PXL_20210212_221558942 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221554490 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221501116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221454090 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221258976 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221252152 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210307_225435359 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210307_225450039 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Judge Dredd Project

Added: 2021-03-07 23:33:48 UTC • Ended: March 13th, 2021
Condition: As is

4 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 1,300

Item description

See pictures for condition. What you see is what you get. Its probably just a fuse.

Item photos

PXL_20210212_221554490 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221558942 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221603268 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221606678 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221454090 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221501116 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221258976 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210212_221252152 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210307_225435359 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210307_225450039 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are sheahan2's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to sheahan2's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Itasca, IL, US

#2 3 years ago

Judge Dredd is a $1400 game

Glws

#3 3 years ago

re imports can be crazy like this...

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Glws

yea and this one is worth maybe $600

#5 3 years ago

Aside from being dirty and some smudges, the cabinet and head box look to be in remarkably good shape (just filthy).
Still plenty of reds left and hardly any marring from the legs.

#6 3 years ago

that poor thing

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Glws

I thought it was just an $1,100 game. I must be getting old...

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I thought it was just an $1,100 game. I must be getting old...

In the Covid world Judge Dredd is probably a $4,000 game.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

yea and this one is worth maybe $600

Disagree. Id go 800 if op would ship via fastenal.

Parts come up but would add up to out this back together.

#10 3 years ago

Is it me or is the MPU missing? Just asking.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

It is and so is the fliptronics board.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from reynolds531:

There is a lot more than the MPU missing. There are a lot of hard to find parts on JD and I'm guessing most have been stripped from this game. This may be the cost of a project game in this market. Curious to see if it sells. GLWTS.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

There is a lot more than the MPU missing. There are a lot of hard to find parts on JD and I'm guessing most have been stripped from this game. This may be the cost of a project game in this market. Curious to see if it sells. GLWTS.

I would think it’s more of a donor cabinet than a restoration.
The cabinet and playfield look good.
Somebody with a trashed cabinet, but complete game I would think would be the ideal buyer.

#14 3 years ago

I think I recall seeing this game pop up in the northeast or one in a very similar state. The price was tempting, and at the time I think *most* of the individual missing parts could be scrounged up, but availability always changes over time.

I think this is certainly a bit high for a game in this state, but with the crazy pin prices lately, who knows.

#15 3 years ago

I was super interested in this game and went through and priced out what it would take just to get it in functional condition so it will just flip - and unless you want a project for something fun to do, it’s definitely cheaper to just buy one outright. Good deal if you’re doing home brew

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Glws

For those that don't remember/weren't here for the reference....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-is-a-1400-game-folks

Later,
EV

#17 3 years ago

you should see the other guy!..

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Disagree. Id go 800 if op would ship via fastenal.
Parts come up but would add up to out this back together.

$800 is probably not bad, but there are lots of missing items. I would probably just rather buy a working one if I wanted a JD.

#19 3 years ago

I have a few spare JD parts including the plastic deadworld. If whoever grabs this still needs it, hit me up.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

$800 is probably not bad, but there are lots of missing items. I would probably just rather buy a working one if I wanted a JD.

I like projects. This is the kind of thing I would buy, inventory what is missing, and keep an eye out. Would probably take a good long while before it lived again, but this would not be a donor game.

In terms of work vs cost? I can see why you would rather buy a working one. Even at minimum wage this doesn't make sense to fix. If you look at it as a hobby and the work is something you enjoy then you come out ahead of what it would cost to put back together.

#21 3 years ago

Great american pinball would have priced this at 4500

#22 3 years ago

Sound board gone: $300
MPU gone: $220 (no ASIC, CPU, ROM to transfer over)
Right Ramp: $160 (have to get shipped from pinball spare parts)

So, that's $550 off a quick eyeball. The crane is gone, missing light boards, flipper mechs wouldn't be hard to find, but another $100 in parts. Plastics for JD are impossible to find, probably $150 if you do. I'd estimate $1k-1200 in parts by the time it is all done, plus a year or two of waiting on some of it.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

Sound board gone: $300
MPU gone: $220 (no ASIC, CPU, ROM to transfer over)
Right Ramp: $160 (have to get shipped from pinball spare parts)
So, that's $550 off a quick eyeball. The crane is gone, missing light boards, flipper mechs wouldn't be hard to find, but another $100 in parts. Plastics for JD are impossible to find, probably $150 if you do. I'd estimate $1k-1200 in parts by the time it is all done, plus a year or two of waiting on some of it.

+DMD/DMD panel, right ball launcher, flipper optos, most of the wireforms.

If someone gets this come up to Chicago and I'll laser cut you a new Deadworld disc for cheap

#24 3 years ago

I'm like dung , I enjoy bringing back projects

But it's not for the impatient type, I just finished buying the last thing mech parts from marco, after 11months of waiting on availability, even then I got lucky

Point is when you get a project like this you have to know and be ok with constantly searching for what's missing and nearly impossible to find

With all that's missing here it's 4-600 imo

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

I'm like dung , I enjoy bringing back projects
But it's not for the impatient type, I just finished buying the last thing mech parts from marco, after 11months of waiting on availability, even then I got lucky
Point is when you get a project like this you have to know and be ok with constantly searching for what's missing and nearly impossible to find
With all that's missing here it's 4-600 imo

This is the top/down approach. If I have to spend $3000 in order to reach a fully working JD with a market value of $3600, it doesn't mean the project pin worth only $600. It means, above $3000 spending the project is not profitable. But there are precious parts, like transformer, power driver board, DCS sound board, metals in the cab, power box, coin door, playfield with a total value over $600. Would be good for a widebody project scratch build.

#26 3 years ago

When I saw the price I knew this game would be a horror show!

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Great american pinball would have priced this at 4500

And it would sell no problem.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

This is the top/down approach. If I have to spend $3000 in order to reach a fully working JD with a market value of $3600, it doesn't mean the project pin worth only $600. It means, above $3000 spending the project is not profitable. But there are precious parts, like transformer, power driver board, DCS sound board, metals in the cab, power box, coin door, playfield with a total value over $600. Would be good for a widebody project scratch build.

Let me be clear

I'm building a TZ from scratch, my donor cab is a JD cab (was just the cab not a whole pin) , I anticipate being under 4500 in that build, that is I guess a bottom up

Game specific parts nos are extremely hard to find and pricey, just in a pf , gumball mech, and clock mech(just got after 11mos ) I'm in 1500 alone,

My earlier opinion was based on restoring this example back to a working JD

Finding what's missing and rebuilding is a time consuming labor of love , I wouldn't take this on expecting to profit

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from dc2010:

Let me be clear
I'm building a TZ from scratch, my donor cab is a JD cab (was just the cab not a whole pin) , I anticipate being under 4500 in that build, that is I guess a bottom up
Game specific parts nos are extremely hard to find and pricey, just in a pf , gumball mech, and clock mech(just got after 11mos ) I'm in 1500 alone,
My earlier opinion was based on restoring this example back to a working JD
Finding what's missing and rebuilding is a time consuming labor of love , I wouldn't take this on expecting to profit

I hear you, don't get me wrong. I purchased a project JD in 2019 with many missing specific parts, now it's ready for assembly.
This example is really a tough one.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-judge-dredd-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.