(Topic ID: 121231)

For sale: Iron Man Classic (Stern, 2010)

By jespo_19

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kbliznick
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 9 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

Iron Man Classic (Stern, 2010)

Added: 2015-03-13 21:39:23 UTC • Ended: April 15th, 2015
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 2,994

Hey, up for consideration is an Iron Man CLASSIC. I'm being completely upfront with it not being the regular Iron Man game. It's significantly cheaper as a result. Honestly most IM pins are close to 5k this one will not be so steep. It has the same rules and playfield layout, it's missing the monger magnet, whiplash magnet and WM kicker and has a cheaper cabinet too. Otherwise plays very nicely and is a good clean cheaper version of IM. I've had it for years now and I've had no issues, so quality isn't something you should be worried about.
I'm looking for trades mostly so anyone interested offers are welcome. Game is currently located in CT. Contact me for any additional info.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jespo_19's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to jespo_19's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Meriden, CT, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

#2 9 years ago

This game catches a lot of flack, but it's got some good gameplay value.

Not mentioned by the OP are the factory LEDs.

#3 9 years ago

Just curious, what is in the place of the war machine kicker? A stand up target?

#4 9 years ago

This article seems to indicate it was simply removed and not replaced with anything.

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/ironmanlite.html

Brad

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

it's missing the monger magnet, whiplash magnet and WM kicker

Is this the Costco version?

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

This article seems to indicate it was simply removed and not replaced with anything.

The game has an opto there, so if it was removed it wouldn't need to be replaced with anything to still function as normal for scoring purposes.

Quoted from limelime20:

Is this the Costco version?

No, Batman was a Costco exclusive thing, IM Classic was more of a broad release.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

No, Batman was a Costco exclusive thing, IM Classic was more of a broad release.

Are you sure about that? I heard this was Costco only....and that very few were even made.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Are you sure about that? I heard this was Costco only....and that very few were even made.

Yup. I talked with a couple different distributors that were able to get them at the time. Batman was the Costco exclusive with only 48 made. IM I have heard differing reports, but I believe it was more than 100.

I actually really badly want to try a Batman version. I've tried this version, and I think it's pretty good if you don't want the mean-ness that IM otherwise has.

2 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

Bump, heard some trade offers nothing yet... game is still available.

This version is actually kind of mean too but in a different way lol! The war machine kicker and opto has been replaced by a stand up target...which means you have to hit the stand up all the way at the end of that lane to register a war machine hit, MUCH harder than just getting the opto to register. War machine is a much tighter shot on the classic as a result. Whiplash's lack of a magnet is also replaced by two stand-up targets. There is no magnet to throw the ball (safer) but there is also no magnet to catch the ball and hold it either (Harder!) Monger is slightly easier for sure with no magnet there, but its still a pretty dangerous shot unless you clip the outside edge (in which case you'd be safe from a magnet anyway)

The game is honestly a wonderful version of iron man. I've had it for a long time and have really enjoyed it. This is no where near the cheap-o level of "the pin" and aside from a cab thats a little lighter grade and no coin door, its a legit pinball 100%. You can lift the playfield and do what needs to be done. If there are any questions feel free to ask, I know its a rarity to find a classic.

#10 9 years ago

Another minor difference is I believe most (all?) of the flash lamps have removed from the game as well.
Also no coin door right?

Whiplash normally has 2 stand up targets so I think that area is the same minus the magnet.

Seems like a $2K discount for a couple of magnets is a smoking deal. I wonder if they are still present in the software and maybe can be added back in? Magnet coils with brackets and cores are only about $40 each. Kickback mech is around $27. Flashlamps and sockets are cheap.

It's still a SAM boardset right?

#11 9 years ago

It's always been discussed about adding stuff back into the game, but i think they did adjust the code for those things... 2k discount for that stuff has totally been worth it, hopefully i can pass that along to another who really digs IM but doesn't really want to drop 5k. =)

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Another minor difference is I believe most (all?) of the flash lamps have removed from the game as well.
Also no coin door right?
Whiplash normally has 2 stand up targets so I think that area is the same minus the magnet.
Seems like a $2K discount for a couple of magnets is a smoking deal. I wonder if they are still present in the software and maybe can be added back in? Magnet coils with brackets and cores are only about $40 each. Kickback mech is around $27. Flashlamps and sockets are cheap.
It's still a SAM boardset right?

Different board if I remember rightly. Also there is no ability to update code.

Looking at an IM with:
Old Code
No Flashlamps
No Magnets
Cheap cabinet
No Kickback

And if it ever breaks good luck getting replacement boards because between it and Batman there are maybe 150 in existence.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Different board if I remember rightly. Also there is no ability to update code.
And if it ever breaks good luck getting replacement boards because between it and Batman there are maybe 150 in existence.

So it was the same small board as The Pin and WWE?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 24.95
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-man-classic-stern-2010 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.