shopped (8) (resized).JPG
shopped (7) (resized).JPG
shopped (4) (resized).JPG
shopped (5) (resized).JPG
shopped (3) (resized).JPG
shopped (1) (resized).JPG
glowing rocks (resized).jpg
shopped (2) (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Io Moon (1 of 2 in the USA)

Added: 2020-06-26 18:31:09 UTC • Ended: July 3rd, 2020
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 15,000

This is considered my flagship game of my collection. Took me 10 years to even find one. Super rare game. with Less than 50 ever made. I only know of 1 other copy that exists here in the US. Fantastic game made in 1994. Has Addams family rules, and even a "thing" flips flipper. Playfield is perfect. Every lamp socket has been replaced with brand new sockets. Originals were crap. Plays 100%. Boards are perfect, and this version has English roms. Other one all the text is in spanish. Cabinet is fairly good condition. Bottom front corners are cracked out (as all selic games) because the game has special wide legs that curl around into the cabinet. Translite has a very small piece cracked out in the bottom right corner. Added a motor to jupiter, so it slowly rotates during gameplay. has 2 different 3 ball multiballs, a 2 ball multiball. (very similar to TAF). Shoots very well. Playfield has thick plastic top on it so it can't wear. has been LED'd with comets 2smd daylight frosted. Very visible. and nothing needs to be done to it. Located in SE WI, come try it out, but i can ship, even pallet and ship.

Short gameplay walkthrough can be seen here.

Item photos

shopped (8) (resized).JPG
shopped (3) (resized).JPG
shopped (1) (resized).JPG
glowing rocks (resized).jpg
shopped (10) (resized).JPG
shopped (2) (resized).JPG
shopped (4) (resized).JPG
shopped (5) (resized).JPG
shopped (7) (resized).JPG
shopped (9) (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are CaptainNeo's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to CaptainNeo's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Burlington, WI, US

#2 3 years ago

Not sure if this is the one I played, but it's definitely a bizarro world Addams Family.

#3 3 years ago

nah, you probably played the one that went to IA. This one came from europe about 3 or 4 years ago.

#4 3 years ago

So frickin cool! Love the space theme and a spinning Jupiter is over the top. GLWTS!
-Mike

#5 3 years ago

Damn, you're selling some really cool and unique games! I wish I had deeper pockets... Just add some colored GI LED's and I'm sure you'll get a buyer

#6 3 years ago

Out of curiosity what did you pay for it if you don’t mind sharing.

#7 3 years ago

I wouldn't give that up. No real reason. It will sell close to asking price.
-Mike

#8 3 years ago

I’m shocked you’d part with this beauty.
What an amazing and rare game!! Wish I had the dosh for it!

#9 3 years ago

Just when I thought I knew about every pinball game... mind blown. Very cool.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Damn, you're selling some really cool and unique games! I wish I had deeper pockets... Just add some colored GI LED's and I'm sure you'll get a buyer

If it had colored GI's. someone would try to talk me down to 8k.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it had colored GI's. someone would try to talk me down to 8k.

Rightfully so.

#13 3 years ago

Tempting, but I think I'll hold off until the ColorDMD comes out.

Seriously though, looks awesome!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Out of curiosity what did you pay for it if you don’t mind sharing.

He paid 18k

So this is a hell of a deal for anyone that pretty much wants a once in a lifetime chance!!!!

Wish I had the funds.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

color DMD would be awesome in here.

Just made a new gameplay video. It's short but the last video I made was when I first got it, and the lamp matrix wasn't working right. I fixed that issue and now it works 100%. and now I understand the rules a little better than I did when I made the last video.

#16 3 years ago

I sincerely hope you are not selling all these cool rare games to buy a Delorean .

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Not sure if this is the one I played, but it's definitely a bizarro world Addams Family.

You probably played mine at Rob’s house back in 2012. I have since sold it to a friend in Oregon.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He paid 18k
So this is a hell of a deal for anyone that pretty much wants a once in a lifetime chance!!!!
Wish I had the funds.

Wow! Mine looked brand new and I imported it for $5500 and sold it for the same 2 years ago. Maybe I left some money on the table.

#20 3 years ago

Wow as a teen I absolutely loved Kubrick's and Clarke's 2001 A Space Odyssey! What a great pin! Love the backglass with the ship and monolith. If I had the means it would already be mine. GLWTS and thanks for adding another one to my wishlist!

#21 3 years ago

Maybe I will hit the lotto tonight!

#22 3 years ago

Seems cool. Like the sounds/music. Hope to play one of these one day.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

If you want to add colors to it, Sleic is supported by PIN2DMD because I own a "Bike Race"

#24 3 years ago

Awesome looking game. If that's you narrating, your pronunciation of "multiball" drives me crazy. More than any led color bomb

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Wow! Mine looked brand new and I imported it for $5500 and sold it for the same 2 years ago. Maybe I left some money on the table.

yours is the only other game anybody ever has seen. I'm pretty sure it's the only other copy in the US.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yours is the only other game anybody ever has seen. I'm pretty sure it's the only other copy in the US.

Yes, I believe that my old one is the only other one over here currently. I have a good friend in the Czech Republic that owns two of them, and I know of a couple others in Spain.

#27 3 years ago

I know of trashed parts one in South america. not many of these in the world, that's for sure.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Maybe I left some money on the table.

Looks like you'll find out based on how quickly this one sells. The Spinball games didn't go much past 6k, but there seem to be a few more of them floating around the US than this title.

#30 3 years ago

Hope it comes with a flux capacitor!

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Hope it comes with a flux capacitor!

nope but it could be put in.

#32 3 years ago

Congrats on the car!

Bump.

#33 3 years ago

thanks. Very excited to pick it up, but also sad because I had to let go of games I didn't want to let go.

#34 3 years ago

In the spring/summer of 1999 I decided that I was going to sell the majority of my collection (15-20 games) and use the funds to purchase a DeLorean (ended up with #1905, a '81 5sp, black int, fuel flap). Used games were plentiful, pretty cheap and some titles were being closed out NIB for $1995 or less. Sold top titles like TZ, CFTBL, WH20, IJ, TNG, plus lots of second tier but pretty uncommon games. "I'll just buy them back in a few years" i told myself.

October 25th, 1999 was just a few months later.

#35 3 years ago

I sold mine in 1998, De Loreans were a lot cheaper back then that's for sure.

#36 3 years ago

I think I paid $13500 for mine. It was 1 owner in Houston, and always serviced by DMC Houston. I had them do $1500-$2000 in freshen-ups before I drove it home. I sold it in 2007.

#37 3 years ago

I'd be concerned that you can't find parts for the flux capacitor. Does anyone make aftermarket flux caps?

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Does anyone make aftermarket flux caps?

What kind of question is this? They obviously make them in the future, as easily as they make skittles today. Go to the future, buy a bunch, bring them back. Problem sovled.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

In the spring/summer of 1999 I decided that I was going to sell the majority of my collection (15-20 games) and use the funds to purchase a DeLorean (ended up with #1905, a '81 5sp, black int, fuel flap). Used games were plentiful, pretty cheap and some titles were being closed out NIB for $1995 or less. Sold top titles like TZ, CFTBL, WH20, IJ, TNG, plus lots of second tier but pretty uncommon games. "I'll just buy them back in a few years" i told myself.
October 25th, 1999 was just a few months later.

Yep, we bought that TNG from you for 1300. Was the 2nd game we ever got (after Earthshaker). Played the hell out of it and I think we eventually sold it back to you for the same amount a few years later? Bummer on the other ones.. but hey, Delorean!

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I'd be concerned that you can't find parts for the flux capacitor. Does anyone make aftermarket flux caps?

GPE has them in stock right now.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Looks like they are no longer available to purchase...

https://www.oreillyauto.com/flux-500.html?q=flux+capacitor+

#42 3 years ago

maybe autozone has them and can use the $20 free shipping option.

#43 3 years ago

#44 3 years ago

next game I have for sale that sells is all I need. Then i'm keeping the rest. So any game you are thinking about, you may want to do it quick before it's no longer for sale.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-io-moon-1-of-2-in-the-usa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.