• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20161208-195528 (resized).png
IMG_7203 (resized).JPG
IMG_7200 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Priced perfectly. Its an extremely rare game, I have one. Super unique. SO much going on, toys all over, shots, etc... I would guess there are 3 to 5 in the whole US.. Someone jump on this or you'll kick youself later.. Buy it, have fun with it, and you'll always have the value / money in it to get right back out. I always jump on opportunities like this. Not just because it's rare, but is just so goddamn different it adds variety to any collection.
GLWS !

Uh, there are more than 5 verne's world in the us and it had a production of 100. As for jumping on it now? These come up very rarely and parts are very tough to come by so don't expect to buy a beater and fix it. Not in the mood to start an argument over price, but for anyone interested do your homework on what they have sold for in the past. Also take a good look at what these are worth in their native lands and the actual cost of importing.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

So you are saying this is a good deal then, right?

I am saying whoever is interested needs to do their homework. Nothing for or against because if you say anything that isn't purely positive someone gets their panties in a knot.

Quoted from Whysnow:

this is actually spot on for what they have sold for...
It is a rare and fun deck and this one looks really nice!

If you say so.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That's what I thought.....
The OP is very respected in this pinball community. He is one of the good dudes. Your "homework" comments are really a bullshit thing to do in this thread. This isn't the case of someone trying to sell a Silverball Mania for 5 grand. You knew full well posting it it was a scumbag move.

You are right, should have known better. I wasn't beaming with positivity and you went and got your panties in a knot. I will go flog myself 20 times with a broken flipper bat to atone for such a sin as suggesting someone do research.

For the record, I never said the op was overpriced so perhaps you should use a brain cell before calling me a scumbag.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds to me like trying to import would be a PITA and costly?

makes more sense to just buy a nice one stateside from a reputable seller if you are interested.

Might want to link to the thread over just posting a single comment from it. I spoke with the seller in that case. He lived in Spain but wanted well above what they sell for there. He felt he deserved a premium because he was willing to deal with an international buyer, but was going to do nothing other than sell the machine. IE buyer does all the work.

I talked to him and with a few that have imported specific machines as this is/was on my list. Came very near to getting one already in the US, but opted for mystery castle.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I actually disagree here.
You should have just been a man about it and said "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much". Simple as that and you would have gotten constructive rebuttal. Instead, by saying "do your homework" you make it seem like the OP is ripping someone off.
You may also want to sharpen up your reading comprehension skills as I said you knew it was a "scumbag move". I never called you a scumbag, nor did I ever use the word "overpriced". Your guilty conscience is using the word overpriced.
Hmmn, so really, who is it that has their panties in a bunch?
It seems as if my brain cell is doing just fine.

Last post on this one because the point of telling folks to do their research wasn't to derail the entire for sale thread. Typical pinside, failure to post adoration for group think results in a fight.

I said do their homework. Never said it was over priced. Never said its not worth it. Its worth it if you have to have a jolly park right now and do not want to do the leg work or wait for another. Its worth it if you want a nice jolly park rather than a beater because as I said, good luck trying to fix up a beater. There are so few of these available (here or overseas) that you just can't expect to buy one on any given sunday.

In terms of being worth it? Its a mediocre game from a defunct company that you cannot get parts for. Its desirable because its different, but there is a reason it failed to sell in the first place. I opted for Mystery Castle over this, but that is just my opinion.

And yes, if you say I pulled a scumbag move you are inferring that I am a scumbag.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Ok, lets see who is paying attention. What was my opinion that Dung's doesn't match?

How about both of you just drop it? If you want to continue this why not create a separate thread? If you have a problem with me vdojaq send a pm or heck open a thread and we can bash heads pointlessly and kill a few hours.

I posted my opinion on the game. You posted yours. Discuss the actual sale or let's all just get out and let others do some talking.

3 weeks later
#105 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

Just because people listed that they have it, does not mean they actually have it.

Usually if they have it listed they own it. With 14 people you could easily message all of them and ask.

There are a number of collectors who refuse to list their machines on here even though they are members. Also a lot of collectors in the US who do not like pinside or have never heard of it so the number within the US is going to be higher than what you see on here. Anyone's guess how many. The game is certainly rare, but if you think there are less than 14 int he us you are sadly mistaken.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jolly-park-3?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.