View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Joust (Williams, 1983)

Added: 2016-08-16 15:45:25 UTC • Ended: August 28th, 2016
Condition: Functional - needs minor work

Price

$ 4,950 (Firm)

Price is firm

Fair condition Joust. I was waiting on the playfield from CPR and was going to do a full restoration but, have decided to sell and get a down payment towards GB.

It comes with a new set of plastics.

It's sold as is. It boots up and plays but has a display issue.

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are DougPiranha's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to DougPiranha's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

st louis, Missouri, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 7 years ago

Fine deal right here! GLWS Doug!

#4 7 years ago

Great game, much better than GB bump

#5 7 years ago

I have purchased a game from doug and he is a excellent seller !!

#6 7 years ago

Which ghost busters are you getting? I'm picking up a pro next week. Ed

#7 7 years ago

this won't last long

(bump)

#8 7 years ago

Bump. Great guy.

#9 7 years ago

First time I have seen JOUST for sale! Looks like a good project!

#10 7 years ago

sent a few buyers over here.

#12 7 years ago

I sent a PM a couple days ago...

#13 7 years ago

Replying now. Been swamped

1 week later
#17 7 years ago

Can you open up the lower doors and show us the boards?

#18 7 years ago

could you lift it up & photo the bottom
hehehe

man, i guess those people PM'ing me about buying mine didn't really want one.

(bump)

#19 7 years ago

Just a bit of info about this, I was contacted about this a year or so ago....the buyer was interested in selling, then went radio silent on me afterwards.

I was forwarded to this post and was given first opportunity on this but he is nervous about accepting PayPal from me.

Now, the last time this happened on here (with a Rocky pinball) people told the seller I was a scammer, but they did not know I was the buyer. Now everyone knows my reputation here as a buyer, but the seller wants me to send a check or money order on this, yet the radio silent not answering stuff back to me before (and now not wanting to accept Paypal) makes ME nervous.

In any event, what do you all say about this? I would have to ship this. I would not drive 4.5 hours for radio silence to possibly happen. That happened to me once before with someone picking up an arcade machine in Alabama....

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Just a bit of info about this, I was contacted about this a year or so ago....the buyer was interested in selling, then went radio silent on me afterwards.
I was forwarded to this post and was given first opportunity on this but he is nervous about accepting PayPal from me.
Now, the last time this happened on here (with a Rocky pinball) people told the seller I was a scammer, but they did not know I was the buyer. Now everyone knows my reputation here as a buyer, but the seller wants me to send a check or money order on this, yet the radio silent not answering stuff back to me before (and now not wanting to accept Paypal) makes ME nervous.
In any event, what do you all say about this? I would have to ship this. I would not drive 4.5 hours for radio silence to possibly happen. That happened to me once before with someone picking up an arcade machine in Alabama....

hmm.... i'd do paypal, no problemo. hopefully seller gets comfortable with this kind of payment method.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Kurt is a good guy and nothing to worry about. That said I would advise him not to sell to you if you are unwilling to send a check and wait for it to clear. If anything i would say your reputation is less than stellar. Also funny you mention radio silence as I have tried to buy from you twice now and questions were never replied to you suck as a seller in my experience so I would also assume you suck as a buyer.

Kurt >> I would steer clear and wait for the next buyer. Heck I am tempted to buy it just so this guy does not get it and we dont have to watch it sit on ebay for a 40% mark up for the next year

#22 7 years ago

Just an fyi for the seller. I've sold a couple of games to DreamTR with no issues. PayPal friends and family and he had someone that works at the arcade come pick up the games at times that were convenient for me. Quick, easy, no issues. Nothing wrong with only accepting forms of payment you are comfortable with though. It may cost you a few sales but you will have peace of mind. In this case I don't think you have anything to worry about though.

#23 7 years ago

I say the seller has been clear about his terms for the sale. If it works for you, great. If not, then don't buy it. Nothing is more frustrating as a seller than the buyer trying to dictate or modify the terms of the sale. We all like being paid certain ways for various reasons, don't take it personally. Just mail him a check. No way in hell I'd take a check or Paypal though.

Quoted from DreamTR:

In any event, what do you all say about this?

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Kurt is a good guy and nothing to worry about. That said I would advise him not to sell to you if you are unwilling to send a check and wait for it to clear. If anything i would say your reputation is less than stellar. Also funny you mention radio silence as I have tried to buy from you twice now and questions were never replied to you suck as a seller in my experience so I would also assume you suck as a buyer.
Kurt >> I would steer clear and wait for the next buyer. Heck I am tempted to buy it just so this guy does not get it and we dont have to watch it sit on ebay for a 40% mark up for the next year

Why is my reputation less than stellar? Are you confusing me for someone else because you are apparently attacking me out of the blue here. As far as I know you were defending SkitB Pinball for being a "good guy" as well and we all saw where that went. I couple you with them in my eyes based on your posts about them and the Predator situation.

Sitting on eBay for 40% markup? You do realize what I do for a living right? I own three arcades on Free Play for everyone to enjoy. I RARELY sell pinball machines unless I have doubles. If anything this makes you look worse here. I would like this "less than stellar reputation" explained since I don't rip anyone off and have been buying/selling console stuff for 20 years as a collector as well. This game is for the store.

By the way, I checked my messages for the past 5 years. I have 0 messages from your username. As far as I know you have never sent me one message.

#25 7 years ago

are you not diskoboy7 on ebay? if you are not, then my apologies.

I figured based on listings both here and on ebay of the same machines, often in the same location and the same time that you were that user on ebay.

#26 7 years ago

I've sold to dreamtr without issues. Not sure why this thread went sideways.

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are you not diskoboy7 on ebay? if you are not, then my apologies.
I figured based on listings both here and on ebay of the same machines, often in the same location and the same time that you were that user on ebay.

No, that is me on eBay. I thought you referred to this very forum since you were talking about not receiving messages. That eBay account is shared and a lot of times I definitely don't see all the messages so I apologize if you sent something and I did not respond. Not my intention and they definitely are lost in the shuffle.

#28 7 years ago

No intelligent person is going to take Paypal (especially Friends&Family) as payment for a sale that large.

Checks (personal or money order) take 3 weeks to clear.

If you don't like the payment terms offered, buy another Joust.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

No intelligent person is going to take Paypal (especially Friends&Family) as payment for a sale that large.
Checks (personal or money order) take 3 weeks to clear.
If you don't like the payment terms offered, buy another Joust.

And if he goes radio silent again?

You are assuming I am not reputable. This is the issue here. I have had thousands of transactions. This is not the same thing. I am not understanding why this is difficult to comprehend. All I have to go on is that he gets busy and is unresponsive and disappeared on me the last time. The pinball community ESPECIALLY this forum has a habit of disappearing on people. How the Paypal thing from a proven trustworthy buyer is an issue is beyond comprehending here.

#30 7 years ago

And he said he did not "prefer" Paypal, he would rather have check or money order. This meaning he is not sure about trusting me when you can see my reputation if you do any due diligence on me.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think it'd be more of risk to "pay" with friends/family via paypal because there is no buyer protection. Getting money that way would be fine. Just sell local only if you don't want to deal with it.

#32 7 years ago

I understand not taking PayPal from unknown people, but I would take PayPal from DreamTr in a heartbeat. He has a great reputation. He's honest and will do what he says.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

How the Paypal thing from a proven trustworthy buyer is an issue is beyond comprehending here.

It does not matter how **trustworthy** someone is or is not.

Paypal is not a secure way to get paid for an expensive item.

Anyone can do a Paypal chargeback (yes, even with friends&family) with their credit card company and totally screw the buyer.

So no seller with a brain is going to accept Paypal for a $5,000 item.

Quoted from DreamTR:

And if he goes radio silent again?

Go pick up the game in person. It's probably less than a 4 hour drive for you.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I understand not taking PayPal from unknown people, but I would take PayPal from DreamTr in a heartbeat. He has a great reputation. He's honest and will do what he says.

Let's say Kanada phishes Dream's Paypal account.

Now, no matter how trustworthy Dream is in your mind, you are going to get ripped off when Dream reverses the charges for a game he never bought.

Don't fool yourselves, PAYPAL IS NOT SAFE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It does not matter how **trustworthy** someone is or is not.
Paypal is not a secure way to get paid for an expensive item.
Anyone can do a Paypal chargeback (yes, even with friends&family) with their credit card company and totally screw the buyer.
So no seller with a brain is going to accept Paypal for a $5,000 item.

Go pick up the game in person. It's probably less than a 4 hour drive for you.

I don't have time to pick it up. I have a kid, 3 stores, etc.....I do shipping on most things.

As I mentioned in my original post I have also "shown up" for something and the person didn't answer phone, door, etc. IN fact that has happened TWICE where I have driven 1 to 4 hours for an arcade or pinball machine. Radio silence.

What I gather here is you are saying I am not trustworthy because I "might" do a chargeback? Again, I am not a random person buying something for the first time here. What I gather here is I have money, I want to spend it. People (my goodness, anyone who googles/researches me) will not find any negative buying experiences with me, but you assume that I am not going to be taken on a check/money order/person not showing up?

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Now, no matter how trustworthy Dream is in your mind, you are going to get ripped off when Dream reverses the charges for a game he never bought.

Solid point Vid. I guess if an account got hacked you could get screwed.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think it'd be more of risk to "pay" with friends/family via paypal because there is no buyer protection. Getting money that way would be fine.

Getting the money is not the problem, keeping it is.

Because the buyer has 180 days to reverse the charges with their credit card, and Paypal is powerless to stop them.

Just sell local only if you don't want to deal with it.

There are a dozen ways to SAFELY sell online, Paypal just is not one of them.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What? The seller and I have texted about this for over a year. This is not one of those circumstances.

I get PayPal has issues. For people that know each other it does not. For normal buying/selling with trustworthy people, it does not. This is a simple "here is money let me set up shipping" transaction for the game.

Money order/Check = I am at risk
Pickup in person = radio silent, already shown that happened once with this seller. Heck I had people on standby with a deal we agreed on an he self admittedly "waffled" on this and did not respond.

Again, this is what I have to go by in a personal experience with the seller.

#39 7 years ago

With all this talk about all of these "don't do this" type of stuff people in droves were more than willing to empty their pockets to "players" and "game designers" with no experience or rep in the buying/selling world but with someone with tons of experience I am the one that is getting questioned....

Baffling how this works here......Predator, Magic Girl, I mean, you should have heard the defense on those. There is ZERO worry with me. Proven for 20 years with this.

Again, baffling.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

What I gather here is you are saying I am not trustworthy because I "might" do a chargeback?

I have no idea if you are trustworthy or not.

You are just an avatar on the internet.

-

But even if I knew you personally, I would not take Paypal as payment on a $5,000 item.

It's nothing personal, I assure you.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I have no idea if you are trustworthy or not.
You are just an avatar on the internet.
-
But even if I knew you personally, I would not take Paypal as payment on a $5,000 item.
It's nothing personal, I assure you.

Again, two minutes of research/due diligence about me on the internet. But fair enough if you loathe PayPal that much. It is by far the most convenient but "everyone" runs the risk of being ripped off in every transaction on the planet by this logic.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I get PayPal has issues. For people that know each other it does not.

Even if I know you personally, Paypal can (and usually will) screw me.

If I sell you a game, taking Paypal as payment, and your bitch wife reverses the charges on your credit card, I'm 100% out the money.

It does not matter if I know you, does it?

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

but "everyone" runs the risk of being ripped off in every transaction on the planet by this logic.

No, on large purchases, most people use an IES so neither party can be ripped off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-not-get-ripped-off-in-pinball-vids-guide#post-1813455

#44 7 years ago

I can vouch for Kurt being a great guy to deal with. I've delt with him several times and hope to do it again. If I was buying from him I'd pay him anyway he wanted it and not worry about it one bit. Ed

#45 7 years ago

Was this thread about a Joust pin. for sale or am I reading another thread?

#46 7 years ago

I've bought and sold tens of thousands of dollars with Dreamtr over the past 10+ years. He's about as reputable as they come.

#47 7 years ago

This particular Joust has a significant amount of playfield restoration required.
Playfield planking is unrepairable due to age.

GLWS.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from BenHieu:

Was this thread about a Joust pin. for sale or am I reading another thread?

The nonsense keeps it bumped to the top, so the pin is getting lots of exposure.

#49 7 years ago

I have never, and I know of zero people who have ever used an escrow service. I'm positive "most" people don't.

If you don't fully trust the person selling the game, don't buy it. I've been screwed, but never for full value, and never from people who have a good rep.

Things don't work out perfectly when you are in a hurry or taking more risks than necessary, or have to force the purchase.

Common sense can make any payment method "safe and secure".

Quoted from vid1900:

most people use an IES so neither party can be ripped off.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Common sense can make any payment method "safe and secure".

Really???

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-joust-williams-1983 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.