(Topic ID: 149647)

For sale: Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)

By cheshirefilms

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by FrostyMug
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).png
bill-pullman_(resized).jpg
20160117_095432_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-37-29_(resized).png
Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-44-12_(resized).png
20160117_093713_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)

Added: January 17th, 2016 Ended: January 19th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

As I need to move by May to southern California for business reasons (and I want to buy a GoT when I get there), for sale, now, is my collector's level, tricked-out Johnny Mnemonic. Obviously if youre not into paying a premium on a rare collector's level JM with all the bells and whistles, this ones not for you. Gorgeous playfield, no broken plastics, full cointaker LED kit, color DMD, brand new Lockdown bar, mirror blades, gorgeous rails. Plastic protector kit incoming. Cabinet is super clean and decals are red all the way around. Hope this amazing collector's game finds a wonderful new home. Local pick up or by NAVL is fine, but you assume the risk of shipping (advise you pay for NAVL insurance, of course, just to be safe).

Item photos

20160117_093713_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-44-12_(resized).png
Screenshot_2016-01-17-09-37-29_(resized).png
20160117_095432_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Plano, TX, US

Seller insights

These are cheshirefilms's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to cheshirefilms's stats page

#4 4 years ago

#7 4 years ago

It looks nice, but not $4000 nice, it is still a JM no matter how you slice it.

#8 4 years ago

No worries, as May approaches that "firm" price will be dropping I have one in similar condition and would love to get $4k out of it.

#9 4 years ago

I paid 1,500 for my mint pf, mint plastics, led, new x n y nuts, new motors, players cab but non faded color JM. I am missing a color dmd and tricked out bling like mirror blades, lock bar, etc. If I add that stuff does it mean mine is worth $4k? I would like that value but doubt it would happen. Either way, good luck with the sale!

#10 4 years ago

Did you notice the number of unsold archived ads? Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose. There is a CL ad in Austin TX asking double what a Demolition Man and Last Action Hero are going for. Maybe they'll get lucky. Good luck to them.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Did you notice the number of unsold archived ads? Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose. There is a CL ad in Austin TX asking double what a Demolition Man and Last Action Hero are going for. Maybe they'll get lucky. Good luck to them.

Is this the OP creating a duplicate account to pump his own sale thread?

#12 4 years ago

"Pinside Price Police" strikes again...

#13 4 years ago

I've tried selling my TZs in the past here, no one ever paid attention. Seems like an insider's market, where people who know others pump up their friends' listings. I sold one of my TZs via Facebook pinball classifieds this week, and within a day at that. If you dont like the price that collectors examples draw, don't buy. Plenty of players JMs in the sea w/o a color DMD for the $2100-2400 pinside est value price.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I paid 1,500 for my mint pf, mint plastics, led, new x n y nuts, new motors, players cab but non faded color JM. I am missing a color dmd and tricked out bling like mirror blades, lock bar, etc. If I add that stuff does it mean mine is worth $4k? I would like that value but doubt it would happen. Either way, good luck with the sale!

No, because you still have a players condition cabinet and thus the added features just make yours a much nicer players condition game. Same applies to any other game.Thanks for the well wishes! Hopefully one or both of my remaining games gets a nice new home before my move.

#15 4 years ago

Are the decals original? Or replacements?

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

I've tried selling my TZs in the past here, no one ever paid attention. Seems like an insider's market, where people who know others pump up their friends' listings. I sold one of my TZs via Facebook pinball classifieds this week, and within a day at that. If you dont like the price that collectors examples draw, don't buy. Plenty of players JMs in the sea w/o a color DMD for the $2100-2400 pinside est value price.

I sold one with a cabinet and playfield as nice as yours for $2100 a couple months ago, and bought it from another Pinsider for $2100 several months before that. It didn't have the color DMD or LEDs, though.

If yours was priced in line with that, it would be more like $2700. Others comparable to yours have failed to sell over $3k.

$4k is absurd.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Are the decals original? Or replacements?

Decals are original.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

I sold one with a cabinet and playfield as nice as yours for $2100 a couple months ago, and bought it from another Pinsider for $2100 several months before that. It didn't have the color DMD or LEDs, though.
If yours was priced in line with that, it would be more like $2700. Others comparable to yours have failed to sell over $3k.
$4k is absurd.</blockquote

That's easier to say, harder to prove. Your opinion is noted. I'll let the market decide.

#19 4 years ago

Market will determine price.
Pinside isn't best place to sell a pin

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Only because pinside will have the most knowledgeable buyers

#21 4 years ago

The problem is at $4000 firm, is also in the price range of a lot of more sought after titles.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Great place to buy one though

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

The problem is at $4000 firm, is also in the price range of a lot of more sought after titles.

...in players condition, or a used, common to find, Stern pro. The market on collectors BW vintage game examples vs. players games is apples and oranges. Different audiences, different products, different wallets.

Still a fair chance I take JM with me to CA if I don't get my price. But I hope to sell JM or TZ, if not both, to make room for my first new pin- hopefully GoT Premium

#24 4 years ago

I really enjoy my JM. Fun game bump.

#25 4 years ago

You've got beautiful machines, brother. GLWTS! (I, for one, think it's worth it...but I'm a guy who's willing to pay for clean, modded machines.)

#26 4 years ago

...in players condition, or a used, common to find, Stern pro. The market on collectors BW vintage game examples vs. players games is apples and oranges. Different audiences, different products, different wallets.
Still a fair chance I take JM with me to CA if I don't get my price. But I hope to sell JM or TZ, if not both, to make room for my first new pin- hopefully GoT Premium

I will list just one of the many, CONGO!

#27 4 years ago

I agree its not easy to find original collector quality b/w pins. Im glad to own a few and have sold a few . They are definitely a treat

#28 4 years ago

Well, i own a HUO mint Comet , how many of these do you see? Can i sell it for $2800 to $3000 ?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You've got beautiful machines, brother. GLWTS! (I, for one, think it's worth it...but I'm a guy who's willing to pay for clean, modded machines.)

Thanks, man! It's funny, no one has even chimed in on my TZ till you, just now.. Pinside lol

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Well, i own a HUO mint Comet , how many of these do you see? Can i sell it for $2800 to $3000 ?

Give it up. Comet is a non-DMD, shallow BW game from the 80s. Apples to oranges. Again.

I won't be defending any further. This game is what it is. It isn't meant for everybody.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I will list just one of the many, CONGO!

Also Congo can't hold a candle to JM...

#32 4 years ago

DMD means nothing ! JM sucks, i was going to mention your TZ when i seen you judging the other one on here for sale. Downing his machine for some scratches on his side rails. It is alright for you to down this guys TZ but not your over priced JM? Most likely you will be taken your machines to your new home.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

DMD means nothing ! JM sucks

Not true... JM is F*ing awesome. But at mint... it is still a 2.5k machine... Not $4k.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Not true... JM is F*ing awesome. But it is a 2-2.5k machine... Not $4k.

It'd be 4K if Keanu Reeves wasn't all over it

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It'd be 4K if Keanu Reeves wasn't all over it

I wish it had more Keanu Reeves

#36 4 years ago

I wish it had more Keanu Reeves

#37 4 years ago

JM is one of my favorite games...great pin. I'd agree a nice one generally lands in the 2.1-2.4 range... the one posted by the OP looks to be exceptional. Of course, I'd need to look it over with my own eyes before digging into my pockets, but I don't see 2.8-3K being out of the question for a total cherry HUO collector's quality JM.

#38 4 years ago

Not true... JM is F*ing awesome. But at mint... it is still a 2.5k machine... Not $4k.

I agree. Great game! There is a large part of the pinball community, that still today, will argue it is the fastest playfield ever made! It truly is a very very very fast playing pin! I will not be selling mine ever.

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is this the OP creating a duplicate account to pump his own sale thread?

While both accounts are both in Texas, their IPs are not overlapping and the cities are separated by roughly 190 miles.

So to answer your question, "No. Based on the IP addresses as well as additional information, The OP did not create a duplicate account. "

Marcus

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from FrostyMug:

I agree. Great game! There is a large part of the pinball community, that still today, will argue it is the fastest playfield ever made! It truly is a very very very fast playing pin! I will not be selling mine ever.

Yeah, it is a keeper for me as well. But would never pay 4k nor should anyone ask 4k.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

DMD means nothing ! JM sucks, i was going to mention your TZ when i seen you judging the other one on here for sale. Downing his machine for some scratches on his side rails. It is alright for you to down this guys TZ but not your over priced JM? Most likely you will be taken your machines to your new home.

I offered darn good advice to fix said scratches and help him make his sale. I wasn't, I dunno, trolling based on price?

#42 4 years ago

I offered darn good advice to fix said scratches and help him make his sale. I wasn't, I dunno, trolling based on price?

I saw what you did there.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

JM is one of my favorite games...great pin. I'd agree a nice one generally lands in the 2.1-2.4 range... the one posted by the OP looks to be exceptional. Of course, I'd need to look it over with my own eyes before digging into my pockets, but I don't see 2.8-3K being out of the question for a total cherry HUO collector's quality JM.

Mine also has a $500 color DMD. At $3500 as for mine I wouldn't say heck no out of principle. I just want to let the market play itself out. Anyway, I know I've said this before, but I'm going dark on the thread from now on. Hope some cool people reach out who are interested.

Side note, if one game happens to sell of the lot, I hope it's the TZ. And its not because its priced higher. I'm actually enjoying JM more these days. Way harder. I've gotten to LiTZ like a couple dozen times. I know all the shots by muscle memory. I still haven't gotten to power down on JM!

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

comet aint no JM

on the contrair JM is an awesome game!

#45 4 years ago

Mine also has a $500 color DMD.

I didn't know ColorDMD raised their price. GLWS.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

$400 plus shipping and they're sold out right now. Sorry I missed the mark a tad, but a fair enough point.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Still $399. Same price as always.

#48 4 years ago

Still $399. Same price as always.

I know. Making a subtle point.

JM is an excellent game and I really enjoyed it when I owned one. This one looks very nice. Good luck.

#49 4 years ago

I'm not an expert, nor do I play one on TV, but that is one beautiful game. Love the blades and the LEDs are damn near perfect. GLWThesale.

#50 4 years ago

Mine also has a $500 color DMD. At $3500 as for mine I wouldn't say heck no out of principle. I just want to let the market play itself out. Anyway, I know I've said this before, but I'm going dark on the thread from now on. Hope some cool people reach out who are interested.
Side note, if one game happens to sell of the lot, I hope it's the TZ. And its not because its priced higher. I'm actually enjoying JM more these days. Way harder. I've gotten to LiTZ like a couple dozen times. I know all the shots by muscle memory. I still haven't gotten to power down on JM!

More proof you're a price stretcher.

Pinside is an excellent place to sell fairly priced pins. Not so much for "bend me over" priced pins.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside