DSC00122 (resized).JPG
DSC00121 (resized).JPG
DSC00120 (resized).JPG
DSC00119 (resized).JPG
DSC00118 (resized).JPG
DSC00113 (resized).JPG
DSC00112 (resized).JPG
DSC00105 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure

Added: 2020-11-30 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (February 16th, 2021) • Ended: January 30th, 2022
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 11,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Youtube video link:

Just finishing up the final touches on my IJ restoration. Game was a very nice original USA game that had been in home use for over the last 15 years, and of the last 5, it's not been played at all other than my test games. Playfield is very nice, only the smallest of wear at the ball drop points from ramps and in front of the slings. No other significant wear on the playfield. Game has been completely torn down and restored to the point where it looks new, plays as good as new, but isn't a museum piece where you don't want to risk playing it for the chance it might ruin the perfection some see as necessary to call it a restoration. Here's a list of what's been done.
Cabinet was stripped of original faded decals, and cabinet was filled where needed including security bar bolt holes in front, dings on bottom edges, etc. Sanded and new licensed by WMS decals installed. These are the ones that were created from the original artwork, but with modern ink and technology. Cabinet was painted inside due to what looked like some sort of staining of the interior that would not sand out. New ground braid laid in factory pattern, new shop out chart printed and stapled, lockbar assembly cleaned, cabinet wiring harnesses cleaned, hardware has been cleaned and polished or painted as required, and new power cord installed. Flipper opto interrupters and springs were also replaced. Service box was checked and new thermistor installed. Backbox latch and floor glides installed as well as a brand new USA coindoor.

Playfield has been completely stripped on topside, cleaned, polished (with high speed drill and 3 step polishing compound and applicator system, with two coats of Carnauba wax applied and buffed to shine. All parts were cleaned and polished before reassembly including all hardware. New parts include the following: All yellow star posts, Jackpot plastic, Lost plastic for back, Right plastic ramp and decal, white rubber ring set, and Comet LED set with non ghosting LEDs for all but the flash lamps. New original instruction and pricing cards also installed. Full brass kit was ordered including new legs, leg bolts, side rails, lockdown bar, and gun was plated black nickel with brass trigger and security and mounting hardware for nice contrast. One of a kind, hasn't been done before to my knowledge!. Wireform ramps have also all been freshly brass plated. New owner can take this further with add on parts as desired. Playfield glass is so so, and has typical light scratches. I'm hoping to get a clean piece of tempered glass before the sale. Black leg protectors are currently installed with the temporary legs on the game as shown.

Original display is clean, bright, with no dead pixels. Translight is perfect and clear with no scratches or blemishes.

Boards are all original, Driver board has required repair of 3 solenoid circuits with new transistors and IC driver for that circuit. Clean repairs, no hacks, all voltages check perfectly, all features work as they should without error. C1 and Bridge rectifier also replaced while at it. game is stable and has run for hours without incident on burn it cycle and real life gameplay. (I've played it to the Billion point bonus round several times).

Cash box with spares includes new pinballs, two sets of keys, original owner's manual, operators manual, schematics and a bunch of spares/replacement parts.

Local pick up preferred, but I can assist in packing for delivery as I have done dozens of times before. Shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer if they choose to do so.

Game is considered sold when I have a deposit in hand, and/or full payment in cash. I will not hold without some form of consideration.

Please feel free to PM with specific questions or to discuss. Not looking to trade, selling all of my collection at this point.
Thanks for looking.

Item photos

DSC00149 (resized).JPG
DSC00105 (resized).JPG
DSC00165 (resized).JPG
DSC00166 (resized).JPG
DSC00161 (resized).JPG
DSC00162 (resized).JPG
DSC00136 (resized).JPG
DSC00160 (resized).JPG
DSC00117 (resized).JPG
DSC00116 (resized).JPG
DSC00137 (resized).JPG
DSC00141 (resized).JPG
DSC00142 (resized).JPG
DSC00143 (resized).JPG
DSC00139 (resized).JPG
DSC00159 (resized).JPG
DSC00173 (resized).JPG
DSC00112 (resized).JPG
DSC00169 (resized).JPG
DSC00168 (resized).JPG
DSC00170 (resized).JPG
DSC00113 (resized).JPG
DSC00171 (resized).JPG
DSC00172 (resized).JPG
DSC00118 (resized).JPG
DSC00119 (resized).JPG
DSC00120 (resized).JPG
DSC00121 (resized).JPG
DSC00122 (resized).JPG
DSC00123 (resized).JPG
DSC00124 (resized).JPG
DSC00125 (resized).JPG
DSC00126 (resized).JPG
DSC00127 (resized).JPG
DSC00128 (resized).JPG
DSC00129 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Vinnypin's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Vinnypin's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Charlotte, NC, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 899.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Elite Pinball Toppers

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

#2 3 years ago

#3 3 years ago

you really could’ve just shortened this thesis to “mostly restored, better than average condition”. then put a high end, but reasonable price. instead, you dedicated an entire paragraph just to describing the work done to the inside of the cabinet, yet didn’t include a single pic of the inside of the cabinet. and with an HEP price. i just don’t get it sometimes.

#4 3 years ago

Here comes the price police.......

#5 3 years ago

New pinballs in the cash box, = 4k overpriced

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

you really could’ve just shortened this thesis to “mostly restored, better than average condition”. then put a high end, but reasonable price. instead, you dedicated an entire paragraph just to describing the work done to the inside of the cabinet, yet didn’t include a single pic of the inside of the cabinet. and with an HEP price. i just don’t get it sometimes.

I think a HEP IJTPA would fetch more. Although a HEP would probably have powder or brass legs/rails.

I hope the seller gets what they want out of the machine. It does look nice.

#7 3 years ago

As promised pictures have been added, along with Youtube video of gameplay and walkaround.

#8 3 years ago

Gun is super hot! Still think price is a little high, but as an owner of one about this nice, I’m hoping you get your full price!!

1 week later
2 months later
#10 3 years ago

Relisted after two accepted offers fell through. Open to offers.

#11 3 years ago

seriously....there ARE playfields available for this now.....and target stickers...and..

i'm just gonna stop.

#12 3 years ago

Its official, people have lost their damn minds!

#13 3 years ago

It's been here awhile. Am I the only one thinking a new/restored PF should be included at this price?

#14 3 years ago

With all of the clear coat/other issues of new playfields, I prefer the original playfield. If little more work would have been done to this playfield, it would be pristine. I think if you were to throw in a Colordmd, this game would sell pretty quick. Just my opinion.

#15 3 years ago

misfitdart is on a roll!

#16 3 years ago

Normally I'd just sit back and take the negative comments and just roll with it. But for those that feel the price is the only thing worth commenting on, then I'd like to point out the following.

First, this is a game that will most likely never be remade, and certainly isn't going to be done anytime soon if it were. Second, the cost of a "so so" condition game is still going to command 5 to 7 grand. I know because I've sold two that I felt were in good, but certainly not spectacular condition. They had minor playfield wear, cabinet wear and decal fade, broken plastics/ramps, faded metal plating etc. etc.

So this really pristine domestic game I figured was worth 6500 when refurbished.. That meant, cabinet wear remained, decal fade, no redone plating, just playfield teardown, clean up, maybe LED install, and the like.

Add in to that the actual cost of the parts I have in this game... Plating costs 1600 plus. Original licensed decals, not the cheap crap with colors that aren't true and gradients that look like shit. TIME and labor to strip, sand, fill, fix, paint install braiding, polish metal parts etc. for the cabinet alone, and that's 1000 to 1500 if you pay someone to do that work! So that's 6500 to 7K plus another 2600 to 3100 already.

Now count the cost of the LED's, all incidental small parts, time and labor to strip clean, polish, wax reassemble and tune/test the game. Another 500 to 1K? That's what I'd be charging for that labor and parts if it were any other customer. So now that's a total of 9600 to 11,100.

What about profit margin? There's a level of deciding what this is all worth to the seller. Is it worth it to "sell" or keep at a certain level after all the time, cost, effort etc. I didn't build in a whole lot of profit on this one.

I have said that I'm willing to accept offers.. So if someone feels the cost of a color DMD is warranted, then make an offer for the game minus the cost of a DMD. Simple.

If I continue to go an add and do more to the game, the price will only go higher and make this so price skewed, that it may not sell. I have done a lot to the game to appeal to a collector, but not someone that is going to be afraid to play this game and worry they will destroy the value of it. Yet if they want to embellish it with add-ons, they can, at a pace they are comfortable with. All the hard stuff is already done. The rest is easy bolt-ons.

Lastly, I know of at LEAST 3 sales of IJ in similar or slightly less pristine condition that sold for 12k or MORE! Two were local sales and I know because I know the people they traded hands with. And no they were not HEP games. I'd strongly suspect that a game done by Chris would be closer to 15K at this point. The difference? Clearcoated and touched up playfield (Mine is original, yes, and I did so for a reason. it is as nice an original IJ as I have ever seen) The paintwork on a HEP cabinet would be flawless, mine is not, and not meant to be. Etc. etc. I never want to compare my games to Chris' games, he takes these to a whole different level and I will never be able to, nor want to do so with my games.

And while I realize I am subject to all the criticism in the world when opening up my sale to this public forum, I would ask the following: Please realize that all the negative comments, hurt my opportunity to sell this game, as it puts doubts in the minds of would be buyers without having even discussed the situation with me personally. I don't go mucking up anyone else's for sale posts. Why do you always feel like it's necessary to comment on price alone. How about a public shout out to whether you think the game turned out nice or not? I've had lots of private call outs. Most agreed it was well worth the price, some that said they wished they could afford it, not a one suggested it was incorrectly priced.

So for anyone willing to take the time to consider my argument above, I appreciate it.

Game is for sale, negotiable, and open to offers. I'm selling almost all the rest of my games, and that's why it's for sale. Someone should be enjoying this one, rather than having it sit in a corner in my home.

Vinny

#17 3 years ago

Good points Vinnie. It’s all about fun and bumps for your IJ. This is one game not in my collection, but should be. I was just poking fun at misfitdart because of all the downvotes.

#18 3 years ago

Game looks nice, but is overpriced (sitting here for 80 days kind of proves that). I have to agee that for this price it either needs a new playfield or restored CC original. You are never going to get all your money back for mods and plating. Hinges need to be brassed in my opinion to balance the look out since you did most of the rest of the cabinet hardware. Plated backbox trim would have been a nice addition as well at this price.

#19 3 years ago

Beautiful game, its almost there

#20 3 years ago

To high priced today? Wait six months

IJPA is only going up

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

misfitdart is on a roll!

Thx!! just bored of the price police.....

#22 3 years ago

The price seems fine, the hell everyone bitching about? If y'all haven't noticed, there's a shitton of inflation and the price of everything is like double.

#23 3 years ago

If not interested in buying move on, if you are interested then make an offer...... these idiot posts regarding pins pricing when not even interested in buying is frustrating.

#24 3 years ago

This is the double edge sword of the Pinside forum for sale thread. You get the commentary and the exposer. The more people that beat up your for sale ad the more exposer you get. A gift and a gut punch. However the gift is more powerful in most cases. That FT FS thread really opened my eyes to this concept. The ever changing market determines value of a game regardless of it's condition at the time.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

Here comes the price police.......

7AAE1D2C-75F4-4621-AA71-A46423194BB7 (resized).jpeg7AAE1D2C-75F4-4621-AA71-A46423194BB7 (resized).jpeg
#26 3 years ago

Bump for more exposer!

#27 3 years ago

Gotta admit, long time coming on IJ and TZ price increases. Market is hot for them and with Stern’s selling for as much or more, market will accept it.

IJ was my first pin purchase in 2005 and it’s still here. Loving it today with colordmd, Pinsound mods and Lior upgrades.

TZ cost me $6000 to restore, not counting the $4000 to buy it in 2009, so his pricing is on point. Put high end in, expect high end prices.

#28 3 years ago

It would be nice if we had a Kelly blue book appraisal service. Archived ads help tremendously. But sometimes don't translate into the right now market trends. (Pirates LE) Someone from Chicago can complain at pricing, but every localized market is different. Especially when sellers don't want to ship. So we have these high priced Fish Tales. What I have always kept in mind when I sell a collectable is, what's it gonna cost me to replace it, which puts me in the now pricing.

#29 3 years ago

I have no skin in the game.... but it seems odd that in a world of $20k POTC LE’s people are complaining about a $11k (or obo) above average IJ.

#30 3 years ago

I really don't think his pricing is that far off...although in my opinion the game really needs a color dmd, PinSound Board, and Pinwoofer speakers.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

It would be nice if we had a Kelly blue book appraisal service. Archived ads help tremendously. But sometimes don't translate into the right now market trends. (Pirates LE) Someone from Chicago can complain at pricing, but every localized market is different. Especially when sellers don't want to ship. So we have these high priced Fish Tales. What I have always kept in mind when I sell a collectable is, what's it gonna cost me to replace it, which puts me in the now pricing.

KBB works for large volume cars that depreciate and falls flat on its ass when it come to appreciating or limited number vehicles.

AND BUMP FOR MOAR EXPLOSURE ON GREEDY IJPA PIN!!!!

If this sells at the ask I can show it to the wife and she will let me tear down and restore (put money in to) our IJPA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure-121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.