pasted_image (resized).png
690D88D4-046D-42A3-9A89-F00369A781E7.jpeg
130E4266-695C-40BD-862C-C9021ECD5B14.jpeg
0886A3B0-6E46-41AC-98D9-0A21C3675B29.jpeg
A531F9A1-34D4-4ACF-A75D-048ED8B10CA7.jpeg
47BA237A-DC82-4A01-BB5D-DF228E040F9D.jpeg
F8E3062F-0866-4F1B-8CCC-4DC11AF3C5B4.jpeg
FB679222-3809-4120-8E01-67525C8867EA.jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago

agreed! let’s find out exactly what the market will bear!

#52 1 year ago

This marketplace thread is more entertaining than most of everything else on here and is worth at least a few bucks by itself! Well done 1963BSARGS and GLWTS!

#53 1 year ago

YOU ….FUCKING ROCK DUDE !!!!

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Decided to turn it on and give it another chance.
Still sucks.
$250 price drop

I just spit out beer I was laughing so hard!

#55 1 year ago

I get where this dude is coming from.

Sometimes you just want something gone.

I went through this with Rush after I realized I hated the music, didn't like the layout, and couldn't stand the "hilarious" Canadian dad jokes that punctuated every shot.

But still...at some point sanity must prevail!!! Keep your shit together man, you can't just give this goddamn thing away!

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

your not too far away. start driving my way and i’ll get the beer on ice.

I'm afraid the Bond licensor ruined this title. GLWS!

#57 1 year ago

If you're willing to take this big of a loss on a new machine, Why even buy new machines without playing them first? Why waste your time and money? Wait a year or so, if it's a good machine you may pay a bit more than original msrp but at least your not put in a situation like this again. Eaither way someone is going to get a great deal on this machine. I personally like the flow and layout, but I agree, the code needs a lot of work. Good luck.

#58 1 year ago

I feel like the pitchforks are going to turn away from Lonnie and start pointing their way toward the sarge...by LE owners who see this guy dedicated to making their games as worthless as possible.

It's like a reverse Goldfinger plot, where Aurich increases the world's supply of gold 10X to make his own supply and that of everybody else's worthless.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from Galooch:

This marketplace thread is more entertaining than most of everything else on here and is worth at least a few bucks by itself! Well done 1963BSARGS and GLWTS!

Agree 100%!

#60 1 year ago

We love to say that "Pinball machines aren't an 'investment'!" and yet here someone is selling at a loss and the rest of us are doing the risk calculations of whether we think the value is likely to grow in the next few months or decrease further

#61 1 year ago

Stern saw what JJP (TS4) was able to do with shitty resales and said hold my beer.

I can’t wait for Zach to give Bond a B+ rating.

#62 1 year ago

I thinks it’s a fuckin joke what these manufacturers are charging for NIB games. People are still buying without playing the game first and this is what happens. Stern, you should be ashamed of what you did with this Bond license, from release it has been nothing but a shit show.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I feel like the pitchforks are going to turn away from Lonnie and start pointing their way toward the sarge...by LE owners who see this guy dedicated to making their games as worthless as possible.
It's like a reverse Goldfinger plot, where Aurich increases the world's supply of gold 10X to make his own supply and that of everybody else's worthless.

Capitalism, pure and simple. What my ad proves is that the current asking prices are grossly inflated. I simply have the balls to call out a shit pin and let any potential buyers know what they are stepping in.

9B71A0AB-BC20-4BC1-A1D3-62660FE43731 (resized).jpeg9B71A0AB-BC20-4BC1-A1D3-62660FE43731 (resized).jpeg
#64 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Capitalism, pure and simple. What my ad proves is that the current asking prices are grossly inflated. I simply have the balls to call out a shit pin and let any potential buyers know what they are stepping in.[quoted image]

Damn!
2005EBDE-BBD2-4EB9-A287-16B6132D224A (resized).jpeg2005EBDE-BBD2-4EB9-A287-16B6132D224A (resized).jpeg

#65 1 year ago

It’s the price Stern, JJP etc are asking that’s a response to the flippers selling LEs at profit. They squeeze out the flippers but the honest buyers are paying the price.

I saw Bond, TS4, Scooby and backed away. I’m sure some games will hit and some will miss but the sheer number of LEs being offered is too high.

Hopefully Bond will rebound like other pins in the past with poor initial code.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

So you're both saying you think it may be shit code when the normal skill shot gets you 250k points, meanwhile the super skill shot gives you FOURTY TIMES that by hitting the Q scoop? Have a 10 minute ball, hit a million lit shots, play a MB, and have 8M points at the end of it. Meanwhile I can hold the left flipper on plunge, upnudge at the right time, and beat your score without flipping, and walk away from the ball? Lol, and we expect any better from a Lonnie game, why???

I was in a tournament just yesterday with a friend. We made the playoffs, he chose 007 and told me "hold left flipper, hit skillshot far right" and that was it.

He hit it twice, I hit it once, the other two guys didn't hit it at all but played the game 3-4x longer than we did.

He came in first, I came in second. lol.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Capitalism, pure and simple. What my ad proves is that the current asking prices are grossly inflated. I simply have the balls to call out a shit pin and let any potential buyers know what they are stepping in.[quoted image]

lol this is the most bad ass thread I've ever seen. OP you are my freakin hero.

It shoots OK. I hate how so many things are on the right side. But an improved code WILL improve the game.

You don't want to wait for the code? You'll potentially save a lot of money when a code comes out and if it's a huge improvement.

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Trying to get my brother to buy this as his first pin to go in a new game room.

As a non pin head he can’t wrap his mind around these pin prices.

I said “fire sale”. He says how much? $11k. He laughed

Says he’s sticking with Golden tee, bubble hockey and video games.

I see a “sale pending” soon!

Pinside loves a good beat down.

#69 1 year ago

People are dragging Toy Story into this....

I have a Toy Story CE... coincidentally we got the same day as the Bond LE. We really enjoy TS4. It also needs some updated code love, but that game is soooo much better than Bond.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Trying to get my brother to buy this as his first pin to go in a new game room.
As a non pin head he can’t wrap his mind around these pin prices.
I said “fire sale”. He says how much? $11k. He laughed
Says he’s sticking with Golden tee, bubble hockey and video games.
I see a “sale pending” soon!

Thanks Ice!

I’m just being brutally honest in my ad. Whenever I read a for sale ad that goes on about how much the seller loves the item, my first reaction is “then why the hell are you selling?”

This thing is in perfect condition. I just absolutely hate it. Everyone likes different things. Perhaps I have terrible taste. The potential buyer may love this pin. I just can’t put up a bullshit ad saying how great this pin is and that I am lamenting parting with it.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

lol this is the most bad ass thread I've ever seen. OP you are my freakin hero.
It shoots OK. I hate how so many things are on the right side. But an improved code WILL improve the game.
You don't want to wait for the code? You'll potentially save a lot of money when a code comes out and if it's a huge improvement.

I think Stern has code, but can’t get it approved by the Licensor.

#73 1 year ago

Everyone keeps ragging on the code for this game, but let's be honest the game has serious layout problems. Not one, not two, not three, but four separate mechs where flow and fun goes to die.

The upper scoop has to be the worst scoop placement in any pinball machine ever. The rocket area is clunk, wobble, snore, clunk, wobble. The upper diverter kills any fun from the upper flipper. And the pop bumpers are great if you like having time to chug your beer while the balls bounces around endlessly.

Enough with the Lonnie hate. The pitchforks should be aimed at Gomez on this snore fest!

#74 1 year ago

What really burns my ass is that JJPOTC, with nearly zero assets, is way better than Bond. Bond has no discernible direction. I can find no reason or goal that makes me want to play it. Its code structure is a near copy of IJ4.

#75 1 year ago

Consider even trade for everything on your wishlist?

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Cdonnerusmc:

If you're willing to take this big of a loss on a new machine, Why even buy new machines without playing them first? Why waste your time and money?

I can't speak for this seller, but there's a FOMO crowd that apparently buys "every LE" from their distributor to earn brownie points on future purchases. One of the reasons I can't get an LE from my local distributor...almost all 30 of his LE's are pre-sold. Buying NIB has become a shit show...fortunately, I love my collection and have no problem being patient. With 1k LE's being made, plenty will be available on all games.

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

People are dragging Toy Story into this....
I have a Toy Story Ce

Sorry dude, a thread like this is gonna have lots of collateral damage. I already threw Rush under the bus!

And Toy Story sucks ass and you are gonna lose more money than this guy on it. Losing battle there bro.

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I can't speak for this seller, but there's a FOMO crowd that apparently buys "every LE" from their distributor to earn brownie points on future purchases. One of the reasons I can't get an LE from my local distributor...almost all 30 of his LE's are pre-sold. Buying NIB has become a shit show...fortunately, I love my collection and have no problem being patient. With 1k LE's being made, plenty will be available on all games.

Your distributor is saving all of his LEs for the people who always buy his LEs?

What an asshole!!!

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I buy mostly based on theme and the reveal. Based upon the reveal video, i erroneously believed this would be a fun game.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sorry dude, a thread like this is gonna have lots of collateral damage. I already threw Rush under the bus!
And Toy Story sucks ass and you are gonna lose more money than this guy on it. Losing battle there bro.

You're right... to each there own....

but you are wrong about losing more money on the TS4.... i have people in line for it. I might take a hit, but not as much as you think. My Bond LE.... not-so-much... not even one inquiry.. I have it posted $1500 below what I paid.

Everyone who has played the TS4 has enjoyed it.. it might not be for tourney players, but the peons love it. My Bond LE... it never even gets a SECOND play. People play it once and move on.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Everyone keeps ragging on the code for this game, but let's be honest the game has serious layout problems. Not one, not two, not three, but four separate mechs where flow and fun goes to die.
The upper scoop has to be the worst scoop placement in any pinball machine ever. The rocket area is clunk, wobble, snore, clunk, wobble. The upper diverter kills any fun from the upper flipper. And the pop bumpers are great if you like having time to chug your beer while the balls bounces around endlessly.
Enough with the Lonnie hate. The pitchforks should be aimed at Gomez on this snore fest!

That upper diverter completely sucks. I don’t understand why it is there. It destroys the flow. I hold the left flipper to disable whenever possible. I hate that you cannot disable it after locking a ball when the new ball is auto launched.

#82 1 year ago

If the round trip from ATL was <= 12 hrs instead of 20, then we would have missed out on a lot of jokes in here.

STHLE Apr’20 7500
TWDLE before the GI was even coded was down in the 6’s

Lonnie is one thing but the lack of faith in Vinikour and George is kind of weird, no?

Pretty strange to have these prices coinciding with Foo being anointed before anyone has flipped it.

Just saying. Can’t imagine there’s much risk here.

#83 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

If the round trip from ATL was <= 12 hrs instead of 20, then we would have missed out on a lot of jokes in here.
STHLE Apr’20 7500
TWDLE before the GI was even coded was down in the 6’s
Lonnie is one thing but the lack of faith in Vinikour and George is kind of weird, no?
Pretty strange to have these prices coinciding with Foo being anointed before anyone has flipped it.
Just saying. Can’t imagine there’s much risk here.

The crazy thing is, I loved STHLE from the start. The code was sparse, but the path forward was clear. The code deficiencies were apparent, but the place holders made sense and you could see where the game was going.

Bond is cluster with zero direction. If the license holder is to blame, this game is doomed. All it consists of is hit a shot to see 5 more seconds of a movie clip.

Sometimes you get sick of riding the merry go round and just want to get off. That’s where I’m at with this. I’ve had enough.

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The crazy thing is, I loved STHLE from the start. The code was sparse, but the path forward was clear. The code deficiencies were apparent, but the place holders made sense and you could see where the game was going.
Bond is cluster with zero direction. If the license holder is to blame, this game is doomed. All it consists of is hit a shot to see 5 more seconds of a movie clip.

I too loved STHLE front the start and still do. Same thing with TWDLE when they were calling it the “Walking Dud”.

It’s funny how we all differ on games. I’m a huge Bond fan and theme is #1 for me.

I’ve played it enough to really like the shots, modes and direction I can see it going. A lot!

Different strokes. Love the thread and this is how I sell a game too. If it ain’t moving then it’s priced too high. Can’t play em all anyhow!

GL

#85 1 year ago

Where the hell is Twilight (Zone), OH? I can't even find your city on a fucking map- haha. I"m kind of scratching my chin on this one. But it's still 11K for a pin, so I'll probably just end up scratching my nuts. As many have said "great" deal, relatively speaking, of course. Good luck. Pending sale soon, I'm sure.

#86 1 year ago

It’s hard to be as angry and disappointed as this guy when you are in only on a pro.

I’m still gonna be patient and wait this one out, for
The reasons Ice put forward.

And even as is I enjoy playing it.

#87 1 year ago

I wouldn’t buy this game at pro pricing.

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I wouldn’t buy this game at pro pricing.

Vicious!!

#89 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I too loved STHLE front the start and still do. Same thing with TWDLE when they were calling it the “Walking Dud”.
It’s funny how we all differ on games. I’m a huge Bond fan and theme is #1 for me.
I’ve played it enough to really like the shots, modes and direction I can see it going. A lot!
Different strokes. Love the thread and this is how I sell a game too. If it ain’t moving then it’s priced too high. Can’t play em all anyhow!
GL

STH Best Things: 1. A modern theme that doesn't suck and with mass appeal. 2. Very immersive game with a mood that fits the theme immensely. STH Worst Things: 1. Questionable mechanics. 2. Came out too soon. So much of the story hadn't been told yet when the game was released.

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

I’m just being brutally honest in my ad. Whenever I read a for sale ad that goes on about how much the seller loves the item, my first reaction is “then why the hell are you selling?”

I will say, after 20+ years, you eventually get to the point you gotta sell something you love just to make room for something you love more (or are less tired of).

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just curious...what is the Q Ring dialog?

You haven't heard anything from Felix or James?

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I was in a tournament just yesterday with a friend. We made the playoffs, he chose 007 and told me "hold left flipper, hit skillshot far right" and that was it.
He hit it twice, I hit it once, the other two guys didn't hit it at all but played the game 3-4x longer than we did.
He came in first, I came in second. lol.

We have a 15 person selfie/high score league. I was looking at the 15 scores for 007 so far. Nudging the super skill 3 times and never touching the flipper buttons would come in 7th place.

Same thing with STH. I hit the basic skill shot 3x in a tourney and beat someone who got into TK MB and got a ton of jackpots. Her score never got to my 3 skill shots alone.

People are now ragging on the 007 layout. It’s not GG’s best. I’d give it a 6.5/10, but the code is a 1/10 at best. No faith it will ever get to a 6.5/10 so the code will probably always be the weakest link.

Free bump for OP!

#93 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Where the hell is Twilight (Zone), OH? I can't even find your city on a fucking map- haha.

looks like it's about 40 miles west of toledo, home of stump king stump removal...

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

You haven't heard anything from Felix or James?

I’m being somewhat successful, thank you

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m being somewhat successful, thank you

Well, she is about two steps from the slammer.

#96 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Well, she is about two steps from the slammer.

… if they want her there.

#97 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see what this does to the market. One off or pulls the rug out from under Bond LE’s. Certainly a bunch for sale. One GnR LE sells for < $9k and now it’s the going rate. One STh pro goes for $9k+ now that’s the norm. Even though the hobby has grown exponentially, still a niche, follow-the-herd market.

#98 1 year ago

Cliffs: seller is basically located in Ukraine and got margin called. Bond 4eva!

#99 1 year ago

at this price I would wait out more code updates,then again Im not pissed at it.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

at this price I would wait out more code updates,then again Im not pissed at it.

it’s beginning to look like that is what i will have to do.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-james-bond-007-le-17/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.