Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG-20151031-WA0019.jpg
448558.jpg
IJ up right.jpg
IJ translite.jpg
IJ playfield.jpg
IJ up left.jpg
IJ playfield bottom.jpg
IJ right side.jpg
IJ front down.jpg
IJ left side.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Did a video chat with OP to discuss the sale and he seems genuine and from what I can tell, has true passion for this hobby and a hardcore collector as well. English definitely isn't his first language but good thing I took Italian back in high school cuz it helped to break the ice.

#52 4 years ago

I have no doubt Fulvio is a nice guy with a passion for pinball, but where are these other pics your friends took. Playfield and boards would be awesome. This is my dream theme, but not without more pics. Anything coming out of Miami is a red flag for me. Sorry but true.

BTW are your friends playing a TZ with no power?

#53 4 years ago

This looks like an auction....."make offer from"

#54 4 years ago

I video chatted with him last sunday and we settled on $5000 and I've been waiting for him to send me his bank info since monday but haven't heard anything from him. Has anyone talk to him since?

#55 4 years ago

I know his dad was ill recently

1 week later
#56 4 years ago

It appears that this example has seen lots of plays.

Little too much insert wear for my liking. My friend is interested in this title and maybe he is ok with that amount of wear.

If it were my title, I'd pull, strip and send the PF to Captain Neo or someone to add back SALLAH's beard/chin and touch up the other inserts as well. That's a couple grand on top of what you pay for the game.

IJ is a tough game to find in pristine shape due to common insert wear (just like TAF)

IMG-20151031-WA0019.jpg

#57 4 years ago

Hell I got one with zero insert wear and I couldn't even get 6,500.00 for it. Everybody tried to get it for 5,000.00. Screw that I'll just keep it at that price.

#58 4 years ago

Yea here's one for 5 grand. This is what you can buy for 5 grand.

#59 4 years ago

Drove 1.5 hours there to see game in-person.

No electricity in the non-climate-controlled industrial bay.
Ask to plug in to neighbor's bay with extension cord. Then find out the transformer jumpers still on 230V.
Unable to even power on game.

Drove 1.5 hours home. Half a day gone...

Here's the straight-forward run-down of the game's condition (observations only since unable to power up):

Drastic insert wear (see lower part of Sallah's beard in photo)
Cabinet bottom press-board replaced
Back of head press-board replaced
New cabinet decals have wrinkles
Shooter gun plating completely worn-off
Not a single serial number of any board or component matches
At least one bulb socket was not attached - instead wrapped in a wad of electrical tape, dangling by wires.
Translite, if original, was in excellent shape

If you're going to pursue purchasing this game, I strongly recommend you see it in person before making a decision.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Drove 1.5 hours there to see game in-person.
No electricity in the non-climate-controlled industrial bay.
Ask to plug in to neighbor's bay with extension cord. Then find out the transformer is still on 230V.
Unable to even power on game.
Drove 1.5 hours home
If you want the run-down on game's condition, PM me.

Yep. You'll notice that he seems to include that picture of two guys "playing" a TZ in some of his threads for no apparent reason at all. The thing that amuses me is that they don't seem to understand that you need power to play pinball effectively.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside