(Topic ID: 300084)

For sale: Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (early sample)

By Flipper_McGavin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IJ.gif
DSC_2489 (resized).JPG
DSC04304 (resized).JPG
DSC_2374 (resized).JPG
DSC_2229 (resized).JPG
DSC_2215 (resized).JPG
DSC_2863 (resized).JPG
DSC_2859 (resized).JPG
DSC_2427 (resized).JPG
DSC_2368 (resized).JPG
DSC_2173 (resized).JPG
DSC_2386 (resized).JPG
DSC_2333 (resized).JPG
DSC_2300 (resized).JPG
DSC_2285 (resized).JPG
DSC_2293 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Indiana Jones The Pinball Adventure (early sample)

Added: 2021-09-09 18:03:48 UTC • Ended: September 12th, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

2 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 17,000 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Local buyers only for now. Only trade I’d be interested in is a White Water in player’s condition or worse condition + cash.

Completely restored by me. This is the more rare early sample machine, with the metal POA rails, factory lost plastic, factory jackpot lights, etc. All matching serial numbers. This does not have a reproduction Mirco playfield, this is an original playfield that was completely torn down, cleaned, touched up/airbrushed, and clear-coated by me. I added gold glitter to the inserts because I liked the look of the Mirco glitter. Cabinet and backbox were sanded and repaired. New ground braid throughout cabinet. New gun shooter. Coin door was completely torn down and repainted and textured. Wiring harness was sprayed several times with degreaser and cleaned of most of the coil dust. Every part in this machine was cleaned of coil dust. Incandescent lights were intentionally left in this machine, as they have a rustic color temperature that belongs in this machine that LEDs cannot mimic. Backbox and cabinet were silk screened with the warning and patent text. Outer bolts were correctly acid blued, not painted. Receiver handle and brace bar were plastidipped in yellow.

Upgrades:
- Brass trim on side rails, backbox hinges, lockdown bar, and legs
- PDI non-glare glass
- PinSound sound board + shaker motor
- ColorDMD
- Cabinet decals from RNR Pinball circa early 2000s
- Inner sideboard decals (these decals are themed correctly with the playfield)
- Lao's Antidote (fixes the mode start hole rejecting shots 90+% of the time on nearly all the machines)
- Made my own airball protectors above the single and 3-bank drop targets
- Rottendog flipper board (the original board was also saved, it needs a chip replaced)

Item photos

0 (resized).jpg
0_1 (resized).jpg
DSC_3594 (resized).JPG
0_11 (resized).JPG
0_12 (resized).JPG
0_3_2 (resized).JPG
0_3_1 (resized).JPG
0_6 (resized).jpg
0_7 (resized).jpg
0_3 (resized).jpg
0_2 (resized).jpg
0_4 (resized).jpg
0_5 (resized).jpg
0_8 (resized).jpg
0_9 (resized).jpg
111 (resized).jpg
114 (resized).JPG
112 (resized).JPG
113 (resized).JPG
DSC04497 (resized).JPG
DSC04498 (resized).JPG
0_10 (resized).jpg
0_13 (resized).JPG
0_14 (resized).jpg
0_15 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Flipper_McGavin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Flipper_McGavin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Sacramento, CA, US

#17 2 years ago

I do appreciate the comments. Thank you.

The airbrushing on the playfield would not hold up on its own, any touchups really do need either a clear coat or mylar. The yellow color, and all the colors, had to be mixed by eye. It took me 2 hours to match that yellow, but after that color I got used to how the paint mixes and the ratios and it becomes easier afterwards. I cleared two playfields as of now. This playfield ate up 3 cans of Spraymax 2K clear because it is a widebody and has a mini playfield, I wet sanded between coats.

The speaker panel was disassembled, sanded, and painted, same with the playfield backboard that has the lost plastic and the lightboard for the translite, but I do not have After pictures of them only Before.

The Lost Treasure insert was cracked. I had to sand it down, and paint in the letters because there is no decal for this specific insert for an early sample playfield.
DSC04304 (resized).JPGDSC04304 (resized).JPGDSC_2215 (resized).JPGDSC_2215 (resized).JPGDSC_2173 (resized).JPGDSC_2173 (resized).JPGDSC_2229 (resized).JPGDSC_2229 (resized).JPGDSC_2219 (resized).JPGDSC_2219 (resized).JPGDSC_2314 (resized).JPGDSC_2314 (resized).JPGDSC_2285 (resized).JPGDSC_2285 (resized).JPGDSC_2293 (resized).JPGDSC_2293 (resized).JPGDSC_2300 (resized).JPGDSC_2300 (resized).JPGDSC_2333 (resized).JPGDSC_2333 (resized).JPGDSC_2386 (resized).JPGDSC_2386 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGDSC_2859 (resized).JPGDSC_2863 (resized).JPGDSC_2863 (resized).JPGDSC_2368 (resized).JPGDSC_2368 (resized).JPGDSC_2374 (resized).JPGDSC_2374 (resized).JPGDSC_2427 (resized).JPGDSC_2427 (resized).JPGDSC_2489 (resized).JPGDSC_2489 (resized).JPGIJ.gifIJ.gif

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I am always amazed at how someone can put this much effort and energy into restoring and upgrading a machine then turn around and sell it. The enjoyment must be in the restore instead of the gameplay. Nice work.

I already have seller's remorse and I haven't sold it yet, I will end the ad. I thought I'd be able to sell it without caring, but I did put too many hours in this thing. At least I got to show it to you guys.

The plastidip was bought at Ace Hardware for $10. It comes in a perfect size container for dipping those parts right into it. If you have several machines to do then do them all at once, it dries out several weeks after opening.
The next machine I am fixing is that Capt Fantastic you see in one of the photos, the cabinet is done, the playfield is next. Glad I used the dry method for the IJ decals. It was hard finding any info about these decals, I had to dig through old message board archives to learn about them. Yes I'm a bachelor, there were days I had crap strewn out in the living room, dining room, and kitchen. It was too much clutter, I can only imagine what a wife would do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Flipper_McGavin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-early-sample?tu=Flipper_McGavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.