(Topic ID: 126710)

For sale: Kiss (Premium/LE) (Stern, 2015)

By GAP

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12.jpg
11.jpg
9.jpg
7.jpg
5.jpg
10.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Stern-Kiss-LE-CaPlayfield.jpg
Stern-Kiss-LE-CabinetR2.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Kiss (Premium/LE) (Stern, 2015)

Added: 2015-05-06 21:34:34 UTC • Ended: May 21st, 2015
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Price

$ 8,195

Kiss Le New in Box. Late June delivery, limited run

Item photos

Stern-Kiss-LE-CabinetR2.jpg
Stern-Kiss-LE-CaPlayfield.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
10.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are GAP's market stats.

bronze Seller Level

GAP has the Pinside Bronze seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

99.0%

Go to GAP's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

West Chicago, IL, US

#2 8 years ago

that was fast

#4 8 years ago

Well played sir.

#5 8 years ago

My dealer is $1k less than this.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Rule of thumb. Take 33% off GAP prices for msrp or actual going rate.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes but for $1000 more GAP will ignore your PM's & emails

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Yes but for $1000 more GAP will ignore your PM's & emails

I don't have any experience with GAP but I definitely LOLed on this one. That doesn't happen often. Well played sir.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't have any experience with GAP but I definitely LOLed on this one. That doesn't happen often. Well played sir.

It's only funny because it's true.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy crap!

#11 8 years ago

I can't imagine ever buying from this distributor. I have tried a few times in the past to buy used games and he will often just drop off from all communication mid exchange and never return.

If that is the service provided when trying to buy a game, I would not want to risk the service when there is an actual issue.

#12 8 years ago

If GAP had a poor service history with people that have bought a game from him, I doubt he'd be in business still.

Id have no issues buying from him.

Sell away GAP!

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can't imagine ever buying from this distributor. I have tried a few times in the past to buy used games and he will often just drop off from all communication mid exchange and never return.
If that is the service provided when trying to buy a game, I would not want to risk the service when there is an actual issue.

I had the exact same experience.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

If GAP had a poor service history with people that have bought a game from him, I doubt he'd be in business still.

Yep, the fact that he's in business proves he is a good seller!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, the fact that he's in business proves he is a good seller!

You could ask his customers....even if he cut off communication with a potential buyer doesn't mean he doesn't follow up with warranty repair on games sold.

edit----He's getting repeat business from locals (Im assuming). Lots of $ in the Chicago area.

#16 8 years ago

I bought my Tron from him and was very pleased. The price was very competitive, but as all should know a distributor can't advertise anything except msrp.

#17 8 years ago

Not enough business to prevent him from posting here..

#18 8 years ago

MSRP is $8795

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id have no issues buying from him.
Sell away GAP!

I'm glad he's been good to you and recently. I purchased a used game from him years ago on Ebay, one of my firsts, and there was a gouge down to the wood on the playfield yet the playfield was rated a 9/10...I mentioned the issue and it was suggested to touch it up with paint and I wasn't even offered a small refund...Ridiculous. I picked up the game at a show and it was already packed up so I hauled (my fault without checking it out) it away. I wasn't offered a discount due to the issue but when I later sold the game (issue touched up) I mentioned it to the next buyer. I wasn't going to ever bring this up but the JJP "Dust" jab the other day pushed me over the edge.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

edit----He's getting repeat business from locals (Im assuming). Lots of $ in the Chicago area.

There must be to pay those prices!

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm glad he's been good to you and recently.

Ive never bought from him.....I wouldn't hesitate to buy a NIB from GAP if the price was right for me.

edit----

I mentioned the issue and was told to touch it up with paint and wasn't even offered a small refund...Ridiculous.

I would agree, thats ridiculous.

For new guys, just remember to always look games over when you inspect them for pickup

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive never bought from him.....I wouldn't hesitate to buy a NIB from GAP if the price was right for me.

If the price is good I may too. That issue I had was long ago and just hurt. I think things have changed as I personally haven't heard another story like mine. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he continues to sell many games.

#23 8 years ago

I won't pretend to speak for everyone in the Chicago area, but I personally have mixed feelings about Great American Pinball (GAP). On the one hand, GAP is very close to me -- about 30 minutes drive due north of my house -- so that is very appealing. On the other hand, Mike's prices are notoriously high, he's difficult to connect with, and his reputation is a little flaky. Conceptually, I'd like to support a local retailer, but Mike's not making it easy.

Personal anecdote: I tried to visit Mike's shop one weekend about 6 months ago to see his inventory and hopefully buy a pin. So I set up an appointment. Before I was about to leave, Mike called me back to reschedule. Something had come up. So I postponed my plans to accommodate. Then a few hours later, he called to reschedule again. Bottom line, we never connected. I ended up driving to Milwaukee the next day, committed to a purchase from a Pinsider there, and we coordinated delivery the following weekend.

I'm not opposed to buying from GAP, but Mike needs to understand the importance of communications and scheduled visits.

I may live close by, but it doesn't seem like I'm in his target market.

#24 8 years ago

I'm also a member of "The Land of Forgotten Emails and Private Messages" and I'm only two towns/cities away. I'm getting my first NIB from Trent, hopefully it'll arrive early next week. MET pro time!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Personal anecdote: I tried to visit Mike's shop one weekend about 6 months ago to see his inventory and hopefully buy a pin. So I set up an appointment. Before I was about to leave, Mike called me back to reschedule. Something had come up. So I postponed my plans to accommodate. Then a few hours later, he called to reschedule again. Bottom line, we never connected. I ended up driving to Milwaukee the next day, committed to a purchase from a Pinsider there, and we coordinated delivery the following weekend.

I think I know that pinsider!

Dave

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Price: $ 8,195

I thought Stern prevented its resellers to list prices. Until now it was "call for details". Change of policy?

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

I think I know that pinsider!
Dave

Yep, Mike's loss, your gain!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Only dropped communication mid-exchange? You must be on their priority list!

I never got that far.

#30 8 years ago

I bought an X-Men LE from Mike at GAP a while ago. It was priced right and I had a really good overall experience. I guess it really is case by case on things. If you CAN get in touch via phone, I would imagine he would, at the very least, match NIB prices from other distributors?

#31 8 years ago

It was that comment (GAP made this comment about what was on the line at JJP), that make me think GAP is not very professional. I've never bought from GAP, but I never had anything against GAP. However a Stern distributor saying that against another manufacturer made me think as soon as I read it that I wouldn't order from GAP.

Look, there are a lot of good distributors here. Everyone has their favorites. But that comment bugged me because if Jack had said it there would be an all out assault against him (well, another all out assault against him). GAP should be held to the same standards.

Quoted from nicoga3000:

If you CAN get in touch via phone, I would imagine he would, at the very least, match NIB prices from other distributors?

So wouldn't they all. Just like every car dealer on the planet.

#32 8 years ago

For what it's worth, I have purchased about 20 games from Mike over the last 4-5 years and I have not had any problems with him. In fact, he has bent over backwards to help me with any problems I have had with games. He has even come to my house to fix things personally. There have been a couple of times where he did not immediately respond to a call, text, or email, but he has always responded to me within a reasonable time. That's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

#33 8 years ago

GAP

Grossly Appreciated. Prices.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You can get a le for 7195,wow I am 7700 shipped,Good for you

#35 8 years ago

FWIW, the only pin currently in my possession is from Mike/GAP. Very happy with the purchase. Communication was sometimes a little difficult, but he did everything he said he would and I couldn't be happier. This purchase was for a used game, delivered to me back in Feb 2014.

#36 8 years ago

For what it is worth I am happy dealing with GAP. I also had difficulty at first reaching Mike when I first started with him. GAP us not his 9-5 job and it can be difficult to reach him during the day. If you had bad communication in the past I would say give him a second chance.
He has been extremely fair to me on prices for games and I have bought several NIB Stern titles from him. The $7200 is a great price on Kiss LE but sounds like the major distributors are a few hundred above that price.
As for JJP, Mike actually has a WOZ but is frustrated with the lack of Hobbits coming out from my understanding.
Just my 2 cents.

#37 8 years ago

What do the premums run?

Sure, I could ask a distro but I don't want to be a tirekicker right now knowing I won't buy the game right now.

Just curious, thanks

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

What do the premums run?
Sure, I could ask a distro but I don't want to be a tirekicker right now knowing I won't buy the game right now.
Just curious, thanks

Around $6300/6400 shipped depending on distributor.

#39 8 years ago

Nice, thanks mang

#40 8 years ago

$7195 shipped it's incredible. I buy a lot of games and never seen numbers that low on any popular LEs.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

$7195 shipped it's incredible. I buy a lot of games and never seen numbers that low on any popular LEs.

For clarification, I never said that that price included shipping.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

For what it is worth I am happy dealing with GAP. I also had difficulty at first reaching Mike when I first started with him. GAP us not his 9-5 job and it can be difficult to reach him during the day. If you had bad communication in the past I would say give him a second chance.
He has been extremely fair to me on prices for games and I have bought several NIB Stern titles from him. The $7200 is a great price on Kiss LE but sounds like the major distributors are a few hundred above that price.
As for JJP, Mike actually has a WOZ but is frustrated with the lack of Hobbits coming out from my understanding.
Just my 2 cents.

I just bought an NIB ACDC premium from him. Given the difficulty in finding one, his price was very competitive. It arrived with a broken shooter (modded) and when I informed him of this he offered to send me a better one. So far, so good.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For clarification, I never said that that price included shipping.

Half the fun is picking it up

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I thought Stern prevented its resellers to list prices. Until now it was "call for details". Change of policy?

They can list the MSRP I believe, but not (much?) less.

#45 8 years ago

I have bought 6 games from him within the last couple years and never had a problem. He has been great to work with.

#46 8 years ago

Anyone want to bet all the kiss le's get delivered before 10percent of the hobbit le's?

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone want to bet all the kiss le's get delivered before 10percent of the hobbit le's?

Bet they do.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Better directly send $ / Beers to you right now and save time...

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

They do but it then takes Stern 2-3 years to complete Kiss code, lol.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They do but it then takes Stern 2-3 years to complete Kiss code, lol.

Game immediately - wait 2-3 years for code.

Preorder $$$$$ - wait 2-3 years for game to be made - wait year for code. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kiss-premiumle-stern-2015 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.