B3D92DC9-8845-4221-AFF7-5BC2DAC038BE.gif
B0A18D93-C74A-48F9-8BBC-B86283A05FC7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0024 (resized).JPG
ajaxaddtocartsite (resized).jpg
AFE45CBC-1709-4B78-872E-AA8E1F84665A (resized).jpeg
michael-jordan-pinball-machine-2 (resized).jpg
567f0886c3d9cc98598ed421388f968cd13897f49132c7c4499063dd0e955f87 (resized).jpg
M Jordan pinball (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

I think this is really o-din's first post on his new account and he's just messing with us.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This oddball piece reminds me of my favorite WTF pinball machine of all time!
Ladies and gents...La Retatta!
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4440&picno=34530

Oh, m'gosh! You funny! La Retata! ("The Round-up"!) Of course Robocop should have been Joe Friday's crosstown partner! They have the same all-business, uber-dry delivery!

"Clarence Boddicker? You're coming with me...right after this Jackpot!"

#53 5 years ago

And suddenly all LW3 pins went up in price. Of course sellers are including a free can of black spry paint.

#54 5 years ago

I still do not get why some people think pinside is an offshoot of EBay. If you would just spend 5 minutes looking at this site, you would figure out that with an ad like this you would be treated like fresh bacon on the next Jaws movie.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Popping popcorn......

I may even put butter on mine. Not good for my hips

#56 5 years ago

Funniest thing I've seen all week. ...But then, it is only Wednesday.

#57 5 years ago

The Price Ceiling is the Roof...

B0A18D93-C74A-48F9-8BBC-B86283A05FC7 (resized).jpegB0A18D93-C74A-48F9-8BBC-B86283A05FC7 (resized).jpeg
#58 5 years ago

“Hey you got Michael Jordan in my Joe Pesci!”

“Well you got Joe Pesci in my Michael Jordan!”
B3D92DC9-8845-4221-AFF7-5BC2DAC038BE.gifB3D92DC9-8845-4221-AFF7-5BC2DAC038BE.gif

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

The Price Ceiling is the Roof...
[quoted image]

I heard there is a pinsider who bought the wooden floor of the Tar Heels arena in 1982 to build a basketball court in his house, when they decided to build the new Dean Smith arena.

#60 5 years ago

Call me a sentimental old fool, but it warms my heart when Pinside gets 100 percent behind a cause.

#61 5 years ago
91wqCHu (resized).png91wqCHu (resized).png
#62 5 years ago

$800 by xmas.

#63 5 years ago

How is it that I wake up to only 2 new posts here? Come on pinside, you can do better. This could the new imamaculate thread!

#64 5 years ago

Shouldn't the price be $65,000 since this is clearly a prototype?

#65 5 years ago

Remember when o-din started a marketplace ad looking for a game and was banned form the marketplace? Good times.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Call me a sentimental old fool, but it warms my heart when Pinside gets 100 percent behind a cause.

I feel like when I first looked at this thread it had more than a few upvotes? Or was that another one?

#66 5 years ago

Actual footage of Michael Jordan seeing this pin.....

michaeljdog (resized).pngmichaeljdog (resized).png
#67 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes. OP installed the custom MJ code that was written for a one-off (or three-off, I guess) retheme that Data East made for a charity auction back in the 1990s. OP's machine has the code from that, with what appears to be a homemade MJ translite, stuck on a LW3 machine with the standard LW3 playfield, with the cabinet repainted to advertise the guy's art business. Hard to see how this machine is of value to anyone but the seller, but time will tell.
Here are some more pictures of what the actual, official MJ retheme looks like:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-michael-jordan-data-east-1992

That machine said about 150 plays as well.

Must be a great playing pin seeing it gets so many plays....

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I especially like the 3s that are still on the speaker grills

Just have to paint a 2 over the left one.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

That machine said about 150 plays as well.
Must be a great playing pin seeing it gets so many plays....

Yea, but that's like 90% of the pins posted on this site.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

$800 by xmas.

Maybe lower in the next 5 days lol

#72 5 years ago

Guess he didn't like our advise?

#73 5 years ago

Props to OP for putting it on eBay with no reserve.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I think the price is already higher than what he would have got here.

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

He could just cancel the auction before it ends if it doesn't get to a price he wants.

#76 5 years ago

I was turned onto this thread via the H2H podcast. I feel compelled, for some reason, to provide some amount of context...

A history lesson that I remember well as it was one of the first threads I personally had read on rgp that had industry folks respond to it: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.pinball/michael$20jordan$20gun$20shots/rec.games.pinball/iQl-ixVXj6k/16M7EIvXWLQJ

Assuming this seller is who I think it is, he might be posting for the first time on pinside, but he has been around pinball for a long, long time, and in fact won PAPA 1 (yes, ONE). That doesn't necessarily make this worth more, but I completely believe the story that he was contacted to art up the game, but then they decided to go in a different direction.

Do what you will with that information. I have met Kai IRL but it's been a large number of years since I've seen him.

#77 5 years ago

Looks like it's up to $1335

#78 5 years ago

I think id take best offer and walk away happy. lw3 would of sold for a lot more.

#79 5 years ago

Looks like he didn’t get his $9,000.

9DA4CE0A-67DF-4102-907E-CBF3482253CA (resized).png9DA4CE0A-67DF-4102-907E-CBF3482253CA (resized).png
#80 5 years ago

I can’t believe it went for 2k. I wonder if it was a shill bid to get it that high.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I can’t believe it went for 2k. I wonder if it was a shill bid to get it that high.

I was thinking it was just typical fleabay pinflation.

#82 5 years ago

too bad the OP did not give the background story in a general thread with more pictures and details. Turns out it is a HUO LW3 that he got in the 90s from a friend that purchased new. He was gifted the complete ROM set for his work on the art from DE. LW3 was rethemed for the 7 MJ23 games that were made.
Would have been a good general forum topic with details and to question the community on its worth and validity if any.
It was local to me, and my tech actually worked on the game and called to tell me about it and how it was pretty cool. I watched the auction, unknowing of this thread and was the high bidder. Im happy and excited to have it...Who knows, may put at AYCE Gogi for others to play/enjoy/bash. Either way pinball is fun...and this start sequence is amazing especially growing up a huge Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan fan.

#83 5 years ago

I'm not sure more explanation would have helped much, the market for this one was always going to be very limited. HUO or not, and cool backstory on the ROMs or not, at the end of the day it's a machine with Jordan software, an LW3 playfield, a homemade translite that doesn't look much like the ones that came with the official Jordan games, and a wacky cabinet paint job adding yet a third theme to the mix.

But it sounds like you're a happy buyer and hopefully the seller is pleased at $2k, which is more than most people here thought he would get for this machine. So all's well that ends well.

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-lethal-weapon-michael-jordan/page/2?hl=moto_bone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.