IMG_0734 (resized).jpg
IMG_0738 (resized).jpg
IMG_0735 (resized).jpg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0741 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Lord of the Rings Limited Edition

Added: 2019-01-19 03:46:23 UTC • Ended: February 3rd, 2019
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

1 Pinsider added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 8,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Very nice, low play LOTR LE for sale. This machine is pretty much stock outside of a few added Cliffy and Pinbit protectors. I will include some additional protectors I bought but haven't installed as well. This machine was bought from another pinside member in early 2018. I have a set of LEDs I received from that seller that I will also include in the price. Additional photos available upon request

Item photos

IMG_0701 (resized).jpg
IMG_0730(1) (resized).jpg
IMG_0732 (resized).jpg
IMG_0734 (resized).jpg
IMG_0735 (resized).jpg
IMG_0736 (resized).jpg
IMG_0738 (resized).jpg
IMG_0739 (resized).jpg
IMG_0740 (resized).jpg
IMG_0741 (resized).jpg
IMG_0742 (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).jpg
IMG_0765 (resized).jpg
IMG_0769 (resized).jpg
IMG_0770 (resized).jpg
IMG_0778 (resized).jpg
IMG_0779 (resized).jpg
IMG_0781 (resized).jpg
IMG_0782 (resized).jpg
IMG_0783 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are CrystalMethod's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to CrystalMethod's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

St. Charles, IL, US

#2 5 years ago

$8000 seems to be a good price for the LE, especially with low plays and huo. We love our LOTR, definitely a nice pin

#3 5 years ago

I have a 60 play LOTR LE with full chestnut brass and ColorDMD and a 250 play standard.

I had no idea the pricing on these was so strong. Good to know.

#4 5 years ago

$8k? I'd be interested to see where this actually settles. Seems a bit high.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I have a 60 play LOTR LE with full chestnut brass and ColorDMD and a 250 play standard.
I had no idea the pricing on these was so strong. Good to know.

It's not.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

$8000 seems to be a good price for the LE, especially with low plays and huo. We love our LOTR, definitely a nice pin

Says the guy who owns one. This is way overpriced.

#7 5 years ago

I remember your ‘wanted ‘ ad. So, you got this and are dumping it already?

#8 5 years ago

#9 5 years ago

Seems like 7k stock but market for more rxpensivr titles has been soft. As you get to 7500 they tend to be modded out. Most of these seem to be huo so thst doesnt add more. So for the owner who is price pumping, nice try

#10 5 years ago

Is OP on crystal meth?

*Edited to add pic*, comment seemed rude without reference
20190119_122841 (resized).jpg20190119_122841 (resized).jpg

#11 5 years ago

It's worth whatever someone wants to pay for it. I wouldn't blame someone for paying up for this game. You don't find a perfect HUO LOTR LE every day that's not all modded up. That said I don't see why people feel the need to crap on someone's for sale thread with their opinion. Doesn't anyone think about others before they post?

GLWS OP, I recently owned pretty much the exact game and it was an absolutely beautiful and fun game.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

That said I don't see why people feel the need to crap on someone's for sale thread with their opinion. Doesn't anyone think about others before they post?

It is posted on a forum. People are free to comment in favor or against. If the op has a problem with that there is always the option to list it in the market place without a forum post and no one can comment. Telling people not to post their opinion defeats the purpose of there being a forum at all.

fo·rum
/ˈfôrəm/Submit
noun
a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

#13 5 years ago

I dunno, 7k seems an entirely reasonable ask for one of these in this condition and it’s listed as 8k obo. Not really a massive overprice imo. Seems like someone who was seriously interested in one of these machines would be able to strike a deal here. These aren’t exactly common.

#14 5 years ago

If LOTR LE isn't an 8K game, then newer Stern LE's aren't 7K games. And yet Stern charges 9K for them.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If LOTR LE isn't an 8K game, then newer Stern LE's aren't 7K games. And yet Stern charges 9K for them.

Correct, correct and correct.

#16 5 years ago

8k, where is the color DMD?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

8k, where is the color DMD?

It’s 8k obo, so offer 7k and put one in yourself. Not saying the offer would be accepted, but there’s an option for you.

#18 5 years ago

Ugh if only it didn’t have that penis. I can’t unsee it

#19 5 years ago

Bought my first LE NIB in 2010 for 6200$ and at that time I did not know anything about pricing, had not heard of pinside... so got it at MSRP. Then sold it 3 years later for 5300$ as I had no space then. Moved to bigger house and really wanted one back so got it from a pinsider a year ago at his asking price for 8k. Except it had the following too:
Brass coin door
Color DMD
Pin blades
Path of the dead clear deflector
Brass wire to replace the plastic that goes over the left inlane wire form
Path of the dead figures
Shire sticker
PDI Target Stickers
Jays Palantir Mod
Original flipper coils included
Upgraded LOTR flipper coils (installed)
Tom Wible Ring shooter rod
Dollar bill acceptor
LED under cabinet
LED topper
LED speaker lights
The ring gold speaker grill
Outline of a gold penis on the backglass

Hope this helps)

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Bought my first LE NIB in 2010 for 6200$ and at that time I did not know anything about pricing, had not heard of pinside... so got it at MSRP. Then sold it 3 years later for 5300$ as I had no space then. Moved to bigger house and really wanted one back so got it from a pinsider a year ago at his asking price for 8k. Except it had the following too:
Brass coin door
Color DMD
Pin blades
Path of the dead figures
Shire sticker
PDI Target Stickers
Jays Palantir Mod
Dollar bill acceptor
LED under cabinet
LED topper
LED speaker lights
Hope this helps)

Not just any penis. Gandalf’s!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Brass coin door
Color DMD
Pin blades
Path of the dead figures
Shire sticker
PDI Target Stickers
Jays Palantir Mod
Dollar bill acceptor
LED under cabinet
LED topper
LED speaker lights
Hope this helps)

I wonder if that was my LOTR LE that I sold last year. It was modded to the gills. I sold mine for $8,000. I packed it up on a pallet and had it shipped. I forget where it went. I actually miss it. It is one of the best looking and playing pins that stern has ever made.
Now that I think about it, that must have been my LOTR LE. I had all those mods. Eye of Sauron too.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I wonder if that was my LOTR LE that I sold last year. It was modded to the gills. I sold mine for $8,000. I packed it up on a pallet and had it shipped. I forget where it went. I actually miss it. It is one of the best looking and playing pins that stern has ever made.
Now that I think about it, that must have been my LOTR LE. I had all those mods. Eye of Sauron too.

We have a winner, it was yours! But your friend MinusWorlds sold it to me for you.
Unreal, there is another LOTRLE for 10k on pinside!
I guess that one must have 5 gold balls on top of (or under) a gold penis))!

#23 5 years ago

Buy with confidence - he's a great guy & I'm sure a great seller as well. This was my my machine before I sold it to CrystalMethod - I bought it brand new from Marco. It was a late build from Stern (I think 2010?) and I bought it from Marco Specialties about three years after this. As I hate shipping, I personally picked this up at Marco's shop in South Carolina and drove it back nice & easy.... I kept it in the box for a year or so, then I finally had my basement ready to accept it. I believe I unboxed this originally mid-year 2014 if my memory serves correct. I purchased it as it was a game that was highly hyped & well thought of, even though it wasn't really my theme of choice. I probably played it 15-25 times or so; realized that I made an impulse purchase that just wasn't for me. I then effectively turned the game off and didn't play again until the day before I sold it last year to the current seller. I can't imagine that this has many plays on it since then and I sold it practically fresh out of the box. $8k may seem steep, but seeing as what new Stern's go for and this is still practically brand new (and a classic Stern at that), you may wish to reconsider.

Best of luck to the seller and whomever eventually purchases this - if you like the theme, this is the machine for you!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Brass coin door
Color DMD
Pin blades
Path of the dead figures
Shire sticker
PDI Target Stickers
Jays Palantir Mod
Dollar bill acceptor
LED under cabinet
LED topper
LED speaker lights
Hope this helps)

So, this one is about as equal in value as yours ; )?

#25 5 years ago

Officer originality reporting for duty.

officer dipshit (resized).jpgofficer dipshit (resized).jpg
#26 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

We have a winner, it was yours! But your friend MinusWorlds sold it to me for you.

Quoted from bladerunner:

Correct MinusWorlds helps me with all my pin stuff. He is a great guy.

How is the game playing? I destroyed the ring 2X. It's an awesome experience.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

You end up buying that super Mario bros the other day after the price dropped to the range you would pay for it?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

You end up buying that super Mario bros the other day after the price dropped to the range you would pay for it?

Nope. No one responded to my messages, even the guys that claimed they had one to sell me.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Correct MinusWorlds helps me with all my pin stuff. He is a great guy.
How is the game playing? I destroyed the ring 2X. It's an awesome experience.

Game plays great. Only issues were the ring was actually broken, usual lockdown bar wear. Replaced both. Keeping it as I have the space. Stop by if you are in Naples. MinusWorlds was a gentleman through of it all.

#30 5 years ago

I was offered $8300 cash for my LE, but it had LED's, color dmd and invisiglass

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Is OP on crystal meth?
*Edited to add pic*, comment seemed rude without reference
[quoted image]

cosmokramer How old are you? Your elderly ringtone level is showing.

20190119_213345.jpg20190119_213345.jpg

#32 5 years ago

If I were Stern, this and Tron would be the first VEs I would make, IMHO. There are enough TSPP, as that is the only other highly rated one possible or I guess ST too.
But you will not get a Gold Finger with the LOTRVE, just saying) Unless they do a James Bond Medley)

#33 5 years ago

Just sold mine for $7600 in 2 hours. I will be sad to see it leave my collection! GLWTS!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-limited-edition-17?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.