(Topic ID: 147892)

For sale: Johnny Mnemonic (Williams, 1995)

By Bud

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Bud
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#3 8 years ago

That price is obscene. I just bought and sold one without wrinkled decals and a broken plastic, no fade, 100% working for $2100

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Sounds like you were very eager to dump it, at that price. Unfaded JMs in pristine shape are rare and rightfully command a reasonable premium. This one, on the other hand, though blinged out, is far from pristine, and nowhere near a collector's game. In my mind, a true collector's JM with a color DMD *might* approach these kinds of dollars.

Not at all. I paid a fair price, had my fun, and sold it for the same.

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I assume this is $3750 OBRO? If it is then Collin who sold his stock one for 2100 is in the same neighborhood. This game has over a 1200 bucks worth of chrome and mods on it. Also this has the alternate cab decals, there is no Reeves's face is not on the cab.

Different =/= better. It's got a couple hundred bucks worth of chrome, if that's your preference, but serious collectors want a nice original over aftermarket decals. The guy who bought mine could easily have the side rails, lockdown bar, and coin door chromed and still be WELL under $3k, and it would be far nicer than this.

This is like a 1998 Honda Civic DX with a chrome exhaust and chrome accents on the trim, tribal decals on the side, and an AEM intake, but with nothing that makes it functionally better than average. And he's asking Mustang money for it. Oh, and the Smurf Puke LEDs aren't a plus.

#31 8 years ago

The fact that this post has a dozen thumbs up and no thumbs down says EVERYTHING.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Fix the ramp, then relist it

... For $2250 OBO
Agreed!

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Funny you state how perfect your JM was Colin, because the add you posted for your JM says otherwise, see below:
"Right ramp is cracked slightly at the top; this doesn't affect gameplay, and it will come with a new ramp and decals.
Small chip (about 1mm) in one of the mode inserts.
Right orbit switch was occasionally not registering; I hope to have this cleared up soon, though."
Cracked ramp, insert chips and switch errors don't constitute the picture your trying to paint onto my pin and why bash my smurf puke LEDs? I like smurf puke, it's happy!

Did I say perfect? I looked at the quote you pulled, and I don't see the word "perfect" in there anywhere. I said that with the original cabinet, which again is what serious collectors look for, is better than your overpriced game. Oh, and it was 56% of what you're asking. And the board were clean enough that you could eat off the back sides of them. And the buyer got a new ramp AND full set of ramp decals, and the game was fully working when he bought it. The buyer is happy, and the game has been error-free in the months since I sold it. Oh, and I sold it for 56% of your asking price. Again, that was A NICER GAME THAT I SOLD FOR LITERALLY 56% OF YOUR ASKING PRICE. Quit trying to dig for dirt on a game that sold for 56% of your asking price; you ain't gonna find it.

tl;dr: The game I sold was a FAR better deal than this, because I don't seek to rip people off.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Does the person want to sell it? I love JM and am a buyer for a mint one under 2600

I don't think so. He seems to be playing the daylights out of it. If you're patient, though, you should be able to find a very nice one in that range. I found my old one on here, and I think the seller was asking 2500ish. Good luck!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-johnny-mnemonic-williams-1995-2003?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.