image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
81335F17-8D4C-48D8-8FAF-BC4D719A98C8 (resized).jpeg
01487477-ED8E-4B1C-AD1E-A9F6192FF710 (resized).jpeg
7F641B7A-8B5C-4257-9C82-49F207C87A3F (resized).jpeg
E9898A14-5777-4DE1-BC31-ACEBA1C4C11C (resized).jpeg
30E10BE3-B5EE-42E2-9D64-66B79D17BCF6 (resized).jpeg
A0819D50-12D6-44DB-A64D-C277DD310C97 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Jurassic Park

Added: 2018-11-11 17:58:31 UTC • Ended: November 20th, 2018
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 3,600 (OBO)

Open for offers

I know this is expensive but this was not an easy game to shop out and get into this condition. And yes the dinosaur works 100 percent.

All work done by the legendary Paul D of wannapinball.com.

I added the chad code ..and the game plays so much smoother. Also added an external subwoofer so the games shakes my entire house.

Added pinbaldes and alternative translight. Still have original. Also added Lermod led strips to the playfleld. And premium Leds from cointaker.

If you have ever fully shopped a data east game you will know it’s a 20 plus hours of work.

I have comet and now road show coming so I need room.

Item photos

E9898A14-5777-4DE1-BC31-ACEBA1C4C11C (resized).jpeg
7F641B7A-8B5C-4257-9C82-49F207C87A3F (resized).jpeg
01487477-ED8E-4B1C-AD1E-A9F6192FF710 (resized).jpeg
81335F17-8D4C-48D8-8FAF-BC4D719A98C8 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
30E10BE3-B5EE-42E2-9D64-66B79D17BCF6 (resized).jpeg
A0819D50-12D6-44DB-A64D-C277DD310C97 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are spikelou2's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to spikelou2's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,550

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Colts Neck, NJ, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

#2 5 years ago

The market sure is changing.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Slim64:

The market sure is changing.

not sure this would be an example of that. I'll leave it there.

#4 5 years ago

It’s overpriced. Shopped or not.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

It’s overpriced. Shopped or not.

That's my feeling too. I'm glad someone spent time on fixing up a machine, but that's none of my business. The machine just isn't worth anything near this amount. Really this game should be like $3k even with the fixes.

#6 5 years ago

Every JP for sale ad should have a pic of the A-hole (the one in the play field, you dirty buggers) and other high wear spots. Otherwise it’s really hard to assess how fair the price is

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Every JP for sale ad should have a pic of the A-hole (the one in the play field, you dirty buggers) and other high wear spots. Otherwise it’s really hard to assess how fair the price is

Even if the A-hole is pristine and freshly waxed ( ) it's still not worth $3900

#9 5 years ago

I like the transliste.

#10 5 years ago

#11 5 years ago

Nice pictures

#12 5 years ago

Good seller, rough crowd.

Ive dealt with Lou many times, never had an issue with him, very easy to deal with. I know he loves this game and am surprised he’s selling it, so maybe this is just the price it takes for him to let it go.

Looking at archived and current ads, the range is very wide, most go for between 2600-3200, but some have gone for a lot higher.

Posting more pics would be helpful.

#13 5 years ago

Some nice high resolution photos would aid you greatly in your attempt to sell your JP. You need good photos of all three scoop holes showing the condition.

Gord

#14 5 years ago

A while back a year or 2 ago, someone on here was looking to buy a JP and asked me what I'd want for mine. I said it'd have to at least be $4500, but I'm not considering selling.

Then they got all crazy by telling me that the game wasn't worth that much, even with the mods.

To which I said, "like i said, you asked how much i would want, i told you the price I'm currently in it for and that it's also not for sale."

So any price that I had given would have meant absolutely nothing. Should have told him $10k.

But I'm always surprised at how defensive people get when they see a game for sale just a smidge over what they feel the value should be. It doesn't matter what people what list their machines for. They'll either get it, or not. The only reason to beat someone up because you think a machine is too much is because you either sold a game for much less and you are jealous. Or your just someone who like to correct people every chance you can get.

So to the OP, if I was interested in selling mine, I'd be right there with you. It's only a starting point.

#15 5 years ago

No color DMD, and no new TREX...even with those items I wouldnt list mine for over $3500 max. This is a $2800ish machine sir. GLWTS

#16 5 years ago

I just bought a JP that has quite a few miles on it. All I can say is the movie integration is awesome, sound clips are awesome and it is generally a very entertaining game. Full disclaimer my first dmd machine, but it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it and the game play won't disappoint. New code rocks btw. Glws

#17 5 years ago

I've seen videos and can verify the T-REX works 100%. GLWTS!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've seen videos and can verify the T-REX works 100%. GLWTS!

He's modded to eat ya money too!!

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

But I'm always surprised at how defensive people get when they see a game for sale just a smidge over what they feel the value should be.

Sure we understand that, but how aboot this thread?

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Some nice high resolution photos would aid you greatly in your attempt to sell your JP. You need good photos of all three scoop holes showing the condition

Pics are up!

#21 5 years ago

Just sent a PM with a cash offer of $2,900. Others should feel free to best my best offer.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Just sent a PM with a cash offer of $2,900. Others should feel free to best my best offer.

He should grab that and run.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

He should grab that and run.

Rejected...

GLWTS!

#24 5 years ago

3k all day for this one. color DMD would fetch 3500.

*correction 3400

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Feel Free!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Ah yes, the $100 labor costs

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

I think you're gonna wanna check your math there...
bananastand (resized).jpgbananastand (resized).jpg

#28 5 years ago

Last year mine went for $4500 with pinsound, color dmd, flipper fidelity, yellow trim, tons of mods..

#31 5 years ago

I often wonder if anyone out there understands the term OBO... Sure price is up there but make an offer or don't buy it.

#32 5 years ago

This game is one of the easiest games to shop imo. Once you get that ramp off everything opens up.
With a colordmd, open gate mod this machine is like 33-3400 and I wouldn’t pay that.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

I often wonder if anyone out there understands the term OBO... Sure price is up there but make an offer or don't buy it.

Well the weird thing is it means diff'rent things to diff'rent people. We just had some threads go into this and I was sort of shocked to that a lot of people think it means the price starts at 3,900 or best offer over that; true story.

Anyway, you can chalk up a few posts to the smidge of smarminess in the OP.

Quoted from spikelou2:

If you have ever fully shopped a data east game you will know it’s a 20 plus hours of work.

#34 5 years ago

Let the guy sell his game, i never understand price police. Market dictates the price, if its to high he will lower it.

#35 5 years ago

I wouldn't pay more than $1200 bucks for JP, but thats because I have passed on JP at that price years ago, but there is no way I am going over 3k, or even 2k on a JP, the game is fun but, like not THAT much fun.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I wouldn't pay more than $1200 bucks for JP, but thats because I have passed on JP at that price years ago, but there is no way I am going over 3k, or even 2k on a JP, the game is fun but, like not THAT much fun.

Lol

#37 5 years ago

Bublehead all of a sudden all over the place and I can't tell if he's just being super sarcastic or if he's serious. I hope it's the former bc i think it works.

#38 5 years ago

I mix it up... keeps people guessing... but when you get bitten by the “waiting for my NIB pinball machine” bug, you will do anything to pass the time.

As for JP... is it $3900 bucks worth of fun? Thats like 7800 games at $0.50 per game and average ball time is about 3.5 minutes and 3 balls per play... thats 1365 hours or 56 days of non stop pinball minimum, not including free games, extra balls, or matches. Now lets say you play it half an hour a day every day, that means you would be able to enjoy your pin for 7.47 years minimum before the cost to own it pays for the cost to play it. Will I get bored of JP in 7.47 years? Yes, yes I will. So to me, JP is fun but not 7.47 years of fun...

Figure that one out...

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I mix it up... keeps people guessing... but when you get bitten by the “waiting for my NIB pinball machine” bug, you will do anything to pass the time.
As for JP... is it $3900 bucks worth of fun? Thats like 7800 games at $0.50 per game and average ball time is about 3.5 minutes and 3 balls per play... thats 1365 hours or 56 days of non stop pinball minimum, not including free games, extra balls, or matches. Now lets say you play it half an hour a day every day, that means you would be able to enjoy your pin for 7.47 years minimum before the cost to own it pays for the cost to play it. Will I get bored of JP in 7.47 years? Yes, yes I will. So to me, JP is fun but not 7.47 years of fun...
Figure that one out...

Bahaha one way to pass the time! I need to start doing what your doing now with this new delay update.

#40 5 years ago

Love that you all pilled on with negativity ..want you to know I got multiple offers for this game and just took a deposit for full price ..of you habe a better One for sale and want to sell it to me lmk I’ll buy it

#41 5 years ago

Just when I thought you got the last laugh (I agree you took an unnecessary beating) you had to go and post that ....sometimes it's best to just take the high road. Congrats on your sale.

#42 5 years ago

Well with that type of attitude congratulations that some sucker agreed to buy that overpriced JP. You'll probably continue posting overpriced pins and have more suckers come knocking but good to know for any future purchases to avoid you completely.

Whoever the buyer is - you basically paid at least 700 more than you should. That sucks.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Even if the A-hole is pristine and freshly waxed ( ) it's still not worth $3900

Can you explain why ..Data east game where not built to last like Williams ..the work involved to shop this game is extreme...and just the Dino was over 300 in parts to get it perfect ...I know it that what I spend on a game does not make it worth more to you , but ive have newer seen on in perfect condition because it was not built to last ..I added the alternative trans ..leds ..new code ..led strips ..pin mirrors..and I’m including the subwoofer ...play field is perfect ..no wear at all ..brand new chrome legs ...and I listed as obo ..please expain to me in detail why I’m wrong ...game sold in less than a week and I got multiple offers ...
If you have one in this condition and want to sell it to me for less just let me know and I’ll send fast Eddie to get it ..otherwise your comments are just rude

#44 5 years ago

Let’s agree to disagree..I have respect for you commets..I would agree with you 100 percent ...but I wish you could see a break down of all the work that went into this game ..and have a chance to play her ..if you where local I’d happy invite you over and then ask you to repost ..have a very nice day

#46 5 years ago

Guys, this is stupid and I'll take the hit on alot of this. I emailed SpikeLou2 out of the blue with an offer to trade my WCS94 for his JP a few weeks ago. After negotiations fell apart, Spike put his machine on the market. It was a negotiating tactic. It got me to up my offer a bit (but not to the winning offer) and was a very successful tactic. I thought that all the negative comments on the price would help my position, and made semi positive comments when the thread was dead to bring attention to it and hopefully garner more negative comments, helping my bargaining position. This backfired spectacularly, as someone beat out what I thought was a very generous offer. Spike even offered to work with me a little bit. If you put your machine up for sale and someone offered the asking price, there is nothing wrong with that. The market will bare what the market will bare.

I will further state that the price on entry level kid friendly machines is going to continue to rise for the forseeable future. I bought my first pin 3 months ago. When I sold it last week, 2 of the 3 competitors for my pin were first time pin buyers. I sold the pin for more than I paid for it, but not more than I had in it. More people in the hobby means higher prices for pins. I think this will effect prices back to the 90s DMD level, as that is the era that most people having young kids remember. 2 of those 3 buyers had young kids they wanted to introduce to pinball in the home, because they could... part of the reason I bought my first pin.

Long story short, neither Spike nor the buyer did anything wrong. A nice recently serviced pin can be a big deal to someone who doesn't want to mess with it.

Furthermore, playing price police will likely have the opposite effect as intended as it will just bring more attention to the machine. Yes, it's fun, but there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Congratulations SpikeLou2!

And if anyone near Maryland has a JP they'd like to sell me at a reasonable price let me know.

#47 5 years ago

Congradulations on the sale. Once again the "pinball appraisers" are proven wrong. DE values are going up, because people are finally getting a chance to play them. Last Action Hero was on the "Best Pins Under $2k" list, mine sold for $2,600. Unless you've bought or sold a game in the last 6 months you should really keep to yourself..

#48 5 years ago

Hey I said JP was fun, what more do you want?!? If you found a buyer at your asking price, that is awesome. But the math kinda works out here... I would put $1200 into a JP for home, maybe go as high as $2200 for a real nice clean working machine. But I don't pay somebody else to fix or rebuild a machine for me by starting with a $2200 machine and put in $500 in parts and 40 to 80 hours of labor and then expect to get $3900 out of it. You may think your labor is worth something, and to someone who doesnt have the time or the expertise it may well be worth it, just not to me. People seem to think that because I am willing to pay $8k for a NIB MBrLE that I am a sucker for a used DE/SEGA pin from the early 90’s, well I am not. That machine is worth $2200 tops to me and those who think otherwise, have fun fixing and repairing your 25 year old DE/SEGA JP that you bought for $3900. That sounds like a great deal to me.

#49 5 years ago

I am truly overwhelmed by everyone’s suport ..especially satancheese and Lermod ..I even received serval private messages of suport as well ..this is a great community ....

#50 5 years ago

And Please if anyone wants to sell me a shopped jp with leds for 2500 ..lmk

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jurassic-park-36?hl=markp99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.