51 (resized).JPG
48 (resized).jpg
45 (resized).jpg
44 (resized).jpg
42 (resized).JPG
38 (resized).JPG
37.5 (resized).JPG
36 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Joker Poker EM

Added: 2021-04-17 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (August 1st, 2021) • Ended: August 26th, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 4,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

IPDB states there were 136 produced for the domestic market.

Game plays 100% for all players. No known electrical, mechanical, scoring, bonus or match issues with working original coin mechs.

Original Backglass is 9.5/10
Original Playfield is 9/10
Original Cabinet is 9.5/10

The following are all original: backglass, playfield, cabinet, legs and levelers, flippers, pop bumpers, playfield plastics (new, uninstalled PBR plastic set included, if those chips bother you), glass, drop target assemblies, step-up units, chimes, plunger (gorgeous), knocker, tilt mechs, coin mechanism, coin catcher, etc.

Backglass is bright, no fade, no flaking with three very small damaged spots.

Playfield is 100% smooth and level (except for inserts). Playfield clearcoat is slightly damaged in “B” rollover lane. Playfield has original clearcoat. It looks like it was rolled into storage 40 years ago.

Cabinet is rock solid, with no damage, no rot. Cabinet paint is 100% original, pristine, no fade, not retouched.

Replaced parts: rubber kit, 7 new drop targets, pop bumper caps.
All bulbs and bulb sockets working, mostly original bulbs with some replacement 47s. All switches and step-up units cleaned and adjusted. Playfield stripped and cleaned with Novus. Posts and plastics removed and cleaned. All score reels disassembled, adjusted, cleaned and reassembled. Lock-on coil on coin mechanism unsoldered. Included is a new set of art plastics from PBR.

Game has ALL original documentation. Includes two keys for the original head and one key for the original coin door. Game had been sitting in climate-controlled storage for a LONG time. Seems like it was stored away and forgotten. Game counter shows 27,156 plays.

Asking $4,500.

I can provide more pictures and (live) video by request.

This machine is located in Knoxville, TN 37932 and can be shipped through CRST/STI at buyer's expense. Their number is ###-###-#### [phone number removed], and they can provide a free quote for the move door-to-door.

Item photos

2 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
6 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
9 (resized).JPG
10 (resized).JPG
11 (resized).JPG
12 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
15 (resized).JPG
16 (resized).JPG
18 (resized).JPG
20 (resized).JPG
21 (resized).jpg
22 (resized).jpg
23 (resized).jpg
24 (resized).jpg
25 (resized).JPG
26 (resized).jpg
27a (resized).JPG
29 (resized).JPG
32 (resized).JPG
33 (resized).JPG
36 (resized).JPG
37.4 (resized).JPG
37.5 (resized).JPG
38 (resized).JPG
42 (resized).JPG
44 (resized).jpg
45 (resized).jpg
48 (resized).jpg
51 (resized).JPG
53 (resized).JPG
55 (resized).JPG
61 (resized).JPG
62 (resized).JPG
63 (resized).JPG
68 (resized).jpg
69 (resized).jpg
70 (resized).jpg
72 (resized).jpg
74 (resized).jpg
76 (resized).jpg
100 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg
7 (resized).jpg
104 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are JLaw's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to JLaw's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,800

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Knoxville, TN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

#2 2 years ago

nevermind.

#3 2 years ago

I wish I could be that simple but... The price is 3X inflated for the condition. Only 120 left in the USA, you have absolutely no way of knowing or proving that. Do you know how many machines are found in attics and dungeon basements...quite a few.
This is nothing more than a predatorial for sale ad looking for a newbie that doesn't know the real value of these machines.
-Mike

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I wish I could be that simple but... The price is 3X inflated for the condition. Only 120 left in the USA, you have absolutely no way of knowing or proving that. Do you know how many machines are found in attics and dungeon basements...quite a few.
This is nothing more than a predatorial for sale ad looking for a newbie that doesn't know the real value of these machines.
-Mike

This. I was just practicing the Thumper from Bambi rule. Lol

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Let’s tell them clearly.

Newbies, this for sale ad is what we call a “rip off”. It is being advertised at an absurdly high price by what effectively is a brand new user here (4 posts). If by happenstance the original poster of this ad ever responds here to justify the insane price tag, or to get mad at me pointing out that he is wasting your time, it is all just bull crap. As a newb, when you are shopping for a new machine, please ask advice from neutral experienced people. This isn’t just slightly high, this isn’t overpriced, this ad is absurd.

And to the poster of this ad, good luck with your sale.

#6 2 years ago

There is a Guns n Roses SE for sale right now for about the same price ($100 difference).

Maybe take this game and make an offer for that one straight up?

#7 2 years ago

This game has been at every show I’ve ever attended, and was probably in every arcade I ever frequented.

120 in the US? Mmmmkay...

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This game has been at every show I’ve ever attended, and was probably in every arcade I ever frequented.
120 in the US? Mmmmkay...

To be fair, it was probably the SS version you saw everywhere. I mean, there is one in my basement right now.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

To be fair, it was probably the SS version you saw everywhere. I mean, there is one in my basement right now.

Could be. Is this game like EK in that regard?

#10 2 years ago

The comment about the 120 units remain is such a joke... There are less EMs than SSs. I’ll agree with that. Honestly, this is a bigger rip off than the $30,000 Pirates of the Caribbean that is currently listed for sale. I say that currently owning a Joker Poker.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Could be. Is this game like EK in that regard?

In that late seventies timeframe there were quite a few pins that were released as both an EM and a SS... often the rules are a little different on them. Or are you asking about common-ness of the SS version vs. the EM? If so... I would guess usually the SS is the more common version. But what do I know?

#12 2 years ago

There were 820 EM versions of this machine made, so this is fairly rare.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

There were 820 EM versions of this machine made, so this is fairly rare.

But not 7.5K rare!!

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

But not 7.5K rare!!

No. I’d like to have a Joker Poker EM, but I wouldn’t pay near that. They are worth more than the SS version of this title though.

#15 2 years ago

Not really into rarity. More likely to buy SS version. Very fun game! Was outbid on EBay a few years ago on the EM version. Later felt like a winner for losing.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1306

According to IPDB, Joker Poker EM:

Quantity produced - domestic: 136
Quantity produced - export: 684
Total quantity produced: 820

I can keep it, just thought a collector might want a beautiful original. This ad is not aimed at newbies. Not a predator.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from JLaw:

I can keep it

Or lower your price to what it's worth!

#18 2 years ago

You checked “Price is firm” and “open to offers”. Those are usually mutually exclusive.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

mutually exclusive.

Haven’t heard that since statistics in college.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from JLaw:

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1306
According to IPDB, Joker Poker EM:
Quantity produced - domestic: 136
Quantity produced - export: 684
Total quantity produced: 820
I can keep it, just thought a collector might want a beautiful original. This ad is not aimed at newbies. Not a predator.

You are not a predator to the half or more of the population that is not insane. Do not validate that comment. Ask whatever the hell you want to ask, and it will either sell, or it won't sell(speaking on this forum at least).

#21 2 years ago

I’ve got to say that after I first saw the EM playfield, the SS playfield really bugs me. On the EM, the joker has a face and the body with the hands on the slings and the feet in the outlanes really make visual sense. On the SS the head has been decapitated and replaced with just a hat and nothing about it makes sense (to me) anymore. What was Gottlieb thinking?

I don’t know what the “right” price is on this game, but in my mind the EM should have a significant premium over the SS game based on rarity and aesthetics alone. GLWS!

Update: I was trying to keep my reply short and on topic, but in the spirit of full disclosure I do own a populated Joker Poker EM playfield. I'm not sure how rational this is, but I don't think I'd trade my EM playfield for a complete SS game in equivalent condition. That's how much the art change on the SS bugs me! (And I'm out of space anyway!) Again, GLWS!

#22 2 years ago

GLWTS, she's a keeper!

#23 2 years ago

I think you will have an easier time hitting your side drop targets if you add more drop to your lower flippers. Those lower flippers are pretty flat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-joker-poker-em-5?hl=jlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.