IMG_1386_(resized).JPG
IMG_1076_(resized).JPG
IMG_1077_(resized).JPG
IMG_1078_(resized).JPG
IMG_1080_(resized).JPG
IMG_1059_(resized).JPG
IMG_1061_(resized).JPG
IMG_1062_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Laser War (Data East, 1987)

Added: 2016-05-11 13:56:09 UTC • Ended: May 15th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Price

$ 1,100

Nice players Laser War here - $950 if gone by 5-15!!

Fully functional, except it is missing the left spinner (that I can't find for sale anywhere). Mylar is in good shape (no bubbling or lifting), plastics in good shape (some NOS), cab in good shape etc, see pics.

Pop area has wear, chrome ramp has a crack, center display has a bit of outgassing(?) on the top of one of the digits, other displays look good.

Comes with NOS black ramp (has a scuff or 2), NOS spinner sticker set(s), pop sticker set, flipper sticker set, manual, and a topper print.

Dial this bad boy in, pop in some LEDs, install the PC PS audio mod to rid of the hum and enjoy the show! Fun machine!

Thanks!

Item photos

IMG_1051_(resized).JPG
IMG_1075_(resized).JPG
IMG_1073_(resized).JPG
IMG_1074_(resized).JPG
IMG_1069_(resized).JPG
IMG_1068_(resized).JPG
IMG_1066_(resized).JPG
IMG_1063_(resized).JPG
IMG_1062_(resized).JPG
IMG_1061_(resized).JPG
IMG_1059_(resized).JPG
IMG_1080_(resized).JPG
IMG_1078_(resized).JPG
IMG_1077_(resized).JPG
IMG_1076_(resized).JPG
IMG_1386_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Harvs's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Harvs's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 950

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Pleasant Prairie, WI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 7 years ago

Price drop. I need this gone, it's in the middle of my game room!

Will drop $50 more off if you beat me in a game of LASER WAR! Beer of choice is free while here also.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Price drop. I need this gone, it's in the middle of my game room!
Will drop $50 more off if you beat me in a game of LASER WAR! Beer of choice is free while here also.

Sounds like my kind of seller. Good luck!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sounds like my kind of seller. Good luck!

Ha! Not much more I can offer.. Beer, food, and the lucky buyer goes home hungover and bloated with a unshopped Laser War! All for a measly 1K! Sounds like the perfect day in my opinion.

I will knock off another $50 if anyone can beat my loop record on Monday Night Football in one game (bring 25cents)! Now that's a steal!!

I will add more wild n crazy deals as the days go on.. Stay tuned..

#5 7 years ago

I regret selling mine bump

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I regret selling mine bump

I have 2 luckily, and my other is staying.

You're only 1800 miles away, could have her home in 60hrs flat! I'll toss in some ghosting LEDs and new leg levelers!

Hahaaa JK. Fun machine!

#7 7 years ago

It's definitely a game I want someday. I thought that sometimes speaker hum was a ground issue.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's definitely a game I want someday. I thought that sometimes speaker hum was a ground issue.

The DE hum can be minimized by trying things like tightening the screws tight, using plastic screws to keep the sound board out of the loop etc., but what works 100% is using a computer power supply and wiring it in. Takes about 30 min and the hum is GONE!

I have owned 10+ DE's and they all have had some sort of hum.

This unshopped spinner missing Laser War could be yours! If you jump in your ride now you could have her set up in your game room by dinner! I'll even fill your gas tank and windshield washer fluid for the trip home!

#9 7 years ago

Looks like a fun game! Nice descriptions and I would definitely take you up on the hangover if I was local. Good luck!

#10 7 years ago

Would totally grab this if closer!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looks like a fun game! Nice descriptions and I would definitely take you up on the hangover if I was local. Good luck!

This Laser War could be yours! You're only 6,496 miles away, could have this set up in your game room by lunch in a few grueling weeks, and at only 1,000,000 Korean Won! (which I accept btw).

Fun machine!

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Would totally grab this if closer!

Omaha.... stones throw away, a walk in the park. I could drive that in my sleep!

And you Sir, could be the proud new owner of this unshopped Laser War!

#13 7 years ago

This needs an award for the most interesting sales listing! lol

Is there something special about the left spinner that it would not be replaced with a blank one?

How was the playfiled around the pop bumpers touched up? It looks a bit rough. It seems like every laser war has wear there.

Does anyone make a replacement ion canon?

Thanks!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from e_lectro:

Is there something special about the left spinner that it would not be replaced with a blank one?

Or is it the whole thing missing? I was thinking the same thing.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Looks fairly standard to me. And the bracket is there, according to the OP's photos. (The photo below is from IPDB)

IPDB photoIPDB photo

#16 7 years ago

Mine had gorgar spinners on it when i got it. Shouldn't be hard to use a blank and throw the right stickers on it.

#17 7 years ago

Gorgar return to base?

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from e_lectro:

This needs an award for the most interesting sales listing! lol
How was the playfiled around the pop bumpers touched up? It looks a bit rough. It seems like every laser war has wear there.
Does anyone make a replacement ion canon?
Thanks!

Yes, we should vote on this!

Nothing special about the spinner really, the 'basic' ones from Marco have too long of wires so they hit the bracket and can't spin. Yes, I tried to bend my own and broke them.. Gave up. I will knock $50 off for the spinner if this game is picked up by this Sat!

Not sure what artist touched up the pops, I bought it that way. My other Laser War has one tiny spot of damage by the pops, but that Laser War would go for 10k+ so..

I have never seen a ION cannon repro.. This one is decent.

#19 7 years ago

SHOOT THE ION CANNON!

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nope, just the spinner. The switch, bracket and thingy that runs to the switch come with (you can see it in the pic of the goodie bag.)

I also installed the battery holder that is seen in the bag. I will knock $25 more off for doing that (if picked up by Sat).

#21 7 years ago

Price drop.. $950 takes it all if gone this wkend. -If my Wife b!tches at me one more time, I'm gonna pay you to take it!

PS gone over by John Wart, MPU straight from Chris Hibler..

#22 7 years ago

This is a fun game, but it's too bad it glamorizes laser warfare, which is a serious and potentially hazardous activity. I teach my children to respect and understand the importance of laser warfare safety, so I can't in good conscience purchase a game that turns it in to some kind of leisure sport.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

This is a fun game, but it's too bad it glamorizes laser warfare, which is a serious and potentially hazardous activity. I teach my children to respect and understand the importance of laser warfare safety, so I can't in good conscience purchase a game that turns it in to some kind of leisure sport.

The children deserve to shoot the ION cannon at least once, everybody does..

And at $950 for all or $850 without the extras, you cannot beat this deal!

#24 7 years ago

I wouldn't buy anything from this Guy.. He's to honest!!! A bump to you buddy.

#25 7 years ago

Harvs, love your 'lil Devil, where's he from?

Great ad, nice to see some sellers having fun and not trying to squeeze every last dollar outta potential buyers!

Amusement bumpity bump!!

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Harvs, love your 'lil Devil, where's he from?
Great ad, nice to see some sellers having fun and not trying to squeeze every last dollar outta potential buyers!
Amusement bumpity bump!!

Thanks!

The Devil is from an IGT Barcrest slot machine called Little Devil. I collect rarer slots also and that was my first Barcrest.

igt-barcrest-little-devil-top-glass-4_(resized).jpgigt-barcrest-little-devil-top-glass-4_(resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

You mean to tell me No One !!! In the Wisconsin area wants a working (Fun) pinball machine for $950.

#28 7 years ago

The way this man keeps knocking off $50 for anything this pin will be free by Monday!
Cool pin, good pics, nice guy. Someone buy this!

#29 7 years ago

Where are these deals in Ga? I'd love a Laser War for $950. Perfect first pin I'm thinking.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

The way this man keeps knocking off $50 for anything this pin will be free by Monday!
Cool pin, good pics, nice guy. Someone buy this!

If it's here Monday, I will pay $50! Gonna have to update the 'Price Check' on Laser Wars!

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Where are these deals in Ga? I'd love a Laser War for $950. Perfect first pin I'm thinking.

GA's not too far.. Maybe I will deliver it to you for an extra $20? Ha!

#32 7 years ago

If it gets to $800 I am going to ship this sob

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

-If my Wife b!tches at me one more time

Harvs wife is an angel and I seriously doubt she would do this. Sounds like a crafty ploy.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

If it gets to $800 I am going to ship this sob

I may do $800, but only if I can pay the shipping..

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Harvs wife is an angel and I seriously doubt she would do this. Sounds like a crafty ploy.

She SEEMS like an angel, Flank. But yes, I want it gone just as bad as she does!!

She want's her MAME arcade back where it belongs, right where this Laser War is!

If you can carry this up the stairs on your back, you can have it free. I will help by cheering you on!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

If you can carry this up the stairs on your back, you can have it free. I will help by cheering you on!

The pin or the Angel?

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The pin or the Angel?

Both

#38 7 years ago

My neighbor has one. Such a fun game! Someone buy this thing. Free bump

#39 7 years ago

How about some sort of arm wrestling match for the lot?

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

How about some sort of arm wrestling match for the lot?

Ok. But only if I can pick a good friend of mine to challenge you? - I'm 4'8, 79 1/2lbs clothed, so you'd prob win..

You lose the match, you buy for $250! Deal?

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Ok. But only if I can pick a good friend of mine to challenge you? - I'm 4'8, 79 1/2lbs clothed, so you'd prob win..
You lose the match, you buy for $250! Deal?

So even if I lose against your handpicked person I get pin+Angel for $250?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So even if I lose against your handpicked person I get pin+Angel for $250?

I forgot the 1 in front of the 250, my bad.. I'm sure we could work out some type o deal. Just as long as Laser War goes to a good home, that's all that matters to me!

#43 7 years ago

Here's a few more pics of this unshopped spinner missing $950 (with extras) Laser War.. Have a few people interested!

The clock is ticking!

IMG_1412_(resized).JPGIMG_1412_(resized).JPG

IMG_1413_(resized).JPGIMG_1413_(resized).JPG

IMG_1414_(resized).JPGIMG_1414_(resized).JPG

IMG_1415_(resized).JPGIMG_1415_(resized).JPG

IMG_1416_(resized).JPGIMG_1416_(resized).JPG

#45 7 years ago

Hi
Is this pinball machine still for sale
Thanks
Daryl
[email protected]

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from Skamra:

Hi
Is this pinball machine still for sale
Thanks
Daryl
[email protected]

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Looks like you got a live one Harvs...
I think they misspelled thier name though, scam isnt spelled with a K.

EDIT - After some quick googling, it seems he is legit.

I do have the young buck that was looking for $1000 pin coming to look/play today! Hope it goes to him actually! I may even toss in a gift card from PBL for LEDs etc. Just happy to see youngsters that enjoy pinball rather than those mind melting video games.

#49 7 years ago

This game is in digital stereo folks. Don't pass up the chance!

#50 7 years ago

If that guy and his dad don't get it, I will find a way to get up there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-laser-war-data-east-1987-1988 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.