Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Eryeal
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 6 years ago

I'm digging how the first three pictures are the bottom of a TAF playfield....

#3 6 years ago

newly registered pinsider, as of yesterday.

I smell something

#4 6 years ago

Sick kid and late wife....dont forget your going to be out of the country solving the homeless problem on Myanmar...
Regards, my agent will contact you...

#5 6 years ago

And the remainder of the pics are from this eBay ad: ebay.com link: INDIANA JONES PINBALL MACHINE BEAUTIFUL CONDITION

Dont get your hopes up....

#6 6 years ago

This is definitely a scam, I also came to post the ebay link.

#7 6 years ago

Pinside doesn't miss a beat - I love it! Not even 20 min and right after New year's yet you guys are all over this. Great job.

There is a special place in hell for people like this who actually lie about surgery for their daughter. Wow.

#8 6 years ago

I offered a Bell Ringer in trade.

#9 6 years ago

Greetings. I want for to make offer on item. I shall overpay. Just wire transfer difference back to me.

Merry New Year!

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Greetings. I want for to make offer on item. I shall overpay. Just wire transfer difference back to me.
Merry New Year!

Lmfao

#11 6 years ago

A single tear for wife. Place in hell using daughter to sell a machine. And for you buddy boy, Pm sent. How can i wire you money now?
This is why new users should not be able to sell pins.

#12 6 years ago

The pics are blurry. No high res pics, he must be hiding something. Perhaps the playfield is planked?

#13 6 years ago

I told him I'd come pick it up ASAP and he's insisting on shipping it to me as long as I send him the money.

But I'm IN BOSTON RIGHT NOW and I can come get it RIGHT NOW. Nope, still wants to ship because it's "safer" that way.....

#14 6 years ago

Seems legit!

#15 6 years ago

New sellers. Very dangerous. You go first.

#16 6 years ago

I’m in Boston I’ll pick it up with cash lol..
Not holding my breathe

#17 6 years ago

I did the same thing. Asking if I could come pick it up today and he's in Dallas on work and he only comes home on the weekend. I ask him then if we could meet this weekend and I could pay him and he says he lives works all the time in Dallas and doesn't know when he's going to be able to come home. MODS please remove

#18 6 years ago

... and we don’t have a scammer issue on Pinside

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I did the same thing. Asking if I could come pick it up today and he's in Dallas on work and he only comes home on the weekend. I ask him then if we could meet this weekend and I could pay him and he says he lives works all the time in Dallas and doesn't know when he's going to be able to come home. MODS please remove

Typical story. I've been told similar stories from "good deal" pins too. They have all this drama in their life and need to sell a pin at giveaway prices. I bend over backwards to accommodate their schedule/situation, but for some reason the only thing they can seem to do is accept my money and "ship" the pin to me.

#20 6 years ago

This is posted on Mr. Pinball as well.

Here is his number he sent. 617 586-4307 Was very brief on the phone and couldn't answer any questions about the game. For sure a scam.

#21 6 years ago

He sent me his account info trying to get me to wire him money because there is so much interest in the game. He wants to hold it for me. What a swell fella....

#22 6 years ago

i am a surgeon and will do operation for this pin.

#23 6 years ago

It shows that this brand new scam account is verified???!!!

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Duvall:

And the remainder of the pics are from this eBay ad: ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Machine Beautiful Condition
Dont get your hopes up....

You will find that the large tile floor in the photos is from the same ebay ad. There was a LOTR that popped up on Seattle Craigslist with the same floor. Same scam. It will turn out that the 'seller' will send you a fake ebay listing link that wants you to go to the local drugstore and purchase several ebay gift cards. Then you call a phone number and give them the gift card info. Bye Bye $$$.

#25 6 years ago

aaand he's gone. Bye bye.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

It shows that this brand new scam account is verified???!!!

Ad removed.

It appears that these scammers (in this case from Nigeria) are going to greater lengths each and every day. They now also have verified Paypal accounts (as in: Paypal verified their bank accounts and it all checked out). Most likely they are using hacked Paypal accounts.

I was not expecting this when we created this (free) verification method but logically, I will be removing the free PayPal verification method (at least for now).

Please always be careful when dealing pins online. Even when an account shows as verified, it could very well have been hacked. Do your due diligence and read Vids "how not to get ripped off in pinball" guide!

If someone asks you to verify their accounts, only do so if you know them personally! Thanks to everyone who PMs me when they see a fishy ad.

#27 6 years ago

Thanks for your fast response!

#28 6 years ago

I was able to purchase this pin but I have to go to someone else's house to play it!

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Ad removed.
It appears that these scammers (in this case from Nigeria) are going to greater lengths each and every day. They now also have verified Paypal accounts (as in: Paypal verified their bank accounts and it all checked out). Most likely they are using hacked Paypal accounts.
I was not expecting this when we created this (free) verification method but logically, I will be removing the free PayPal verification method (at least for now).
Please always be careful when dealing pins online. Even when an account shows as verified, it could very well have been hacked. Do your due diligence and read Vids "how not to get ripped off in pinball" guide!
If someone asks you to verify their accounts, only do so if you know them personally! Thanks to everyone who PMs me when they see a fishy ad.

Yeah something is going on lately - I sell on Ebay and have for well over a decade, and I saw more fraudulent transactions during this last 4th quarter than I've ever seen by far. On each one the Ebay buyers account was hacked, and chances are they also got the buyers Paypal account info as well (probably most use the same passwords for both). I personally think there was some sort of massive Ebay hack that we haven't heard about yet. It was unreal how many fraudulent purchases we had. Luckily everything is covered under Seller Protection, so on our end we were fine, but something really strange was going on, that's for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-38?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.