Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by volcanodiver
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah purple just doesn't photograph well. Agree. Looks great in person

If you know how to take a picture purple will photograph fine. The problem is colored GI in general looks like ass, it's not the photographs fault. The photograph only records reality.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

because its a discussion forum, not the classifieds in the back of a newspaper.

Is your name Rick?

Bump for a good deal, love the purple LED's.

#53 3 years ago

If you know how to take a picture purple will photograph fine. The problem is colored GI in general looks like ass, it's not the photographs fault. The photograph only records reality.

Ouch haha I'm no photographer.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Is your name Rick?
Bump for a good deal, love the purple LED's.

Thanks iceman

#55 3 years ago

That's a pretty damn nice STTNG.

#56 3 years ago

Man I think the pics zmeny's post are some of the best ones on for sale threads. Always from good angles, clear, multiple photos. Iv learned that every one has a differing opinion on what looks good with LED. Some are purist and will only do a warm white, some go full color but in my opinion tastfule, others go skittle on the thing. I think to a point color LED has helped bring some people in to the hobby. Can make a 20yr machine look almost new again. Almost like VHS to Blu ray. An update of sorts. But the good thing is for $50-100 and a few minutes to a few hours you can LED it to your liking and have the game fit the look you want!

#57 3 years ago

Beautiful Game great seller

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because, for the 800th time, it's a forum and if you don't want it in the forum you can just put it in the marketplace.

TheLaw is 100% correct. When a for sale ad is linked to the forum by the seller the seller can expect conversation including discussion on price...sellers normally don't mind this as they get free bumps to the top.

#60 3 years ago

you are incorrect on both points. I am speaking as someone whose game (with purple GI) won a CometPinball contest on here a few years back for best custom lighting on a pinball machine.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you are incorrect on both points. I am speaking as someone whose game (with purple GI) won a CometPinball contest on here a few years back for best custom lighting on a pinball machine.

No I'm not, if you have a camera that's designed for visible light that's what it will record. If you know how to use it you can photograph colors just fine. Am I supposed to be impressed you color bombed a game and won an award from a company that sells color bombing supplies?
The way digital cans work is with a filter they are most sensitive in green. You have a crappy exposure and white balance in those pics, but the focus is good.

#62 3 years ago

Man, I wish I could afford this game. Beautiful specimen and a theme my entire family would love.

#63 3 years ago

You know, even if the colored GI isn't your thang, it's a couple hours work to swap it out to white...

This is a beautiful example and someone will be very lucky to pick it up.

#64 3 years ago

I still can't believe this game has not sold! I'm out of space for the time being (that is, physical space and wife tolerance space )

But this game is on my wishlist - would love to pick it up some day. Too bad it's not a -liiitle- closer to me. There's a STTNG for sale about an hour from me for $4800 that is decent and this one absolutely blows it away.

#65 3 years ago

No I'm not, if you have a camera that's designed for visible light that's what it will record. If you know how to use it you can photograph colors just fine. Am I supposed to be impressed you color bombed a game and won an award from a company that sells color bombing supplies?
The way digital cans work is with a filter they are most sensitive in green. You have a crappy exposure and white balance in those pics, but the focus is good.

Thanks for proving my point that purple GI is difficult to photograph for most people. you just argued that you need to know a bunch of photography jargon to get it right. Color balance? Exposure? 99% of the people here including me take photos with their iPhone on the default settings, so yeah by your own argument, the colors will end up more pronounced than in real life -- which is was what you originally denied.

Your photography snootiness has actually weakened your attempt at pinball mod snootiness, haha.

anyway, the contest had literally hundreds of entrants, and multiple judges, so yeah I do think that's a pretty good indication that your insults towards my game don't carry much weight. I actually receive PMs all the time asking for advice on LEDs and modding STTNG, and anyone that comes over always points out how amazing it looks, even though it's sitting right next to a WOZ.

(Free bump, GLWS! )

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

actually colored bulbs for GI's and backboxes looks like ass all the time. I'm going to be doing a lengthy explaination thread from an artists perspective why people should stop doing this, and the pros and cons of it. And the very very rare times, you can get away with it. which is about 1% of situations.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually colored bulbs for GI's and backboxes looks like ass all the time.

In this case, I think it's a really nice tight ass you could bounce quarters off of!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from c508:

In this case, I think it's a really nice tight ass you could bounce quarters off of!

more like a loose sloppy ass.

#69 3 years ago

Looks nice to me. If someone wants to buy it but is insulted by the GI bulbs I'll take 50 off so they can replace them with plastic-warping, board torching incadescents.

#70 3 years ago

by bulbs, i'm mean straight white. Can be LED or Incadescents. As long as they are white light.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Thanks for proving my point that purple GI is difficult to photograph for most people. you just argued that you need to know a bunch of photography jargon to get it right. Color balance? Exposure? 99% of the people here including me take photos with their iPhone on the default settings, so yeah by your own argument, the colors will end up more pronounced than in real life -- which is was what you originally denied.
Your photography snootiness has actually weakened your attempt at pinball mod snootiness, haha.
anyway, the contest had literally hundreds of entrants, and multiple judges, so yeah I do think that's a pretty good indication that your insults towards my game don't carry much weight. I actually receive PMs all the time asking for advice on LEDs and modding STTNG, and anyone that comes over always points out how amazing it looks, even though it's sitting right next to a WOZ.
(Free bump, GLWS! )

It's not hard, you apparently just can't figure out how to do it. Even phones have camera settings. Take a pic look at it, does it look like shit. Yes, take another with diff settings, less shitty, adjust in same direction try again. It's pretty simple. Its quicker if you know what you're doing, but you don't have to. I've got an award for one of mine at a show also. It's got white lights, it looks good in pics and in real life. Big deal.

#72 3 years ago

Man I will tell you that if it was that simple every one would be a photographer. And I can tell tell you not every thing photographs the way it looks in person. I'm a actor and print model and I have seen tons of people who look normal or some what unattractive and photograph beautifully and others who are so beautiful in person but for what ever reason don't photograph well or don't look good on film. I can't explain to you why but it happens!!!!

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Man I will tell you that if it was that simple every one would be a photographer. And I can tell tell you not every thing photographs the way it looks in person. I'm a actor and print model and I have seen tons of people who look normal or some what unattractive and photograph beautifully and others who are so beautiful in person but for what ever reason don't photograph well or don't look good on film. I can't explain to you why but it happens!!!!

It's simple those photographers are going to be using real cameras, not phones. They don't know how to use them, of they do know how to use them, and Photoshop. But to just take a pic of a machine that's not blown out is not that difficult even with a phone.

#74 3 years ago

New widebody glass forgot to list bump

#75 3 years ago

You guys can argue about anything - bump

A, B, C, D list
Average sale price of a STTNG
Mod choices and their resale value
GI lighting color choices
How to take a picture

All we need now are arguments if STTNG is better than Ghostbusters....

#76 3 years ago

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing, but enjoy the discussion.

#77 3 years ago

Another hundred off bump. Would love a trade for a whirlwind/Popeye combo

#78 3 years ago

Good game, good seller. My friend was the previous owner of this game and had all of the powder coating, Borg ship painting, and led ocd'ing done. The playfield is immaculate, the cab is in very good if not excellent condition. For mister volcano spewing his photography BS over here, pics will not do the powder coat justice. The game is gorgeous. I'm sorry I was unable to make it over to his house to meet the buyer as it sounded like he is a stand up guy. . . . BUMP.

PS I would have been all over your Riverboat Gambler if I wasn't out of room. System 11's 4 Life! WOOT!

#79 3 years ago

If only you were in Ontario, and/or the dollar was at par.

#80 3 years ago

Where did you get that topper?

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Where did you get that topper?

Built the topper using an enterprise toy. Blue leds hooked to GI to illuminate the ship and red flasher wired inside ship to interact with game. Willing to build one or two if anyone is interested PM me or I can walk you through what I did.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

Good game, good seller. My friend was the previous owner of this game and had all of the powder coating, Borg ship painting, and led ocd'ing done. The playfield is immaculate, the cab is in very good if not excellent condition. For mister volcano spewing his photography BS over here, pics will not do the powder coat justice. The game is gorgeous. I'm sorry I was unable to make it over to his house to meet the buyer as it sounded like he is a stand up guy. . . . BUMP.
PS I would have been all over your Riverboat Gambler if I wasn't out of room. System 11's 4 Life! WOOT!

Much appreciated man. The powdercoating is sharp I agree. Blueish purple depending on the angle of viewing

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from Swainer80:

the photo stuff isn't about the pc, its about the terrible GI pics.

#84 3 years ago

Down 100 again. Ready to play another machine. Gonna have to give this thing away

#85 3 years ago

the photo stuff isn't about the pc, its about the terrible GI pics.

Good lord let it go already. If you hate colored GI spend $40 on comet warm white and 10 minutes of your life and change them out. If you like colored GI then you know it doesn't photo well unless you are experience with photography and you don't care because you know you are going to like it in person.

OP, price is perfect at this point, been following along and thought from the beginning around $5200 and someone would not be able to stand it anymore.

#86 3 years ago

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Good lord let it go already. If you hate colored GI spend $40 on comet warm white and 10 minutes of your life and change them out. If you like colored GI then you know it doesn't photo well unless you are experience with photography and you don't care because you know you are going to like it in person.
OP, price is perfect at this point, been following along and thought from the beginning around $5200 and someone would not be able to stand it anymore.

Right on man thanks

#88 3 years ago

In the third picture there is a light reflecting on the lower left. Horrible. It's so easy to remove that with about a thousand dollars in studio lights and a $500 digital camera with tripod. Not sure why people don't take the extra few minutes to take a proper portrait.

Bump.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

clearly perfect price, thats why its not sold yet

#90 3 years ago

the last set of pics are actually much better exposed, its not completely blown out. they also show why colored GI is bad. Look at the color differences in the art between the lit and unlit versions. This is not good.

#91 3 years ago

the last set of pics are actually much better exposed, its not completely blown out. they also show why colored GI is bad. Look at the color differences in the art between the lit and unlit versions. This is not good.

dude you don't need to repeat your opinion every time this thread is bumped. we get it, you are a snob about photography and you think your preference is the only valid one regarding LEDs. we haven't forgotten in the day or so since you last posted the same thing. don't you think 14 times in one thread is enough?

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

dude you don't need to repeat your opinion every time this thread is bumped. we get it, you are a snob about photography and you think your preference is the only valid one regarding LEDs. we haven't forgotten in the day or so since you last posted the same thing. don't you think 14 times in one thread is enough?

oh get over yourself, clearly its not enough, like you and thumbs down. What part of the last pics were better did you miss? what part of the work itself is well done did you not understand? is it factually wrong that the art colors are drastically different in the LED lit, vs ambient lit images?

its a freaking discussion forum you snob about ugly lighting.

waiting for the thumbs down! 3,2,1...

#93 3 years ago

oh get over yourself, clearly its not enough, like you and thumbs down. What part of the last pics were better did you miss? what part of the work itself is well done did you not understand? is it factually wrong that the art colors are drastically different in the LED lit, vs ambient lit images?
its a freaking discussion forum you nimrod.
waiting for the thumbs down! 3,2,1...

Lol, you of all people whining about thumbs down.

Free bump for the OP. Someone buy it before I have to.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

dude you don't need to repeat your opinion every time this thread is bumped.

And you have to reply to him. Over and over and no one has ever proved the other wrong.

Bump

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And you have to reply to him. Over and over and no one has ever proved the other wrong.
Bump

If the seller was bothered at this point I'd ask them to take further discussion to PM, but the seller doesn't seem to mind the bumps to the top so they can continue their photography and colorization debate as far as I'm concerned.

That said, Pezpunk being called a nimrod is getting a warning moderation (no name calling guys...). Pezpunk saying he is a "snob about photography" I'm not deeming a personal insult (just my personal opinion).

Here's another bump.

#96 3 years ago

Do not mind the discussion at all. Makes me smile, especially when many for sale threads include no pics, minimal pics, blurry pics, wrong pics, sneaky pics, etc. and no comments. It would be different if I was selling a dog of a machine then Id be upset because someone is highlighting what I'm hiding, but I'm not that guy. Machine is awesome and looking forward to someone having it in their collection. someone hook me up with a Lord of the Rings! I'll add cash for a nice one

#97 3 years ago

Part of the reason this might not be selling is the missing cabinet decal sections on the front and left side. The area has been painted black so it blends in pretty well, but serious buyers will look really closely at the pics before making an offer.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lol, you of all people whining about thumbs down.
Free bump for the OP. Someone buy it before I have to.

who's whining about the thumbs down? I find it hilarious.

#99 3 years ago

Dropped another 200! Let's get this thing sold or traded for a Lotr!

#100 3 years ago

Will be gone before the weekend is over at that price!

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside