New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 178168)

For sale: Judge Dredd

By ZMeny

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by WeirPinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0018 (resized).JPG
IMG_0019 (resized).JPG
IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
IMG_2959 (resized).JPG
IMG_2985 (resized).JPG
IMG_2958 (resized).JPG
IMG_2953 (resized).JPG
IMG_2955 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

Added: January 11th, 2017 Ended: January 17th, 2017
Condition: Used - shows wear, needs some work

Item description

Clean game but missing the boards. Cabinet little to no fade, some bumps here and there. Topper, playfield in really good condition, all around nice game.

Selling as is without boards for 1500obo.

If it doesn't sell I'll probably throw some new rottendogs and a pinsound in it to really make it great.

Call or text Zach
[phone number removed]

Item photos

IMG_2958 (resized).JPG
IMG_2955 (resized).JPG
IMG_2953 (resized).JPG
IMG_2985 (resized).JPG
IMG_2959 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Evansville, IN, US

Seller insights

These are ZMeny's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ZMeny's stats page

#2 3 years ago

So you're the lucky one who snagged this off of CL in Cinci! Color me jealous

#3 3 years ago

Yeah I was told it's just missing the "motherboard"...... hahaha

#4 3 years ago

Missing every single board in backbox?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

So you're the lucky one who snagged this off of CL in Cinci! Color me jealous

What was the asking price on Craigslist?

#6 3 years ago

Well you're only a 100 dollars off.

#7 3 years ago

The boardset's $1400 folks!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The boardset's $1400 folks!

Around 1k minimum if its missing every one....

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Around 1k at the lowest if its missing every one....

It's around $1100 at full retail price, plus shipping.

If you collect and repair boards, you could probably squeak by at around half that--more or less.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you collect and repair boards, you could probably squeak by at around half that--more or less.

True but even buying used original boards will cost you around 750-800 in most cases. Cld definitely be a good buy for someone that has the boards ....

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

True but even buying used original boards will cost you around 750-800 in most cases. Cld definitely be a good buy for someone that has the boards ....

That depends if they were working or non-working when you got them.

If only I were closer...

#12 3 years ago

I priced all new rottendogs with roms and a pinsound for 1200 shipped not too shabby but still a lot of moolah. I figured either someone with extra boards would get a good buy or someone will get a jd with all new boards and a pinsound for 2700 not bad at all.

#13 3 years ago

I have to wonder if a whole set of rottendogs would actually work. I'm sure somebody's tried it.

#14 3 years ago

Not a bad deal, wish I had the spare cash or something to trade.

#15 3 years ago

I'm just waiting for the phrase that what's his name always says. It's coming don't worry.

#16 3 years ago

I'm trying to think of a lessor game to rob a set of boards out of. Too bad whitestar don't work.

#17 3 years ago

So............with all new boards........ the game is functioning 100%, correct? How is anything else known about potential issues with the rest of the game?

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is true but the most difficult board to get is the sound board. These seem to go for $175+ working or not.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

So............with all new boards........ the game is functioning 100%, correct? How is anything else known about potential issues with the rest of the game?

that's the surprise!

#20 3 years ago

just wanted to say it is a shame this was not priced at 1400 just for the history and effect

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Very true. All I can go on is that the story seemed to check out that guy pulled them for another game, he was said to own several high end pins like tz, cv, etc. also I see no hacks pretty clean which suggests it's good. Just a bunch of unlabeled connectors in the back box Previous owner said it worked fantastic prior to pulling boards "not even a ball ever got hung up". Pics of playfield are without even cleaning it (usually do a nice shop and wax job but honestly didn't really need it).

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

just wanted to say it is a shame this was not priced at 1400 just for the history and effect

I love that!! Hahaha

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

This is true but the most difficult board to get is the sound board. These seem to go for $175+ working or not.

They do pop up every once in a while, unlike the WPC95 AV board. But, a pinsound board is an alternative if you don't want to wait.

#24 3 years ago

Any way to test if the Deadworld motor works? I was thinking of swapping boards from my IJ (plus getting the correct roms) and ending up with a more efficiently running IJ with Pinsound on that. Not as excited for a Pinsound JD, but thinking of other ways such an expense would be worthwhile in this case.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Any way to test if the Deadworld motor works? I was thinking of swapping boards from my IJ (plus getting the correct roms) and ending up with a more efficiently running IJ with Pinsound on that. Not as excited for a Pinsound JD, but thinking of other ways such an expense would be worthwhile in this case.

Unplug any boards connected to the motor, and use an external power supply to connect 12v to the motor. It might not go at the correct speed, but it will get it moving, at least.

#26 3 years ago

I was told everything is operational and in good condition, but again those are only words. Really have been tempted to through all new boards in it because it looks good and doesn't seem altered.

#27 3 years ago

Wish I was closer. This would be great for a P-ROC project!

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I was told everything is operational and in good condition, but again those are only words. Really have been tempted to through all new boards in it because it looks good and doesn't seem altered.

Probably your best bet. Put boards in it and it'll sell for the going rate if it works.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

What was the asking price on Craigslist?

It was really low. I want to say 4-600

#30 3 years ago

Damn I paid $1500 for mine last year that had boards, prices sure have gone up around here.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It was really low. I want to say 4-600

The owner had it listed too low you are correct. Total transparency I offered 1000 dollars knowing it was worth more and trying to do the right thing. However I only thought the CPU was gone and was very surprised when I made the drive there that in fact all boards were gone.

#32 3 years ago

I've stuck a couple hundred more into ever project pin I've ever bought than I thought I would. Just my 2 cents

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Damn I paid $1500 for mine last year that had boards, prices sure have gone up around here.

Damn I'm having a hard time finding any thing other than a shaq attack for 1500!!!! People wont even sell me a LW3 for 1500!!!! True story!!!!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Damn I'm having a hard time finding any thing other than a shaq attack for 1500!!!! People wont even sell me a LW3 for 1500!!!! True story!!!!

I tried referring you to a $1,900 Fish Tales...much better than those two.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I tried referring you to a $1,900 Fish Tales...much better than those two.

Ha ha yes you did!!!! I wish I could like that game. I think I'm in the minority for sure!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Tommy is always hustlin. JD has not been a 1500 game in fully working condition for years.

Pinside estimate of 2300-2600 is actually pretty spot on (possibly even low). I sold a JD last year for over 2k and had 5 buyers in a day (cant remember the exact price as I only sold it quick cause I found a nicer one to upgrade to).

#37 3 years ago
#38 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The owner had it listed too low you are correct. Total transparency I offered 1000 dollars knowing it was worth more and trying to do the right thing. However I only thought the CPU was gone and was very surprised when I made the drive there that in fact all boards were gone.

Here's the million dollar question: if you did indeed pay $1000 (tops as this is what you claim to have offered the seller, and I don't know the price you paid, so I'll assume you paid what you offered), what makes this game worth your asking price now?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Here's the million dollar question: if you did indeed pay $1000 (tops as this is what you claim to have offered the seller, and I don't know the price you paid, so I'll assume you paid what you offered), what makes this game worth your asking price now?

Sounds like he offered 1,000 when he thought most boards were there. I imagine he paid the asking price of 4-600 when he realized what it was.

Got to love someone that buys a game with the sole purpose of a quick flip!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

What is "The Free Market" for $500, Alex?

#41 3 years ago

So lemme get this straight?

OP bought a game that he never saw work. Does a price check, realizes its too expensive for what it is, then posts it up to hopefully make a quick profit?

Even going by op's math 1200 in boards + 1500 game = 2700. That gets you a completely untested machine with a second hand story. How many of us have bought a game that the seller described as "works perfectly" and found a basket case?

If the estimate is 2300-2600 for a jd, then who wants to be in for 2700 and a boat load of unknowns?

#42 3 years ago

Guys I'm trying to sell it for a fair price given the condition and the unknowns. Does the price of purchase affect the price of sale? Not sure Stern uses the same ratio haha. Lot of interest so far thanks for the replies. Who's gonna pull the trigger?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

OP bought a game that he never saw work. Does a price check, realizes its too expensive for what it is, then posts it up to hopefully make a quick profit?
Even going by op's math 1200 in boards + 1500 game = 2700. That gets you a completely untested machine with a second hand story. How many of us have bought a game that the seller described as "works perfectly" and found a basket case?
If the estimate is 2300-2600 for a jd, then who wants to be in for 2700 and a boat load of unknowns?

The cheapest route I found would be to go with a P-Roc and a Windows PC (most of us probably have a spare or could find one for not too much money) and run it through PinMame. Much cheaper, but I've never used it and support for a game specific issue is kinda sparse from what I can find since most people use PinMame for virtual cabinets or use P-Roc for some one off project--not jump-starting an actual pinball machine like this. All of that comes back to the assumption that the parts all work.

In my case, I'd be interested if I could find a Demolition Man on Steroids kit (and move my tested/working DM boards to this Dredd) or if I wanted to do the IJ setup I mentioned a few posts earlier. It's an ok project and I'd be ok with giving a nominal profit to him for hauling it...but triple money for it is too much for me.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I take it you're not interested? I think 2700 for a nice dredd with all new boards and a pinsound is a good deal, but hey I buy games without knowing if they work so maybe I'm the ignorant one.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I take it you're not interested? I think 2700 for a nice dredd with all new boards and a pinsound is a good deal, but hey I buy games without knowing if they work so maybe I'm the ignorant one.

It's not a bad deal, but it's up to you to do that leg work and take the $500 profit after you get it up and working. It's nice to offer it up before doing that to see if anyone is itching for a project, but it'd be easier trade bait if it were up and working rather than untested.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Got to love someone that buys a game with the sole purpose of a quick flip!

Lots of us do this...Nothing wrong with it...If there is something wrong with it please explain it to me.
I saw a Shrek in fantastic condition on CL last week and bought it for 2900...not because I want a shrek, but I will shop it, enjoy it briefly and move it on for a profit.
You wouldn't?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

lots of us do this...nothing wrong with it...if there is something wrong with it please explain it to me

You're supposed to launder your flips better--make it hard for Pinside sleuths to detect how you acquired it. Just say you bought it from a neighbor. Gotta have that untraceable alibi or else everyone will just offer exactly what was paid for it. It's especially true if a bunch of people saw the ad and tried to respond to it.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It's not a bad deal, but it's up to you to do that leg work and take the $500 profit after you get it up and working. It's nice to offer it up before doing that to see if anyone is itching for a project, but it'd be easier trade bait if it were up and working rather than untested.

My response was to Dung. You've been great to work with AgentHero

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

You're supposed to launder your flips better--make it hard for Pinside sleuths to detect how you acquired it. Just say you bought it from a neighbor. Gotta have that untraceable alibi or else everyone will just offer exactly what was paid for it. It's especially true if a bunch of people saw the ad and tried to respond to it.

I honestly don't care if someone knows what I paid or where I got it, either we work out a deal or we don't.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Haha Yeah I'm just not that guy. I don't mind doing some work making a drive and making a little cash, but lying is not my thing. I like this pissy dramatic community too much hahaha

There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside