Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Hdmike444
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 7,300

for sale

HUO Wizard Of Oz ECLE

Added: August 19th, 2015 Ended: April 8th, 2017

Item description

For Sale: HUO Wizard Of Oz ECLE

7.5 volt light boards. I had one board go bad when the game was new (seemed to be a bad solder job on that particular board). I also had an issue with static causing a light lockup so there are two of the newest generation buffer boards in the game. Plus it comes with a spare single light board I bought (picked it up just in case but never needed it).

Comes with a spare production playfield (not one of the wall hangers, an unpopulated production playfield). I also have the playfield Mylar set JJP is sending out now, but haven't installed it in the game yet. It has a cliffy protector on the Throne Room saucer.

It has a brand new screen in the Crystal Ball. The old one went bad because the wireform of the CB VUK was leaning against the connector and broke a couple of pins from the vibration.

Clearcoat cabinet like all the LE games.

Invisiglass.

Shaker motor.

I'll post pictures tomorrow, but it looks like a HUO ECLE WOZ as you would expect. I'm pretty firm on the price. Game is in Bellingham, Massachusetts.

DaveH

PS: Not looking for trades and I don't want to risk shipping it. The game is in my living room, so it would need to go down one flight of stairs. Comes with the box Jack signed when I picked it up if you want it. And for the really curious, you can read my review of The Hobbit from back when the Hobbit Update thread was about Hobbit updates instead of cars.

Item photos

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Boston, MA, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

Seller insights

These are DaveH's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to DaveH's stats page

#2 3 years ago

No, no, no, we are busy arguing about Tron over there now

Bump for a really good price with the extra playfield.

#3 3 years ago

i would buy this but 6 hr drive both ways and do not want to ship. Only if closer. GLWS.

#4 3 years ago

6 hr drive? Document the journey for us pinheads! DO IT !!!! You'll have story to tell in the years to come.

#5 3 years ago

why can't these deals be here in Toronto.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from horriblehager:

i would buy this but 6 hr drive both ways and do not want to ship. Only if closer. GLWS.

I just did a 7 hour (each way) trip for my Centigrade 37. The drive out was long, but the drive back was quick knowing what I got to play when I got home! To me, the trip is a fun part of the pin purchase experience. In addition, I never buy a pin unless I see it first.

#7 3 years ago

It is your choice of course but you severely limit your buyers when you won't ship. Ship it NAVL. Once you get the cash it is the other guys problem and he is taking the risk. He knows the risk and there is no fall back on you if the thing winds up a squashed piece of junk. The insurance will pay and the buyer can buy another game.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

It is your choice of course but you severely limit your buyers when you won't ship. Ship it NAVL. Once you get the cash it is the other guys problem and he is taking the risk. He knows the risk and there is no fall back on you if the thing winds up a squashed piece of junk. The insurance will pay and the buyer can buy another game.

Believe me, I realize that it limits my buyers, which makes it a bit harder to sell. But every time I notice the forklift scar on my BSD I get kind of bummed out. The cab on WOZ is gorgeous with the direct print and the clearcoat, and even though I won't own it anymore, I want to be as diligent as I can that it winds up in the next owners house as nice as it can be. So it is worth sacrificing a bit of the market to prevent any damage. And just as Chippewa-Pin said, this way the buyer gets to play it and see the game working before we ever take the legs off. That avoids confusion later in case anything happens in transport.

#9 3 years ago

if you want good deals in pinball, you have to be willing to drive. If I counted up how many hours i put into driving for good deals on pinballs. I wouldn't be surprised if I have over 1000 hours in drive time alone. But that's where the deals are. One time I picked up and dropped off games around the entire state of ohio. Was 36 hour straight trip.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I just did a 7 hour (each way) trip for my Centigrade 37. The drive out was long, but the drive back was quick knowing what I got to play when I got home! To me, the trip is a fun part of the pin purchase experience. In addition, I never buy a pin unless I see it first.

I hope that wasn't 7 hours south... I'd be bummed if I missed a nice one in my backyard.

At the price with the extra playfield I'm sure finding a buyer willing to drive won't be too hard. It's weeks worth of wages for most of us non-lawyers, a day of driving on top ain't no thing. Hopefully a good deal pops up when I'm looking for one soon

#11 3 years ago

More Code is coming.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you want good deals in pinball, you have to be willing to drive. If I counted up how many hours i put into driving for good deals on pinballs. I wouldn't be surprised if I have over 1000 hours in drive time alone. But that's where the deals are. One time I picked up and dropped off games around the entire state of ohio. Was 36 hour straight trip.

There are very few pins in Texas and you can drive for hours and hours and still not be out of Texas. If I want it bad enough I have to ship it as I wont find it here. I did find my AFM locally and by pure consequence I sold it to buy my CC which I found locally. That is it for pins I have found within driving distance

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

More Code is coming.

It is?

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I hope that wasn't 7 hours south... I'd be bummed if I missed a nice one in my backyard.
At the price with the extra playfield I'm sure finding a buyer willing to drive won't be too hard. It's weeks worth of wages for most of us non-lawyers, a day of driving on top ain't no thing. Hopefully a good deal pops up when I'm looking for one soon

East... north of NYC

GLWS Op!! Love my WOZ.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

There are very few pins in Texas and you can drive for hours and hours and still not be out of Texas. If I want it bad enough I have to ship it as I wont find it here. I did find my AFM locally and by pure consequence I sold it to buy my CC which I found locally. That is it for pins I have found within driving distance

Better start checking those dumpsters.....

#17 3 years ago

An outstanding deal considering all of the extras included!

#18 3 years ago

So many Woz for sale, I don't get it.

Good price on yours somebody will get a great deal.

#19 3 years ago

I just played my woz and and all I can say it what a great game,if stern made this it would think it would cost 12000 or more if you look at what is in it compared to let's say kiss le and I love kiss but woz at this price is a Bargin
Glws

#20 3 years ago

Great deal. Makes me feel better I'm keeping mine as would want at least that much without an extra pf. Glws!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

would want at least that much without an extra pf

Exactly what I thought. This is the best deal I've seen on a WOZ.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Exactly what I thought. This is the best deal I've seen on a WOZ.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wozecle-for-sale

$6,750 sold 16 days ago.

#23 3 years ago

It also insta-sold in about 17 seconds LOL!
Even this $7500 is an insanely awesome deal. How this isn't gone yet is beyond me. He lives in Massachusetts people, not Glasgow Montana (sorry if I offended and Glasgow residents).

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from UncleStan:

$6,750 sold 16 days ago.

Yeah that one was crazy! I think it sold in 9 minutes. I believe it sold to a retailer. I'm sure that was a happy buyer and made some money.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ah remember the drive to Pinburgh 2015.

Good luck with the sale Dave. Really a great deal on a LE WOZ.

#26 3 years ago

As Pinitration said, that game sold in 9 minutes flat. And the cool part was, it seemed both the seller and the buyer were happy. I love when that happens

#27 3 years ago

I was going to sell mine but my wife threw a fit so I started playing it a lot more. Its a fun game. Jack sent me a PF because of the ink chipping off mine but he sent me a second that had sunken inserts so I sold it and bought another one through Jen This one is beautiful and it has mylar in the sensitive areas. Ill play it till the PF is a piece of wood then install the new PF.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ah remember the drive to Pinburgh 2015.
Good luck with the sale Dave. Really a great deal on a LE WOZ.

I'm just talking about buying games. not looking at chics driving in mermaid costumes.

3 weeks later
#29 3 years ago

Added pictures. I waited this long to do it just to prove I'm lazy

#31 3 years ago

I have seen and played this game and if I had the cash would grab it in a heartbeat. The game is flawless and Dave is a great guy to deal with!
(Just for the record I hope you keep it)

#32 3 years ago

I have seen and played this game and if I had the cash would grab it in a heartbeat. The game is flawless and Dave is a great guy to deal with!
(Just for the record I hope you keep it)

+1 on Dave being a great honest seller who's very easy to deal with. Someone's going to get a great deal on this WOZ.

1 month later
#33 3 years ago

Price drop to 7300.

Upgraded to 5.05 software.

#34 3 years ago

So want this! PMing you.

#35 3 years ago

Looks like WOZ is sold pending payment.

Dave

1 week later
#36 3 years ago

The game is sold.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside