New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 257253)

For sale: Lord of the Rings

By AtlantaMikel

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by pinlink
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E38CCC41-9FD5-4BE9-9452-8754465930B7 (resized).png
gbljskdhf (resized).jpg
2881B60C-C69A-4D38-B8F1-AACF8A5E095F (resized).png
102-0230_IMG (resized).JPG
IMG_0199 (resized).JPG
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0196 (resized).JPG
IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0195 (resized).JPG
IMG_0193 (resized).JPG
IMG_0192 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 10 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Lord of the Rings

Added: December 10th, 2019 Ended: December 16th, 2019
Condition: NOB - New out of box (first owner)

Item description

Single owner, game in great shape, embarrassed to admit only 188 games played.

Cash & carry only.

Item photos

102-0230_IMG (resized).JPG
IMG_0192 (resized).JPG
IMG_0193 (resized).JPG
IMG_0195 (resized).JPG
IMG_0196 (resized).JPG
IMG_0197 (resized).JPG
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0199 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Marietta, GA, US

Seller insights

These are AtlantaMikel's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to AtlantaMikel's stats page

#2 10 months ago

New user, first time poster, nice machine, reasonable price...

What's going on here?!

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Someone will be along to complain. There can be no other way.

Beautiful Machine. Would that it was 1000 miles closer.

#4 10 months ago

Like looking in the past.

#5 10 months ago

Wow!!! Great price!!!

...looking up the drive time on waze right now...

#6 10 months ago

Careful...

#8 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Why is this still available??!

It's too far away!

#9 10 months ago
Quoted from guitarded:

It's too far away!

At this price, you could ship it and still have one heck of an awesome bargain.

#10 10 months ago

PM sent no reply ? Also tried number on
The box ?

Says joined pinside 12-10-2019 ?????

#11 10 months ago

It’s for sale on Craigslist for $7000

Ahhhh ??? WTF

2881B60C-C69A-4D38-B8F1-AACF8A5E095F (resized).png
#12 10 months ago

‘‘Tis the season to get scammed

#13 10 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What's going on here?!

It’s Bullshit that’s what's going on !

#14 10 months ago

What’s embarrassing about 188 plays

Hello !! SCAM

#15 10 months ago

OP - Looks like some concerns about a possible scam. If not the case, post a picture with your username written on a piece of paper on the playfield. Actually surprised pinside hasn't taken up this requirement for selling items, especially for new posters. It's grown pretty common on the car forums I'm on now.

#16 10 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

OP - Looks like some concerns about a possible scam. If not the case, post a picture with your username written on a piece of paper on the playfield. Actually surprised pinside hasn't taken up this requirement for selling items, especially for new posters. It's grown pretty common on the car forums I'm on now.

EDIT: this is a photoshop and is absolutely not my machine.

Please just use common sense and don't give somebody money you don't know or trust in advance!
gbljskdhf (resized).jpg

#17 10 months ago

$5948 seam like the right price to me. $7000 is way to high.

#18 10 months ago

I don’t know what’s worse ?
Porch Pirates or pinball scammers ?
A friend of mine got burned for $5K for a Spiderman pin on Mr Pinball recently

I catch a guy stealing anything of my porch he’s gonna be on a Milk Carton

#19 10 months ago

Looks like Gorilla called the scammer out, is this ad taken down yet?

#20 10 months ago

Can we trace this guy by his IP address and give him a proper welcoming?

#21 10 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Looks like Gorilla called the scammer out, is this ad taken down yet?

LOL I actually didn't. I photoshopped that onto one of the OP's pictures to prove how simple it is to fake a pice of paper on a machine with your name on it. I thought my sarcasm would have revealed that but woops!

There's no proof this is a scam, but please... don't ever send somebody you don't know money because of a piece of paper on it. Very easy to fake. Case in point, I'm a complete moron and I did it

#22 10 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

LOL I actually didn't. I photoshopped that onto one of the OP's pictures to prove how simple it is to fake a pice of paper on a machine with your name on it. I thought my sarcasm would have revealed that but woops!
There's no proof this is a scam, but please... don't ever send somebody you don't know money because of a piece of paper on it. Very easy to fake. Case in point, I'm a complete moron and I did it

I only noticed it because the lighting wasn't quite correct. If somebody spends more time on this it may be impossible without some analysis tool to figure out with the naked eye.

#23 10 months ago
Quoted from 85vett:

If not the case, post a picture with your username written on a piece of paper on the playfield.

The sellers name is on the on the shipping label on the box in several photos. Does it matter if they are asking more on CL? Perhaps expecting to negotiate with CL buyers?

The weird thing is the the Palantír target is dirty and worn on the side, so I expect this pin has more that 188 plays. Maybe 188 since the last battery change. Anyway, buyer beware as always.

#24 10 months ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I only noticed it because the lighting wasn't quite correct. If somebody spends more time on this it may be impossible without some analysis tool to figure out with the naked eye.

Absolutely. If I spent more than 30 seconds on it I could make it perfect. And so could many potential scam artists. But I suppose I should use my time at work to do what they pay me for haha.

#25 10 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The sellers name is on the on the shipping label on the box in several photos. Does it matter if they are asking more on CL? Perhaps expecting to negotiate with CL buyers?

Yes, no pitchforks please haha. A new poster with a decent deal is always subject to scrutiny and rightfully so, but in this case I think it's just somebody trying to sell their game that is not super active in the hobby. Hopefully somebody local can pick this up, it's not a steal by any means but a great price for a low play LOTR.

#26 10 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Can we trace this guy by his IP address and give him a proper welcoming?

Never mind. Lol. Gorilla got me.

#27 10 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

What’s embarrassing about 188 plays
Hello !! SCAM

it's embarrassing to own games and only play them so little. This hobby is about playing games, not sitting and looking at them.

#28 10 months ago

Has anyone called the phone number on the box?

That address is about 5 minutes from my house, so if anyone needs to get eyes on it, let me know.

#29 10 months ago

First warning sign. New member who is implying he bought a NIB Lord of the Rings and was the only owner........ just now joins Pinside. This Dude would have been here years ago!

#30 10 months ago

Reading this, the very first thing I thought was "scam." Too good to be true. Has the box? Super low plays? Brand new user who is super polite? Get the hell outta here with this shit.

#31 10 months ago
Quoted from Floyd:

First warning sign. New member who is implying he bought a NIB Lord of the Rings and was the only owner........ just now joins Pinside. This Dude would have been here years ago!

I wouldn't be so sure. I bought my LoTR from exactly the kind of guy you're suspicious of. Family guy wanted to buy something cool for his family for Christmas, decided on a NIB LoTR, and wasn't a pinhead or even active in the hobby. Didn't know where to go to sell it, but had an acquaintance who was in the hobby. He could have easily ended up on here too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/156#post-4206852

#32 10 months ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I wouldn't be so sure. I bought my LoTR from exactly the kind of guy you're suspicious of. Family guy wanted to buy something cool for his family for Christmas, decided on a NIB LoTR, and wasn't a pinhead or even active in the hobby. Didn't know where to go to sell it, but had an acquaintance who was in the hobby. He could have easily ended up on here too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/156#post-4206852

This is kinda funny - the guy posts a sales ad and 8 hours later he has a lynch mob with pitchforks and torches in front of his house.

#33 10 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

EDIT: this is a photoshop and is absolutely not my machine.
Please just use common sense and don't give somebody money you don't know or trust in advance!
[quoted image]

Fair enough but that's more why I said on the PF and not on the glass. I should have been more specific. Much harder to fake that, but yes, still possible.

It's not a fail safe as I don't think anything is other than going in person (which can still be risky in of itself) but it's another deterrent.

This one is hard for me to straight up call a scam. Maybe I'm trying to see the good but I don't see anything outside of being new to the site as being a major red flag. For what it's worth I've sold a couple of games on pinside, all of which were people that didn't even post on here. There are a lot of lurkers around here. Heck, my AC/DC is pending right now to someone that is super new to the site. He's been in the hobby for a while but just not active on pinside. SUPER nice person. We met in person to look at my game. Just saying, it's possible it's legit but as with everything you should always be cautious.

#34 10 months ago
Quoted from Floyd:

Also bought my LOTR from someone just like this. Had about 250 plays on it. Pinside only makes up a small percent of pinball owners.

#35 10 months ago

I bet it's legit.

Probably found this site, posted it for sale, then got slammed with PM's and people posting things like "how is this still for sale???" and "Great price".

Decided to raise his price and throw it on Craigslist. I really don't see anything too suspicious here.

If you're interested, just set up a time to go see it in person. Never send anyone cash that you don't know very well and trust.

#36 10 months ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Also bought my LOTR from someone just like this. Had about 250 plays on it. Pinside only makes up a small percent of pinball owners.

Very true. I know some SERIOUS pinheads that rarely (or in some cases, never) get on pinside.

Having said that...it sure would be nice to hear from the seller in this discussion thread...

#37 10 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Very true. I know some SERIOUS pinheads that rarely (or in some cases, never) get on pinside.
Having said that...it sure would be nice to hear from the seller in this discussion thread...

He is probably fortifying his house right now - boarding up windows, digging a moat, cleaning the mortar - since somebody said they were only 5 minutes away and he heard the sound of knives being sharpened.

#38 10 months ago

Are you guys still giving this guy the thumbs up ? WTF
Now he lowered the price, took the picture of the box out of the ad ?
He won’t answer the phone?he told me way too many emails to return ? Just text
Me wondering how I got his number ?
Won’t return calls ? Has anyone gone to look ?

How many guys join pinside and donate
Money on the same day ?

SCAM

E38CCC41-9FD5-4BE9-9452-8754465930B7 (resized).png
#39 10 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Money on the same day ?
SCAM[quoted image]

I'm not saying this isn't a scam, but to be honest you seem a little over bearing. Maybe they don't want to sell/ship to someone in California and they are brushing you off. This one has enough red flags to be a local transaction only. After all of the posts here, I would also remove the picture with my address. It's possible they didn't get as much interest as people believe and lowered the price accordingly. I typically will have the price a little higher on Craigslist as well, although not thousands higher. Price is good and anyone that is interested should just go look at it. I would not recommend any type of payment and ship option.

Also, don't scammers typically use email rather than texts? I posted something on Craigslist the other day and received a half dozen texts stating "I'm interested, please respond to my email xxxxx@gmail.com".

#40 10 months ago
Quoted from whitey:

Money on the same day ?
SCAM[quoted image]

You just WANT this to be a scam so you don't feel like you missed out on a deal you want.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside