IMG_7188 (resized).jpg
IMG_7190 (resized).jpg
IMG_7189 (resized).jpg
IMG_7183 (resized).jpg
IMG_7184 (resized).jpg
IMG_7182 (resized).jpg
IMG_7181 (resized).jpg
IMG_7188 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Lord of the Rings

Added: 2017-02-01 17:41:21 UTC • Ended: February 3rd, 2017
Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 6,999

THIS IS THE CLOSEST LOR YOU COULD FIND TO NIB, WITHOUT THE BOX...
IT IS AS IT CAME OUT OF THE BOX...IT SAT COVERED IN A ROOM SINCE PULLED OUT OF THE BOX, I DONT KNOW IF IT HAS EVER BEEN PLAYED...
MUST SEE !!!! PLAYFIELD HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN LIFTED, EXCEPT MAYBE WHEN TAKEN OUT OF BOX TO BET THE LEG BOLTS ...
WOULD TRADE FOR AN AC/DC PREMIUM...
20 MINUTES NW OF CHICAGO...
WILL SHIP

Item photos

IMG_7188 (resized).jpg
IMG_7181 (resized).jpg
IMG_7182 (resized).jpg
IMG_7184 (resized).jpg
IMG_7183 (resized).jpg
IMG_7189 (resized).jpg
IMG_7190 (resized).jpg
IMG_7188 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are mobilexx's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to mobilexx's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 6,000

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Inverness, IL, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 179.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

#3 7 years ago

Box

#4 7 years ago

Great price

#5 7 years ago

Wish I was closer...meet half way?

#6 7 years ago

Wasnt your price like $5500 a second ago?

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Was this like $5500 a second ago?

Yes it was but he must have gotten flooded with PM's. At $6,999 I'm out.

#9 7 years ago

Ya, I PM'd him at 5500 I was in, 6999 is too much for me. Claims he originally miss-priced it, which happens.......

#10 7 years ago

NOoB (New Out of Box) = New HUO term, regarding games of which neither of the terms is decidably distinguishable.

It is simply another example of a potentially home low use stock game with "less than 200 plays", none of which can be determined.

Actually increasing ironic when a person considers relevence in the current market.

Interesting description, but you may want to research your pinball terminology, and consult an English grammar book, dictionary and ettiquette guide before posting.

The ad as currently written makes the game sound incredibly unrealistic, unless you regularly install legs on a game with the playfield in maintenance position. I have never tried this myself, but it sounds rather challenging.

Can you teach an old Jedi a new trick?

GLWS.

#11 7 years ago

Wow,

I'm next to this suburb.

GLWS.

#12 7 years ago

why are you pricing a regular lord of rings for the price of an le? Does this even have mods? This should be priced around 5500 maybe 5800 on a good day!

#13 7 years ago

Price change.....NOT SO GREAT PRICE

#14 7 years ago

$10K by Xmas.

#15 7 years ago

This ad has a couple things that bother me.

How can someone say PLAYFIELD HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN LIFTED, EXCEPT MAYBE WHEN TAKEN OUT OF BOX TO BET THE LEG BOLTS ...

among other things in the ad that are over done.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

This ad has a couple things that bother me. That and a friend of mine agreed to buy it at the original posted price, only to get rug pulled out from under him.
How can someone say PLAYFIELD HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN LIFTED, EXCEPT MAYBE WHEN TAKEN OUT OF BOX TO BET THE LEG BOLTS ...
among other things in the ad that are over done.

Did the OP agree to sell it to your friend at that price?

#17 7 years ago

Yes, friend agreed to to buy it, poster went to move it to Pending Sale, when he realized he advertised it at too low of a price. Honest mistake? Maybe, probably, who knows? Maybe he got a ton of interest at the price he chose, and jacked it up much higher once he realized that. Maybe not, again who knows. Easy to give the OP the benefit of the doubt on this one, but it still stinks. I think the ad is ridiculously over stated on several things. Maybe that should be a red flag.

I am also jaded, as my friend is working on buying his first pin, and this is his second fail on a LOTR using pinside. On the other occasion he wired money for the sale, while arranging shipping, he got a call saying there was a flood above the game and the game was damaged. Good news he did get his money back, only to watch the same game be sold a few months (without disclosure or any evidence of flood damage) later at a higher price....

People - learn to make and honor commitments, it will serve you well.

Rant over.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Yes, friend agreed to to buy it, poster went to move it to Pending Sale, when he realized he advertised it at too low of a price. Honest mistake? Maybe, probably, who knows?

too low of a price? he originally had it priced just right not too low. wasn't it priced at 5500? that's about right maybe a touch on the low side but not much. what do you think an huo lotr with no mods should be priced at?

#19 7 years ago

I mean if someone wants to pay $6k for this and that is fine and all, but this is completely stock. Put LED's in and it needs an LCD OCD so that would put you back around $300, color DMD $425, Palantir mod $150 and some other minor things and you would be at $7000. Then you play it 300 times and it becomes like any other HUO LOTR with mods which is not worth near $7000. And I own a HUO LOTR.

#20 7 years ago

Man this price jump in the last couple of months on this title is crazy. Reminds me of Iron Man(time for a vault edition Stern). Holy pinflation Batman. I do have to say that that shooter lane does look nice and it does look like a truly low play LOTR. I found one months back that also is extremely low play and pristine. I actually decided to keep it all original except for the Palintir mod. I like the golden look of the stock machine and I actually prefer this classic machine to stay stock. If I were to have the choice between a minty stock or a minty modded machine with LED's, I would choose the stock one. Not everyone wants mods, and sometimes mods do not add value.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

too low of a price? he originally had it priced just right not too low. wasn't it priced at 5500? that's about right maybe a touch on the low side but not much. what do you think an huo lotr with no mods should be priced at?

You are misunderstanding my point. I agree the price was fair. My friend had a deal, and then he backed out and upped the price. Could be an honest mistake that he mis priced it, or could be that he got a deal real fast, and lots of other interest, and decided to back out of the deal and raise the price to try and get more. Who knows...

#22 7 years ago

I sold a modded HUO LOTR for $5500 about a year back...wish I didn't now. I wouldn't deal with someone who popped the price up though. Not cool.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

I am also jaded, as my friend is working on buying his first pin, and this is his second fail on a LOTR using pinside. On the other occasion he wired money for the sale, while arranging shipping, he got a call saying there was a flood above the game and the game was damaged. Good news he did get his money back, only to watch the same game be sold a few months (without disclosure or any evidence of flood damage) later at a higher price....

Who was the pinsider or can you link the FS add? I'd like to know whom this is (as I'm sure others would to) so we don't do business with them in the future. That is shady on multiple levels.

#24 7 years ago

This game is going to sit. No way anyone would give up $7K for a non modded LOTR. There are plenty on nice ones out there in the mid 5's. If I were the OP I would remove the ad and list on Craigslist for a month and see what happens. Then put it back on Pinside for $5,500.

#25 7 years ago

it went for sale on facebook around the same time for the $6999 price, so I would guess at honest mistake, too. I could totally see the disappointment, but I guess I lean toward giving benefit of doubt until there's a pattern.

I've seen him on Facebook a few times with items, no ones voiced and concerns there that I've noticed.

Now, he is in Illinois and probably a Bears fan, not a Packers fan, but that's a whole other problem.

my 2 cents

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from ramsfan:

Maybe he got a ton of interest at the price he chose, and jacked it up much higher once he realized that.

I have had this happen a few times before on for sale ads and when it comes to that I am out. There was a Pinbot local to me and I told the person I was interested and he came back at me saying there was a lot of interest and he increased the price on me. I am not getting in a bidding war. Once that happens, the seller won't hear back from me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.50
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lord-of-the-rings-12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.