Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Ericpinballfan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Tdsjyzx (resized).png

This topic is closed.

#1 7 months ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 7 months ago

This feels legit.

#3 7 months ago

Almost too good to be true!

Has an ad with the word “kindly” in it ever not been a scam?

#4 7 months ago

Why does it always gotta be poor Indy with these guys?

#5 7 months ago

Normally Pinside will show a warning when something is being sold by a brand new member, but it's not in this case. Has that warning been removed?

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Normally Pinside will show a warning when something is being sold by a brand new member, but it's not in this case. Has that warning been removed?

Good point. Where's the "It's most likely BS" banner???

#7 7 months ago

I like the fact that he forgot to crop off the cell phone banner from his picture. MTN-NG is Nigeria, right?

#8 7 months ago

Final pic screen shot gives it all away. "MTN" in the data service area of a screenshot (from pinside no less!), is a Nigerian wireless carrier.

#11 7 months ago

Daaaaaayum!

#12 7 months ago

I guess he is also moving a crate of diamonds and needs access to your bank accounts... Act quickly!

#13 7 months ago
Quoted from Jerol:

I guess he is also moving a crate of diamonds and needs access to your bank accounts... Act quickly!

I'd be happy to cash his Lotto checks for him.

#14 7 months ago

I thought it looked like mine

#15 7 months ago

suckers. i am picking this up tonight. accepted my offer of 3600. already wire transferred the money.

#16 7 months ago

well I just got off the phone with STI - it's on its way to Pittsburgh! What a deal!

#17 7 months ago

Not if it arrives here instead! I offered to match and beat all of your offers! I sent him $6k. Totally worth it.
You guys should ask for your money back.

#18 7 months ago

But seriously no, let’s keep allowing first time posters to make FS ads. Such a simple fix.

#19 7 months ago

Yup same machine...not sure if anyone noticed the uncorrected alkaline damage on the CPU where the battery holder used to be ... was the first thing I saw.

#20 7 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Not if it arrives here instead! I offered to match and beat all of your offers! I sent him $6k. Totally worth it.
You guys should ask for your money back.

You bastard!!! i offered him 6.5.... how do you like them apples!

#21 7 months ago

its a surefire scam.

#22 7 months ago

Scam. The account has been nuked from orbit. Thanks guys

#23 7 months ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But seriously no, let’s keep allowing first time posters to make FS ads. Such a simple fix.

I'll never understand why Pinside allows this. Absolutely no reason - such an easy way to avoid someone from scamming others.

#24 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'll never understand why Pinside allows this. Absolutely no reason - such an easy way to avoid someone from scamming others.

There have been several legitimate instances were people have joined the site to sell a game.

#25 7 months ago

My first post was to sell a game. And it sold in like 4 hours! Great site......or my price was too reasonable. I did make an immediate donation and verified the account before placing the ad so people would hopefully realize I was a real person.

#26 7 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

There have been several legitimate instances were people have joined the site to sell a game.

I would be curious the ratio of people scamming this site vs legitimately selling on their first post. I would suspect 75% scam vs 25% legit. Just a suggestion.

#28 7 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I would be curious the ratio of people scamming this site vs legitimately selling on their first post. I would suspect 75% scam vs 25% legit. Just a suggestion.

85% of statistics are made up on the spot

We have looked into it, but we have no plans at this time to close off access to first-time posters.

#29 7 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

85% of statistics are made up on the spot
We have looked into it, but we have no plans at this time to close off access to first-time posters.

Why would you? Pinside is full of hawks waiting for your nuke deployment.

#30 7 months ago

Well dammit. I sent him a pm with all of my best misspelled words and now we can't finish our transaction. Thanks Clark.
He did end his pm back with "regards" lol.

#31 7 months ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks Clark.
He did end his pm back with "regards" lol.

Funny

#32 7 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

What if you restricted people from posting things for sale the first 30-90 days unless they make a PayPal donation to verify their city and state (or equivalent overseas address) matches their Pinside location.

#33 7 months ago
Quoted from bluespin:

What if you restricted people from posting things for sale the first 30-90 days unless they make a PayPal donation to verify their city and state (or equivalent overseas address) matches their Pinside location.

That's more or less what happens now.

#34 7 months ago

I'm always a day late and a dollar short....even in the scam threads

#35 7 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Yup same machine...not sure if anyone noticed the uncorrected alkaline damage on the CPU where the battery holder used to be ... was the first thing I saw.

I was waiting to see if it still had 12 year old batteries... oh well.

#36 7 months ago

In before the lock!

Tdsjyzx (resized).png
#37 7 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

In before the lock!
[quoted image]

I've been trying to get that achievement forever...no such luck I'm afraid.

#38 7 months ago

Anyone call the phone number?...that was there.
Complete scam, but just for fun.
I was going to but just got home from wiring him money.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside