DSCN0409 (resized).JPG
DSCN0408 (resized).JPG
DSCN0407 (resized).JPG
DSCN0403 (resized).JPG
DSCN0405 (resized).JPG
DSCN0404 (resized).JPG
DSCN0402 (resized).JPG
DSCN0401 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

HUO - MINT- Star Trek: The Next Generation

Added: 2020-05-11 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (September 21st, 2021) • Ended: October 6th, 2021
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 8,000

Hey group.

I've got a HUO Sample (Silk Screened Head, Factory installed single coin with dollar bill validator) Star Trek the Next Generation. Very rare find in this original flawless condition.

Thanks
Rob

Item photos

DSCN0385 (resized).JPG
DSCN0387 (resized).JPG
DSCN0388 (resized).JPG
DSCN0389 (resized).JPG
DSCN0390 (resized).JPG
DSCN0392 (resized).JPG
DSCN0393 (resized).JPG
DSCN0394 (resized).JPG
DSCN0395 (resized).JPG
DSCN0396 (resized).JPG
DSCN0397 (resized).JPG
DSCN0398 (resized).JPG
DSCN0399 (resized).JPG
DSCN0400 (resized).JPG
DSCN0401 (resized).JPG
DSCN0402 (resized).JPG
DSCN0403 (resized).JPG
DSCN0404 (resized).JPG
DSCN0405 (resized).JPG
DSCN0407 (resized).JPG
DSCN0408 (resized).JPG
DSCN0409 (resized).JPG
DSCN0410 (resized).JPG
DSCN0411 (resized).JPG
DSCN0413 (resized).JPG
DSCN0414 (resized).JPG
DSCN0415 (resized).JPG
DSCN0416 (resized).JPG
DSCN0417 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are rj_tenn's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to rj_tenn's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Franklin, TN, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.95

#2 3 years ago

might want to do some research on previous sales, you're not even in the ballpark.

#3 3 years ago

That’s a beauty! Looks really minty.

Good luck with your sale!

#4 3 years ago

Probably helpful to list what’s all different about the sample vs the regular game. I’m not finding a ton just by scanning your pictures. Definitely in phenomenal shape though.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Probably helpful to list what’s all different about the sample vs the regular game. I’m not finding a ton just by scanning your pictures. Definitely in phenomenal shape though.

Sample refers to the fact that it is in super shape. So that term basically means "minty."

The machine is gorgeous. Very impressive machine op. The price is high for a regular sttng, but this isn't a regular one by any stretch. Did anyone actually PLAY this thing or what? Beautiful machine.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

might want to do some research on previous sales, you're not even in the ballpark.

Should be higher? The game is in phenomenal shape and does appears appear to look HUO after taking a close look at several pictures. $7k sounds very reasonable while we've seen ones with high wear go for $4500 - $5k.

#7 3 years ago

This is a low play original. I thought sample usually referred to an early run that may or may not have features the production models had. For example , I had a sample ES that had factory installed sinking building and a different sign then the production ones. I sold one recently for 4K but it was no where as nice as this game. Some people will pay more for hi end condition B?W originals. I for one would consider if closer and I had the space.

#8 3 years ago

It’s a lot BUT this looks like an incredible example....

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It’s a lot BUT this looks like an incredible example....

Yeah. I'm one of the first to complain about pricing when too high, but good luck finding this (incredible) game in such nice shape. I'd say it is pretty fair.

#10 3 years ago

What is sample about it? What are the differences?

#11 3 years ago

Price is definitely fair. Great game/license/designer. Love mine.

#12 3 years ago

Ignore the peanut gallery. They wouldn't know quality if it smacked them in the face. This is not your ordinary ST. Look at the bottom of that PF and all those mechs. Let them keep shelling out 7k for shitty sterns with bare pf's, chipped clear coat, and peeling decals.

#13 3 years ago

I believe by use of the word “sample”, he means specimen or example. Just a subtle way of attracting potential high end buyers I’d say. Beautiful game none the less.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

When price policing goes wrong.

#15 3 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. My understanding of "sample" (feel free to correct me if I am mistaken). After the red board prototypes a small number of "Sample" versions are produced (before the game goes into full production run). The samples are used at trade shows, given to members of the design team, etc.. The differences that I have noticed over the years (Silk Screened Head, Dark Grey Shuttle Craft on the Beta Ramp, Coin Door has fully operable built in Dollar Bill Validator and the Serial number tag on the inside of cabinet lists it as "1 coin").

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from rj_tenn:

Thanks for the kind words. My understanding of "sample" (feel free to correct me if I am mistaken). After the red board prototypes a small number of "Sample" versions are produced (before the game goes into full production run). The samples are used at trade shows, given to members of the design team, etc.. The differences that I have noticed over the years (Silk Screened Head, Dark Grey Shuttle Craft on the Beta Ramp, Coin Door has fully operable built in Dollar Bill Validator and the Serial number tag on the inside of cabinet lists it as "1 coin").

Also the canons have the raised globes instead of the flat plastic if I'm not mistaken.

Wish I didn't already own one. Gorgeous.

#17 3 years ago

The game looks really nice...if the game was closer I'd consider buying! Its hard to find really nice examples of this game.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Sample refers to the fact that it is in super shape. So that term basically means "minty."

Sample means it was an early run machine. It has nothing to do with condition. Samples of some machines can have differences than the final production model - TZ is a great example of this. I think Funhouse also has some differences in very early machines

Edit: looks like several others beat me to it!

#19 3 years ago

Good grief. This thing is almost just removed out of box perfect. What is up with these HUO 90's games coming out of Arizona? There was a Dirty Harry a few months back that looked just like this one.

#20 3 years ago

Game is in excellent condition, but why does a HUO STTNG early production have an aftermarket coin door and Mars DBA? I’m not knocking anything, just wondering.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from rj_tenn:

The samples are used at trade shows, given to members of the design team, etc.. The differences that I have noticed over the years (Silk Screened Head, Dark Grey Shuttle Craft on the Beta Ramp, *****Coin Door has fully operable built in Dollar Bill Validator and the Serial number tag on the inside of cabinet lists it as "1 coin"******).

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Condition is completely different.

Generally, there can be around 10 prototype games. For WPC, these are usually most easily identified by the serial number and red PCBs.

Then after testing and making changes, a sample run is produced, and that's usually somewhere around 50-100 games.

Sometimes sample games have differences between the final production game, sometimes not. Sometimes they are more collectible than the production run, sometimes not.

After testing and changes, then the final production run is made. However, even with the final production games, there are a few cases where early production games differed from later production games. Those are usually identified by just calling them "early production games".

#23 3 years ago

I've learned that HUO and restored machines are in a league of their own when it comes to pricing. I.ve paid $4200 for HUO JD a few years back when they were selling for $2000 and when I finish restoring my shadow I would be in it for around 5k not counting all of time and labor. You have to compare apples to apples to arrive at a fair price. I think this game will sell for a little less than 7K but not by much.

#24 3 years ago

Shocker! All of the STTNG owners think it's a great price

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I've learned that HUO and restored machines are in a league of their own when it comes to pricing. I.ve paid $4200 for HUO JD a few years back when they were selling for $2000 and when I finish restoring my shadow I would be in it for around 5k not counting all of time and labor. You have to compare apples to apples to arrive at a fair price. I think this game will sell for a little less than 7K but not by much.

Exactly. There are collectors looking for games exactly like this and will pay.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Vacuous comment from the peanut gallery. No...it's a fair price because HUO natural beauties are superior to restorations and RARE (especially for this year/title). It's hard for me be absolutely certain this is 100% HUO, but it appears it is. If this were verified, it's definitely priced correctly. One of Steve Ritchie's masterpieces...games being produced today have nothing over this game. Sure, the rule set isn't rocket science, but for most people, that's goodness.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I don't own this game. The price is very fair. So you may remove your tinfoil hat.

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I love my games pristine - and keep them that way. I agree with this comment. This one is tempting and nearby/close enough. Couldn't convince the family though and their opinion matters. GLWS!

#29 3 years ago

Question for the op. What version are the game and sound ROMs?

Just curious

Don

#30 3 years ago

This is my old game. It came to me direct from Williams. Had it about 10 years with less than a 1000 plays. Still had the proto ROMs in it when I sold it to someone back east.
Story is it went out on location for testing but wouldn't turn on. Went back to Williams for repair, then I got involved.
GLWTS, I miss it.

P1020159.JPGP1020159.JPG
#31 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I've learned that HUO and restored machines are in a league of their own when it comes to pricing.

Quoted from jawjaw:

That is what many people don't get. As someone who collects games from this era in this condition they don't come up that often and will fetch much more then the going rate. I have paid a lot for my HUO machines from the 90's and sold them for a lot as well. These are much more uncommon then a restored machine since anyone with money can just send a machine to HEP.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

That is what many people don't get. As someone who collects games from this era in this condition they don't come up that often and will fetch much more then the going rate. I have paid a lot for my HUO machines from the 90's and sold them for a lot as well. These are much more uncommon then a restored machine since anyone with money can just send a machine to HEP.

I understand the price as well. In Europe, it’s almost impossible to find pins in that shape NOT restored. All those pins have been in bars or else with countless plays ... you guys in the US are really lucky... on my side I’ve paid high price for a rare prototype in great shape so I know that when you find a pin line that, it’s like a wall in your house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 63.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-huo-sample-star-trek-the-next-generation?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.