IMG_9757 (resized).JPG
IMG_9752 (resized).JPG
IMG_9759 (resized).JPG
IMG_9758 (resized).JPG
IMG_9760 (resized).JPG
IMG_9762 (resized).JPG
IMG_9761 (resized).JPG
IMG_9763 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I say “Poppycock”!
You’re full of shit. You’re collection defines you as a high end collector. I’m going to generalize here and suggest that a $500+ hit in resale value for you is negligible. And good for You! But don’t try and shop your high falutin, cavalier 1% bullshit here. Most of us expect a superior product for our hard earned cash, and the hobby has consistently demonstrated that for NORMAL games with NORMAL wear and tear, we can expect decent returns on resale
If the “new” normal is damaged product, than the game has surely changed. And people should behave differently. Those that can’t afford $1,000 hits like a mosquito bite.
You’re opinion smacks of nouveau, bourgeois bullshit. Or old money bullshit, which is worse, because it means you didn’t do shit to deserve it.
Prove otherwise and we can discuss this rationally.

Poppycock’s post was off target, but your analysis of his flawed perspective relating to “old money” is equally flawed.

Anyone that doesn’t see the increase in NIB issues is putting their head in the sand. Period...has nothing to do with how much money they do or don’t have.

NOB like this game should be considered an advantage over NIB!

GLWTS!

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Your perspective is the one that is completely off. I get the joke, becasue I made it weeks ago, but what you're suggesting is having a machine outside the box will inform you if the game has any issues or not, which the FS ad does not do in any way.

Off? It's a fact that NIB games have become a crap shoot (well documented in many PS threads) and NOB games can be inspected (in person, with high-res photos, etc.). I'm not referring to this FS in particular...

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don’t really know what you’re trying to communicate here. You arguing my point on old money? Please do. Tell me why your great, great grandfather that was a railroad robber baron, or whatever, and all the money he made should go to you so you can sit on your ass and collect interest. Or invest it in things that the government has rigged to your advantage. Takes money to make money, right? The rich get richer? Fuck that. Especially if your “richness” is the result of something that happened 100+ years ago. By someone else. And that was probably rigged too.
But I’m listening. I respect you, so by all means tell me otherwise.
This game clearly has the puddling issues that the hobby is going off on right now. So are you suggesting the seller is fine selling a compromised game for top of market resale? I 100% disagree..

You’re a bitter dude. Grew up down the road from you in a very middle class family. Dad grew up in Harlem...dirt poor.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-pro-2?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.