20170825_074343 (resized).jpg
20170825_074329 (resized).jpg
20170821_203144 (resized).jpg
20170821_201913 (resized).jpg
20170821_201900 (resized).jpg
20170821_201843 (resized).jpg
20170821_201839 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Added: 2017-08-24 16:19:29 UTC • Ended: September 8th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 7,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Selling my grail machine to fund another. Domestic IJ in great shape. When I purchased this machine it received a complete topside tear down shop out. I've been told by many that this is the nicest playing IJ they have put their hands on. Details below.

The Good:
1. Complete shop out.
2. All new clear posts and translucent rubbers
3. Lighting added around the idol and rope bridge
4. Custom colored pop bumper bodies, skirts and cap with Metal Mods
5. Custom planes (I have originals)
6. Custom clear lit drop targets (have originals)
7. Airball stop mod
8. Stop plate has been removed over mode hole with foam placed on
back rail. No more mod hole rejects.
9. Gold flipper bats, rebuilt flippers
10. Plays flawlessly
11. Original manual included.
12. All LEDs including flashers.
13. Static cling flipper button protectors (they peel off easily, no glue etc.)
14. Mirror blades

The Bad:
1. There is a small cluster of eyelash clear coat cracks in front of each slingshot. See pics. This is common and can probably be removed with a magic eraser. I never bothered attempting as they are minor. See pictures.
2. Some fade on cabinet but in really nice shape for age. Has good
color. Not washed out. Flash from pics make it look more faded than it is.
3. A couple very small pinholes in the translight.
4. A couple of the mode insert borders have small areas of black paint missing. Could easily be touched up. I can do this for you as I planned on doing it. See pictures. Very minor but I want full disclosure.

Again, this is a super nice machine. I can supply pictures of the boards and inside of cab. Just didn't have time to take the pics last night.

$7000. I have no problem shipping.

Would be willing to trade for a monster bash and cash on my end.

Item photos

20170821_201748 (resized).jpg
20170821_201754 (resized).jpg
20170821_201808 (resized).jpg
20170821_201801 (resized).jpg
20170821_201839 (resized).jpg
20170821_201843 (resized).jpg
20170821_201900 (resized).jpg
20170821_201913 (resized).jpg
20170821_203144 (resized).jpg
20170825_074329 (resized).jpg
20170825_074343 (resized).jpg
20170825_074438 (resized).jpg
20170825_074548 (resized).jpg
20170825_074457 (resized).jpg
20170825_071740 (resized).jpg
20170906_212628 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Djshakes's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Djshakes's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

San Diego, CA, US

1 week later
#2 6 years ago

Price drop.

#3 6 years ago

Just curious where you got those custom clear drop targets from? They look nice.

#4 6 years ago

Where did you find the planes?

#5 6 years ago

Are those swastikas?

#6 6 years ago

Still available. Plays perfect and lots of cool mods. I'm anal about my machines being perfect.

#7 6 years ago

packerz fan bump.

#9 6 years ago

Might sell if you remove & destroy the Nazi mod. Just sayin.

#10 6 years ago

Wow, I didn't even notice those the first time I looked at the photos... seems pretty tasteless

#11 6 years ago

Ya man, those pop bumper caps should be listed under "the bad"

#12 6 years ago

Uh oh. ANTIFA will be showing up now.

IMG_6632 (resized).PNGIMG_6632 (resized).PNG

#13 6 years ago

Wow, people really get up-tight. You know during the game when the pop bumpers are going off he is fighting the nazis on the screen right? I have the original caps. Replacements are $1.50 each brand new or the decals can be removed.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Wow, people really get up-tight. You know during the game when the pop bumpers are going off he is fighting the nazis on the screen right? I have the original caps. Replacements are $1.50 each brand new or the decals can be removed.

Agreed, it is a main part of the story line in the movies isn't it?

Maybe we shouldn't watch them anymore either.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agreed, it is a main part of the story line in the movies isn't it?
Maybe we shouldn't watch them anymore either.

Disagreed. It's extremely tacky - AT BEST - to festoon your game with swatztikas. If I walked into someone's gameroom and saw that, I'd be extremely uncomfortable knowing that the game's owner is just fine and dandy with it and doesn't understand why it's a bad idea.

Got nothing to do with "storylines of the movies," being "uptight," or "watching them anymore." Apples and oranges.

#16 6 years ago

Levi, I'm sorry you are offend. I am assuming you are Jewish based on your name and I am in no way condoning actions of nazis. However, I think your sensitivity might be more heightened in this situation than most people. If you are offended by the game please by all means don't click on the link. Of all the people that have come into my game room I have never had a bad reaction. They all laugh at it for it's true intention, as a spoof on the movie.

#17 6 years ago

Like five people called out your moronic Nazi pop bumper caps you single out the Jew?

Classic.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like 8 people said they thought your Nazi pop bumper caps are stupid and you single out the Jew?
Classic.

I'm not singling you out. I'm very sorry. You just posted multiple times so I could tell you were more offended. What would you have me to do? Remove them for you? Please, I don't want you to be a victim here and will accommodate you.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I'm not singling you out. I'm very sorry. You just posted multiple times so I could tell you were more offended. What would you have me to do? Remove them for you? Please, I don't want you to be a victim here and will accommodate you.

Thanks!

Yes, please remove them. Appreciated.

#20 6 years ago

There is a very small swastika on one of the planes as well. It's on the tail of the plane. When they produced the model they probably wanted an accurate depiction of the plane without considering people's sensitivities. Should I remove the plane or color over it?

Blazing_Saddles_-_offend_everyone[1] (resized).jpgBlazing_Saddles_-_offend_everyone[1] (resized).jpg

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

There is a very small swastika on one of the planes as well. Should I remove the plane or color over it?

I don't know, why not ask the others who called out your moronic swatztika mods?

I wonder why ole DJ shakes only seems concerned with my opinion.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder why ole DJ shakes only seems concerned with my opinion.

I think what you are failing to recognize is that I am not.

If it takes removing them to sell the game I'll do it, as I have no personal attachment to them; but in no way am I concerned with your delicate sensitivities or anyone else's. Like seriously people, we are getting worked up over some stickers on a game?

#23 6 years ago

*Grabs popcorn*

#24 6 years ago

Why do people always bring Blazing Saddles into these discussions as some kind of a defense for the fact that they don't have a clue?

Have you EVER seen calls to ban Blazing Saddles or remove it from DVD collections?

No, of course not. Nobody is "offended" Because it's hilarious, smart, witty, and it's heart and motivation is in the right place.

Which of course is the exact opposite of nazi pop bumper caps.

Which, really, in the grand scheme of things are only slightly more offensive than the idea of comparing something as dumb as Nazi pop bumper caps to something as genius as Blazing Saddles.

#25 6 years ago

Well, the good thing about threads like this is that it lets me know who ever to buy from/sell to. GTFO with this "oh, I'm sorry you're offended by Nazis - must be the Jew because no one else would find Nazi mods offensive".

Default humanity: NAZIS ARE BAD

Unreal how many people will ignorantly chose to be on the wrong side of history just so they can piss of "libruhls".

#26 6 years ago

I have someone looking at the game tonight. If it sells the new owner will have the ability to modify his game how he sees fit. I received inquires in the past about where they can be purchased. I guess you love them or hate them and they invoke much more emotion from some than others, although that is not their intention. I truly am sorry if anyone is offended as my intention was not to promote such feelings, but merely to emphasis aspects of the movie and game in particular. I guess what concerns me more is if we go down a path of censorship and start requiring members to modify their games because one my be offended by something. It could be a slippery slope. However, I will concede to promote a safe space. I'll post picks tonight once removed so everyone can rest easy.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I guess what concerns me more is if we go down a path of censorship and start requiring members to modify their games because one my be offended by something. It could be a slippery slope. However, I will concede to promote a safe space.

They're swastikas. You don't have to be shocked and saddened that swastikas offend people. Being offended by swastikas shows you're human. We can debate all day long about what's offensive, what's not offensive....but Nazis....Nazis. There's no debate with Nazis. If you debate the merits of Nazis and Nazi imagery...that's the slippery slope you don't really want to go down. Is it that important to go to bat for Nazis? They're Nazis....

This isn't about politics or right-wing buzz words like "safe space"....it's about common decency. Empathy. Understanding that words and symbols have meaning.

Mod your game any way you like...but if you put Nazi regalia on it, don't be shocked when people call you out on it.

#28 6 years ago

Again, I'll post picks tonight once removed. I'm very sorry for offending anyone as that was never my intention. Talk about a snowballing. It wasn't like I put them on a game with no relevance. You are literally punching a nazi on screen when the pop bumpers go off. Again, I apologize to the community and those offended.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Levi, I'm sorry you are offend. I am assuming you are Jewish based on your name and I am in no way condoning actions of nazis. However, I think your sensitivity might be more heightened in this situation than most people. If you are offended by the game please by all means don't click on the link. Of all the people that have come into my game room I have never had a bad reaction. They all laugh at it for it's true intention, as a spoof on the movie.

I'm offended and I'm not Jewish.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I'm offended and I'm not Jewish.

#32 6 years ago

And burning crosses may well have been a primary means of illuminating cookouts back in the 17th century.

Either way, completely irrelevant in 2017.

#33 6 years ago

What something USED to mean is irrelevant to what it means now. Words and symbols evolve. There's no going back for the swastika. It's now (and probably forever) the symbol of the Nazis, a symbol of hate, a symbol of death.

Quoted from Djshakes:

You are literally punching a nazi on screen when the pop bumpers go off. Again, I apologize to the community and those offended.

Yes, Indiana Jones fights Nazis & that's why we love him...but it seems odd that anyone would want to adorn their machine with 3 shiny chrome swastikas. As this thread shows....that just feels "off".

#34 6 years ago

Please, let's move on. I value my membership and the community here. I don't want this thread to get political or side tracked. They are stupid stickers I plan on removing. I don't want something so trivial (especially when my intentions were not to promote things associated with the imagery) to be a linchpin to jeopardizing membership and community standings.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Levi, I'm sorry you are offend. I am assuming you are Jewish based on your name ...

Fucking off track right away

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fucking off track right away

You are correct. Poor choice of words.

#37 6 years ago

This was the first step to making this thread an off-shoot of the Trudaeu.

Anywhom...let's not dwell on it, lesson learned let's just bid on a great game...unless you have any blimps added

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

This was the first step to making this thread an off-shoot of the Trudaeu.
Anywhom...let's not dwell on it, lesson learned let's just bid on a great game...unless you have any blimps added

I really did want one of those blimps but holy expensive. Again, just cause they look really cool and are part of the movie.

#39 6 years ago

familylaugh (resized).jpgfamilylaugh (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

Before clicking on this thread I was thinking all the buzz was about the 7k price tag.

#41 6 years ago

Ugh....people man. Christ.

#42 6 years ago

Hey gang, move along from the issue of the pop caps please. The OP said he would change them out if the eventual buyer wanted that done, seems reasonable enough to me.

#50 6 years ago

I just deleted seven posts. Next person who goes off topic about the stickers will get a thread boot. I don't care which side you are on, they are not the topic of this thread. Thanks.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.