(Topic ID: 216713)

For sale: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium/LE)

By PinVision

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by cpr9999
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
download (2) (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpeg
40D6CB56-3283-435B-9C6E-BBF83B2B3F59 (resized).png
IMG_2665.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Greed is alive and well.

Only other people can be greedy, right?

What is greed? Sounds like you want to control his selling price.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Seems like my sentiment is shared with others who have posted or intimated the same. It is a blatant flip for a profit that effectively excludes others from buying it at MSRP. Is that hard to understand in your trekki1978 mind?

BIB, Tron LE, Iron Man (before VE), LOTR, Ghostbusters LE(when first released)...if you're going to be consistent, then you would want those games selling on the secondary market for distributor pricing too.

These are toys. The OP is not gouging anyone for food or water.

This whole attitude of people trying to control someone else’s pricing needs to stop.

If the OP has it overpriced, then it will sit. If he has it underpriced, then he will get multiple offers.

I really don’t care what your sentiment is...it’s 100% wrong. Your sentiment involves controlling others...that’s a sentiment I’ll never share with anyone.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’m going to tell you a story, of Star Wars LE. I purchased one new in box for $8500 shipped.
It sat on the show floor at Allentown for a day and a half before I lowered the price to $7200 and it sold.
By your logic, all interested buyers should pay me MSRP. But of course not, that’s how the market works.
Later someone sold that same game for $7700. By pinside logic that person should have charged MSRP, or would be considered greedy for charging/getting more.. but of course not, that’s how the market works.
There are only a handful of Iron Maiden LEs and lots of people want them.. it’s simple, demand goes up.. price goes up. You guys do all buy gas right? Houses? How about diamonds? Or you know.. everything. It’s all marked up or down based on supply and demand. If you have a specialized skill set, and the market salary is higher than what you are paid.. are you greedy for asking for an increase?
The market will determine if this price is correct or not.

Well said.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

To all those with “it’s a free economy” mindset - what are your thoughts of ticket scalpers for concerts and sporting events? Same thing right?

What about it?

It’s none of my business to control what someone else charges....news flash...it’s none of your business either.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

That's not the point. When tickets sell out immediately, and are then available for resale on alternative websites for 2 or 3 times the face value, the system is broken.
Anyone supporting that ideal is brain dead, or resells tickets.
I used to love going to concerts. Now I ignore the notifications that I get about upcoming events.

How about explaining economically how the system is broken?

I’m dying to hear this one.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ms. Jackson if your nasty.....

Are you willing to sell me your medieval madness at MSRP?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Your examples are bogus. Equating scalping with long-term appreciation is apples to oranges.
Scalping is slimy, plain and simple.

Somehow long term appreciation is noble, but short term appreciation isn’t?

Based on your logic, if you were to purchase a Star Wars LE, would you pay the $8,500 the seller paid, or the $7,500 they are going for...

Based on what you’re saying, you would be 100% willing to pay the $8,500.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

dont worry about trekkie, he is still trying to find his moral compass after flipping his before it shipped
at least this flipper has possession of the game lol

I have plenty of moral compass. I more than likely do more for different charities, as well as involvement with them, than 99.9% of the people on this site.

I can’t help that some people on here are just downright jealous. That’s their problem, not mine.

I keep asking simple questions, that go unanswered by the haters...those are the same haters that make it harder and harder for good people to stay on this site.

Unless any of the haters are willing to sell they Metallica LE, BIB LE or Tron LE at what they paid the distributor, then they are nothing but hypocrites. I missed out on all 3...yet, I don’t badmouth anyone selling them at a profit...it’s called respecting someone’s property rights.

Pinside needs a lot of cleaning up...the Iron Maiden LE for sale threads are proof positive of that.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Having it in your home and playing it.
Ie: NOT buying one with the sole intention of screwing someone else over.

So if the OP opens it, plays 1 game, then sells it for his asking price, it will then be perfectly fine by you, based on your logic.

And people wonder why I say economics should be mandatory from grades 5-12.

#61 5 years ago

interesting
when does it become your property? when it has shipped, when you have possession of it or when you paid for it? wonder what skitb / jpop / heighway customers think about property rights after payment?
if you flip it before it ships is that your property?
i really dont care just find its interesting, ill let the ops buy the nib games and ill enjoy them there. if you dont see how people think thats a dick move to flip it before you even have possession then i cant help ya.
ready for the next stern price hike?
how can we trust a guy named trekkie with a star wars avatar?
you got some flak in your thread and then you come to all the other flippers threads and defend them, have to expect a lil push back. I mean, this guy isnt even a real member here, has 8 posts... no need to come defend him, and if you do, expect some more heat. lets go play some pinball instead

When payment exchanges hands. It's the law.

More proof why economics needs to be taught from grades 5-12.

You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I’m really sorry I didn’t dumb it down enough for you to follow.
Since you’ve chosen to now be insulting, I guess I’ll do it for you.
If the intention is to buy a highly sought after item with zero intention of using it yourself, and buying it just so you can mark it up, screwing over someone else, you’re a dirtbag. It’s greed, pure and simple.
Yes, it’s legal so have at er if that’s what you’re about, nobody can stop you.
The same way if I contacted the IRS and told them to watch for your income tax return to see if you claimed the profit.
See if I did that, it would also be completely legal and the morally right thing to do since you SHOULD pay your share of taxes, right?
But I wouldn’t since I don’t like to screw other people over, unlike yourself.
Would you like more examples of how screwing over other people for a buck is wrong, or do you think you can figure that out on your own?

Go right ahead.

US Tax law allows you to deduct hobby expenses up to hobby income...I have waaaaaay more hobby expenses than I do hobby income.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Now, let's enter the real world. Is anyone holding a gun to one's head to force them to purchase an Iron Maiden LE above retail price? No.
Is it a voluntary transaction entered into by 2 people? Yes.
Is it a good deal for both people? Yes...otherwise, they wouldn't freely agree to the transaction.

Don't say I don't do anything nice, try watching this...maybe you'll learn something:

#66 5 years ago

Long-term appreciation. Short-term appreciation. Doesn't matter. Justifying scalping by equating it to appreciation is bogus. And seeking empathy for the times it backfired is bogus.
Some buy with intent to scalp. The rest buy with intent to enjoy and eventually may sell at whatever the appreciated or depreciated value may be. See the difference?
And since hobbies are meant to be enjoyed, the latter is fine and the former is frowned upon. Plain and simple.

How do you know their intent?

Did you ask them? Did you conduct an interview?

Or did you just assume...?

#70 5 years ago

hows that working out for predator buyers. johnny law got their back?
so your saying your avatar isnt a star wars one hah.
i have an idea that im not nearly as riled up as you lol, dont want you to have an aneurysm.

How is working out for predator buyers? They are legally going after Kevin Kulek...as to where things currently stands, you need to talk to one of the plaintiffs...I don’t have access to that info.

Are you trying to say that the laws will force Kevin Kulek to manufacture an illegal item that he isn’t capable of making??

When did I say my avatar pic wasn’t Star Wars? I changed it when my Star Wars LE shipped...I didn’t realize that picture was so offensive to you.

I’m not mad at all...I have great pity for everyone that shows their extreme lack of knowledge.

#72 5 years ago

No need to assume. The moment someone posts the FS ad for big $$$ for a hot new pin they have yet to receive, or have yet to open, they have self-proclaimed their intent to scalp.

So you just assumed...

I hope you never sit on a jury, planning board, zoning board or anything of the like.

#76 5 years ago

lol dude you are just a ball of joy aren't you
nah you said "You absolutely have no idea what you are talking about." so i proved that i knew your avatar was from star wars lol. so in fact, i knew at least one thing i was talking about, call that a win for the day.
my point about the skitb/jpop/heighway stuff was they paid for stuff and didnt get it, I guess its a good thing stern didnt fold before yours shipped after you sold it before you had it in your possession. that is all.
the legality of anything that has ever happened or will ever happen or the economic strategies of capitalism or the youtube video you post in every iron maiden le flipper thread that no one clicks into doesn't change the fact that a significant amount of people find it to be a dick move to preorder an le to flip it before it even ships to you.
if you get all worked up cause people think that is lame and you feel its not doesnt make anyones opinion more valid than the others. but I, for one, think its a shitty thing. no need to beat a dead horse.

good day

I still have absolutely no idea why you're even bringing up my avatar picture or pinside handle? I am a huge Star Wars geek. When I signed up for pinside, 2 of my 3 machines (at the time) were Star Trek machines...I don't see where you're going with this...just some type of red herring to make you feel superior or something?

You have no point about those failed companies not delivering the goods they sold. You asked me when I take ownership of a game...I gave you the 100% correct answer...now you're talking in circles around it...

I don't pay Stern for games, I pay the distributor. If the distributor fails to deliver, then I take legal action. We do have a judicial system in this country set up in Article III of the Constitution.

Bottom line...the people who are complaining, their main goal is to CONTROL what others are doing. Someone like me, who believes in maximum freedom, will never agree with trying to control others.

Don't you think it's a dick move to sabotage someone's for sale thread?

#81 5 years ago

Where are all the jealous haters? Shouldn’t they be praising the OP for lowering the price?

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

8800 shipped ...

All my friends who bought an LE from a distributor paid much higher than that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 16.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast-premiumle-3?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.