B3D92DC9-8845-4221-AFF7-5BC2DAC038BE.gif
B0A18D93-C74A-48F9-8BBC-B86283A05FC7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0024 (resized).JPG
ajaxaddtocartsite (resized).jpg
AFE45CBC-1709-4B78-872E-AA8E1F84665A (resized).jpeg
michael-jordan-pinball-machine-2 (resized).jpg
567f0886c3d9cc98598ed421388f968cd13897f49132c7c4499063dd0e955f87 (resized).jpg
M Jordan pinball (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Lethal Weapon/Michael Jordan

Featured Ad

Added: 2019-03-06 19:01:41 UTC • Ended: March 18th, 2019
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 9,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

"Lethal Jordan". A one-of-a-kind Michael Jordan/LW3 pinball machine w/ one-of-a-kind backglass art.

Data East pinball requested myself to create new Michael Jordan artwork to be incorporated onto the Limited Edition Michael Jordan pinball machines that were auctioned off annually at the Michael Jordan Foundation benefit dinner. The prototype artwork ended up not being reproduced with the other Michael Jordan LE pins. As a gesture, Data East gifted myself the Michael Jordan dmd rom software & the artwork reproduced on a translite backglass. The backglass & the software were added to the LW3 pin, then customized in black with red & white Kai Art logo making it a one-of-a-kind pinball collectible.

This machine plays EXACTLY like the Limited Edition Michael Jordan pinball. Only difference is that the playfield, gun launcher, and cabinet are Lethal Weapon 3. All the game rules are the same. Bear in mind that this is NOT the LE Jordan pin with Jordan playfield and red 23 Jumpman cabinet, it is the LE Jordan game with the one-of-a-kind prototype Data East approved artwork translite backglass, dmd rom software & sounds, music etc., on a LW3 cabinet & playfield, customized.

Game is in good condition. Only 150+ plays. Comes with LW3 dmd rom programs (you get TWO different games), Lethal Weapon 3 Operations Manual along with (Bonus) optional button ball launcher with purchase. The 3 bottom right drop targets need adjustment to pop up after hit. Few minor hard-to-notice scratches on cabinet.

Plays great and is a one-of-a-kind piece!

Item photos

Air of Jordan (resized).jpg
M Jordan pinball (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are NYPinChamp93's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to NYPinChamp93's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Las Vegas, NV, US

#3 5 years ago

Well this should be fun.

#4 5 years ago

In for the fun...

#5 5 years ago

Ehh...well, since it's a customized game, it's likely to be worth considerably less, not more.

The real Michael Jordon game looks like this: https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3425

Collectors are more likely to see this game as being "ruined" rather than "improved".

It looks like the cabinet artwork was just painted over, so maybe the black paint can be removed without harming the original artwork underneath.

Also, I doubt the game has had only 150 plays in its entire lifetime. That's probably just since the last time the batteries were changed.

#6 5 years ago

So a retheme makes it worth 4x more? Nope. It's a retheme, not a prototype. Big difference. I personally wouldn't give 1500 for it, but that's my opinion. It's doesn't have any true collectability.

#7 5 years ago

Today in - "Why first time posters shouldn't be allowed to post FS ads".

Tune in tomorrow where the same s#it happens again.

#8 5 years ago

That translite is ugly compared to what it should be... What's the point with the field being LW3? I just don't even know

#9 5 years ago

"The cabinet is customized black with my Kai Art logo"

567f0886c3d9cc98598ed421388f968cd13897f49132c7c4499063dd0e955f87 (resized).jpg567f0886c3d9cc98598ed421388f968cd13897f49132c7c4499063dd0e955f87 (resized).jpg
#10 5 years ago

So painted cab added his “Logo”, check; new translite, check; new ROM, check; HIGH price, check.

150 Plays, check again

Haven’t we seen these LW3 Jordan things before, ah yes we have, and done better than this

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-data-east-michael-jordan-pinball-50k-one-of-a-kind
And
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/michael-jordan-pinball-machine-25k-ebay

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Also, I doubt the game has had only 150 plays in its entire lifetime. That's probably just since the last time the batteries were changed

Dude it is imamaculate! Please check your facts before you post. </troll>

I especially like the 3s that are still on the speaker grills and the topper. Really ties the whole theme together.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Dude it is imamaculate! Please check your facts before you post. &lt;/troll&gt;
I especially like the 3s that are still on the speaker grills and the topper. Really ties the whole theme together.

I think the gun ties the game in even better than the 3's. BTW, if you look close at the playfield, it hasn't even been altered. You'd think for this price that the playfield would have be repainted with Bulls-Jordan stuff and cleared.

#13 5 years ago

Popping popcorn......

#14 5 years ago

WTF is this hot mess

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from NYPinChamp93:

so you get TWO different games

You just get one butchered game.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I think the gun ties the game in even better than the 3's. BTW, if you look close at the playfield, it hasn't even been altered. You'd think for this price that the playfield would have be repainted with Bulls-Jordan stuff and cleared.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

You just get one butchered game.

You get half of 2 games in 1.

#17 5 years ago

I guess Michael Jordan has an uzi

#18 5 years ago

Why not retheme space jam?

#19 5 years ago

If they would of found a way to put a number 2 in from of the 3 on the speaker grill I would be in for for this at $9,000. I already have a LW3 but I don't have a MJ edition LW3 with Kai Art. "they got away"

#20 5 years ago

I don't get it, is it an LW3 playfield that still looks like a LW3 playfield ? What's the "MJ" code then ? MJ calls, dot graphics ?

#21 5 years ago

And people say Raven sucks?????

#22 5 years ago

I actually really like the stairs. It's very "Brady Bunch" feel but also come back around to being modern

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Why not retheme space jam?

Be quiet , that’s makes too much sense, you don’t understand Retro Classic moVie/ GOAT Sports Legend Art by samurai influenced street artists.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I actually really like the stairs. It's very "Brady Bunch" feel but also come back around to being modern

Now that’s Funny

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I don't get it, is it an LW3 playfield that still looks like a LW3 playfield ? What's the "MJ" code then ? MJ calls, dot graphics ?

Yes. OP installed the custom MJ code that was written for a one-off (or three-off, I guess) retheme that Data East made for a charity auction back in the 1990s. OP's machine has the code from that, with what appears to be a homemade MJ translite, stuck on a LW3 machine with the standard LW3 playfield, with the cabinet repainted to advertise the guy's art business. Hard to see how this machine is of value to anyone but the seller, but time will tell.

Here are some more pictures of what the actual, official MJ retheme looks like:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-michael-jordan-data-east-1992

#26 5 years ago

Shooting hoops with a gun?

Might have been better to do some whitemen can’t jump art instead.

#27 5 years ago

I am so happy for this thread. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. OP don't listen to the naysayers. You're sitting on gold. You know what you've got here. Don't let anyone lowball you. I can definitely see from the picture it's a cherry low play machine.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How could I miss the gun?! Probably because it comes with a button.

Quoted from Deez:

I am so happy for this thread. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. OP don't listen to the naysayers. You're sitting on gold. You know what you've got here. Don't let anyone lowball you. I can definitely see from the picture it's a cherry low play machine.

Oh come off it, the damn thing comes with legs... How cherry can it be?!

#29 5 years ago

And OP don’t upload anymore pics, one is more than enough for this sale

#30 5 years ago

I found this one, it was for sell for 50k. Looks quite amazing actually with the white rails

michael-jordan-pinball-machine-2 (resized).jpgmichael-jordan-pinball-machine-2 (resized).jpg
#31 5 years ago

I wonder if Robin can get Lethal Jordan added to the machine database? It's currently mislabeled as Michael Jordan.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I found this one, it was for sell for 50k. Looks quite amazing actually with the white rails[quoted image]

The rails look black to me, the wire forms look white though.

#33 5 years ago

This oddball piece reminds me of my favorite WTF pinball machine of all time!

Ladies and gents...La Retatta!

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4440&picno=34530

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I think the gun ties the game in even better than the 3's.

Entirely appropriate for the Chicago theme...

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Ha!

Maybe we should chop the legs in half and put it on cinder blocks and throw in some burning barrels in the background to really tie in the Chicago theme!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from racer_x:

Didn't MJ's dad get shot???? Just with a little touch up on the playfield, he could incorporate Danny Glover to look like MJ's dad. That would easily jump the game up in the 10k range......thoughts???

GLWTS OP bump

#37 5 years ago

Think this topic would be more appropriate if moved to:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-horror-pics

#38 5 years ago

Ok ok ok ok.....

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

The rails look black to me, the wire forms look white though.

My bad english in French wireforms are rails and rails are ... I dont know actually !

#40 5 years ago

Oh man, thats a great buy.....adding to cart right now!

ajaxaddtocartsite (resized).jpgajaxaddtocartsite (resized).jpg
#41 5 years ago

For some reason I started thinking about these.

AFE45CBC-1709-4B78-872E-AA8E1F84665A (resized).jpegAFE45CBC-1709-4B78-872E-AA8E1F84665A (resized).jpeg
#42 5 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Shooting hoops with a gun?

Shouldve been a Gilbert Arenas retheme

#43 5 years ago

This machine makes me sad.

#44 5 years ago

Heck I'll sell you my Deathball 2000 game for that much.

John

IMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG
#45 5 years ago

Please paint inside the cab black to match. That blue is driving me crazy.

Edit. Red would make sense as well.

#46 5 years ago

Almost forgot to show off my awesome MTN. Dew topper that I made for it. Gotta be worth $10K now.

John

#47 5 years ago

It's still using the exact same playfield as a LW3 and is not also MJ themed? This means the home-brew re-theme is only partially completed?

#48 5 years ago

Wow. Just...wow.

#49 5 years ago

This must be part of his "lost values" art collection.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Didn't MJ's dad get shot???? Just with a little touch up on the playfield, he could incorporate Danny Glover to look like MJ's dad. L
GLWTS OP bump

Yes he did. And dammit he was just about to retire too.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lethal-weapon-michael-jordan?hl=thegunnett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.