• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20161208-195528 (resized).png
IMG_7203 (resized).JPG
IMG_7200 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Jolly Park

Added: 2016-12-07 00:33:38 UTC
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

#2 7 years ago

Good luck, Jay. I sold mine too.

#3 7 years ago

Never heard of this game before. Interesting stuff about it. GLWS.

#4 7 years ago

great game and great price I have sold like 4 of these but still keep one its favorite at all shows I take it too

#5 7 years ago

Stand up guy to purchase a machine from. Buy with confidence.

#6 7 years ago

I had one for a while. Fun pin.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks for the bumps dudes

#8 7 years ago

GLWS JB!

Brad

#9 7 years ago

IMG_7200 (resized).JPGIMG_7200 (resized).JPG

IMG_7203 (resized).JPGIMG_7203 (resized).JPG

#11 7 years ago

Wow very colorful....

#12 7 years ago

I like the googly eye mod

#13 7 years ago

Never heard of it. I'm surprised so expensive but to each his/her own. Glwts

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from moonwk:

Never heard of it. I'm surprised so expensive but to each his/her own. Glwts

Jolly park is super rare

#15 7 years ago

Great Game !!! GLWS !!

#16 7 years ago

+1 for the ColorDMD list, GLWS.

#17 7 years ago

Must say I've never heard of this title. I LIKE it though. Little pricey though

#18 7 years ago

I was for sure this was an EM and was confused by the price of the game. Very interesting indeed.

#19 7 years ago

Priced perfectly. Its an extremely rare game, I have one. Super unique. SO much going on, toys all over, shots, etc... I would guess there are 3 to 5 in the whole US.. Someone jump on this or you'll kick youself later.. Buy it, have fun with it, and you'll always have the value / money in it to get right back out. I always jump on opportunities like this. Not just because it's rare, but is just so goddamn different it adds variety to any collection.

GLWS !

#20 7 years ago

I had a friend who sold one about three years ago for $6000. I'd say this is priced right.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I would guess there are 3 to 5 in the whole US

14 people on PS alone have one in their collection. It is a rare game, but there's probably at least twice the ones listed on PS here in the U.S.

#22 7 years ago

Sure would like to see one in person....

#23 7 years ago

fun game

always dug the art

GLWS

#24 7 years ago

I played this very game at Jay's last spring & to say its clean is an understatement , its in really nice cond. sure wish I was closer as I remember admiring this one a lot

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

14 people on PS alone have one in their collection. It is a rare game, but there's probably at least twice the ones listed on PS here in the U.S.

That's why I said it was a guess.. who knows... It's a Spanish game - would tend to lend itself to low numbers... That's cool there's more out there... But 14 is still slim pickins !... Priced perfectly for what it is and rarity.

#26 7 years ago

I bring mine every year to PINBALL Expo and OHIO show

#27 7 years ago

The art on this game is the most naked clothed woman on any game.

#28 7 years ago

That custom "backglass" LOL

#29 7 years ago

Googley eye mod

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Priced perfectly. Its an extremely rare game, I have one. Super unique. SO much going on, toys all over, shots, etc... I would guess there are 3 to 5 in the whole US.. Someone jump on this or you'll kick youself later.. Buy it, have fun with it, and you'll always have the value / money in it to get right back out. I always jump on opportunities like this. Not just because it's rare, but is just so goddamn different it adds variety to any collection.
GLWS !

Uh, there are more than 5 verne's world in the us and it had a production of 100. As for jumping on it now? These come up very rarely and parts are very tough to come by so don't expect to buy a beater and fix it. Not in the mood to start an argument over price, but for anyone interested do your homework on what they have sold for in the past. Also take a good look at what these are worth in their native lands and the actual cost of importing.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

......... Not in the mood to start an argument over price, but for anyone interested do your homework on what they have sold for in the past. Also take a good look at what these are worth in their native lands and the actual cost of importing.

So you are saying this is a good deal then, right?

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

what they have sold for in the past

this is actually spot on for what they have sold for...

It is a rare and fun deck and this one looks really nice!

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

So you are saying this is a good deal then, right?

I am saying whoever is interested needs to do their homework. Nothing for or against because if you say anything that isn't purely positive someone gets their panties in a knot.

Quoted from Whysnow:

this is actually spot on for what they have sold for...
It is a rare and fun deck and this one looks really nice!

If you say so.

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I am saying whoever is interested needs to do their homework. Nothing for or against because if you say anything that isn't purely positive someone gets their panties in a knot.

If you say so.

That's what I thought.....

The OP is very respected in this pinball community. He is one of the good dudes. Your "homework" comments are really a bullshit thing to do in this thread. This isn't the case of someone trying to sell a Silverball Mania for 5 grand. You knew full well posting it it was a scumbag move.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

The OP is very respected in this pinball community. He is one of the good dudes. Your "homework" comments are really a bullshit thing to do in this thread. This isn't the case of someone trying to sell a Silverball Mania for 5 grand. You knew full well posting it it was a scumbag move.

It's not a "scumbag move" to comment about price in for sale threads. It's one person's opinion, it has no more or no less weight than other's comments about the price being "perfect".

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You are right, should have known better. I wasn't beaming with positivity and you went and got your panties in a knot. I will go flog myself 20 times with a broken flipper bat to atone for such a sin as suggesting someone do research.

For the record, I never said the op was overpriced so perhaps you should use a brain cell before calling me a scumbag.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Also take a good look at what these are worth in their native lands and the actual cost of importing.

sounds to me like trying to import would be a PITA and costly?

Quoted from dung:

Pity. Honestly I would be interested, but for the shipping part.
As a buyer I have to figure out a way to pay you. Arrange someone to get it out of there and onto a ship. Get the paperwork done to get it through customers here. Arrange it to be shipped from the dock.
This is all supposing you are an honest and stand up guy. That the machine is in the condition you described. That nothing happens to it in transit from your place to the docks there. From the Docks there via ship to the docks here. Gets through customs without incident. Gets loaded onto a semi here and to my door. All this without anything getting wrecked, stolen, or you pulling any funny business.
That is a lot of headache and grief ....

Quoted from pinlawyer:

I bought and imported mine. Total shipping via British Airways Freight was, IIRC, $900.

makes more sense to just buy a nice one stateside from a reputable seller if you are interested.

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds to me like trying to import would be a PITA and costly?

makes more sense to just buy a nice one stateside from a reputable seller if you are interested.

Might want to link to the thread over just posting a single comment from it. I spoke with the seller in that case. He lived in Spain but wanted well above what they sell for there. He felt he deserved a premium because he was willing to deal with an international buyer, but was going to do nothing other than sell the machine. IE buyer does all the work.

I talked to him and with a few that have imported specific machines as this is/was on my list. Came very near to getting one already in the US, but opted for mystery castle.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

You are right, should have known better. I wasn't beaming with positivity and you went and got your panties in a knot. I will go flog myself 20 times with a broken flipper bat to atone for such a sin as suggesting someone do research.
For the record, I never said the op was overpriced so perhaps you should use a brain cell before calling me a scumbag.

I actually disagree here.

You should have just been a man about it and said "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much". Simple as that and you would have gotten constructive rebuttal. Instead, by saying "do your homework" you make it seem like the OP is ripping someone off.

You may also want to sharpen up your reading comprehension skills as I said you knew it was a "scumbag move". I never called you a scumbag, nor did I ever use the word "overpriced". Your guilty conscience is using the word overpriced.

Hmmn, so really, who is it that has their panties in a bunch?

It seems as if my brain cell is doing just fine.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You should have just been a man about it and said "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much". Simple as that and you would have gotten constructive rebuttal. Instead, by saying "do your homework" you make it seem like the OP is ripping someone off.
You may also want to sharpen up your reading comprehension skills as I said you knew it was a "scumbag move". I never called you a scumbag, nor did I ever use the word "overpriced". Your guilty conscience is using the word overpriced.

Last post on this one because the point of telling folks to do their research wasn't to derail the entire for sale thread. Typical pinside, failure to post adoration for group think results in a fight.

I said do their homework. Never said it was over priced. Never said its not worth it. Its worth it if you have to have a jolly park right now and do not want to do the leg work or wait for another. Its worth it if you want a nice jolly park rather than a beater because as I said, good luck trying to fix up a beater. There are so few of these available (here or overseas) that you just can't expect to buy one on any given sunday.

In terms of being worth it? Its a mediocre game from a defunct company that you cannot get parts for. Its desirable because its different, but there is a reason it failed to sell in the first place. I opted for Mystery Castle over this, but that is just my opinion.

And yes, if you say I pulled a scumbag move you are inferring that I am a scumbag.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It's still not a scumbag move to talk about price. That's what these for sale threads are for. If seller doesn't want a thread they don't have to create one.

You seem to be trying to start an argument with your aggressive language.

Jolly Park is pretty unique. I played Mike's at Expo. I think some sell for less but as rare as they are I'd say OP can ask whatever he wants and the market will decide if it's worth it.

#43 7 years ago

Just a reminder: people who post games such as this in the forum can expect two things (1) plenty of bumps and exposure, and (2) discussion on the price. Not a big deal.

I think this game looks cool as heck. I agree some parts would be hard to find if they break, technology is moving quickly in refabricating parts though, so there is always that.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Its worth it if you have to have a jolly park right now and do not want to do the leg work or wait for another

average wait time appears to be around 2 plus years. Just a FYI.

Also, you would not be commenting if you were not still actively looking, just sayin...

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It's still not a scumbag move to talk about price. That's what these for sale threads are for. If seller doesn't want a thread they don't have to create one.
You seem to be trying to start an argument with your aggressive language.
Jolly Park is pretty unique. I played Mike's at Expo. I think some sell for less but as rare as they are I'd say OP can ask whatever he wants and the market will decide if it's worth it.

Aggressive language? Shame on me......

Never, ever claimed it's wrong to talk about price. I am very clear that I feel it's wrong to tell others to go do their homework on someone else's for sale thread unless it's a blatant error in pricing.

I stand by my words, it was a bullshit move and he knows it.

Oh my, it's that aggressive language again!

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

You should have just been a man about it and said "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much".

Quoted from vdojaq:

I am very clear that I feel it's wrong to tell others to go do their homework on someone else's for sale thread

So you are saying it would be better to just say "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much", than telling someone to just do their homework before purchasing? I couldn't disagree more. Sounds like you would rather no one comment unless it is in total agreement with your opinion.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

It's not a "scumbag move" to comment about price in for sale threads. It's one person's opinion, it has no more or no less weight than other's comments about the price being "perfect".

Then why not just be forward about it and say that's too much?

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So you are saying it would be better to just say "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much", than telling someone to just do their homework before purchasing? I couldn't disagree more. Sounds like you would rather no one comment unless it is in total agreement with your opinion.

Not true at all. I am advocating saying the truth, not beating around the bush. Are you all blind that the guy was 100% insinuating the game was overpriced? Fine, no problem, just come out and say it.

#49 7 years ago

I WAS following this thread because I like the game. Bickering hasn't gotten old per usual. GLWS OP..................

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So you are saying it would be better to just say "I don't care for the game and I don't think it's worth that much", than telling someone to just do their homework before purchasing? I couldn't disagree more.

Unfortunately, I've seen people catch flack for saying both. So there's really no way around it.

I understand what dung was trying to do--let folks make up their own mind based on their research on past sales (few that there are). So right now, he's catching some heat for that. On the other hand, if he expressed his opinion with a dollar amount, he would have caught some heat from that as well (ie, "It's a rare game, that's low balling! etc).

How would you suggest someone express their opinion then?

In any case, for me personally, I think it's a bit on the high side. But it is rare, and it is an interesting game. I wouldn't mind owning one, but it doesn't interest me at this price. Maybe it will interest someone else, who knows.

There are 111 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-jolly-park-3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.