937D67DE-AA12-494F-A054-12A0610D43C4 (resized).jpeg
2D474F4D-04C2-4240-B01F-02F55861F1BE (resized).jpeg
B7151040-5C9B-4A2F-B617-ECB5F09353D1 (resized).jpeg
CBFE0CD8-F3CE-4D40-9570-727FA1BA9EC5 (resized).jpeg
240D2D75-0412-4E58-99F7-BC34AEFFCF98 (resized).jpeg
FE132978-65CA-418A-A9E9-7A6E3F7C0AB9 (resized).jpeg
038D01AD-3466-466B-8F5A-726A2B1E9955 (resized).jpeg
0E372AC7-77AF-4D40-9C79-F6CF3013DC0B (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Indianapolis 500

Added: 2018-04-25 14:05:24 UTC • Ended: May 3rd, 2018
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 3,250 (OBO)

Open for offers

Indianapolis 500

Item photos

0E372AC7-77AF-4D40-9C79-F6CF3013DC0B (resized).jpeg
038D01AD-3466-466B-8F5A-726A2B1E9955 (resized).jpeg
FE132978-65CA-418A-A9E9-7A6E3F7C0AB9 (resized).jpeg
240D2D75-0412-4E58-99F7-BC34AEFFCF98 (resized).jpeg
CBFE0CD8-F3CE-4D40-9570-727FA1BA9EC5 (resized).jpeg
B7151040-5C9B-4A2F-B617-ECB5F09353D1 (resized).jpeg
2D474F4D-04C2-4240-B01F-02F55861F1BE (resized).jpeg
937D67DE-AA12-494F-A054-12A0610D43C4 (resized).jpeg
0730582B-36BD-4B6F-AB50-D1D1C2ED94C0 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Dscott3262's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Dscott3262's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Kokomo, IN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 17.50
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

#3 6 years ago

Well this should be fun.

#4 6 years ago

Damn Gryszzz, I came here to post the exact same thing.

#5 6 years ago

"That seller took a wrong turn Paul!"
"He might not know that extra thousand is there Bobby!"

#6 6 years ago

Hey guy that's one of the most faded Indianapolis 500 I've seen I just sold one for $$ 3200 with little or no fade......

#7 6 years ago

Hmm it that's sells for $4,500 I wonder what mine is worth since I have very little fade if any.

#8 6 years ago

Dscott,

Since this is your first post on Pinside, I'd suggest you take a look at the market history for this machine to understand the responses you are getting:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=552

#9 6 years ago

Also, most machines that are advertised as "home use only" generally don't have so much wear around the coin slot.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Also, most machines that are advertised as "home use only" generally don't have so much wear around the coin slot.

Ding ding ding!!!

#11 6 years ago

HUO in Romania

#12 6 years ago

I don't see where its posted as HUO?

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

I don't see where its posted as HUO?

OP edited the ad to remove it

#14 6 years ago

Oh boy I think it said originally purchased in 2004 HUO

#15 6 years ago

Guys, its a new member here, cut them a break. Probably came across this site while looking for information and listed it for what they see on ebay. They are clearly not in the pinball hobby and have no idea.

#16 6 years ago

Need smaller pictures.

#17 5 years ago

I question his statement about "domestic game NOT a re-import" base on the coin door set up. Did Bally ship games in the US with single coin slots?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

I question his statement about "domestic game NOT a re-import" base on the coin door set up. Did Bally ship games in the US with single coin slots?

I don’t think so

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from boustrophedonic:

Most machines that are advertised as "domestic game NOT a re-import" don't have a overseas coin door.

#20 5 years ago

I actually asked a retired operator and he said, with emphasis, that he never saw a US Bally/WMS game offered with a single coin slot.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Most machines that are advertised as "domestic game NOT a re-import" don't have a overseas coin door.

I have a domestic JM with a Euro coin door. Its actually was somewhat common when a router took a game off route to sell to a home person. Many routers want to keep the American coin door with coin mechs for other games on location. Most non-pinside people wouldn't notice the difference.

#22 5 years ago

does paint pens come with that price?

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Guys, its a new member here, cut them a break. Probably came across this site while looking for information and listed it for what they see on ebay. They are clearly not in the pinball hobby and have no idea.

yeah your probably right,do you know the seller?

#24 5 years ago

You know what you guys really know how to make somebody feel welcome ...what a bunch of elitists. I researched the number/amount of these pinball machines that sold in the last two years and averaged to get a price. We did buy this used in 2004 for our home use only. I have no idea Nor do I want to learn based on some of your comments about the pinball hobby. I simply listed this here because I thought there would be some people who would be interested in the machine. Yes it is extremely faded on one side but it was that way when we bought it. I’m getting rid of the machine because we do not play it.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Dscott3262:

You know what you guys really know how to make somebody feel welcome ...what a bunch of elitists. I researched the number/amount of these pinball machines that sold in the last two years and averaged to get a price. We did buy this used in 2004 for our home use only. I have no idea Nor do I want to learn based on some of your comments about the pinball hobby. I simply listed this here because I thought there would be some people who would be interested in the machine. Yes it is extremely faded on one side but it was that way when we bought it. I’m getting rid of the machine because we do not play it.

One thing you need to realize is that Pinside has been experiencing a lot of scammers within the past year or so. As soon as I saw an above average price and a brand new account, I immediately thought it was a scam.

#26 5 years ago

Pay 'em no mind. Price police pop up all the time. Once I put a machine at a high price. Sure enough out they came. Sold in two days though. Buyer didn't even haggle. Shows what they knew.
Friendly advice to help you sell; get some more light on the machine and take higher resolution pics with the glass off. Add pics of the boards and inside the cabinet. Us pinheads can be picky as you see. HUO means never been routed. You probably just meant HUO since you got it in 2004. GLWS!

#27 5 years ago

Yes Maestro as I do not know the lingo I meant that we purchased to play in our home..thank you for your help!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Dscott3262:

Yes Maestro as I do not know the lingo I meant that we purchased to play in our home..thank you for your help!

Sales tip, if it doesn't sell ask yourself why.

And while you posted many pics you did not post one of the infamous "shooter lane"

Trust me, if this was a great deal you'd have people driving 15 hrs each way to pick it up with a wad of cash.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

HUO means never been routed.

And "routed" means, put on a vending route at a location somewhere.

Home use only basically means it was never in an arcade, bar, pizza shop, or whatever--it means it was used in home for its entire life, and not just after it was removed from a location.

Condition is a big factor in pinball machines, just like any collectible item. Typically, games that were ever only used in a home are typically in very nice condition, with no wear or fade. Games that were routed typically have wear and fade, like this one does.

Collectors do generally pay a premium for games that are in exceptional condition, but games with wear, fade, and unshopped will usually fetch a lower price. (And "shopped" means the game was cleaned up properly, new rubbers, circuit boards repaired/bullet-proofed, broken parts replaced, flipper assemblies rebuilt, coil sleeves replaced, bulbs replaced or updated to LEDs, and anything else repaired/replaced that needed attention. Most of the pinside ads were for games that were recently "shopped").

The game you listed was a little above the average price for this title in this condition, has tiny low-resolution photos, and was posted from a new account (all three factors led some people to think it was a fake ad), which is why you had several people not take the ad seriously.

Posting better photos at full size would go a long way to help improve your ad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

€ 17.50
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 37.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-indianapolis-500-508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.