View topic image gallery

download (resized).jpg
fa_953_pinballban3_970 (resized).jpg
kp bm (resized).png
DSCF0855 (resized).jpg
image-5 (resized).jpg
image-7 (resized).jpg
kingpin (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hate to hijack your sale thread, but once this one's gone, I know of a slightly routed King Pin that can be had for $70,000.

That game looks to be in very nice condition o-din...but the facial expression of the guy on the BG is freaking me out. LOL. At least you posted a picture.

#52 7 years ago

Sure if you buy it for me...

#53 7 years ago

Cannot rationalize this ad. 1 outdated Kingpin for 80 g. Or 15-20 newer pins for similar price. Collector's have lost their minds.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This must be a legitimate ad, as pinside now has a verification system in place to assure it is.

We are not ensuring anyone of anything. Buying anything online is dangerous and should be done with great caution. We hope the verification process helps, but it is absolutly not an assurance that the person is suitable to do business with or has the item or it is as described or will not defraud you.

Everyone remains responsbile for their own purchases.

#55 7 years ago

80k?
Why not $250,000?

If you are going to jump the shark, do it with style!

Can you imagine losing a screw from this game...... That's like what?
A $200 replacement part?

If somebody buys this please let me know who so I can sign them up for the Rich Idiots newsletter.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Buying anything online is dangerous and should be done with great caution.

I wouldn't make the transaction on line. If I was to buy it. I would just show up in person with the deed to my house.

#57 7 years ago

Why would a collector near Huntington Beach, California use a superhero lumberjack, masquerading as a poet and English professor by day in New Orleans, to broker a deal for Kingpin #002 on Pinside?

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We are not ensuring anyone of anything. Buying anything online is dangerous and should be done with great caution. We hope the verification process helps, but it is absolutly not an assurance that the person is suitable to do business with or has the item or it is as described or will not defraud you.
Everyone remains responsbile for their own purchases.

Whew!

Good thing we got this warning, because I was really worried that several Pinsider's were going to line up to buy this $80k pin sight unseen!

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Why would a collector near Huntington Beach, California use a superhero lumberjack, masquerading as a poetry professor by day in New Orleans, to broker a deal for Kingpin #002 on Pinside?

I figure that is his grail machine that won't be for sale. And if you want to pry it out of his hands, expect to pay big money for it.

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg

#61 7 years ago

In before the lock.

DSCF0855 (resized).jpgDSCF0855 (resized).jpg

#62 7 years ago

Think of all the girls you get with that in your garage though.

#63 7 years ago

pm sent. Yup, I sent myself a pm - don't bother trying to buy Kingpin on Pinside because I've seen your tax returns and you can't afford it. Also get milk on the way home tonite.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Paul-Bunyan:

I have a friend that has a

= My friend and I want to make money off you.

#67 7 years ago

unfortunately this game has exchanged hands before at $75k. sometimes you find someone to overpay for something extremely. But eventually you find the person that was willing to overpay more than everyone else on the planet. Then that person is stuck with it forever, because they are the top of the ladder. Which seems to be the case for this game. I think if you want to move it, you are going to have to take a hit on this one.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

unfortunately this game has exchanged hands before at $75k. sometimes you find someone to overpay for something extremely. But eventually you find the person that was willing to overpay more than everyone else on the planet. Then that person is stuck with it forever, because they are the top of the ladder. Which seems to be the case for this game. I think if you want to move it, you are going to have to take a hit on this one.

This is Pinside and pinball machines don't depreciate. People constantly say how they want to get back what they got into a machine and refuse to sell at a loss.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

unfortunately this game has exchanged hands before at $75k.

Don't mess with the narrative taking place in this thread! Contrary evidence is not wanted here.

#70 7 years ago

Damn thing better have a ColorDMD installed for that price.

#71 7 years ago

Listing a Big Guns in the Market Place for $10000. Pics to come. It's mine, not my friends or at my friends house.
Sorry OP, couldn't resist. Seems like a good thread to list rare high priced pins.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

= My friend and I want to make money off you.

This one time....at band camp,...

Quoted from RobT:

Don't mess with the narrative taking place in this thread! Contrary evidence is not wanted here.

LOL. I'm gonna buy it and have STI ship it. What the hell.

#73 7 years ago

If this sell Gary is going to up the price on the next game.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

If this sell Gary is going to up the price on the next game.

After BM66 is that even possible? Perfect for this thread...two games for $100k. Who could pass that up?

kp bm (resized).pngkp bm (resized).png

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

unfortunately this game has exchanged hands before at $75k. sometimes you find someone to overpay for something extremely. But eventually you find the person that was willing to overpay more than everyone else on the planet. Then that person is stuck with it forever, because they are the top of the ladder.

This phenomenon is known as the "Bigger Idiot" theory.

#76 7 years ago

You can tell it's routed, just look at the wear on his shooter lane.

#77 7 years ago

Whats the story on this game? I've never heard of it?

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

As soon as the op chimes back in, I'm sure he will give you the whole story.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Whats the story on this game?

They made a few, then.......

fa_953_pinballban3_970 (resized).jpgfa_953_pinballban3_970 (resized).jpg

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157652935416630

Only 9 prototypes were made when Capcom closed down. That's about it.

#81 7 years ago

The 2-3 times a year I get to play it at shows is good enough for me for now. Awesome game, but I'll hold out for a remake.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Awesome game, but I'll hold out for a remake.

Do you really think it'll get remade? Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but $8K fun?

I'm sure the actual owner of the game will offer it up for sale properly. This FS post reeks.

As for collectors spending silly money on rare stuff ... that's part of the habit . Some people will pay anything for obscurities and rarities ... if that's their thing and they can afford it, I don't see why they should be criticized. Chances are I'm going to go full retard when Star Wars LE is announced .

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Awesome game, but I'll hold out for a remake.

The way PPS/CGC are cranking out all these remakes, I'm sure that you will be able to buy one any day now.

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

Do you really think it'll get remade? Don't get me wrong, the game is fun, but $8K fun?

I don't know if it's quite $8k good, but it's really good. Great dots, fun shot layout, great theme, and an awesome wizard mode. I would like to see code tweaks made, as it's a fairly easy to complete game, but it's really quite a good game. It would be cool to see a few hundred get out into the wild via a remake rather than seeing the couple that pop up at PAGG and CAX or paying $75,000 for one as the only other options.

#85 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The way PPS/CGC are cranking out all these remakes, I'm sure that you will be able to buy one any day now.

I've got all the time in the world.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Whew!
Good thing we got this warning, because I was really worried that several Pinsider's were going to line up to buy this $80k pin sight unseen!

Haha! I totally hear you, but if I didn't point it out and someone got scammed by a verified user they would (unfairly and insanely) blame Pinside...

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mike217/sets/72157652935416630
Only 9 prototypes were made when Capcom closed down. That's about it.

Cool looking game! Is it you know... fun?

#88 7 years ago

I agree with basically everyone, that 80K is insane. But I have a friend that was offered 100k for his and he let it go. So there are people out there willing to spend big bucks for things just to say that they have one.

I remember when i sold a quantum video game about 15 years ago, and was offered 3k for it and thought the guy was insane. After he bought it I asked him a few questions, I asked him why the game was worth so much to him since it was about 6 months worth of payments for the mortgage i had at that time. He told me that he lived in manhattan and that his monthly rent for his 1 bedroom loft was 3k, so it was only one month of mortgage to him. That seemed like a reasonable answer to me at the time. So back on Kingpin, just remember, that there are people that pay that much for a watch occasionally. Just not me sadly

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Can you introduce to me to the buyer at 75K?

I am trying to liquidate some prime oceanfront lots in St. Louis.

#90 7 years ago

If Kingpin is an $80k game (and I'm not saying it is, but there was a mention of how it was sold for $75,000), I wonder how much The Pinball Circus would be worth.

I also wonder what's closer to be being remade, Kingpin or The Pinball Circus.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I also wonder what's closer to be being remade, Kingpin or The Pinball Circus.

I get a feeling Halley's Comet is closer than both of those.

#92 7 years ago

I know all the players here and it WILL sell.. cant say much more I owned 2 of these years ago

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I am trying to liquidate some prime oceanfront lots in St. Louis.

Worked for George Straight and Ocean Front Property in Arizona.

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I get a feeling Halley's Comet is closer than both of those.

sadly, you're probably right.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from mikepin:

cant say much more I owned 2 of these years ago

I played Kingpin at one of your Christmas parties many, many, many years ago (1998 *I think*) That was the first time I ever saw that and BBB. I had absolutely NO clue those two games were prototype Capcom pins when I was playing them . I was floored by BBB but wasn't as floored by Kingpin (it was a good, solid game, but I prefer slutty aliens vs. gangsters ).

I'm sure it will sell ... just wasn't sure of the quantities it would sell ... you've been around quite a while, so I fully trust your judgement .

#96 7 years ago

Topic demands numerous podcasts

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I agree with basically everyone, that 80K is insane. But I have a friend that was offered 100k for his and he let it go. So there are people out there willing to spend big bucks for things just to say that they have one.

Ah, remember when these could be had for the bargain price of $35,000 a few years ago?

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-kingpin/page/2?hl=cyw6850 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.