IMG_9757 (resized).JPG
IMG_9752 (resized).JPG
IMG_9759 (resized).JPG
IMG_9758 (resized).JPG
IMG_9760 (resized).JPG
IMG_9762 (resized).JPG
IMG_9761 (resized).JPG
IMG_9763 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

bump

#52 4 years ago

Dupe post. GLWS!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

If it's really just "overblown drama" sells like theese are probably able to help decide.
If this pin sells easy at given price you are right for now.
If it doesn't and the seller has to lower price an additional k or even more, we know it's quite the opposite.

And there it is. The truth.

Quoted from Dkjimbo:

It should be expected that games with this issue will come at a discount. Frankly the manufactures should be selling these at a 10%-25% discount from street prices as a “scratch and dent sale”. Sell these machines st a discount to buyers who can find a price point to accept the flaws. Or fix the flaws to keep the high prices. Those are really the only options. Second Hand market?? This should be 5k tops. It’s going to depreciate like every other new stern but even faster and more significant as a result of the playfield issues.

This game would be $5k tops anyway in 6 - 12 months. Hate to say it, but IF it has the well known issues, it’s sub 5 right now.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:Yes you're right on this particular playfield nothing to see here. Its ridiculous to point out something so minor. There's a really good chance nothing more than that will ever happen. Nothing has chipped and no one can say for sure that it ever will. A lotta pros out there have some minot pooling and no chipping. Nothing to see here is so right! If you're worried about future chipping then you should be worried about that on ever pinball machine out there since it can happen to any of them at any time. If you need a magnifying glass to point out so called flaw then maybe you need a new hobby.

I say “Poppycock”!

You’re full of shit. You’re collection defines you as a high end collector. I’m going to generalize here and suggest that a $500+ hit in resale value for you is negligible. And good for You! But don’t try and shop your high falutin, cavalier 1% bullshit here. Most of us expect a superior product for our hard earned cash, and the hobby has consistently demonstrated that for NORMAL games with NORMAL wear and tear, we can expect decent returns on resale

If the “new” normal is damaged product, than the game has surely changed. And people should behave differently. Those that can’t afford $1,000 hits like a mosquito bite.

You’re opinion smacks of nouveau, bourgeois bullshit. Or old money bullshit, which is worse, because it means you didn’t do shit to deserve it.

Prove otherwise and we can discuss this rationally.

#55 4 years ago

I’ll buy a pooling, chipped JP Pro for $4500. Not saying this is that game, but, in general.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I say “Poppycock”!
You’re full of shit. You’re collection defines you as a high end collector. I’m going to generalize here and suggest that a $500+ hit in resale value for you is negligible. And good for You! But don’t try and shop your high falutin, cavalier 1% bullshit here. Most of us expect a superior product for our hard earned cash, and the hobby has consistently demonstrated that for NORMAL games with NORMAL wear and tear, we can expect decent returns on resale
If the “new” normal is damaged product, than the game has surely changed. And people should behave differently. Those that can’t afford $1,000 hits like a mosquito bite.
You’re opinion smacks of nouveau, bourgeois bullshit. Or old money bullshit, which is worse, because it means you didn’t do shit to deserve it.

Poppycock’s post was off target, but your analysis of his flawed perspective relating to “old money” is equally flawed.

Anyone that doesn’t see the increase in NIB issues is putting their head in the sand. Period...has nothing to do with how much money they do or don’t have.

NOB like this game should be considered an advantage over NIB!

GLWTS!

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Your perspective is the one that is completely off. I get the joke, becasue I made it weeks ago, but what you're suggesting is having a machine outside the box will inform you if the game has any issues or not, which the FS ad does not do in any way.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Your perspective is the one that is completely off. I get the joke, becasue I made it weeks ago, but what you're suggesting is having a machine outside the box will inform you if the game has any issues or not, which the FS ad does not do in any way.

Off? It's a fact that NIB games have become a crap shoot (well documented in many PS threads) and NOB games can be inspected (in person, with high-res photos, etc.). I'm not referring to this FS in particular...

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not referring to this FS in particular...

Well I am, which is why we're posting in this FS thread.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Poppycock’s post was off target, but your analysis of his flawed perspective relating to “old money” is equally flawed.
Anyone that doesn’t see the increase in NIB issues is putting their head in the sand. Period...has nothing to do with how much money they do or don’t have.
GLWTS!

I don’t really know what you’re trying to communicate here. You arguing my point on old money? Please do. Tell me why your great, great grandfather that was a railroad robber baron, or whatever, and all the money he made should go to you so you can sit on your ass and collect interest. Or invest it in things that the government has rigged to your advantage. Takes money to make money, right? The rich get richer? Fuck that. Especially if your “richness” is the result of something that happened 100+ years ago. By someone else. And that was probably rigged too.

But I’m listening. I respect you, so by all means tell me otherwise.

This game clearly has the puddling issues that the hobby is going off on right now. So are you suggesting the seller is fine selling a compromised game for top of market resale? I 100% disagree..

#61 4 years ago

I don’t really know what you’re trying to communicate here. You arguing my point on old money? Please do. Tell me why your great, great grandfather that was a railroad robber baron, or whatever, and all the money he made should go to you so you can sit on your ass and collect interest. Or invest it in things that the government has rigged to your advantage. Takes money to make money, right? The rich get richer? Fuck that. Especially if your “richness” is the result of something that happened 100+ years ago. By someone else. And that was probably rigged too.
This game clearly has the puddling issues that the hobby is going off on right now. So are you suggesting the seller is fine selling a compromised game for top of market resale? I 100% disagree..

Why don't you just shut the F up and not worry about other peoples money and where it goes, how it was made! You sound like a whiny old prick...

GLWTS OP!

#62 4 years ago

You’re a bitter dude. Grew up down the road from you in a very middle class family. Dad grew up in Harlem...dirt poor.

#63 4 years ago

Tell me why your great, great grandfather that was a railroad robber baron, or whatever, and all the money he made should go to you so you can sit on your ass and collect interest. O

Who else would the rich great great grandfather give the inheritence to?

Especially if your “richness” is the result of something that happened 100+ years ago. By someone else. And that was probably rigged too.

Probably rigged too...?
Dude you have some issues, huh?

#64 4 years ago

My god is this getting boring.

"well you obviously found it so boring you HAD TO RESPOND!!"

Kill me now.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kill me now.

#66 4 years ago

Tell me why your great, great grandfather that was a railroad robber baron

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Who else would the rich great great grandfather give the inheritance to?

Glad I popped in here, my interest is piqued now that we're talking gilded-age genealogy.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Kill me now.

Noone cares.

#67 4 years ago

The problem here isn’t the seller, it’s the game. It’s a damaged game that much like many many others this year have irreparable issues and thus the game should be at a discount. I will offer $4900 right now no questions asked. At that price i am willing to accept the damage and faults. That will be the conversation on every one of these games moving forward. What is the climate for buyer tolerance on these damaged games?

#68 4 years ago

What’s this thread about?

#69 4 years ago

As an owner of one of these machines I truthfully think the “issue” is largely overblown.

Sure it needs fixed but I don’t think these games are going to truly suffer this great deal of damage that’s suspected. We will see though.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

As an owner of one of these machines I truthfully think the “issue” is largely overblown.
Sure it needs fixed but I don’t think these games are going to truly suffer this great deal of damage that’s suspected. We will see though.

As someone who’s had one of these I can confirm that the pooling will eventually lead to chipping and art from the playfield being removed.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I think the one guy with the money talk was arguing FOR reparations...others were just arguing AGAINST him, and then one guy was like, dude I hate pooling, then I was like, shit yeah I'll pay $4500 and then it got boring.

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think the one guy with the money talk was arguing FOR reparations...others were just arguing AGAINST him, and then one guy was like, dude I hate pooling, then I was like, shit yeah I'll pay $4500 and then it got boring.

Haha fairly accurate.

Man I hope some of those Willy Wonka owners want to start taking a hit on resell because this issue isn’t gonna bother me much as long as the price is right lol

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

That sounds like what an owner would say. Haha

You're missing the point if you think it's not a big deal. No one wants chipped art.

It's also less about how you feel and more about potential buyers when you go to sell this game (unless you plan on being buried in it). For me it would be the first question I ask.

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Weed

#76 4 years ago

If that were the case I think we'd find people a LOT more relaxed about clearcoatgate.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That sounds like what an owner would say. Haha
You're missing the point if you think it's not a big deal. No one wants chipped art.
It's also less about how you feel and more about potential buyers when you go to sell this game (unless you plan on being buried in it). For me it would be the first question I ask.

I get what you’re saying man. I guess I’m less worried about it as I don’t really see this progressing much. I could be totally wrong and only time will tell.

I’m also less worried about this as I tend to hang on to my games for quite awhile and I really like this game.

Good luck with the sell man.

In all fairness though delt31 you know you’re going to own this game for like 2 months even if it’s in pristine condition and a good game. That wasn’t any sort of negative comment towards you it’s just your nature.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I get what you’re saying man. I guess I’m less worried about it as I don’t really see this progressing much. I could be totally wrong and only time will tell.
I’m also less worried about this as I tend to hang on to my games for quite awhile and I really like this game.
Good luck with the sell man.
In all fairness though delt31 you know you’re going to own this game for like 2 months even if it’s in pristine condition and a good game. That wasn’t any sort of negative comment towards you it’s just your nature.

Not sure why you don't see this progressing much as other users have already shown pictures of what happens. Seems like you want to stay oblivious to it which is your choice...I just rather see a punch coming in vs being blindsided that's all.

And no offense taken at all. You could be right - I'm not one to hold onto games too long unless they are special. I know for sure I'm not touching this game or any other NIB until I see this BS fixed.

#79 4 years ago

We don't actually play pinball on pinside...we merely look at their productions flaws.

Good luck with the sale....as far as I'm concerned it's a new pinball that has been play tested.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

We don't actually play pinball on pinside...we merely look at their productions flaws.
Good luck with the sale....as far as I'm concerned it's a new pinball that has been play tested.

When you charge $7,500-$12,500 per machine, buyers are going to be a bit persnickety. If, as a company, you can not accommodate these buyers maybe you should gracefully bow out of the business.

At that price point, you are competing with some serious luxury products so you better measure up or be ready to have your reputation take a beating.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

And yet, if you were in the situation to actually buy it, we all know you'd want a discount vs. one without playfield pooling. Talk is cheap.

#82 4 years ago

I say “Poppycock”!

I see you have returned to the same arrogant misanthropic tool you were on RGP.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Mostly overblown pinside drama where if you get a small pimple of clear coat around one of your posts your playfield is about to shatter. But I'm sure you'll get plenty of other expert explanations. And yes I know some have had some major playfield issues but thats a small number most have had minor stuff that will probably not amount to much. I hear stern has sent out fully populate playfields to take care of the major stuff.

Gary Stern, is that you??

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You’re a bitter dude. Grew up down the road from you in a very middle class family. Dad grew up in Harlem...dirt poor.

I assure you, my post was meant to describe, generally, the concept of someone, when it comes to money, who was born on third base, thinks they hit a triple, and acts like it. I wasn’t describing you personally.

Looking at it again, the way I phrased my post does appear to be referring to you. That was the farthest thing from my intention and I should have written it differently. I meant no disrespect to you whatsoever. But my general opinion on the subject remain the same.

Love you too Tiki and Monte.

#85 4 years ago

Nope...don't even know what pooling is. Stop bitching about little details and just play the game.

Quoted from donkadelic:

And yet, if you were in the situation to actually buy it, we all know you'd want a discount vs. one without playfield pooling. Talk is cheap.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from ejacques:

don't even know what pooling is

Clear ripples up pulling art with it, gets hit by ball, cracks off, leaving bare wood. On a brand new machine. Cool right?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Clear ripples up pulling art with it, gets hit by ball, cracks off, leaving bare wood. On a brand new machine. Cool right?

Quit bitching and just play the game. Even if the machine lights on fire it is a gift from the pinball gods and you should never question them.

Quoted from ejacques:

Nope...don't even know what pooling is. Stop bitching about little details and just play the game.

You don't know what it is but yet you felt the need to comment on it. Got it. Maybe quit bitching and just go play pinball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 17.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 289.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-pro-2/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.