off potential buyers and actually thwart your stated objective...

Quoted from a_derelict:

A lot of estrogen in this thread. I recommend sunlight and b vitamins.

Quoted from a_derelict:

Funny to watch folks get their panties in a bunch

Quoted from a_derelict:

To some 10k is a fortune, but to others its just a few bucks.

#123 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I guarantee if you price this pin fair, you'll get zero comments and will have a sale.

As with tons of other for sale threads that go unnoticed. Basically the "price bashing" can help potential buyers to realize that what they are looking at is not worth the asking price. Just because you over pay for a game, doesn't mean someone else has to.

#124 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Just because you over pay for a game, doesn't mean someone else has to.

Nobody is being forced into anything here, its a sales ad.

#125 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Market testing is allowed and has proved fruitful in similar circumstances.

Cool. I thought it was a For Sale posting. I didn't realize it was just market research. How is it going? Lots of leads from this?

#126 7 years ago

If Stern can ask $15k for a Batman pin, and JJP can ask $12.5k for Dialed In, what does that make a LOTRLE worth? A lot of people think LOTR is the better game. I'm still not sure this is a 100% serious ad, but in this day and age why not?

"A man has the right to change his name to vatever he vants to change it to. And if a man vants to be called Muhammad Ali, godammit this is a free country, you should respect his vishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!"

#127 7 years ago
Quoted from a_derelict:

Nobody is being forced into anything here, its a sales ad.

I agree 100%. It's the kind of item that somebody that pays $5 for a cup of coffee might buy.

starbucks-final-copy-picture (resized).jpgstarbucks-final-copy-picture (resized).jpg

#128 7 years ago
Quoted from tl54hill:

If Stern can ask $15k for a Batman pin, and JJP can ask $12.5k for Dialed In, what does that make a LOTRLE worth? A lot of people think LOTR is the better game."

Well if that is the logic we are using, the game is massively UNDERpriced. It is a bargain. After all it is WAY better than Kingpin or King Kong, so there should be a 40k pricetag on it. The OP is practically giving it away at 10,000.

#129 7 years ago

I think a fun feature for this site would be to deputise price policing pinsiders with a little badge icon by their name so all of this thread crapping would be a little more tounge n cheek and no so off putting.

#130 7 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

I think a fun feature for this site would be to deputise price policing pinsiders with a little badge icon by their name so all of this thread crapping would be a little more tounge n cheek and no so off putting.

I'd wear that badge proudly!

#131 7 years ago

price police (resized).jpegprice police (resized).jpeg

#132 7 years ago

Oh Ted! That's way cooler than my old badge.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#133 7 years ago

We can nominate a sheriff..and the rest of us could be deputies. Make it happen Robin.

#134 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

We can nominate a sheriff..and the rest of us could be deputies. Make it happen Robin.

Now that is some funny chit lol.

1 week later
#135 7 years ago

Ask and you shall recieve.
Mike

3612b5a2adf8aaea364d47ae8c12739332c1ff4f (resized).jpg3612b5a2adf8aaea364d47ae8c12739332c1ff4f (resized).jpg

#136 7 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

In a roundabout way, the OP is making a point with his price whether or not those were his intentions. Many ding bats here are willing to plunk that kind of money down on Stern and JJP's latest unproven offerings. So why not try to get that kind of money on one of Stern's finest ever game?
If you think his price his too high (which it is), accept that Stern and JJP are bending you over and you like it. Don't blame the op for your own guilty conscience.

Couldn't of said it better myself. LOTR is a much better game then the latest and greatest stern's to come out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.50
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 136 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-limited-edition-stern-2009-2012/page/3?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.