• 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Pimp77
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

This (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Put it on eBay. You're more likely to sell this at a premium there.

#52 5 years ago

I may buy this for my kids.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why would this be directed to the OP? He's not paying that price - apparently the market is. Wouldn't this be attributed to the buyer? He's not forcing anyone to buy the table....

Because Stern gets on here, sees this shit, and realizes "We're leaving money on the table. Guess what we're doing the next release?"

Manufacturers have the pulse on the activity here, and when they or any other pinball manufacturer sees people paying over and above the prices the manufacturers are setting, WTF does this community think is going to happen? You honestly think they are going to "hold prices steady" and "not flex their capitalism muscle"? NO. They're going to keep marking up prices. Circumstantial evidence, yes, but FFS, the pattern is not hard to figure out.

Inflation alone is not responsible for the MSRP markup we see on a nearly yearly level.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The haters in my for sale thread refused to answer the same question when I posed it to them.

Some of us work jobs (active duty) where we can't be glued to our phones to answer every single message the exact moment it is posted, and the government keeps a very strong firewall on nearly anything not DoD related. That being said, this guy below already said what my thoughts were:

This (resized).jpgThis (resized).jpg

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I have a TNA butter caninet to if somebody wants that for 10k!

Haha. I'd sell my TNA butter cabinet for 9k with lots of extras.

#55 5 years ago

Truth be told.. i probably wouldn’t sell mine at this point.. Iron Maiden premium I could have in 6-8 weeks.. another TNA, not so much.. and i play the hell out of my game.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Because Stern gets on here, sees this shit, and realizes "We're leaving money on the table. Guess what we're doing the next release?"
Manufacturers have the pulse on the activity here, and when they or any other pinball manufacturer sees people paying over and above the prices the manufacturers are setting, WTF does this community think is going to happen? You honestly think they are going to "hold prices steady" and "not flex their capitalism muscle"? NO. They're going to keep marking up prices. Circumstantial evidence, yes, but FFS, the pattern is not hard to figure out.
Inflation alone is not responsible for the MSRP markup we see on a nearly yearly level.

Some of us work jobs (active duty) where we can't be glued to our phones to answer every single message the exact moment it is posted, and the government keeps a very strong firewall on nearly anything not DoD related. That being said, this guy below already said what my thoughts were:

No qualifier is needed. If the market is willing to bear it, then that is what it is...it’s called the power of the market. Disney keeps raising their prices every year...sometimes twice a year...yet, their attendance numbers go up every year.

Still telling that no one is willing to sell me their Tron LE, Metallica LE or AC/DC BIB LE for what their distributor charged them.

Secondly, thank you for your service. If I ever meet you at a show or something, I owe you a beer.

#57 5 years ago

If Knocker or anybody else can get $11k, congrats! Good for you guys, like you said, its usually a loss on resale.

That said, where is the IDIOT that is going to pay $11k for this LE?

#58 5 years ago

Stern is not going to raise prices on pros and premiums because of flipping on LEs. They may raise the price of the LE, however. An LE should be just that, limited. Unlike other manufacturers who call their games LEs and then produce 2500 of them, this one is truly limited.

#59 5 years ago

There are people who are willing to pay $11,000 for this on the second hand market, they might not be on Pinside, but the market has already had sales in this range. To say that Stern will raise the price of the next LE when they see this is a falasious argument because it’s one thing for a few people to buy a game they really want and missed out on after the fact, but it’s another thing to think every buyer of all 500 LE’s would’ve jumped at this price point.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

To say that Stern will raise the price of the next LE when they see this is a falasious argument because it’s one thing for a few people to buy a game they really want and missed out on after the fact, but it’s another thing to think every buyer of all 500 LE’s would’ve jumped at this price point.

Yeah... they would have to make something like a SUPER LE.... oh wait...

#61 5 years ago

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

There are people who are willing to pay $11,000 for this on the second hand market, they might not be on Pinside, but the market has already had sales in this range. To say that Stern will raise the price of the next LE when they see this is a falasious argument because it’s one thing for a few people to buy a game they really want and missed out on after the fact, but it’s another thing to think every buyer of all 500 LE’s would’ve jumped at this price point.

Totally agree. If the OP can get this price, good for him. If you want an LE and don't want to pay this price, move on. It's very simple.

#63 5 years ago

I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t sell today at this price. This will go down as Stern’s best game in many years and it will be hard to acquire one.... Especially now that they bumped quality up

#64 5 years ago
#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I’ll be shocked if this doesn’t sell today at this price. This will go down as Stern’s best game in many years and it will be hard to acquire one.... Especially now that they bumped quality up

Exactly.

Just like every newest game before it that goes down as the best game in many years before most people ever play it.

#66 5 years ago

For those following.. not a single bite. I’m proud and disappointed all at the same time.

#67 5 years ago

Good luck with your sale, just wait till maiden fans find out they can't get one in a few days. Ignore the haters on this one you were smart enough to put money down and it's nice to live in a free country sometimes.

I bet you open it

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Prices won't rise simply because of the amount of money something is being flipped for. There are way too many factors that go into the production of a product to simplify it to this degree.

It's actually a really simple concept that plays itself out over many products that are scarce and can be flipped. If Stern was truly weighing out the pulse of reselling, what they would be doing is carefully balancing limited supply with extreme demand for each theme and release. Essentially they would make sure available product never quite met demand while also ensuring that prices themselves never jump to a point during the initial launch that would scare off a majority of buyers who aren't resellers.

#69 5 years ago

Just to clarify, JJP raised the prices of the Stern LEs.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Good luck with your sale, just wait till maiden fans find out they can't get one in a few days. Ignore the haters on this one you were smart enough to put money down and it's nice to live in a free country sometimes.
I bet you open it

Weren't you just complaining about the "insane pricing" in the California for Sale thread yesterday?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

just wait till maiden fans find out they can't get one in a few days

People said the same thing about Rob zombie lol.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Weren't you just complaining about the "insane pricing" in the California for Sale thread yesterday?

Yes but people are crapping all over this guy acting like he is bad. Certainly not the first person to flip a game and I am not pumping the price. I just think legitimately the price will go up on this one. I mean most of the LE machines I sold off Tron, Metallica, Star Trek all climbed in value (my mistake). I see this one being better then all of those and so I think my statement is valid. Sure anything can be a Ghostbusters or Avengers but not this game.

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Yes but people are crapping all over this guy acting like he is bad. Certainly not the first person to flip a game

Yes, I agree. He can post any price he wants. but why did you complain about the bay area CL prices in the other thread?

Those guys are just doing the same thing, except maybe they originally played the games they're selling.

I agree, this guy can ask any price he can wants. The buyers determine what it's worth.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

Just to clarify, JJP raised the prices of the Stern LEs.

Nope, all of us crazy buyers did.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast/page/2?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.