Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Don44
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160210_141246_(resized).jpg
20160210_141243_(resized).jpg
20160210_141230_(resized).jpg
20160210_141221_001_(resized).jpg
20160210_141211_(resized).jpg
20160210_141154_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 2,800

for sale

For sale: Indianapolis 500 (Bally, 1995) Ohio

Added: February 11th, 2016 Ended: April 11th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Nice clean original Indy 500. Playing great with no errors. Great cabinet and playfield. fade on the left side.

Item photos

20160210_141154_(resized).jpg
20160210_141211_(resized).jpg
20160210_141221_001_(resized).jpg
20160210_141230_(resized).jpg
20160210_141243_(resized).jpg
20160210_141246_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Columbia Station, OH, US

Seller insights

These are tlsbryan's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to tlsbryan's stats page

#2 3 years ago

Nice looking Pin.

#3 3 years ago

Great game & really nice condition. Someone will be very happy with this. GLWS.

#4 3 years ago

PM sent

#5 3 years ago

According to a Congo price check thread I was reading yesterday Indy 500 is a $4K game. GLWTS.

#6 3 years ago

trying to send PM but I keep getting an error??

#7 3 years ago

Very good price for this game. It won't last long.

#8 3 years ago

great price! One of my favorites

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

great price! One of my favorites

Yeah after missing the one in ST Louis last week for $2700, I am hoping the seller gets back to me and we can work it all out

#10 3 years ago

Put me on the interested list if it falls through with the others.

Scott

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

According to a Congo price check thread I was reading yesterday Indy 500 is a $4K game. GLWTS.

Not even close to a 4K game..

low to mid 3's max for a very nice game.

#12 3 years ago

PM system seems to be down. I tried to send a PM (not for this game) and got an error for that too.

Anyways if anyone wants to buy from this seller a call or text is the way to go. He usually responds to those quick, not so much Pinside messages.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah after missing the one in ST Louis last week for $2700, I am hoping the seller gets back to me and we can work it all out

Was 2800 and it is sitting in my living room.

The number of people trying to contact the op seems to point out that this is not just 2800 dollar game. If it were the interest would not be so great or so fast.

GL to the op though it is a beauty.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Let me know when you're tired of that one! Maybe we can work out another trade or something.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

The number of people trying to contact the op seems to point out that this is not just 2800 dollar game. If it were the interest would not be so great or so fast.

LOL. Gotta love this. The guy picks up a the same game for the same price last week and they are both miracuously underpriced... LOL

It is fairly priced and if anything one selling last week for the same price is indicative of that.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL. Gotta love this. The guy picks up a the same game for the same price last week and they are both miracuously underpriced... LOL
It is fairly priced and if anything one selling last week for the same price is indicative of that.

I ran across and decided to buy it within 20 minutes of it being posted. Whysnow wasn't far behind. If a game sells quickly, chances are the price was low. If it sits for awhile then the price is probably high.

Have someone throw out a nice example at 3500 and see how long it takes to sell. That would be the real way to find out what the market says about it.

#17 3 years ago

I have a HUO only one that will never leave my house! I dont think even think i could put a price on it ...

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Whysnow wasn't far behind.

I was only interested because I know Kurt well and have bought multiple games from him. Plus it is a day trip to get the game. Kurt is one of those guys where I have bought sight unseen and had no problems at all.

I am interested but not clamoring to buy this title for more than current market (2500-3000). I can appreciate your desire to feel like you got some crazy good deal (we all like to feel like that), but you got a fair price based on condition of the game. Kurt is always solid like that.

If this one does not work out then another will come along not too far down the line

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

It became a $3800 game once you got it home lol. I'd say $2700 or $2800 either way is good deal.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I can appreciate your desire to feel like you got some crazy good deal (we all like to feel like that), but you got a fair price based on condition of the game.

Crazy good deal is snagging an 800 dollar sopranos or trading a player's gofers + 400 for a tricked out STTNG. Indy was a good deal, but I bought it, because I live in Indy and used to drive by the track every single day.

As for what its worth I am judging by what they have been going for in my neck of the woods. Could be biased considering the track is here. Then again people say great price on machines that take weeks to sell. So, until someone tries to sell one for mid 3's on here, let's just say we will have to disagree.

#21 3 years ago

I would pay $3500 for a beautiful one. If there is any fade or wear I would not pay more than $2800.

#22 3 years ago

nope, we can agree...

2700-2800 is pretty much the going rate on a nice condition fully functioning I500 in the midwest. 2 in 2 weeks just on Pinside makes that pretty clear.

I mean we both know you will have your game up for sale at 3500 in a few months, but I wont be holding my breath that it will sell for that, LOL. Good luck in your future sale

after I find one then we can both agree it is a 4000 game

#23 3 years ago

back on topic >> tlsbryan, hit me up and lets work this out.

#24 3 years ago

You don't see this game for sale under 3k unless its trashed. Someone is getting a great deal here. Awesome game, one of my favorites.

#25 3 years ago

This would be a nice game to grab, seems I am low man on the list here.

#26 3 years ago

Sold mine to a local guy on here for $3k a few weeks ago. I told him I wouldn't take a penny less than that and he obliged. I would have listed it for $3400 had I been trying to sell. He came to me.

#27 3 years ago

PM didn't seem to be going through today. Game sold pretty quick this morning via the first text. Have a few others available for those interested. Beautiful Jackbot, a teed off, sega harley, demolition man. Hit me up.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I mean we both know you will have your game up for sale at 3500 in a few months, but I wont be holding my breath that it will sell for that, LOL. Good luck in your future sale

Nah, sale would be a last resort. Eventually want to move to all sterns so would try and trade for a rbion, bbh, avatar pro. Not in a hurry though. The game surprised me for being fun and it is quick, feels much faster than the STTNG sitting next to it. Picard maneuver can be fast, but does not compare to the speed of doing the left orbit to turbo shot.

#29 3 years ago

I-500 is a ton of fun! It makes Iron Man look slow with long ball times! LoL
I recently paid $3500 for a really nice example with No fade, so this one is priced right in my book.
GLWS Bump!

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Nah, sale would be a last resort. Eventually want to move to all sterns so would try and trade for a rbion, bbh, avatar pro. Not in a hurry though. The game surprised me for being fun and it is quick, feels much faster than the STTNG sitting next to it. Picard maneuver can be fast, but does not compare to the speed of doing the left orbit to turbo shot.

Already looking for another RBION, shouldn't have gotten rid of that last one you had.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hah, I seem to want to move away from the Sterns. Local place has pretty much every new Stern, even getting a NIB Avatar and X-Men LE recently.

#32 3 years ago

I once offered 4400 for a no fade, mint example and was outbid. Then I restored one myself and probably spent more than that on it.

#33 3 years ago

This game is incredible. IMO one of the best.
Whoever got this one should be pleased.

#34 3 years ago

I never considered buying one until I played it at The Sanctum in CT. It's super fun and fast. Has a strong fun appeal like WCS but only 1/4 of the production so much more rare. Completely underrated game because most people have never played it.

Just got one and absolutely love it.

#35 3 years ago

Its a ok game I really couldn't get into it unfortunately and no one else cld either so it had to go .

#36 3 years ago

as most here know, it is a very fast and challenging game, and does take the right strategy to complete all four objectives, with winning the race by far the toughest (and there is a bug in the code relative to that bit me one time and really pissed me off). Too bad it does not have a true wizard mode. It is one of those games that I need to play a couple of games on before I can find the groove and actually have a good game.

I have had a really nice one for a few years, supposed to go to a buddy in Detroit as his first pin (he is a huge race fan and has been to something like 35 straight Indy 500s), but have yet to have room in my SUV when I've been there to visit. I'll miss it when it finally goes, but not a game that is a 'must keep', but right now don't know anyone else who has one, so, will be bummed when it leaves (whenever that may happen). Don't think I have ever seen one at expo.

#37 3 years ago

Indy 500 owners wish. Congo isn't a 4k game either. Unless you ask an owner.

this is priced about right. For me it's to far. If it was in my backyard maybe. But after a 15-20 hour roadtrip, it becomes not a great deal anymore. Nice shape tho. If it didn't have the fade on the one side, it would have been a great deal.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

as most here know, it is a very fast and challenging game, and does take the right strategy to complete all four objectives, with winning the race by far the toughest (and there is a bug in the code relative to that bit me one time and really pissed me off). Too bad it does not have a true wizard mode. It is one of those games that I need to play a couple of games on before I can find the groove and actually have a good game.
I have had a really nice one for a few years, supposed to go to a buddy in Detroit as his first pin (he is a huge race fan and has been to something like 35 straight Indy 500s), but have yet to have room in my SUV when I've been there to visit. I'll miss it when it finally goes, but not a game that is a 'must keep', but right now don't know anyone else who has one, so, will be bummed when it leaves (whenever that may happen). Don't think I have ever seen one at expo.

It's true. No real wizard mode is a downer. It doesn't make me dislike the game. But it would've been cool to have a "victory lap" meltable wizard mode with say a 30 second ball saver. Hit as many ramps as possible for jackpots. Don't kill me for an analogy but like Monopoly's land grab.

Still I think the reason it ends after winning the 500 is it's meant to be more like a race. Once it's over, it's over.

I miss having I500. True love/hate experience. Either it'll make you a better player or you'll smash the glass.

#39 3 years ago

One of my all time favorites. I own one and it's awesome. Super fast and hard, fun to mod (I've added several scale cars and checkered flag side panel art and flipper covers) and is just a great pin experience.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Its a ok game I really couldn't get into it unfortunately and no one else cld either so it had to go .

I just sold a very nice one for 3200, a bunch of you have seen it. no fade at all. i dig the turbo and the race car in the upper right that acts almost like a shaker motor. It was also the brightest most beautiful game in my collection. we just would always avoid playing it for whatever reason. thinking back one thing that I really didn't like was the ball launch and the backwards oriented ball lock up in the middle there. that lock just catches the ball if it's bouncing around randomly. I never saw a shot that I could make to intentionally get it in there. then once it went it it was just the same sequence. catch, pop it up into the middle lock, collect your reward, wait for it to kick out to the pops. just my take as I try to analyze why some games last and some don't.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Still I think the reason it ends after winning the 500 is it's meant to be more like a race. Once it's over, it's over.

but it doesn't really, you have the four items to do, including 200 laps and getting to first place (others being start all modes and get through the flashing standup targets X times, which is really something that just happens vs focusing on it -- getting souvenirs pretty key to that), but finish any and you keep playing. Really pissed me off one time when I got the big gain of 'passing cars' from gasoline alley, and that got me to first place, but it did not light the victory shot. Not like I get to first place very often, that is by far the toughest of the four objectives.

After all of this i500 talk, you know that is the game I'll be playing tonight.

#42 3 years ago

This is a no brainer someone getting a great game that's looks to be in very good condition. Owned a little over a year, I've never won, I got to checked flag for modes last week and bombed out, got to 197 laps and bombed out also.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

OR...so many sellers are overpricing pins that there's simply an abundance of demand for correctly priced ones.

I had no shortage of people wanting to buy my LOTR recently and still feel that I priced it correctly.

#44 3 years ago

There was a nice indy 500 on ebay in Mass that went unsold and I made the guy an offer but my sale of something else fell through and I wound up not getting it. It also said I was 180 miles away which I thought was not too bad but in reality it was really like 280 miles. I have the guys contact info if anybody is interested, pm me.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside